PDA

View Full Version : profile pic

JJik
30-07-08, 11:17
Why can't members get personal pics in your profile? Why is it only Mods?
On an other forums I'm on I can do it, so why not here.

TombRaiderCool
30-07-08, 11:19
It is only moderators because they can be trusted to put pictures of themselves and not random photos like Lara Croft. Lots of members would probaly not put pictures of themselves and just random ones, but I think this forum is against that. If was enabled it would be impossible to be checked for ramdom photos, as admins can't check every single profile.

Shrantellatessa
30-07-08, 11:29
Not all of them (not to say none of them) has his/her pic up in their profile :p

But I think JJik is talking about avatars :)

Dakaruch
30-07-08, 11:33
If some members were able to upload their own avatars/profile pics, some could use the T&C of the forum, and the administration could be in trouble because of that. Probably that's the main reason why you can't do so!

ajrich17901
30-07-08, 18:37
I think we should be alowed to upload our own picture on our profile it would be nice lol

Angelx14
30-07-08, 18:41
We just can't. It's the same way as asking why sky is blue.

Benguitar
30-07-08, 18:44
Admins and Mods don't trust us, and most of is can't be trusted. Soo...

Drone
30-07-08, 18:46
Why can't members get personal pics in your profile? Why is it only Mods?
On an other forums I'm on I can do it, so why not here.

it's the same if you ask why can't we upload our avatars and use pics and urls in our sigs. It's just not allowed here so why talk about what is allowed on other forums?

stereopathic
30-07-08, 19:35
it was under discussion but last i heard they decided against it because they couldn't police it properly.

toxicraider
30-07-08, 19:52
hmm i'm fine with avatars to be honest, you can use the member picture thread but i guess it isnt as personal.

Capt. Murphy
30-07-08, 21:09
Admins and Mods don't trust us, and most of is can't be trusted. Soo...

I agree. IMO There are already (and have been in the past) a good number of avatars that just barely skim the line of "NSFW" -as it is ......already! :mad:

ETA: You people know who you are and should be ashamed! >:-(

;-P

ETA2: They ruined it for the honest people. Thanks a pant load. :wve: