PDA

View Full Version : To paint Lara, or not to paint Lara...

ThatNorskChick
25-07-08, 23:08
...that is my question. (hah hah)

I started this painting a few weeks ago:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/Maidenofhorror2/Corona%20Borealis/egyptsk.jpg

I was originally going to paint Lara in the dark space (as if she's up against the wall, peering around the corner) but now I'm afraid that if I do, I'll ruin the picture.

So...I'd just like some opinions on what you think I should do. Should I go for it, or just leave it be? Thanks. :D

jackali
25-07-08, 23:14
Wow, that's really good.

I've an idea, if you want to be cautious, paint Lara on a piece of paper, cut her out and put her in front, if she looks good there then you might as well paint her on it. :)

Fallen.Angel
25-07-08, 23:26
^ I would recommend that as well. Very nice painting! :tmb:

Quasimodo
25-07-08, 23:31
Nice perspective and colours! Shame we can't use removable layers and Ctrl+z on real paintings :o The paper mock-up idea sounds good - having Lara peeking around the corner at the jackals might help balance out the composition a bit.

ThatNorskChick
25-07-08, 23:36
Shame we can't use removable layers and Ctrl+z on real paintings

So true. Photoshop has spoiled me. :(

Thanks for that idea jackali! I never wouldn't have thought of that. That would help tremendoulsy. :o

Zebra
26-07-08, 00:51
WOW! That looks really good :tmb:!

The only idea I can think of (other than jackali's) would be to make a good photo (in a really high resolution) and than paint Lara onto it on the PC.

mileylover04
26-07-08, 06:15
The only idea I can think of (other than jackali's) would be to make a good photo (in a really high resolution) and than paint Lara onto it on the PC.
man i was just about to suggest that. yea that would be a good idea. like paint lara then scan or take a pic of her and of your painting and and photoshop lara into it and see how it looks. if you still are iffy than put the pic on here and ask us what you think.

young Lara Croft
26-07-08, 08:04
The painting is empty without Lara!:p

xxitsxnadyaxx
26-07-08, 08:07
photoshop lara in :)
as suggested before

knutroald
26-07-08, 13:19
If its your face and stuff where its your afraid you'll screw up, you could try drawing her in the edge of the picture so she's cut off and you only see her side and her shoulder and arm.

Anyways , the paperlara sounds like the best idea.

jackali
26-07-08, 13:58
Thanks for that idea jackali! I never wouldn't have thought of that. That would help tremendoulsy. :o

Not a problem, just glad my idea could help. :)

I did think of that as well, but the thing is, painting Lara in Photoshop wouldn't look the same as it would all with real paints, Lara might look a little out of place, unless it was done with great skill.

Also, computer lighting can never compare to natural and real lighting, which is why I didn't suggest doing it on a computer.

Shrantellatessa
26-07-08, 14:33
Very nice style :tmb:

KurtisLonely
26-07-08, 17:05
So true. Photoshop has spoiled me. :(

hah x'D

I think it's great the way it is :D

Autolycus
26-07-08, 19:35
Looks really great :tmb:

ThatNorskChick
26-07-08, 22:19
I did think of that as well, but the thing is, painting Lara in Photoshop wouldn't look the same as it would all with real paints, Lara might look a little out of place, unless it was done with great skill.

Also, computer lighting can never compare to natural and real lighting, which is why I didn't suggest doing it on a computer.

I agree. It would be really strange...besides, I want a real painting I can admire on a wall. Also, I am not the best digital painter. :p

Thank you everyone for helping me out! :hug:

kryptonite23
27-07-08, 09:11
It will be better if Lara is in that painting :D

remote91
27-07-08, 13:02
That painting is gorgeous :D

It looks a bit like its from Lara's point of view.

Ilie_Fusarau
28-07-08, 05:37
It will be better if Lara is in that painting :D
Indeed :):tmb: