PDA

View Full Version : Most unsetting films you've ever seen?

TombRaiderLover
16-08-08, 22:23
For me, it would have to be:

Scum The 1979 version doesn't disturb me now, but when I first saw the greenhouse scene I was in utter shock, as I'd never seen anything like it before.

Boys Don't Cry Hilary Swank delivered a wonderful performance, and to see her character tortured and humiliated was definitely unsettling.

Last House on the Left Even more than 30 years after it was released, it still has the power to shock, at least in my opinion. The two girls were innocent, likeable characters (until most movie victims today), and the murder scenes were shot in a gritty, almost documentary-like manner.

;)

Punaxe
16-08-08, 22:26
An Inconvenient Truth.... Horror movies and all that stuff doesn't bother me :p

Rivendell
16-08-08, 22:26
Requiem for a Dream .. Just urgh. The last five minutes, especially.

Irreversible .. Horrendous film. It was shown to me as part of a lecture last year, and I actually walked out of it because I couldn't take it.

TombRaiderLover
16-08-08, 22:30

Recently I've been very interested in censorship, video nasties and, in general, controversial films, and I was reading a unique "Top 10 scariest films" list today, which listed RFAD at the top of the list. I'm very curious to see it. ;)

oocladableeblah
16-08-08, 22:31
Saw that is pretty digusting and just disturbing.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre was disturbing also.
Mirrors had a couple unsettling moments.

Rivendell
16-08-08, 22:36
I'm very curious to see it. ;)

When you do see it, watch it alone, and for god's sake don't let your parents walk in during the last 5 minutes like I had to suffer.

BtoFu
16-08-08, 22:40
I hate Requiem...it's more nauseating than anything else.

Off the top of my head..

King of the Hill
Ex-Drummer
Gummo
Strange Circus
Singapore Sling
Genesis/Aftermath
Ido
A Hole In My Heart

marla_singer
16-08-08, 22:43
When you do see it, watch it alone, and for god's sake don't let your parents walk in during the last 5 minutes like I had to suffer.

:vlol:

Try watching Irreversible with your mother! What an uncomfortable experience that was!

I definately agree with Rivendell on Requiem for a Dream and Irreversible, though RFAD is definately worth a watch. Irreversible, in my opinion, is for those with iron constitutions, it's highly disturbing.

I personally find Caligula quite unsettling aswell but that could just be me :p

oocladableeblah
16-08-08, 22:46
A Rob Zombie film is another one you should not watch with parents omg talk about uncomfortable. Never again will I watch a Rob Zombie movie.

Paul H
16-08-08, 22:47
Witchfinder General. I usually like Vincent Price movies but the character he played in that film (Matthew Hopkins) was particulaly evil.

BtoFu
16-08-08, 22:47
A Rob Zombie film is another one you should not watch with parents omg talk about uncomfortable. Never again will I watch a Rob Zombie movie.

RZ's only plagiarizing better movies though lol.

marla_biggs
16-08-08, 22:50
probably hostel

i just thought it was really strange :S

Encore
16-08-08, 23:03
I agree to Requiem for a Dream. The ending was disgusting (it's the best word I can find to describe it). It's a good movie, I totally recognize that, but I don't wanna watch it again... ever.

Trainspotting too. I only saw it once many many years ago (so, I was much younger) and I never wanted to see it again so I might be just having a prejudice against it, perhaps if I saw it now I wouldn't be so impressed. But still, it definately "traumatized" me at the time.

Kairo - the japanese movie that inspired the terrible remake Pulse - left me depressed for a couple of nights. It's scary and incredibly sad at the same time, it feels lonely and dark and moody the entire duration of the film. It left me wondering about my own loneliness.. :(

Redacted also left me extremely depressed. The movie is shocking and because it's filmed with hand cameras it feels raw and even more disturbing. The photo slideshow in the end really got to me, I couldn't stop crying for a couple of minutes (yes I'm that sensitive).

I was very impressed with In The Name of the Father when I first saw it because I couldn't help but think countless times about how would it feel to be tortured and placed under arrest for something you didn't do.

Jamie18
16-08-08, 23:28
High School Musical.

takamotosan
16-08-08, 23:31
The Exorcist

(i'm surprised no one else has said this one)

marla_singer
16-08-08, 23:34
I agree to Requiem for a Dream. The ending was disgusting (it's the best word I can find to describe it). It's a good movie, I totally recognize that, but I don't wanna watch it again... ever.

Trainspotting too. I only saw it once many many years ago (so, I was much younger) and I never wanted to see it again so I might be just having a prejudice against it, perhaps if I saw it now I wouldn't be so impressed. But still, it definately "traumatized" me at the time.

Kairo - the japanese movie that inspired the terrible remake Pulse - left me depressed for a couple of nights. It's scary and incredibly sad at the same time, it feels lonely and dark and moody the entire duration of the film. It left me wondering about my own loneliness.. :(

Redacted also left me extremely depressed. The movie is shocking and because it's filmed with hand cameras it feels raw and even more disturbing. The photo slideshow in the end really got to me, I couldn't stop crying for a couple of minutes (yes I'm that sensitive).

I was very impressed with In The Name of the Father when I first saw it because I couldn't help but think countless times about how would it feel to be tortured and placed under arrest for something you didn't do.

What's Redacted? I've heard some good things about it but not enough to know if it's a "watchable" film.

High School Musical :vlol:

I've never found The Exorcist any more unsettling/disturbing than usual horrors, though I can see why it was so feared :p

Encore
16-08-08, 23:34
The Exorcist

(i'm surprised no one else has said this one)

To me "unsettling" isn't just about "scary". :D So I mentioned movies that actually disturbed me.

@ Marla - Redacted is a movie about some soldiers who raped an iraqi girl. It was directed by Brian de Palma. It's got some similarities to his movie Casualties of War but it's mostly filmed like amateur footage alternating with news footage which gives it a "reality tv" disturbing feel.

tranniversary119
16-08-08, 23:35

I totally agree with you here!! I went to see Halloween I was so embarassed! :o

takamotosan
16-08-08, 23:41
To me "unsettling" isn't just about "scary". :D So I mentioned movies that actually disturbed me.

@ Marla - Redacted is a movie about some soldiers who raped an iraqi girl. It was directed by Brian de Palma. It's got some similarities to his movie Casualties of War but it's mostly filmed like amateur footage alternating with news footage which gives it a "reality tv" disturbing feel.

yeah. true enough.

oh mah gawd. i would find that disturbing as well.

and also i thought the end of the mist was really disturbing. the fact that he shoots everyone in the car, and then the army comes to the rescue right after. it shook me up BAD.

God Horus
16-08-08, 23:47
I can watch scary movies, and I usually don't have a problem with them, but one time a few years ago I saw this really disturbing movie with this kid getting his arm chopped off...

just croft
16-08-08, 23:53

OMG my father told me of haveing seen this. I'm not easly impressed, I've even watched some of the footage in the film more than once easly. But hearing about the way it is put up on that film, I'm scrared of watching it... I want to... but I'm scared.

I've seen pluse and like all american-japanese remaked it wasn't scary at all. But it was still very good.
Anyway this thread is just perfect! I'm even makeing up my own list of to-watch films :D too bad I can't remeber of any movie to put here at this late time... oh well maybe it will come to me tomorow.

Mona Sax
17-08-08, 00:05
The Virgin Suicides. I couldn't really say why, but that deeply resonated within me, touched me emotionally in a way no movie or other work of art ever has. I don't think I've ever been that depressed. It's the only movie I love I've only watched once. I don't think I ever will again - I'd like to, but I'm too afraid of what it might do to me.

Mad Tony
17-08-08, 00:09
I found United 93 pretty disturbing. It's not scary or anything, but it's just so intense. It's a really powerful film. By the time it ended I was shaking.

stranger1992
17-08-08, 00:09
Wow such horrrific moves i've never heard of.

Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind. This film disturbed me simply as the whole scale and timing that was used. What if we could erase our memories of something? What if we tried to get these memories back? Creepy stuff

remote91
17-08-08, 00:35
Scum- The ending just tore me up with the boy in his room

Requiem for a Dream- I love this film to pieces, probably because it never fails to scare me

Hostel - Now Let me explain, it's a bit of a crappy film but when I watched it I had a virus and throughout the whole of the film I was sweating and squirming and ended up throwing up at one point (when nothing gorey was happening). So whenever I watch it that feeling always seems to return.

28 Days Later- Simply for the fact it is set in England.

Encore
17-08-08, 00:36
Hostel - Now Let me explain, it's a bit of a crappy film but when I watched it I had a virus and throughout the whole of the film I was sweating and squirming and ended up throwing up at one point (when nothing gorey was happening). So whenever I watch it that feeling always seems to return.

Oh my... That was a BAD idea!! :eek:

ILLEGALL
17-08-08, 05:36
I Am legend

though a very good film second time round
i could not watch it properly first time round, i had to turn it off
the relationship he had with his dog is a main part of the first chunk of the film
and when it dies, i was not expecting it to be such an upsetting thing
now i sound silly having read what i just wrote lol

Feather Duster
17-08-08, 05:59
Well, and you can make fun of me, but I don't watch horror movies. Just horror shows.

But War of the Worlds was quite, weird. Imagine blood veins all over your truck, walls, giant Tri-Pods peeing and crapping blood. Yeah....

Scariest Places on Earth ( I know not a movie, but I was quit disturbed )

Try watching the episode, at age 11, where these two girls killer hid in their closet, and killed them. :cen::cen:

rowanlim
17-08-08, 08:07
I didn't see many but these are a few I could recall:
Heaven & Earth: It was poignant, I was young & disturbed when I saw the soldiers raping the female character, I was so sad & terrified.
The Joy Luck Club: watching how 1 woman was seduced & cheated by the man she thought she loved, killing her child in that depression really affected me.

Admles
17-08-08, 08:11
Both of the Hills Have Eyes remakes, because the rape scenes turned my stomach. They were so unnecessary, and I couldn't sleep after seeing them.

Irreversible was also bad, first because of the rape scene and second because of the guys heading being beaten to a pulp with a fire extinguisher.

Muhammad
17-08-08, 08:22
The Bee movie

Survival
17-08-08, 08:45
Any Pixar movie... just the fact someone can enjoy them gives me nightmares :eek:

Bumio
17-08-08, 08:48
10000 BC

i even get angry when someone mentions that they where good movies :vlol:

Lara Croft!
17-08-08, 11:20

Irreversible .. Horrendous film. It was shown to me as part of a lecture last year, and I actually walked out of it because I couldn't take it.

Yuck! I agree!

Muhammad
17-08-08, 11:55
Any Pixar movie... just the fact someone can enjoy them gives me nightmares :eek:

This exactly why I found the Bee movie unsettling all them bright colors! It was a nightmare I tell you.
Yeah I know the Bee movie wasn't made by Pixar, but it looked like it could have been.

dcw123
17-08-08, 12:05
Probably Hard Candy...
Heres a bit about the story...creepy:o
Its about a 14 year old girl and a 32 year old phototographer who meet up from an online chat room, however, the girl, Hayley isn't all she first appears;)
After discovering he is a pedofile and possibally killed someone, she tortures him and eventually kills him in the end - just goes to show you never to trust people you dont know:p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Candy_(film)
http://i38.************/mlqr1e.jpg

Its defenately made me more aware of using MSN and stuff..lol

Kerrigan
17-08-08, 19:12
The Virgin Suicides. I couldn't really say why, but that deeply resonated within me, touched me emotionally in a way no movie or other work of art ever has. I don't think I've ever been that depressed. It's the only movie I love I've only watched once. I don't think I ever will again - I'd like to, but I'm too afraid of what it might do to me.

I was very touched by that film as well, and I had a very eerie feeling by the time I first got to the end of it.The story was no surprise for me, as the book was the reason I got interested to see it, but I thought the film was better than the book, which caused me an intense nauseating sensation.Maybe that was it's point though.
I did watch the movie again, but the emotional effect wasn't the same.Yet I wouldn't have done it if was like the book, it made me feel as if I was suffocating.

I can't really think of a movie that affected me so much in a deeply negative way.But I'm sure I wouldn't watch The Skeleton Key or Love me if you dare again.They weren't that unsettting they definitely weren't good films either, just terribly boring and they left me with an unpleasant sensation after seeing them as if they were shoven down my throat.

McGloomy
17-08-08, 19:14
"The Ring" and "The Grudge" really freaked me out when I saw them for the first time. When it comes to "unsettling" I'd have to say "Suicide Circle". I saw this movie a few weeks ago and it left me with a very hollow feeling inside. "The Orphanage" is also one of the few horror movies that really surprised me when I saw it and it also was deeply unsettling.

Paperdoll
17-08-08, 19:21
Guinea Pig 2; Flower of Flesh and Blood

It's horribly obvious that it's fake (rubber limbs, anyone? :D) but it disturbed me... ack quite a bit. Just the general idea. Doesn't help that I got some interest in snuff films (NOT LIKE THAT. More like the interest I have in ye old witchcraft, withchunts, Bathory, etc.).

And Dark Water (original, japanese) made me weep a bit at the end :(

Mmmmyeah other than that... I find if very hard to be disturbed by a movie. It's usually a challenge really XD

touchthesky
17-08-08, 19:24
American History X.

Ugh.

Voni
17-08-08, 19:38

I have to agree there, that film and Girl, Interrupted really bothered me. They're both amazing movies, but they make me feel so uncomfortable watching them.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with you, touchthesky. We're thinking of the opening scene, right? Ugh, the noise!

Drone
17-08-08, 19:46
Tarzan
Odyssey
Rambo
The Punisher
Lionheart

:wve:

Kiwi..
17-08-08, 19:52
American History X.

Ugh.

I've just seen that in school, and we are asked to write about Derek.

I think it's a great movie, it makes you wonder. (:

Personally, I think the Saw-movies a disgusting.. And yet, I've seen allmost all of them. :b

digitizedboy
17-08-08, 20:02
For me, it would have to be:

Scum The 1979 version doesn't disturb me now, but when I first saw the greenhouse scene I was in utter shock, as I'd never seen anything like it before.

Blimey! most definately for me too. Especially that scene of the suicide. That really shocked me at first viewing.

Another one for me too would have to be a movie called "Savior". The massacre scene by the river at the end of the movie was really disturbing. It's one of the few movies in recent years that actually made me cry.

Atlantisfreak666
17-08-08, 21:31
I Spit On Your Grave - It's disgusting. Especially the 'Bathtub' scene.

Cabin Fever - The 'leg shaving' scene was horrible.

I can't think of any more really. I enjoy a good scare.

ladykillercroft
17-08-08, 21:35
the terminator, man the film creeped the hell out of me, spesh the scene with the terminator dragging its half body across the metal press to get sarah connor, o_0 seriously unsettling.

violentblossom
17-08-08, 21:43

i LOVE Requiem for a Dream, tbh. It's very powerful.

i'd hafta say A Clockwork Orange, too, and The Passion of the Christ.

just croft
17-08-08, 21:57
i LOVE Requiem for a Dream, tbh. It's very powerful.

i'd hafta say A Clockwork Orange, too, and The Passion of the Christ.

Omg that film is so bad that it is in the list of "code names you use to speak about things so bad, boring, to bang your face agains the wall and cut your wrists" with my cousin and my brother.

For goodness sake, to spend 2h in front of the TV watching a guy getting beatten up!? Nuhn-an that movie isn't a good representation of the story.

Little-Lara
17-08-08, 21:57
"Unsettling" :o :) .....and yeah:

-Omen

and unsettling when watched with parents, some of the episodes of:

-Friends. :cln:

AmericanAssassin
17-08-08, 22:01
The UNRATED version of Rob Zombie's Halloween is rather unsettling. Some insane woman gets raped by a janitor's friend. Very unnecessary. :rolleyes:

McGloomy
17-08-08, 22:01
And Dark Water (original, japanese) made me weep a bit at the end :(
That movie was so powerful... I can't understand why the remake was so well received. The actors were outstanding, but they screwed up the final scenes in my opinion. When the mother disappears in the elevator I had goosebumps.

violentblossom
17-08-08, 22:02
Omg that film is so bad that it is in the list of "code names you use to speak about things so bad, boring, to bang your face agains the wall and cut your wrists" with my cousin and my brother.

For goodness sake, to spend 2h in front of the TV watching a guy getting beatten up!? Nuhn-an that movie isn't a good representation of the story.

Well, that's fine, you have your opinion. In mine, watching someone get the everloving crap beat out of them for no apparent reason is disturbing/unsettling. It has nothing to do with it being Jesus, as i am not religious. How do YOU consider blood, and gore and violence boring, exactly?

just croft
17-08-08, 22:04
Well, that's fine, you have your opinion. In mine, watching someone get the everloving crap beat out of them for no apparent reason is disturbing/unsettling. It has nothing to do with it being Jesus, as i am not religious. How do YOU consider blood, and gore and violence boring, exactly?

I'd show you, but words can't explain it and I'm not alowed to post such videos here. In other words... I'm only unsetteled but reallife events.

violentblossom
17-08-08, 22:11
I'd show you, but words can't explain it and I'm not alowed to post such videos here. In other words... I'm only unsetteled but reallife events.

even still.

i don't understand how you simply can't be shaken by so brutal a depiction. Yes, it is a depiction, but Hollywood's full of talented people.. its not like theyre working with peach colored clay.

just croft
17-08-08, 22:23
even still.

i don't understand how you simply can't be shaken by so brutal a depiction. Yes, it is a depiction, but Hollywood's full of talented people.. its not like theyre working with peach colored clay.

oh,belive me I know more about the business than anyone could think just by looking at me. But I find that movie to have nothing so.... it's more complicated than that... the movie it brutal no doubt, but it's brutally bad rather than brutally unsetting. It's just like any pure action movie, there are so many movies out there with brutal fight scenes or torture scenes that in the end aren't unsetting at all, just like The passion of the Christ, and in the end they are better movies than it.

violentblossom
17-08-08, 22:30
oh,belive me I know more about the business than anyone could think just by looking at me. But I find that movie to have nothing so.... it's more complicated than that... the movie it brutal no doubt, but it's brutally bad rather than brutally unsetting. It's just like any pure action movie, there are so many movies out there with brutal fight scenes or torture scenes that in the end aren't unsetting at all, just like The passion of the Christ, and in the end they are better movies than it.

Well, yes, there are better movies out there, this one has never been a favorite of my own.

But it is NOT just an action movie, you cannot throw The Passion into the same pile as, say, a James Bond flick, or Terminator. Shooting "Nameless Extra #3" in the face does not by any means, equal out to "Let's beat the heck out of innocent Jesus with metal torture instruments."

just croft
17-08-08, 22:34
Well, yes, there are better movies out there, this one has never been a favorite of my own.

But it is NOT just an action movie, you cannot throw The Passion into the same pile as, say, a James Bond flick, or Terminator. Shooting "Nameless Extra #3" in the face does not by any means, equal out to "Let's beat the heck out of innocent Jesus with metal torture instruments."

Yes of course, I was only makeing a comparision with other movies that are also brutaly violent but not unsetting.

For me The Passion of the Christ has been the worst and most boring piece of acting about Christianity (even any religion in the world) since Jesus Christ Superstar, and not even Da Vinci got to surpass it. Mel Gibson just doesn't fit into directing.

violentblossom
17-08-08, 22:44
Yes of course, I was only makeing a comparision with other movies that are also brutaly violent but not unsetting.

For me The Passion of the Christ has been the worst and most boring piece of acting about Christianity (even any religion in the world) since Jesus Christ Superstar, and not even Da Vinci got to surpass it. Mel Gibson just doesn't fit into directing.

that makes sense, lol, sorry, i guess i didn't see what you were saying.

i understand your view, i just didn't know how you could watch that stuff without wincing. lol. but, i'm a girl, and therefore, i can get emotionally invested in things easily.. i've never watched another film so remotely religious as this one, let alone about Jesus and/or his crucification, and therefore, i had nothing to compare it to, nothing to pull me out of the film and make me think, "Wait a minute! That's not what happened!". i saw the movie at face value.

I did however, like Mel Gibson's Apocalypto.

Angelus
18-08-08, 16:22
Wolf Creek.

I still can't watch it again.

TR93
18-08-08, 17:33
It's strange-When I see a horror film during the day-it's not so bad,
but watch the same film later at night, then I get scared,
I think for me 28 days Later was like that,
But it's not as scary when I watch it again;)

marla_singer
18-08-08, 17:44
Wolf Creek.

I still can't watch it again.

Oh jeez I forgot this one.

The "head on a stick" scene and of course, when the bloke was nailed to a "crucifix", absolutely awful.

jackles
18-08-08, 17:46
Freaks: a very odd and uncanny film

Midnight Express: for some reason this upset me deeply...rather embarrassing as I was watching it in a bar in spain. I had to go out of the room.

I have always been too scared to see The Exorcist so I was gobsmacked when my son announced he had watched it one night on his own after I had gone to bed..'and it wasn't that scary' so I guess it depends on your perception.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
18-08-08, 17:49
The Cell. Well, ok, it was really creepy, but I still enjoyed it. I think really disgusting movies that show scenes of rape and violent torture and whatnot are ridiculous because they defy the whole point of a movie (IMO), which is to enjoy the experience.

disneyprincess20
18-08-08, 17:51

I thought these were excellent films. Very powerful and really "moved" me. I can't say I enjoyed them the way I enjoy other films, but I appreciated how they made me feel.

High School Musical.

Watch the live version, then say the film is unsettling. At least you can pause the DVD (or turn it off). When it's on stage, you close your eyes but it doesn't go away!!

Ichi the Killer upset me the first time I saw it, but I've seen it a few times now and it doesn't upset me any more. I don't really get upset by horror/thriller films now; I had to watch 20/25 for my dissertation, so I'm a little de-sensitised. Schindler's List always upsets me, because of the subject matter.

remote91
18-08-08, 17:52

The "head on a stick" scene and of course, when the bloke was nailed to a "crucifix", absolutely awful.
Wolf Creek was so boring IMO, however it did liven up towards the end, especially with the gorey bits, so I wouldny say no to a second viewing.

I always wanted to see The Devils Rejects. It looks very similar.

marla_singer
18-08-08, 17:57
Wolf Creek was so boring IMO, however it did liven up towards the end, especially with the gorey bits, so I wouldny say no to a second viewing.

I always wanted to see The Devils Rejects. It looks very similar.

It was quite boring but I still found the fact that the murderer/murders was "based" and whatnot from real life events very unsettling.

I think The Devils Rejects is worth a watch regardless of wether it's similar haha. I don't find many similarities in the two anyway. Though House of a Thousand Corpses is much better in my opinion :tmb:

Angelus
18-08-08, 17:57

It's the only film that's made me feel truly uncomfortable while watching it.

Nannonxyay
18-08-08, 18:04
High School Musical.

:yik: Oh god no! Bad memories! Bad memories! :eep:

For me, it's Sweeney Todd. Because I usually hate horror movies and never watch them. :p The blood and stuff was horrible. My neck was hurting after watching it. :yik:

But god, I loved it so bloody much.

Naomichi
18-08-08, 18:36
Audition.

