PDA

View Full Version : Help with Wreless Network!

SpArKy
31-05-04, 15:37
Hi i have a laptop and a Wireless LAN PC Card, but am lost to what i need next, i have broadband and like to play my PS2 online as well, so what is it i need, is it a router, any hellp appreciated, or a link to a cheap item, as i am a STUDENT! Money is tight, lmao! VERY!

Thanks for your time SpArKy!

Duffman
01-06-04, 13:42
wireless networking isnt cheap yet - or not in my parts.

you need a dual wireless/ethernet router and that should be it mate. configure it and away you go.

I havent invested in wireless yet - its not at its best and buggy from tests ive watched. I still go with my 8 port hub for my PC, laptop, PS2 and the other kids PC + broadband cable. its faster and more secure than wireless.

sorry i cant provide any prices n such - if you do find information - i would be interested to hear your results...

anyone out there running wireless LAN?... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

SpArKy
01-06-04, 13:46
Ok thanks Duffman, yes i understand what your saying. You need something reliable etc, espeacial with kids using the same network. As for me its just myself and my little lappy, and i enjoy to plan the summer in the garden whilst surfing the net.

Al be sure to post my findings.....if any, lol.

Duffman
02-06-04, 11:31
dont get me wrong - whenever at a computer swapmeet or when i see the chance to hav a talk to a person selling wireless peripherals i take the chance to see whats happening. I just havent seen enough evidenace to invest - although it will be good when i do (way too many cables running around my room/house.. lol...)

SpArKy
02-06-04, 11:38
I can imagine, i only use one laptop, and i am sick to death of the leads already.