PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - UK "3 Disc Seriously Ultimate Edition"

TombRaiderLover
15-08-08, 18:52
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Sv5gbnHhL._SS500_.jpg

Release date: 03 November 2008

The original 1974 film that redefined horror tells the story of a group of friends who take a road trip and find themselves at the mercy of a depraved Texas clan, among them one of the icons of horror, the chain saw wielding ‘Leatherface’. To this day The Texas Chain Saw Massacre remains one of the most terrifying and disturbing films ever made.

DISC ONE
- High Definition transfer from the 16mm camera originals
- 5.1 English and 2.0 Stereo Surround Soundtracks
- Digitally Remastered Original Mono Soundtrack
- Feature-length commentary with actors Marilyn Burns,
Paul A. Partain, Allen Danziger, and art director Robert A. Burns
- Feature-length commentary with director Tobe Hooper,
cinematographer Daniel Pearl and actor Gunnar Hansen

DISC TWO
- “Off The Hook” – an interview with Teri McMinn
- Interview with production manager Ron Bozman
- “The Shocking Truth” documentary
- A tour of the TCSM house with Gunnar Hansen
- “The Shocking Truth” Outtakes

DISC THREE
- “Flesh Wounds” documentary
- Interview with director Tobe Hooper
- Interview with writer Kim Henkel
- Deleted Scenes, Alternative Footage and Outtakes
- Trailers, TV and Radio Spots
- Stills, Posters and Lobby Cards Gallery

Source: http://www.dvduell.de/artikel/neue-dvds-von-second-sight/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never could buy the Dark Sky Region 1 "Ultimate Edition," so this is a definite buy for me. ;)

interstellardave
15-08-08, 18:57
How can it be High Definition when it shows a DVD logo? This would have to be on Blu Ray, if it's High Def. Maybe this isn't the final box art...

Noodleboy
15-08-08, 19:10
The original 1974 film that redefined horror tells the story of a group of friends who take a road trip and find themselves at the mercy of a depraved Texas clan, among them one of the icons of horror, the chain saw wielding ‘Leatherface’. To this day The Texas Chain Saw Massacre remains one of the most terrifying and disturbing films ever made.

lol, I didn't think this movie was THAT scary :p

TombRaiderLover
15-08-08, 19:13
How can it be High Definition when it shows a DVD logo? This would have to be on Blu Ray, if it's High Def. Maybe this isn't the final box art...

I don't think it's genuinely High-Def (it's only a DVD), but it's been extensively restored and remastered, and it's the best the film has ever looked.

Noodleboy - I personally don't find it the least bit scary either, but then again, I don't really find any film scary (except maybe The Exorcist - those subliminal flashes make me jump!) However, I think The Texas Chain Saw Massacre has a quality that's difficult to find in horror. It's exhausting, although in a good way. The film is so fast-paced and relentless, and the last half hour so intense that when it's ended, you're left feeling numb and breathless. And I love it. :tmb: