PDA

View Full Version : I need help in embedding videos on powerpoint

KIKO
30-07-08, 21:22
Hi. I'm having trouble embbeding clips on power point, if embedding isn't possible then link the clips. I have two clips I want on the power point, they are in wmv format but still they don't work. Perhaps it's the format of the clip, should they be in another format ? I need some help here :o

spikejones
30-07-08, 22:40
wmv videos certainly can be embedded into PPT. Of course I forget the method, but have you used the HELP feature of the application? You should be able to search the Help index for "embedding videos" or simply "videos". It should give you directions on how to do it as well as some trouble shooting pointers if things don't work properly.

snoopyeab
31-07-08, 06:27
It's quite easy: Insert > Movies and sounds > movie from file.
Another possibility is to create a hyperlink to a location. Of course that location needs to be accessible at the time of showing the ppt.

KIKO
31-07-08, 10:52
wmv videos certainly can be embedded into PPT. Of course I forget the method, but have you used the HELP feature of the application? You should be able to search the Help index for "embedding videos" or simply "videos". It should give you directions on how to do it as well as some trouble shooting pointers if things don't work properly.

Ok I'll try the help function. snoopyeab I tried that before but it only links the video and then the links break. And yes the video is the same folder and the PPF.

EDIT: Ok i got nothing. It still doesn't work to whoever i sent it. I found another method in youtube a bit different, this one appears wmp window in ppf however it doesn't play to whoever i sent it. Any more suggestions ?