PDA

View Full Version : Without sense.

Nausinous
01-08-08, 13:08
I've worked on this for about an 1 hour and a half maybe 2. It's still unfinished but its looking good so far. I wanted to capture a certain feeling I had, like life was very hollow and I couldn't sense anything. So this copy of me (Not a very good one) has got duct tape on his lips, cotton stuffed up his nose, patches stuck over his eyes and cotton in his ears. My heart has burst and there is blood draining out of it. There's a miniture me in the middle and in the top left hand corner is supposed to be in the inside of my skull. It's supposed to be empty. I'm gonna do more research into the real details of a heart and skull but I simply started drawing this around 1 in the morning and I was just going with a feeling. Enjoy :wve:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/BlackGrey/Senseless.jpg

toxicraider
01-08-08, 13:16
:eek: wow, its very good, you like this kind of art best? i think its very symbolic and emotional.

Nausinous
01-08-08, 13:45
:eek: wow, its very good, you like this kind of art best? i think its very symbolic and emotional.

I think it positively ****, like most of my art, after I stare at it for ages :hea:

Thanks :hug: I'm trying to develop my own pencil style but I'm not succeding very well. The symbolisim and emotions wasn't something I was trying to achieve but I'm glad you've found that!

toxicraider
01-08-08, 13:48
:eek: you're too modest it's awesome! my talent never went further than stick men :D but yh the shadows are really good, did you smudge them to make it look smooth because it doesn't look like pencil. The drawing style is really good imo.

Nausinous
01-08-08, 15:17
:eek: you're too modest it's awesome! my talent never went further than stick men :D but yh the shadows are really good, did you smudge them to make it look smooth because it doesn't look like pencil. The drawing style is really good imo.

I do smudge my pencil strokes, I think pencil strokes always look so un-natural so I normally just rub with my index finger :D

toxicraider
01-08-08, 15:18
I do smudge my pencil strokes, I think pencil strokes always look so un-natural so I normally just rub with my index finger :D

It looks really good, the shadows on his/your face make it look almost like a clay model :o.

stereopathic
01-08-08, 15:20
it's really nice, Nausinous. i like it.

i also hate everything i do. i bought some frames for my stuff but never hung any of it because i couldn't stand looking at it. :\

toxicraider
01-08-08, 15:21
it's really nice, Nausinous. i like it.

i also hate everything i do. i bought some frames for my stuff but never hung any of it because i couldn't stand looking at it. :\

aw i'm sure they're brilliant, I think my best art was a paint by numbers thing that my sister mostly did for me :)

stereopathic
01-08-08, 15:24
aw i'm sure they're brilliant, I think my best art was a paint by numbers thing that my sister mostly did for me :)

thanks for that, toxicraider. :)

also, Nausinous, i love the scaly texture of whatever you set the paper on. is that a bed spread or something? it's cool, whatever it is, and makes a nice backdrop.

Nausinous
01-08-08, 16:02

also, Nausinous, i love the scaly texture of whatever you set the paper on. is that a bed spread or something? it's cool, whatever it is, and makes a nice backdrop.

Its my mums best quilt cover on the guest bed. Its only the room with proper lighting in my house. The rest of the house is shrouded in the darkness from the clouds outside!

toxicraider
01-08-08, 16:03

Your welcome :D
That isn't part of the picture! but yh it looks quite cool :)

Alex Fly
01-08-08, 17:27
Awesome ! :tmb:

Autolycus
01-08-08, 20:29
Looks awesome great artwork :tmb:

tampi
02-08-08, 13:28
I've worked on this for about an 1 hour and a half maybe 2. It's still unfinished but its looking good so far. I wanted to capture a certain feeling I had, like life was very hollow and I couldn't sense anything. So this copy of me (Not a very good one) has got duct tape on his lips, cotton stuffed up his nose, patches stuck over his eyes and cotton in his ears. My heart has burst and there is blood draining out of it. There's a miniture me in the middle and in the top left hand corner is supposed to be in the inside of my skull. It's supposed to be empty. I'm gonna do more research into the real details of a heart and skull but I simply started drawing this around 1 in the morning and I was just going with a feeling. Enjoy :wve:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/BlackGrey/Senseless.jpg

YEAH!!!! This is a real 3D drawing.
Congratulations by this perfect effect :cln::)

FAN_NO_1
02-08-08, 13:31
Its amaizing ;)

Quasimodo
03-08-08, 12:25
Interesting! They remind me a bit of the concept art for AOD. The shading is very well done.

kryptonite23
03-08-08, 13:44
It looks great!! :tmb: :)

Nausinous
04-08-08, 13:45
Cheers everyone!

TR93
04-08-08, 13:55
Nice Work,:tmb:
Me Like it:jmp::