PDA

View Full Version : Spot the Aussie!!!

mmm...cookies
10-08-08, 07:14
Hey i thought it would be a good idea to see how many Aussies are on here.

So state if you are, how old and sex.

Always interested to see that there are some TR Aussies left.

:D

I am and I'm a 23yo Male

Trent92
10-08-08, 10:14
ME :D ME :D ME :D

16 year old male.

It's sad that there seem to be so few of us on here. :(

nickless
10-08-08, 10:40
but there r a few of u,how about bulgarians-one and only :(

mmm...cookies
10-08-08, 11:06

Yeah, thats a shame:(

Angelx14
10-08-08, 13:38

I believe that you're not the only Bulgarian here. ;)

DREWY
10-08-08, 13:55
I'm an Aussie, and last time I looked, male.

Mad Tony
10-08-08, 15:22
My dad is an Australian citizen. He wasn't born an Australian though. Dunno if that makes me half Australian or something. :p

nickless
10-08-08, 17:48
I believe that you're not the only Bulgarian here. ;)

why,is Bulgaria famous? :D
well i really doubt there will be some here.i just don't get it what's so cool bout counter strike?really.where is the point?

well there was this user Stel4eto.u see 4=ch.so 'cheto' is a tipical nick name ending in Bulgaria :p

Gabi
10-08-08, 18:29
Please, keep on topic. This thread is about Aussies.

nickless
10-08-08, 18:42
Please, keep on topic. This thread is about Aussies.

sorry my bad :o

correct me if i'm mistaking but i think the was a member 'aussie'

Tomb Raider Master
10-08-08, 21:08
There still is. She's our moderator.

Heckler
10-08-08, 21:24
I am nothing near Australian but my accent sounds Aussie....:D

Mad Tony
10-08-08, 21:27
I am nothing near Australian but my accent sounds Aussie....:DI've always found that with South Africans? How come you guys have such similar accents? :confused:

Heckler
10-08-08, 21:35
I've always found that with South Africans? How come you guys have such similar accents? :confused:

I really dont know....But its mostly the English speaking ('souties'...translation: salties:D) South Africans who sound 100% aussie....I remember sounding like a dutchman struggling to speak english when i was still in school (which sounds worse than Russian accents)...but after some communication with the outside world i started to adapt to that lovely flat english accent....:D
Real high class cows on the news sound like brits here though....

mmm...cookies
11-08-08, 01:51
Yeah, cool that theres a few here,

and very cool ones a mod.

Nefertiti_89
11-08-08, 04:57
It's sad that there seem to be so few of us on here. :(

Agreed!

I'm a proud Queenslander born and bred! I think we awesome Queenslanders mostly dominate the Aussies here???

rowanlim
11-08-08, 05:00
It's kinda fun that there's so many of you hehe :D There are only 6 Malaysians that I know of (including myself) :rolleyes:

ivannnnn
11-08-08, 08:29
Is there Australian native here? Aborigin? :p

TombRaiderCool
11-08-08, 09:56

If you are referring to Aussie500, she is one the moderators for the Tomb Raider section of this forum, I don't think she goes on general chat that much though. :)

nickless
11-08-08, 10:18
If you are referring to Aussie500, she is one the moderators for the Tomb Raider section of this forum, I don't think she goes on general chat that much though. :)

same person :) maybe,but since i got a bit carried off topic,taught i'd post something on topic :)

aussie500
27-08-08, 02:12

Was a member?:yik:

No unfortunately l am not the chatty type, but definitely an Aussie and proud of it, female and definitely no spring chicken.

Crayons
27-08-08, 02:17
Was a member?:yik:

No unfortunately l am not the chatty type, but definitely an Aussie and proud of it, female and definitely no spring chicken.

lol...........

Larapink
27-08-08, 02:19
How is the weather there right now in Australia!

I want to go to Australia someday. :D

Admles
27-08-08, 03:00
Australian, born and bred, and proud of it.

Queenslander by birth, but have lived in VIC, TAS, and NSW!

Oh....... and people from South Africa do NOT sound like Australians, I train with 2 people from South Africa, and deal with people from there on a regular basis at work, and if anything they sound more British.

Ikas90
27-08-08, 11:13
Yup, another Australian right here. :wve: I live near Sydney. I'm probably the only Australian that lives in New South Wales. There was one other member, but she's long gone from this forum now.

My dad is an Australian citizen. He wasn't born an Australian though.

How did he get Australian citizenship? :confused: From what I know, getting Australian citizenship is almost impossible. You need like, visas, points, etc... http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/110.gif

MyRaider4Life
27-08-08, 11:17
Me Im an Auzzie from South Australia

Mad Tony
27-08-08, 11:20
How did he get Australian citizenship? :confused: From what I know, getting Australian citizenship is almost impossible. You need like, visas, points, etc... http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/110.gifHe moved out there because the company he was with back here in England offered him a job out there. He moved out there back in November 2001 and he only got his citizenship in the summer of last year.

It can't be as hard as you think, because it's not like my dad was in a really powerful job or anything. He'd just been with the company for a long time.

And the good thing is I could easily get an Australia citizenship now because he's out there. I probably wont, but if I wanted to I could.

DREWY
27-08-08, 13:16
Yeah, cool that theres a few here,

and very cool ones a mod.

Two actually.
one (aussie500) + one (me) = 2 :p

aussie500
28-08-08, 05:44
Yes we might be under represented when it comes to forum members, most likely due to our woeful internet, but at least we have two aussie moderators. Now all we need is a few hundred more aussie fans to sign up, maybe we can increase our influence around the place. :mis:

Just.tim
17-09-08, 12:34
Aussie here

Sydney sider wishing i was a melbournian

Nefertiti_89
17-09-08, 13:05
Ew why would you wish that!

I spose ANYTHING is better than Sydney :p

Nothing beats the Sunshine State though! :ton:

Mad Tony
17-09-08, 13:10
Ew why would you wish that!

I spose ANYTHING is better than Sydney :p

Nothing beats the Sunshine State though! :ton:Sydney is easily the best place to go in Australia. :p I've been there on two separate occasions (first time in 2002 and then 2007) and it was fantastic both times. I've been to Melbourne too. It was ok there, but I much prefer Sydney. I have been to Brisbane before, but that was only for about a day.

New South Wales FTW :)

Ikas90
17-09-08, 13:17
I like Sydney too. I don't see any problem with it. :p It's a beautiful city.

Admles
17-09-08, 13:24
Sydney comes far behind Brisbane, Melbourne, and Hobart in the list of preferred places to live.

It's a place to visit, not to live. :D

DREWY
17-09-08, 13:29
Sydney is easily the best place to go in Australia. :p I've been there on two separate occasions (first time in 2002 and then 2007) and it was fantastic both times. I've been to Melbourne too. It was ok there, but I much prefer Sydney. I have been to Brisbane before, but that was only for about a day.

MT, next time you come down under don't waste your time in Queensland or Sydney. Head over to Perth. MUCH better than the others.

Ikas90
17-09-08, 13:32
Sydney comes far behind Brisbane, Melbourne, and Hobart in the list of preferred places to live.

It's a place to visit, not to live. :D

What about Wollongong? :p That's a good place to live. It's not far from Sydney, and there's hardly any crime compared to most other places. Not to mention the exploration too. The wilderness (not really the right word) is just a field and a creek away from my place. :D

Mad Tony
17-09-08, 13:34
MT, next time you come down under don't waste your time in Queensland or Sydney. Head over to Perth. MUCH better than the others.Doesn't Perth have the highest crime rate in Australia?

Ikas90
17-09-08, 13:37
Doesn't Perth have the highest crime rate in Australia?

Perth has one of the highest crime rates in the world, I was told. Anywhere in the outback on the west side of the continent for that matter. But still, it wouldn't be a bad place to visit.

Admles
17-09-08, 13:40
I think the biggest threat in Perth is the Murderer known as BOREDOM....... you'll die of it there I've been told....

In all seriousness, Western Australia has the lowest crime rates of any Australian state. Sydney would probably have the highest crime rate in all of Australia.

DREWY
17-09-08, 13:45
Sydney has way more crime per capita than Perth. I imagine it has to do with the isolation. Nothing for 1000 km in any direction.....

mizuno_suisei
17-09-08, 14:03
Leave us Perthians alone :p Perth isn't boring at all xD I remember learning that Perth is one of the biggest drug using cities in Australia, for use and importing. So bleh :p And we have many interesting things over here, all our mining areas, Rottnest Island. Bleh and I've never been to any of them :vlol: I don't see why Perth seems to have such a bad reputation, It may be thousands of kilometres away from..*gags* Sydney *gags* :p But I like it. Saki is gonna come over some day and have a Beer with me, when I'm 18 ofcourse :D

Nefertiti_89
17-09-08, 14:39
Sydney is easily the best place to go in Australia. :p I've been there on two separate occasions (first time in 2002 and then 2007) and it was fantastic both times. I've been to Melbourne too. It was ok there, but I much prefer Sydney. I have been to Brisbane before, but that was only for about a day.

:ohn: Oh its oooooon Tony :p

Have you been to the Great Barrier Reef? Surfers Paradise? The Daintree Rainforest? Australia Zoo? These things are ALL in QLD!

And then of course theres the Katherine, Kakadu, Uluru, Wine Glass Bay, Port Arthur, Cradle Mountain, Tasmania and the Northern Territory in general really, Exmouth in Western Australia, Broome, Perth is a beautiful city (just ignore the crack ***** district!), The Great Aussie Bight, Mornington Peninsula, Philip Island, Kangaroo Island, and if your into that kinda thing theres even the Simpson Desert.

My point being, Sydney has NOTHING on the rest of it! If you think Sydneys the nicest place in Australia, you ain't seen NOTHIN yet baby!!!

The best thing about Brisbane, is the road out of it, because it leads to the rest of QLD which is ten times awesomer than Brissy lol!

If you're ever in our great land again, drop me a line, particularly if its in our summer, and I'll show you around! But make sure you've got plenty of time because itll probably take around 3 months! Its great, caravaning around the country with friends for the summer. Nothing beats a great road trip! :D

@ Admles: Have you been to Adelaide yet! Its like church....church.....tree.....church.....church... ..The only way to make that place interesting is to bus around the wineries before you go there! :D

mizuno_suisei
17-09-08, 14:52
LOL There is no crack district here, the WHOLE CITY is a crack world. I don't turn a corner without seeing syringe in arm or tab under tongue. NO i'm kidding. Perth isnt THAT bad :vlol:

Mad Tony
17-09-08, 15:31
:ohn: Oh its oooooon Tony :p

Have you been to the Great Barrier Reef? Surfers Paradise? The Daintree Rainforest? Australia Zoo? These things are ALL in QLD!

And then of course theres the Katherine, Kakadu, Uluru, Wine Glass Bay, Port Arthur, Cradle Mountain, Tasmania and the Northern Territory in general really, Exmouth in Western Australia, Broome, Perth is a beautiful city (just ignore the crack ***** district!), The Great Aussie Bight, Mornington Peninsula, Philip Island, Kangaroo Island, and if your into that kinda thing theres even the Simpson Desert.

My point being, Sydney has NOTHING on the rest of it! If you think Sydneys the nicest place in Australia, you ain't seen NOTHIN yet baby!!!
I've been to Surfers Paradise (stayed there for a week) and I've been to Australia Zoo. Both were good, but they've got nothing on Sydney IMO. Sydney's got absolutely everything. There's so many landmarks and great places to go. :D

Just.tim
17-09-08, 15:33
ick

Sydney is refreshing, there is nothing better than walking down the road to the harbour with a friend, diet coke in hand, Its amazing

beaches, bars, boutiques and bright lights

sydney is great IMO but then again everyone is going to defend where they live

oculi
17-09-08, 15:48
i'm one and proud of it (not that i chose the country i was born in)

living out of my beloved home country now though, everyone here assumes i'm british, do i fukken sound british? guess so.

also i love melbourne and don't like sydney, its K to visit but i sure as hell wouldn't live there, i'll pass on the being busy 24/7 for no good reason thanks, laid back, relaxed and cold is how i prefer my cities!

Nefertiti_89
17-09-08, 22:20
I've been to Surfers Paradise (stayed there for a week) and I've been to Australia Zoo. Both were good, but they've got nothing on Sydney IMO. Sydney's got absolutely everything. There's so many landmarks and great places to go. :D

Lol Surfers is actually pretty craptastic nowadays, I aught to know, I grew up just around the corner. Australia Zoo is not bad, but neither of them show people anything close the real Australia. Theyre not unique. Surfers, is just like a cleaner scaled down LA to me now, full of tourists and druggos lol and Sydney....just reminds me of any busy city, its Australia's answer to San Fransisco, there are landmarks there but when it all boils down to it, its just a bridge, a zoo, and a few strange looking buildings lol.

My point is, you cant find the real Australia in a city, its on an island, in the middle of nowhere, up a mountain and around the bend, or down a croc infested river for 6 hours. Unfortunately most Australians haven't even seen their own country...may explain the grey nomads phenomenum though...

But I'm extending the offer to anyone, come on down and I'll show you the whole box and dice :)

mizuno_suisei
18-09-08, 01:35
I've always really wondered how sydney and perth really compare, in size and population I mean. I only want to go there to spot the differences. The reason I don't like living in Perth, isnt because I hate it, its because Tokyo is so much better :D

I've never gone anywhere else in Australia, only International. I would like to go over east, but I don't know what they think of Perthians, do they think we are aliens? Do they shoot us on sight :P ?

