PDA

View Full Version : From Ashes to the Phoenix: The Epic of Azula

Indiana Croft
28-07-08, 04:53
This is my fan fiction based on Avatar: The Last Airbender. Please read and tell me what ya think. It will feature 20, possibly 21 chapters to commemorate Azula. Enjoy:D

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4418885/1/From_Ashes_to_the_Phoenix_The_Epic_of_Azula

TRLegendLuver
28-07-08, 05:07
wow, really good! keep it up! :tmb:

Twilight
28-07-08, 05:44
usually i don't read fanfic, but being that its about Azula...and i had Zero closure about her from the finale, i read it.

that was beautifully written. characters were in...character. the events and tension felt realistic. and the mysterious cliffhanger left me wanting more. i honestly can't wait for the next chapter.

it would be nice if someone did some illustrations for it.

:tmb:

Ilie_Fusarau
28-07-08, 06:24
:tmb:

Indiana Croft
08-08-08, 03:20
chpt 3 is up :wve:

Heckler
08-08-08, 08:27
'Spitting words like they were arsenic'.....haha that is amazing!!!
never heard of the expression before......
Im not familiar with the Avatar series but the way your telling this story certainly is stunning!
U kinda lost me with the imperial firebenders though.....:D

kryptonite23
08-08-08, 13:32
Nice work Mackenzie!! :tmb:

Indiana Croft
09-08-08, 05:50
why thank you:)

Andromeda66
09-08-08, 06:42
I don't really care for Azula but the language and choice of words is nice :wve:

Indiana Croft
10-08-08, 18:49
Chapter four is now up too:)

Indiana Croft
12-08-08, 01:38
Oh, I've decided to have 23 chapters as apposed to the 20 acustomed to avatar. Chapters 20-21 will be a two part, and 22 will be the story's "finale". 23 Will be totally and Author's Note. So enjoy chapters 1-4 now, and chapter 5 will be online by next monday:)

Twilight
12-08-08, 05:07
wow that was beautiful, you're an amazing writer.
the descriptions are just...perfect.

ch.3's ending reminded me a bit of the "Lake Laogai" scene with Zuko, in a good way. actually, i think it was even better.
and i noticed the "little heartbeat" part.

you expanded on Azula's past in ch.4 way more than Mike and Bryan did. it all flowed and made sense, i picture every scene.

can't wait for ch.5 :tmb:

Indiana Croft
12-08-08, 12:17
^Wow, thanks a million for the compliments:)

Indiana Croft
23-08-08, 04:33
Chapter five is up!

Indiana Croft
07-09-08, 22:27
chapter six is now up. Enjoy:)

Twilight
09-09-08, 02:38
oh my....that was beautiful....
the way you translate feelings so thoroughly into words is astounding.
i got a little teary near the end of chapter 6.
i especially know that feeling of happiness and hope just rising.

this story is so beautiful. i haven't felt that shocked and awed since the finale.

just, wow...it keeps getting better. you should publish it, or something. people need to read this.

Indiana Croft
09-09-08, 19:20
oh my....that was beautiful....
the way you translate feelings so thoroughly into words is astounding.
i got a little teary near the end of chapter 6.
i especially know that feeling of happiness and hope just rising.

this story is so beautiful. i haven't felt that shocked and awed since the finale.

just, wow...it keeps getting better. you should publish it, or something. people need to read this.

oh, wow. Thanks a mil:)
It's funny, cause people on fanfic just criticize the hell out of me. I understand constructive criticism, but they really know how to burn someone. But thanks for your compliments:D

Twilight
09-09-08, 21:45
oh, wow. Thanks a mil:)
It's funny, cause people on fanfic just criticize the hell out of me. I understand constructive criticism, but they really know how to burn someone. But thanks for your compliments:D

your welcome :)

i usually do give constructive criticism, but there's nothing to criticize!
the whole anger/forgiveness part was actually very realistic.
personally, i like how you use "the girl" and "She" most of the time. it doesnt break the focus and flow of the story. it gets annoying when people constantly use the characters name in both descriptions and dialogue. example: "Katara did this, Katara did that, Katara looked down. "Katara!" she yelled."