PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Music off. Does someone play TR2 with Linux?

Virginia4
29-07-08, 12:46
Hi to all...

I've just passed to Linux and I want to play with my TR2.

I installed it with wine and it runs ok.

But there is a problem: the music. (i mean music, not sound effects)

In old pc (Windows) this problem was solved with the patch of Tomb Raider Chronicles.

But I can't use it, because it recognize that I have not a Windows. Even if I use it with wine.

What can I do?

TR2 naturally is original.

I thought... if someone of you know WHAT the patch did, he can pass me, link ecc. the modification to do.

EscondeR
29-07-08, 13:05
AFAIK you can't emulate CD audio via Wine...

Read THIS (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ) FAQ or look for help HERE (http://www.winehq.org/site/getting_help).

Virginia4
29-07-08, 13:07
no :(

and is there no way to listen the TR music?

EscondeR
29-07-08, 16:25
I'll look further into your issue...

Tomb Raider Master
29-07-08, 16:31
Thread moved to Technical Support section.

St4r
29-07-08, 17:41
I had it running perfectly. I don't remember if I did something special, but I'll look into it.

spikejones
29-07-08, 18:37
i wonder when someone will come up with the gumption to reverse engineer these games to run on Linux?

Game manufacturers can certainly create .deb and .rpm binary installation packages if they felt like it.

Virginia4
29-07-08, 21:35
St4r, have you ever got some problems with music in windows?
if it is so, do you remember if you used a patch to resolve?

Have you actually installed TR2 on your pc? If it is so, can you read for me some configuration settings? Thank you and sorry for the questions.

spikejones: i think it too... I hope someone will remedy

EscondeR
30-07-08, 05:14
Have you actually installed TR2 on your pc? If it is so, can you read for me some configuration settings? Thank you and sorry for the questions.

That's not the question of settings, the thing is that Wine can't properly emulate CD audio interface. The Windows XP/Vista patch does nothing with audio actually, it only sets Win98 compatibility mode for TR2 executable.

Virginia4
31-07-08, 13:52
I setted wine for Win 98... but nothing. I'm so sad... :(

St4r
31-07-08, 17:06
I haven't got TR installed at the moment, but I'll look into it if I find the time this weekend.