Nefertiti_89
18-09-08, 01:46
I've never gone anywhere else in Australia, only International. I would like to go over east, but I don't know what they think of Perthians, do they think we are aliens? Do they shoot us on sight :P ?

ROFL No.....well at least not in QLD, so long as your not from NSW and its June, your safe!

We East coasters dont really have much of a disdain for West Coasters,.....actually its generally that we would rather burn fellow east coasters at the stake! :D

Admles
18-09-08, 02:19
ROFL No.....well at least not in QLD, so long as your not from NSW and its June, your safe!

We East coasters dont really have much of a disdain for West Coasters,.....actually its generally that we would rather burn fellow east coasters at the stake! :D

That's true.

West Coasters are welcome..... its just Sydneysiders that aren't :D

mizuno_suisei
18-09-08, 04:19
Yay I'm glad Perthians are loved...well, not loved, but just not hated :p My grandma actually asked me if I wanted to go over-east years ago, I said no because I thought it wouldnt really be anything new, just like perth but more buildings and people. Lucky I did decline that offer or I would never have gone to Malaysia :D

Admles, where is Caboolture? I've never heard of it :confused:

Admles
18-09-08, 04:25
North of Brisbane, about 50 mins by train from Central station.

mizuno_suisei
18-09-08, 05:40
Ahh cool :D I've always heard of positive things about QLD, I've never really heard anything positive about NSW though :p I'd say QLD is my first place to go to xD

Evangelina
18-09-08, 07:52
Aussie here!

I live in Adelaide, yes that's right children, we're not just an empty void! :D

mizuno_suisei
18-09-08, 07:57
Bleh. No offence to the other aussie members, but I wish there was more Perthians here. There are only two that I know of (Frostfur52 and Me) xD

Evangelina
18-09-08, 08:03
Bleh. No offence to the other aussie members, but I wish there was more Perthians here. There are only two that I know of (Frostfur52 and Me) xD

At least people acknowledge Perth, Celebrities go there, planes fly directly from there (we have to stop over in Sydney if we want to go out of the country) Adelaide doesn't even get noticed we've even get called inbreeds just like Tasmanian's do :vlol:

mizuno_suisei
18-09-08, 08:34
Are you serious? Adelaide doesnt have any international direct flights? WOW Perth is so awesome with air travel :D South Africa, UAE, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Brunei, Cocos Islands, Mauritius, Singapore, New Zealand... OH the possibilities :D (LOL I'm working in a travel agent at the moment, I know everything :D )

Celebrities...Perth..? If you're talking about Condaleeza Rice, then forget it :vlol: She isnt a celebrity.

Nefertiti_89
18-09-08, 09:06
Celebrities...Perth..? If you're talking about Condaleeza Rice, then forget it :vlol: She isnt a celebrity.

Lol yeah but Heath Ledger was FROM Perth, I cant say I've heard of anyone famous from Adelaide lol

mizuno_suisei
18-09-08, 14:06
OH Oops :vlol: How could I forget about him? haha And that chick from FlightPlan... Gah what is her name.. She was the evil flight attendant Stephanie. Damn I forgot her real name.

Nefertiti_89
18-09-08, 14:30
OH Oops :vlol: How could I forget about him? haha And that chick from FlightPlan... Gah what is her name.. She was the evil flight attendant Stephanie. Damn I forgot her real name.

Melissa George :).....I think :s

mizuno_suisei
18-09-08, 14:43
Kate Beahan :D Thats her :D Shes on the Far right. Oh yes Perth has talent xD http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjEyNzU3NDQ0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTg1NTQ3._V1._ SX485_SY324_.jpg

Nefertiti_89
20-09-08, 14:08
Hey Aussies!

Justin set up a social group for us :)

Please all join :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/group.php?groupid=75

Zebra
20-09-08, 14:16
I've always found that with South Africans? How come you guys have such similar accents? :confused:

I'm not sure but perhaps that is because the British came to South Africa at about the same time they came to Australia!? Could be.

Nefertiti_89
20-09-08, 14:22
I'm not sure but perhaps that is because the British came to South Africa at about the same time they came to Australia!? Could be.

I'd say its definitely not a coincidence!! And Australian Aboriginals originated in Africa, so the indigenous languages would also be quite similar, and when blended with english could also create quite a similar accent.

TR love
05-10-08, 10:04
im aussie!! half and living anyway

13 and a chick.

OMG i think im the youngest on here :eek: