PDA

View Full Version : New Starwars Cloine Wars Movie

mmm...cookies
14-08-08, 03:03
I'm going tonight to see it, whats your thoughts on it?

DOH ^^^CLONE

Encore
14-08-08, 03:07
ahahahahah omg omg ... :vlol: You have no idea how I just LOL'd, literally, at the Cloine Wars... :vlol: Sorry it's just so funny :D:D

mmm...cookies
14-08-08, 03:09
Yes i too have LOL'd, but i cant change that now

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-08-08, 03:09
I haven't seen much on it, but the animation looks fantastic. The artist in me wants to watch the movie primarily for that reason, as I am not fond of Star Wars itself. :p

Endow
14-08-08, 03:18
Who's doing the voice acting? The live action Star Wars cast?

mmm...cookies
14-08-08, 03:21
Most of em yeh

oculi
14-08-08, 03:56
personally i am predicting it will be terrible, lookss like it is made for kids but ill give it a chance anyway.

if you want to watch animated star wars, watch the (drawn looking as opposed to 3d stuff) clone wars, it was excellent!

Encore
14-08-08, 04:01
I am a regular at MovieWeb and I was surprised to see most old-school fans are extremely hateful towards this movie. It's being regarded by most of them as another "childish" approach, made to milk the SW cash cow even further, the easy way.

I admit I'm not very impressed with it because I never liked the cartoon look of Clone Wars. :o But the animation looks cool.

Indiana Croft
14-08-08, 04:28
I'll wait for DVD. Especially since George Lucas can't write **** anymore lol. Although I do like Ventress, the evil sith chick in the movie:p

mmm...cookies
14-08-08, 04:30
I'll post my thoughts in a about 6 hours when i've seen the movie

oocladableeblah
14-08-08, 05:15
I admit I'm not very impressed with it because I never liked the cartoon look of Clone Wars. :o But the animation looks cool.
I have to agree I wasn't very impressed by the look of the movie. I probably wont see this movie it just doesn't interest me I don't even know what it is about.

Dia2blo
14-08-08, 06:37
I'm going to see it on friday with my brother and a friend. I guess its the geek and child in me, but i cant wait!:D Yoda looks awsome, and we don't have to suffer through the awful acting from the prequels, as its all done down to the fine details!! (and thank jeepers for removing hayden christensen!)

Kiss-Bite
14-08-08, 07:04
I think I'll go & see it being a big Star Wars fan!:D Let us Know what you think after seeing it.;)

Angelus
14-08-08, 10:09
I think George Lucas is milking the Star Wars franchise for everything he can get.

Rivendell
14-08-08, 10:38
I'm off on Saturday, I can't wait! :D

Admles
14-08-08, 11:04
I think George Lucas is milking the Star Wars franchise for everything he can get.

And?

Who wouldn't?

Hollywood is about making money, nothing more.

Tomb of Qualopec
14-08-08, 11:09
personally i am predicting it will be terrible, lookss like it is made for kids but ill give it a chance anyway.

if you want to watch animated star wars, watch the (drawn looking as opposed to 3d stuff) clone wars, it was excellent!

So basically Lucas has ****ed up another franchise. ;)

mmm...cookies
15-08-08, 08:42
That's correct TOQ, after seeing this, its too weird for my tastes. LOL

Rivendell
15-08-08, 09:15
Uhh, I guess you mean 'Tastes' and not 'testes'? :eek: :vlol:

Crayons
15-08-08, 09:19
uhh, i guess you mean 'tastes' and not 'testes'? :eek: :vlol:

lmfao rivendell

mmm...cookies
15-08-08, 09:24
................DOH, yeh tastes

Rivendell
15-08-08, 09:29
Have you seen the Clone Wars animated series? They were fantastic fun. :tmb:

vWOThigMr-M

Anakin Vs Assajj was a great one!

5VjVkWkmiHM

thanatos
15-08-08, 09:37
And?

Who wouldn't?

Hollywood is about making money, nothing more.

Normally I'd agree with you, but movie making isn't just about money, for those involved it can be about making a work of art. Lucas hit it big with Star Wars and before it was even released he began thinking about how to milk it to death when he took control of all merchandise rights. He managed to become incredibly rich with the original movies while still creating the most beloved movie trilogy of all time, but he couldn't help himself and decided to stink up the whole thing with the prequels. They are poorly executed and written with the sole purpose of making money by aiming it them purely at children. Now he's gone one step further, not only has he *******ized the childhood wondering we all got when we first heard Ben Kenobi mention the Clone Wars by farming the series out to cartoon Network, now he has seen the potential profit in releasing a cartoon series pilot into cinemas, knowing his fans will pay for any old crap by this stage. You know how Nintendo have now abandoned their life long fans because they have a whole new audience they can sell easy, cheap to manufacture crap for? They obviously saw how Lucas managed it in 1999.

Shark_Blade
15-08-08, 10:43
Yes, it's pure crap and a waste of time. :)

Angelus
15-08-08, 11:11
Normally I'd agree with you, but movie making isn't just about money, for those involved it can be about making a work of art. Lucas hit it big with Star Wars and before it was even released he began thinking about how to milk it to death when he took control of all merchandise rights. He managed to become incredibly rich with the original movies while still creating the most beloved movie trilogy of all time, but he couldn't help himself and decided to stink up the whole thing with the prequels. They are poorly executed and written with the sole purpose of making money by aiming it them purely at children. Now he's gone one step further, not only has he *******ized the childhood wondering we all got when we first heard Ben Kenobi mention the Clone Wars by farming the series out to cartoon Network, now he has seen the potential profit in releasing a cartoon series pilot into cinemas, knowing his fans will pay for any old crap by this stage. You know how Nintendo have now abandoned their life long fans because they have a whole new audience they can sell easy, cheap to manufacture crap for? They obviously saw how Lucas managed it in 1999.

:tmb:

Lara Croft Fan Joe
15-08-08, 11:16
Cash cow much?

Titanium
15-08-08, 12:03
http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/clone_wars

Reviews and possible spoilers, within.

Nannonxyay
15-08-08, 14:19
My dad is a massive Star Wars fan and he went to see it and absoloutely loved it. :tmb: So I think, it should be good coming from him. :p

Angelus
15-08-08, 14:25
My dad is a massive Star Wars fan and he went to see it and absoloutely loved it. :tmb: So I think, it should be good coming from him. :p

:ton:

petujaymz
15-08-08, 14:27
Prob gonna go 'n' watch it tomorrow.

Jabba's son? Kidnapped?

Suppose it makes the story easy for the kiddies to understand.

:wve: