PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: The Awaited Return Part 1 Released !!!

KIKO
25-07-08, 15:19
Tomb Raider: The Awaited Return Part One

Hi folks.
Here's your awaited new fiction of tomb raider made by my team, Crop Circles.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/kiko_03_2008/TRtheawaitedreturn.jpg

"A new kind of evil lies under our feet, chases you at night in those ordinary alleyways, hunts you in your nightmares! Well the bad news are that he is about to be unleashed ! He will escape from the afterlife and finish what he started, don't hide or run because after all we are all going to be dead.
Spidy isn't available, our last hope is Lara Croft and you are the one who will be guiding Lara on her new adventure, choose your paths wisely, avoid your sentence, stay safe but try this at home because reading doesn't hurt anyone. But the questions are, can we trust you to save us ? Will this be the end of our days ?
We better dig our own tombs before we die in the hands of such evil."

Part 1
Crop Circles brings you an adventure that will take you from the corals of Mexico to the dangerous ruins of India whistle you discover the one who will make the awaited return. Get ready for terrible choices and to unveil the secrets behind this story, choose your arsenal and focus on your task. And of course happy raiding."

Features:
- Multipath
- Interaction
- Choice of Weapons

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hfdf0r (174MB)
Soon it will be on www.tombraiderchronicles.com

Be sure to read the manual first. It's truly important. Also your going to need some material. And to make it work, put the folder on your desktop and don't rename anything

I hope you all like it. A Non-profit project made entirely for you fans. Enjoy :tmb:

EDIT: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p3c0t3 Download this black and white document i made, you just need to print it and you can start reading. I made your work easy.

www.freewebs.com/kiko2008

GeekOfComedy
25-07-08, 15:20
Woo point and click FTW

KIKO
25-07-08, 15:23
Woo point and click FTW

Yap Read & Click adventure :)

Drone
25-07-08, 15:35
sounds itneresting I'll check it out a.s.a.i.c!

Cristina
25-07-08, 15:40
Thats realy interesting! :)

KIKO
25-07-08, 15:42
At the begining it may seem a bit complicated because you need to write on a paper/notebook every item she picks, every item she uses. And you need to take note of some things that are on the manual. The only hard part is to get used to kill enemies. But as soon as you get used it to, it's easy and there's training too. I hope you guys like it :D

The Great Chi
25-07-08, 16:15
Excellent, Crop circles are one of my pet subjects, Been to Southern England on holiday to look at them.

Your Project looks good, but as I am on dial-up I will have to go to a relatives house with broadband to download a file that size, onto a memory stick.

But I will have to play this :tmb:

KIKO
25-07-08, 16:27
Excellent, Crop circles are one of my pet subjects, Been to Southern England on holiday to look at them.

Your Project looks good, but as I am on dial-up I will have to go to a relatives house with broadband to download a file that size, onto a memory stick.

But I will have to play this :tmb:

LoL, Crop Circles is the name of the team, not the subject of the story if that is what you are reffering. :ton:

GeekOfComedy
25-07-08, 16:54
Finished it. It's really hard to get the hang of and it took 30mins to load

KIKO
25-07-08, 16:55
Finished it. It's really hard to get the hang of and it took 30mins to load

Now you need to make an inventory. Have fun and read the manual first :tmb:
EDIT: Also tell me if everything works fine, ok ?

tlr online
25-07-08, 17:58
Look forward to it. Thank you. :tmb:

KIKO
25-07-08, 18:11
Thanks too.

Here's a screen for those who haven't downloaded it yet.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/kiko_03_2008/1stslide.jpg
You wanna click it don't you ? :D

EDIT: I will make a black & white two pages of what you need to start reading for those who are a bit lazy :p

Domino
25-07-08, 19:09
Downloading! :)

KIKO
25-07-08, 19:31
Also download the black & white document and print it, it will make your work easier and you can start reading. But of course read the manual :)

EDIT: Who's already playing it ?
EDIT: I've re-read the manual and found some errors :( i'm correcting them but it's useless uh ? Well it won't be for part 2. Sorry about the errors.

jackali
25-07-08, 20:07
I'm downloading it now. :)

KIKO
25-07-08, 20:33
I'm downloading it now. :)

Thank u.
Here's another screen folks.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/kiko_03_2008/oooooo.jpg

It's very clear what happened uh ? :p I guess i had no more bullets :o bad player me:ton:

RockSteady101
25-07-08, 21:55
The audio does'nt work for me. :(

KIKO
25-07-08, 21:56
The audio does'nt work for me. :(

Put it on your desktop. But not inside any folder than the ones that are inside the folder i gave.
It should work.

Desktop>TombRaider-TheAwaitedReturn> PPfile, etcc...

EDIT: I downloaded it myself and extraced the folder to the desktop and it works just fine. I don't get the problem...

Domino
26-07-08, 07:16
The folder doesn't have the audio...... only the manual, icons, copyright thing and the PP.

KIKO
26-07-08, 10:45
The folder doesn't have the audio...... only the manual, icons, copyright thing and the PP.

doesn't have the audio ?? How ?? I put a folder named Sounds, there's lots of sounds inside.
I'm downloading it.

EDIT: This is the winrar folder that I put on sendspace.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/kiko_03_2008/03.jpg
I don't understand, how can a folder disappear like that ???

TRF
26-07-08, 10:57
Maybe a stupid question, but is this a game, story or interactive thing???
I can make out of the first post it's some kind of story....

Sorry,

KIKO
26-07-08, 10:59
Maybe a stupid question, but is this a game, story or interactive thing???
I can make out of the first post it's some kind of story....

Sorry,

Story with interaction :)

EDIT: OMG, I think I know what the problem is. lolololol i'm so stupid, i hide the folder lolololol. I'll fix it and correct the download wait some moments.
EDIT: Uploading...
EDIT: Fixed an Uploaded. It should now work fine. Sorry for any inconvenience

TRF
26-07-08, 11:56
So, this is just part one.....
Will there be a part 2???

I haven't even see part one yet, but heh, you can't blame me for my internet connection.... :p
It downloading now

KIKO
26-07-08, 12:08
Part 2 is already written, and hey I need some holidays of this too :p If this part is well reciven by the fans I'll consider of course part 2. But meanwhile you can entertain yourselves with part 1 which is big. 42 Slides.

TRF
26-07-08, 12:10
42 slides doesn't seems so big, but when it's interactive, i might be there a while.. lol
I'm very curious about it though... 55%

EDIT: It's downloaded, read the manual...
Just one problem... The sounds doesn't work for me..

I've extracted the Winrar or Winzip file to my Desktop... Leave everything in one and the same folder... Started the PPS file or presentation file and when i sw a sound picture, clicked it, and nothing happends... It's doesn't play automatic, and clicking on it, doesn't work eiter....

I didn't change anything in the folder... What do i need to do????

KIKO
26-07-08, 14:14
First of all you can't click any sound symbol unless it's the second time you visit that same slide without exiting the slideshow.
Second it must be like this on your deskptop:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/kiko_03_2008/1-1.jpg

Inside it must be like this:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/kiko_03_2008/2.jpg

Try like this, if it still doesn't work try not extracting anything from the winrar and try like that. I don't know why it doesn't work. I downloaded it and everything works really fine. I don't get it.:confused:

Also trying progressing on the story and see if any more sound plays.

TRF
26-07-08, 14:31
I have the same as you have...
I have it places like pic 1 ( not on the same spot though :tea: )
The sounds file is included.... So that not the problem...

When i open the PP and the presentation is on screen... ( the edit version) and when i dubble click on the sound pictogram, i get the message that the file couldn't be found...

For some reasons the presentation doesn't reconise the sounds.....
I don't know why, and i didn't change anything from the file (s)

KIKO
26-07-08, 14:34
I have the same as you have...
I have it places like pic 1 ( not on the same spot though :tea: )
The sounds file is included.... So that not the problem...

When i open the PP and the presentation is on screen... ( the edit version) and when i dubble click on the sound pictogram, i get the message that the file couldn't be found...

For some reasons the presentation doesn't reconise the sounds.....
I don't know why, and i didn't change anything from the file (s)

but you can't click on the sounds but by clicking on them they'll stop. Even though it's still strange. On mine it works. Try going to further slides and see if the music works please.

Hmm... I see. Wait ah, before uploading I made a copy of the folder, the copy was the one that got uploaded. I wonder if the copy gets the music from the original folder instead of the copy folder. If is so, then we just found the problem.

TRF
26-07-08, 14:37
but you can't click on the sounds but by clicking on them they'll stop. Even though it's still strange. On mine it works. Try going to further slides and see if the music works please.

I don't click on the sounds while playing the presentation... I click on them when i open it, so you can edit it... ( I'm not doing that, but i can open it like an edit version )

Anyways, when i go further, they don't play either....

EDIT I: The files are reset... They have moved to another place or something.... That's when i look at the music propaties in PPP.... They are moved or not reconished...

EDIT II: The die sounds does work, as for the proceed button sound... The music however, is not.

KIKO
26-07-08, 14:43
I don't click on the sounds while playing the presentation... I click on them when i open it, so you can edit it... ( I'm not doing that, but i can open it like an edit version )

Anyways, when i go further, they don't play either....

EDIT I: The files are reset... They have moved to another place or something.... That's when i look at the music propaties in PPP.... They are moved or not reconished...

EDIT II: The die sounds does work, as for the proceed button sound... The music however, is not.

That's spooky and strange.... How can some work, and the other don't.
EDIt: I'm uploading the original file, let's see if this works. It better work.

TRF
26-07-08, 14:44
That's spooky and strange....

I know, it is....
And it really bugs me though....

I want to experiance this with ALL of it's nature....
Not without sounds.... That's no fun...

KIKO
26-07-08, 14:49
I know, it is....
And it really bugs me though....

I want to experiance this with ALL of it's nature....
Not without sounds.... That's no fun...

Wait I'm checking something the TRA sounds and die/proceed sound are wav format, the rest is mp3 format. Do you think it's because of that ?

EDIT: Do the videos work ?

TRF
26-07-08, 14:58
Wait I'm checking something the TRA sounds and die/proceed sound are wav format, the rest is mp3 format. Do you think it's because of that ?

EDIT: Do the videos work ?

Nope, videos not working aswell....
Etleast the intro isn't... The rest i don't know, but if the intro isn't working, why should the rest do????

Anyways, the intro video is giving a stand alone picture with the credits (the same as legend, but the edited version of you.....

EDIT: When does the TRA sounds play???
What sheed???
Maybe then i can find out if they are working!!!

Lara Croft!
26-07-08, 14:59
I like what you did! Very nice work! Especially how you blend all TRs together, very pleasant for all Lara's fans! (Hopefully there will be Kurtis, or a sign of him in future parts...)

I have the same problem as TRF. All sounds are ok except for the music. When u say videos, what do you mean?

KIKO
26-07-08, 15:01
Nope, videos not working aswell....
Etleast the intro isn't... The rest i don't know, but if the intro isn't working, why should the rest do????

Anyways, the intro video is giving a stand alone picture with the credits (the same as legend, but the edited version of you.....

EDIT: When does the TRA sounds play???
What sheed???
Maybe then i can find out if they are working!!!

yup it's how it starts. 63% almost uploaded. I hate when things like this happens and people can't enjoy the story at this full capabilities.
Go to sounds, TRA folder, there are two or three don't remember well.
The videos, the intro and the credits. They are the only videos.

EDIT: There's also another strange thing. The file is 212 MB and after uploading it stays 170 MB. Strange, really strange...

EDIT 2: The download link was replaced with the download link of the original file. You can start the download. Let's hope that it works this time .

TRF
26-07-08, 15:32
yup it's how it starts. 63% almost uploaded. I hate when things like this happens and people can't enjoy the story at this full capabilities.
Go to sounds, TRA folder, there are two or three don't remember well.
The videos, the intro and the credits. They are the only videos.

EDIT: There's also another strange thing. The file is 212 MB and after uploading it stays 170 MB. Strange, really strange...

EDIT 2: The download link was replaced with the download link of the original file. You can start the download. Let's hope that it works this time .

Okay...
Downloading now....

KIKO
26-07-08, 16:56
And if it doesn't work the only solution I see it's to send by an msn conversation ;)

Lara Croft!
26-07-08, 17:56
Still not working for me...

TRF
26-07-08, 22:14
And if it doesn't work the only solution I see it's to send by an msn conversation ;)

Nope... Still not working: KIKO....
Check you PM please... ;)

KIKO
27-07-08, 19:05
Sorry i wasn't here yesterday and this morning. I will add you on msn in a few minutes. ;)

KIKO
27-07-08, 21:58
Everyone, i found the problem. PowerPoint only plays wav sounds, and the TR sounds were Mp3 ones. I need to convert them and sort them out again, I'll do that as soon as I can. I'm so sorry for this.:o

TRF
28-07-08, 01:12
Sorry i wasn't here yesterday and this morning. I will add you on msn in a few minutes. ;)

No need, I already got the message to "unlock" you...
It's done...

You did it KIKO.... Nice job...
Looking forward to it...

KIKO
28-07-08, 17:57
But I still have a little problem, which is the videos. I need to find how to embed them on Powerpoint rather than linking them. Most of the sounds are wav but don't worry the file won't be that big because:
1. I have a program to change from mp3 to wav keeping the same size of mp3
2. Most of them are embeded, so i might just delete them after because they won't be necessary.:)

jocb17
28-07-08, 22:25
Very good! I really liked the concept of it and how you got to choose what to do. It did take me awhile to get used to though and to NOT cheat.
I was real sad that only part one is available! I got to the end so fast, after waiting a VERY long time to download. Also, I have very limited space on my PC at the moment so I tried to delete the folder and everything (after I played it of course!) and it won't let me. Says its write protected. Do you know anything about how that happened and how I can fix it?

TRF
29-07-08, 00:11
Very good! I really liked the concept of it and how you got to choose what to do. It did take me awhile to get used to though and to NOT cheat.
I was real sad that only part one is available! I got to the end so fast, after waiting a VERY long time to download. Also, I have very limited space on my PC at the moment so I tried to delete the folder and everything (after I played it of course!) and it won't let me. Says its write protected. Do you know anything about how that happened and how I can fix it?

All I can tell you, is that you need to be sure that every program, that uses these files, are closed.... The files need to be "left" alone...
After you know the files aren't use by any program, right-click on the main folder and hit delete... Choose yes, and your done;..

KIKO
29-07-08, 13:07

Glad you liked it, though there was no sound. But it will soon, I'm changing sounds, replacing and converting. There are lots of them so it will take a while.

jocb17
29-07-08, 18:07
All I can tell you, is that you need to be sure that every program, that uses these files, are closed.... The files need to be "left" alone...
After you know the files aren't use by any program, right-click on the main folder and hit delete... Choose yes, and your done;..

Yeah, I've been looking for any program that might be using any of the files, but that seems unlikely since all that is left in the folder is the "DO NOT delete icons folder" with nothing in it :hea:
All the folders are empty, it's just the main folder that won't delete... For now I've made it hidden becuase other people use my computer and it didn't look right with my desktop :p

KIKO
29-07-08, 20:30
LOL^ Just finished soundtrack list and wow it's alot !! Now I'm going to delete mp3 sounds and let the wav sounds live long.

EDIT: Just deleted them and it's 210MB now. Now I'm going to embeed the sounds.
EDIT: All sounds renamed and moved to be right next to the PPF. No sounds folder neither icons folder now. Manual will be changed due to this of course.

KIKO
01-08-08, 19:59
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/kiko_03_2008/alternativecover.jpg

Clips were replaced by several images, sorry i couldn't find a way to embedd them on Power Point. Sounds are in fortunatly. So enjoy it. Sorry for this trouble :o

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hfdf0r
Also on first post.

Keir_Eidos
28-08-08, 10:45
Very cool :tmb: