PDA

View Full Version : Wave File (*.wav)

The1andOnlyTR
15-08-08, 17:52
Can anyone help me?? I need to convert an audio file into a Wave File (*.wav)!!! I need it to use an audio clip for one of my PC sounds!!! PLEASE HELP!!

spikejones
15-08-08, 17:53
its always useful to tell us what the starting format is in order to recommend a useful application for converting it.

EscondeR
15-08-08, 17:55
Sound Forge will convert between most formats.
Or use WinAmp Disk Writer plug-in :) (for free)

spikejones
15-08-08, 18:00
on that note eskie.. got any good suggestion for linux based audio conversion from WMA to MP3 and Vice Versa?

tis a pain that the verizon phones (older firmwares like mine) only support wma files on the media player - and do not support wma for the ringtones. Odd bunch they are.

audacity wont read wma as it is proprietary format - although it should be possible to convert it since other players have a decoder to play them. There must be an application that can decode wma and use lame to encode. Ive tried a script at linux forums, but when I open the file in audacity to try and edit it, i get nothing but buzzing. I think audacity may be broken though. TransKode wont decode wma either.

The1andOnlyTR
15-08-08, 18:02
Thanks!! Im downloading an MP3converter that can convert audio into a wave file!!! Now all I need is the audio clip from the new gameplay trailer starting at 1:55 and ending at 2:00!! Can someone help me there!?!?

EscondeR
15-08-08, 18:27
on that note eskie.. got any good suggestion for linux based audio conversion from WMA to MP3 and Vice Versa?

I'll look into that :)

spikejones
15-08-08, 18:51
Thanks!! Im downloading an MP3converter that can convert audio into a wave file!!! Now all I need is the audio clip from the new gameplay trailer starting at 1:55 and ending at 2:00!! Can someone help me there!?!?

if that is the case - AviDemux (http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/)
cut out the parts that you dont need - select wavPCM from the audio drop down list
go to the audio menu -> save audio
name it whatever.wav

your all set - no need to use other audio converter apps

TRfan23
15-08-08, 19:08
mmmm you could use that Madplay, and StartMe you can get that is used for TRLE. I suppose?

The1andOnlyTR
15-08-08, 19:31
I dont have the video to rip the audio from... does anyone wanna be my best friend and rip the audio from 1:55 - 2:00, convert it into a wave file and upload it?? I would appreciate it soooooo much!!!!

spikejones
15-08-08, 21:42
Do you mind if i ask you why you asked us how to do it, and then do not go through the process of doing it? - specifically downloading the video itself?

The1andOnlyTR
15-08-08, 22:07
Do you mind if i ask you why you asked us how to do it, and then do not go through the process of doing it? - specifically downloading the video itself?

I guess Im a little confused. I have it all figured out now. Someone posted the audio clip I needed. Now Im downloading a converter. All I needed to know really was how to make an MP3 file into a Wave file. I know now... so... Thanks!

spikejones
15-08-08, 22:11
Did you even read this post here?

if that is the case - AviDemux (http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/)
cut out the parts that you dont need - select wavPCM from the audio drop down list
go to the audio menu -> save audio
name it whatever.wav

your all set - no need to use other audio converter apps

simply put:
1. you download the video
2. open it in AviDemux
3. and follow the directions mentioned

The1andOnlyTR
15-08-08, 22:23
Did you even read this post here?

simply put:
1. you download the video
2. open it in AviDemux
3. and follow the directions mentioned

Yes I read the post. I just didnt understand how to use the thing... lol. It fine now. This thread is closeable. Thanks for your help!