PDA

View Full Version : Save game via CD-R, possible? (PS3)

Shweine
31-07-08, 05:20
I don't have access to a flash drive at the moment. :(
Is it possible to put a save game onto a CD-R and copy it onto your PS3?

Thanks. :)

kooky
31-07-08, 05:31
I don't think it is possible to do that unfortunately, you can only do it with a flash device... :o

thanatos
31-07-08, 09:25
It won't even be possible with a flash drive for much longer. The saves are becoming locked, 360 style, because of the trophies.

VonCroy360
31-07-08, 10:16
^ And that totally sucks! It only gives you the option to do the full system backup, and that thing copies the whole disk! Who has the space for that or time to transfer things a million times to their smaller flash drives? :mad:

Agent 47
31-07-08, 15:49
It won't even be possible with a flash drive for much longer. The saves are becoming locked, 360 style, because of the trophies.

would you give a friend FREE unearned trophies??

i wouldn't, the lock is fine by me, provided they are locked to my machine and still backupable :D

thanatos
31-07-08, 15:55
would you give a friend FREE unearned trophies??

i wouldn't, the lock is fine by me, provided they are locked to my machine and still backupable :D

I don't give a damn about trophies to be honest. I just hate that it makes moving and making backups of saves more difficult. I have painful memories of losing some early 360 saves when I moved over to my Elite. Just makes things needlessly difficult just for the sake of pointless Trophies.
(please bare in mind my anger from this post stems from a hatred of 360 saves and 360 achievemnets)

Agent 47
31-07-08, 15:59
I don't give a damn about trophies to be honest. I just hate that it makes moving and making backups of saves more difficult. I have painful memories of losing some early 360 saves when I moved over to my Elite. Just makes things needlessly difficult just for the sake of pointless Trophies.
(please bare in mind my anger from this post stems from a hatred of 360 saves and 360 achievemnets)

my understanding is (from a guy at ND regarding Uncharted trophies) is that the save file will be locked so you can't give a friend free trophies,let them earn them,

games that won't or have any intention of supporting trophies should be fine is what i'm guessing :D

thanatos
31-07-08, 16:21
my understanding is (from a guy at ND regarding Uncharted trophies) is that the save file will be locked so you can't give a friend free trophies,let them earn them,

games that won't or have any intention of supporting trophies should be fine is what i'm guessing :D

I'm pretty sure all new games will support trophies in due time though.