PDA

View Full Version : Robot with a rat brain

Lara's home
14-08-08, 22:45
I find it both disgusting and fascinating at the same time. :p
1-0eZytv6Qk

xXhayleyroxXx
14-08-08, 22:48
did they kill a rat to getits brain for that robot!?

takamotosan
14-08-08, 22:48
amazing.

maybe one day there will be robots with real intelligence, and not just AI

Bumio
14-08-08, 22:49
soon it will be "robot with human brains" :pi:

interesting video :)

Lara's home
14-08-08, 22:50
did they kill a rat to getits brain for that robot!?

I would think so. It's not unusual for scientists to kill and torture animals.
But then again, I doubt it could have been dead for too long (if it was killed) since I doubt braincells would work if the brain has been "dead" for a certain amount of time.

oocladableeblah
14-08-08, 22:51
uh oh robots are gonna start, get ready for a world rules by robots :p seriously that is very interesting.

Candee Sparks
14-08-08, 22:52
Call PETA.

Shrantellatessa
14-08-08, 22:54
I find it both disgusting and fascinating at the same time. :p

...and freaky too http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/user/Mauridia_42.gif

Thanks for sharing :)

xXhayleyroxXx
14-08-08, 22:55
But then again, I doubt it could have been dead for too long (if it was killed) since I doubt braincells would work if the brain has been "dead" for a certain amount of time.

thats disgusting :(
it is interesting but rats are one of my favourite animals, and they dont have a very nice life before they get kills which upsets me
i like science but this is the part i hate
im sure this could be done with technology instead

and hehe yeah peta email me :P

thanks for showing this though
xxxx

Geck-o-Lizard
14-08-08, 23:03

Did you actually watch the video? They grew brain cells in a lab. Test tubes and syringes and no actual brains being sliced apart.

Lara's home
14-08-08, 23:12
Did you actually watch the video? They grew brain cells in a lab. Test tubes and syringes and no actual brains being sliced apart.
Gah. Must have missed that part, so sorry.
But in my defense, I have hardly slept today/yesturday and it was pretty hard understanding what that fellow said sometimes. :p
But, since you obviously know more about this then I do; Wouldn't the first cells come from a actual rat? I mean, brain cells does not just come on their own. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
14-08-08, 23:18
Gah. Must have missed that part, so sorry.
But in my defense, I have hardly slept today/yesturday and it was pretty hard understanding what that fellow said sometimes. :p
But, since you obviously know more about this then I do; Wouldn't the first cells come from a actual rat? I mean, brain cells does not just come on their own. :p

yeah i would have thought that, and if now then they've obviously tortured a lot of rats to make it work or find the process

Explorer
14-08-08, 23:23
Thanks for posting that :)

Here (http://www.reading.ac.uk/about/newsandevents/releases/PR16530.asp) is a bit more info

ben croft
14-08-08, 23:29
WTF :eek:

Aphrodite22
14-08-08, 23:32
uh oh robots are gonna start, get ready for a world rules by robots :p seriously that is very interesting.

the world will be soon ruled by terminators :yik::yik:

u know what.. in the future we'll prolly be ruled by robots.. or if not dinosaurs are gonna eat us

siouxsiecrux
15-08-08, 00:47
The question is not whether robots will be created that can think for themselves, upgrade themselves etc... but if in-fact we are just biological robots.

Kiss-Bite
15-08-08, 00:50
How fascinating!:)

EmeraldFields
15-08-08, 00:54
This is beginning to push some boundaries! Next time it might be a human brain!

siouxsiecrux
15-08-08, 00:59
This is beginning to push some boundaries! Next time it might be a human brain!

This is a very high possibility, although it will take a very long time. Technological science, Cognitive science and robotic science will soon be able to produce small mammals within machines (simulations that is) then higher mammals and then perhaps apes (Including Homo Sapiens)

dizzydoil
15-08-08, 01:00
That's horrid, sick, and numerous other insults. (Not really.. it's cute how cells grow, obviously) :p

Yet, it's WICKED! I can't wait for consoles to have brains, or like even emotions!! That would rock, x-D We could all gather to watch emotions fight, and we could bet etc..

Yeah, that is what the world is coming to. :p

:pi:

Benguitar
15-08-08, 01:33
soon it will be "robot with human brains" :pi:

interesting video :)

And then something happens like the movie iRobot..

(my guess)

siouxsiecrux
15-08-08, 01:39
And then something happens like the movie iRobot..

(my guess)

I,Robot was a short story written by Isaac Asimov.
Published around the 1940's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot

Benguitar
15-08-08, 02:48
I,Robot was a short story written by Isaac Asimov.
Published around the 1940's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot

I meant this.

http://www.durrans.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/irobot-cover.jpg

:wve:

Mr.Burns
15-08-08, 02:58
Resistance is futile.