PDA

View Full Version : Unplugged Stuff inside computer

tranniversary119
08-08-08, 20:21
I have a T1842 Windows Xp Home Edition computer and I'm having a bit of trouble here. My brother played with the wires a bit and he might have unplugged the 3 wires HDD Led-PWR LED- PWR S/W. I'm completely unsure where these go and I plugged all the plugs back where "I'm sure they belong". The computer fan turns on when I plug it in but it doesn't really start up much so I'm wondering "Maybe I've not plugged these in right" I don't have the manual sadly it was a computer given to me. If anybody could maybe find a manual that you can download are help me thanks in advance! :hug:

spikejones
08-08-08, 20:25
manufacturer and model number of PSU as well as motherboard please.

also, depending on your PSU, there may be some wires that are not used at all.

tranniversary119
08-08-08, 20:27
Its an Emachines, Stupid me for asking but where do I find the Model# of PSU and the motherboard one.

spikejones
08-08-08, 23:31
Its an Emachines, Stupid me for asking but where do I find the Model# of PSU and the motherboard one.

diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) should get the motherboard info.
PSU info should be listed right on the actual PSU (where the power cord comes in) if it is not listed on the outside of the case, you may have to look inside the case to get it.

EscondeR
09-08-08, 11:44
My brother played with the wires a bit and he might have unplugged the 3 wires HDD Led-PWR LED- PWR S/W.

There is a long batch of pin connectors in your MoBo most likely lower right corner. They have captions below them. Put PWR SW exactly on pins marked as "PWR SW" :)