Unsettling, but I LOVED it.

Ditto for Irreversible.

I got asked to leave the cinema during the Exorcist, because apparently my literal weeping with laughter was disturbing the other patrons.

touchthesky
18-08-08, 18:57
The UNRATED version of Rob Zombie's Halloween is rather unsettling. Some insane woman gets raped by a janitor's friend. Very unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, TOTALLY unnecessary. It was sick. Clearly an attempt to "shock" the audience.

The rape scene is the reason I put American History X in my last post.

Seeing Edward Nortons bot-bot should be a thrilling experience but no..just no.

xMiSsCrOfTx
18-08-08, 19:01
Teeth.

Lew
18-08-08, 19:05
Saw. I hate movies like that just for the gore and torture, Captivity seemed to be fine with less blood/gore.

Legend 4ever
19-08-08, 00:08
All Guinea Pig movies. I have unfortunately seen them. The part called Mermaid in the Manhole is especially disgusting.

Day of The Woman aka. I Spit On Your Grave is a really horrifying rape/revenge movie.

The Hills Have Eyes (2006). I felt so helpless and hopeless. A really strong movie.

Hostel 2 Lorna's death OMG!!!

Angelus
19-08-08, 00:09
The Golden Compass.

:hea:

Encore
19-08-08, 00:12
I know this is ridiculous but when I was little I was traumatized with Arachnophobia. :(
And another one of my "childhood traumas" was IT. :( I still get goosebumps whenever I see that stupid clown!!

Rivendell
19-08-08, 00:13
I know this is ridiculous but when I was little I was traumatized with Arachnophobia. :(

You're not alone. Ugh, just thinking about it makes my flesh creep.

Paperdoll
19-08-08, 00:16
All Guinea Pig movies. I have unfortunately seen them. The part called Mermaid in the Manhole is especially disgusting.

I've only seen pics of Mermaid in the Manhole but it was enough to make me gag... not seeing it anytime soon. Or ever.

Legend 4ever
19-08-08, 00:33
I've only seen pics of Mermaid in the Manhole but it was enough to make me gag... not seeing it anytime soon. Or ever.

It is disgusting with all that lumps and bumps on her body and tail, looking like a volcanoes ready to explode, with sprouting wounds and bugs coming out of her wounds and head. Really, just really gross.

remote91
19-08-08, 00:36
It is disgusting with all that lumps and bumps on her body and tail, looking like a volcanoes ready to explode, with sprouting wounds and bugs coming out of her wounds and head. Really, just really gross.
Too much detail :(

Paperdoll
19-08-08, 00:42
Too much detail :(

That's nothing compared to the actual thing, believe me :D

remote91
19-08-08, 00:46

That's nothing compared to the actual thing, believe me :D
Lol I just saw it on google, doesnt look that bad :p

I really wanna the Guinea Pig series.

silver_wolf
19-08-08, 00:54
Movies don't really disturb me. Of course, I don't go looking for disturbing movies, but blood,gore,violence,pus, etc. doesn't bother me. But there are movies that have an impact on me, more than "ooh that was cool". I just can't remember which ones lol.

knightgames
19-08-08, 02:18
Closet Land is a movie that's stayed with me for quite some time. It stars Alan Rickman and Madeline Stow (I've probably even mentioned the film before).

She plays a childrens book author accused of hiding subversive messages in her children stories. One book she writes is Closetland. She is arrested and held captive. Rickman is her interrogator.

There are no other real characters, so the interaction between the two actors takes presidence and their acting takes center stage immediately. For without their strong portrayals the movie would fall abysmally.

In the end you see a human side of both characters. Stowe's maintains her innocence, but is almost forced to the brink of confession even though she's inocent.

Rickman is phenominal in his role. He has a firm belief he must do what he needs to extract necessary information for his country. You also see his internal struggle and how his 'soul' is affected by this dirty disgusting 'work', especially when weighed against the impact of her possible innocence.

There is no real violence, but the ability to convey the innevitable pushes this movie along just as much as the two stars.

I almost wonder if Closetland was a converted stage play. It could easily be handled in an intimate stage setting.

Endow
19-08-08, 02:18
Hmm, unsettling.... apart from some pretty disturbing gore scenes I'd say off the top of my head, the movie that introduced the concept of anterograde amnesia to me, one of my favs - Memento, was definitely unsettling. I was fascinated and at the same time scared by it. The idea that there are real people out there, with this kind of condition... it's seems like something out of a greek tragedy.

There are other movies but I recently rewatched it for umpteenth time so...

just croft
19-08-08, 02:24
Sorry sorry sorry that was so offtopic, but it felt good getting it out... *edits post* but then again it's my burden to bear...

Já agora tmb tás de insonias?

Legend 4ever
19-08-08, 02:24
Oh yeah, I forgot Mulholland Dr. by David Lynch. To me it was really disturbing.

violentblossom
19-08-08, 02:46

huh? i'm confused. never heard of that.

Naomichi
19-08-08, 10:27
It's a Japanese movie, from the guineapig series, which is a rather unedifying procession of scenes of torture and dismemberment. If you're interested you can probably find out more on imdb.com.

Paperdoll
19-08-08, 11:41
It's a Japanese movie, from the guineapig series, which is a rather unedifying procession of scenes of torture and dismemberment. If you're interested you can probably find out more on imdb.com.

Although the later movies actually do try to have somewhat of a plot.. me thinks.

I think it's the only series of movies I steer away, only watched clips of one of them.

Lol I just saw it on google, doesnt look that bad :p

I really wanna the Guinea Pig series.

Lmao XD well it made me sick... and that's hard for a movie to do for me.

Kerrigan
19-08-08, 11:41
This thread made me curious about Guinea Pig films.I might try to watch Mermaid In a Manhole, I hope I won't regret it that bad.Is it really too gory to handle if your're viewing it alone? I assume my friends let alone my parents wouldn't even want to take a look at it. :p

Legend 4ever
19-08-08, 11:48
This thread made me curious about Guinea Pig films.I might try to watch Mermaid In a Manhole, I hope I won't regret it that bad.Is it really too gory to handle if your're viewing it alone? I assume my friends let alone my parents wouldn't even want to take a look at it. :p

Mermaid In a Manhole has some plot, unlike some movies of the series. The man which finds a mermaid is a painter and he wants to paint her because she looks so beautiful, but when she begins to die in pain and when the wounds on her body appear before his eyes she begs him to paint her with her blood and to show how she looks now on the canvas. SPOILER When whole her body turns into unrecognizable mush with bugs allover the place he chops her into pieces. SPOILER

To me it was hard to watch, but I see some artistic value and since this is Japanese movie, it is expected to think out of the box and all that stuff.

dream raider
19-08-08, 11:57
28 weeks later...

I did not last 10 minutes watching it... Freaked me out! :eek:

Paperdoll
19-08-08, 12:03
To me it was hard to watch, but I see some artistic value and since this is Japanese movie, it is expected to think out of the box and all that stuff.

Yes despite everything, from what I read it actually sound like a decent story... although more suited for a book than for a movie XD

Obscure
19-08-08, 12:07
Pan's Labyrinth.

I was sure that the film was going to just some typical fairytale type story but when the farmers get bludgeoned to death, it really sets the mood for how dark the film will be. The ending also made me feel really upset and unsettled.

clw
19-08-08, 12:10
scary films from 2000 onwards have seriously lost it, 28 days late and the hills have eyes are some of the most laughable films ive ever seen. people have been talking about the rape scene in hills have eyes but honestly werent even sure if it was one until it was mentioned it was unnessary and badly acted.

sorry for the negative comments it justs makes me angry. prison films usely make me feel the most uncomfortable but midnight express is one of my favourite films of all time.

Obscure
19-08-08, 12:13
scary films from 2000 onwards have seriously lost it, 28 days late and the hills have eyes are some of the most laughable films ive ever seen.

I take it you've never watched any "horror" films from the 1980's.
I really liked 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later was even better. It was certainly different from the old slasher films of the 90's and 80's.

clw
19-08-08, 13:02
i havent actually watched a film whats scared me before its just because im 18 most films i ve watched are in that time period and ive seen alot of bad and unscary films scream gothicka etc if someone could point me towards some real scary movies id be grateful

Obscure
19-08-08, 13:03
i havent actually watched a film whats scared me before its just because im 18 most films i ve watched are in that time period and ive seen alot of bad and unscary films scream gothicka etc if someone could point me towards some real scary movies id be grateful

All depends on your own unique taste of horror.
I for one love the horror film: The Ring but many will disagree.

clw
19-08-08, 13:06
not really sure about the ring i was scared to watch it but when i did the girl again didnt scare me i think im just not a very serious person because she made me laugh

Earthcane
20-08-08, 11:22
Japanese Horror is in equal portions horrifying and just plain disturbing.

Audition has to be the freakiest thing I have ever seen.

The opening half hour is amazing- the characters are set up so well.
The girl appears so cute and harmless that you just know something is wrong.

And then the scene cuts to the girl at home. Very creepy stuff.
The movie goes downhill from here, however- the scenes toward the end are so silly you can laugh at them.

The Original Ring, Ringu, is my fave horror of all time- gotta love long black-haired kids crawling out of wells :p

Voni
20-08-08, 11:49
All depends on your own unique taste of horror.
I for one love the horror film: The Ring but many will disagree.

I have to say The Ring scared the living daylights out of me, and it's the movie that got me well into Asian cinema.

Anyone seen A Tale of Two Sisters? There were a few subtexts in that movie which were pretty unsettling. Excellent film.

Shrantellatessa
20-08-08, 11:49
The Signal, crazy ****!

Lara Croft!
20-08-08, 13:43

Try watching Irreversible with your mother! What an uncomfortable experience that was!

OMG!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Wow such horrrific moves i've never heard of.

Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind. This film disturbed me simply as the whole scale and timing that was used. What if we could erase our memories of something? What if we tried to get these memories back? Creepy stuff

I really like that movie, very original and romantic in its own way.

I Am legend

Upsetting? Now way.... It was fun!

What? I'm 21, but I still enjoy watching 3d animated movies like finding Nemo, Toy Story, Ratatouille. The animations are great and the way the make the movies nowadays it's more for the parents to watch at some scenes, than the children.

American History X.

Ugh.

I found it to be a great movie...

Naz2000
20-08-08, 14:05
The Hostel series - I watched the second one the other day and it made me cringe so much. The ending just made me laugh though:)

tombraider123
20-08-08, 14:29
Wolf Creek I found hard to watch, don't really know why.

I gave up on SAW 2, I am not good with gore.

Also I saw one bit of Hostel because my friend was watching it and it made me retch.

violentblossom
20-08-08, 14:42
The Hostel series - I watched the second one the other day and it made me cringe so much. The ending just made me laugh though:)

yeah, Hostel 2's ending was TERRIBLE.. i think they ran out of ideas and needed a fast ending. :-\

the only thing i liked about that movie was how subtle they were about naming (at least) one of the hostel patrons after a real person.

the lady who bathes in blood is based on a queen named Erzebet Bathory, (though they simply stuck with "Ms. Bathory"), who was known for killing and torturing young women to bathe in their blood. :yik:

tranniversary119
20-08-08, 14:47
The Saw series. Those movies are so GROSS! :p Whenever somebody is in a trap I always picture myself just appearing in that trap *shudders*

petujaymz
20-08-08, 14:50
I don't like the way zombie horror movies end. You never get complete closure.

Are they gonna make it? Has the entire world been infected?

I worry for them.

Obscure
20-08-08, 14:50
the only thing i liked about that movie was how subtle they were about naming (at least) one of the hostel patrons after a real person.

the lady who bathes in blood is based on a queen named Erzebet Bathory, (though they simply stuck with "Ms. Bathory"), who was known for killing and torturing young women to bathe in their blood. :yik:

She bathed in the blood of young peasant virgin girls to obtain eternal youth. She's not nearly as gruesome as some other characters in history such as Attila the Hun and Vlad III or also known as Vlad the Impaler.
Reading about their cruelty to other people is worse than watching any old slasher film and far more unsettling.

violentblossom
20-08-08, 15:00
She bathed in the blood of young peasant virgin girls to obtain eternal youth. She's not nearly as gruesome as some other characters in history such as Attila the Hun and Vlad III or also known as Vlad the Impaler.
Reading about their cruelty to other people is worse than watching any old slasher film and far more unsettling.

Yeah.

I've always been fascinated by Erzebet, though, as she is a female, and naturally, it is always perceived to be even more apalling and horrendous when a woman goes all mad and well, blood thirsty. I also find it odd than that more people don't know who she was.

But i do agree, reading about the shear violence and passion with which rulers and generals of old governed and enforced is much more disgusting and unsettling than anything modern cinema could possibly produce. I'm suprised Erzebet doesn't have her own movie, though.

Another movie i found unsettling is Irreversible, though i know its already been discussed.

Lara Croft!
20-08-08, 15:12
I don't like the way zombie horror movies end. You never get complete closure.

Are they gonna make it? Has the entire world been infected?

I worry for them.

That's the reason I love them... It's so despairing...

violentblossom
20-08-08, 15:16
That's the reason I love them... It's so despairing...

i loved 28 Weeks Later... much better than the first! i didn't find the movie on a whole unsettling, just the scene where the order is given to shoot everyone. And that theme is amazing, got it on my myspace profile. ^^

marla_singer
20-08-08, 15:19
Yeah.

I've always been fascinated by Erzebet, though, as she is a female, and naturally, it is always perceived to be even more apalling and horrendous when a woman goes all mad and well, blood thirsty. I also find it odd than that more people don't know who she was.

But i do agree, reading about the shear violence and passion with which rulers and generals of old governed and enforced is much more disgusting and unsettling than anything modern cinema could possibly produce. I'm suprised Erzebet doesn't have her own movie, though.

Another movie i found unsettling is Irreversible, though i know its already been discussed.

I've always known her as Elizabeth Bathory since watching Stay Alive when it came out so the Erzebet confused me haha, she interested me too.

Obscure
20-08-08, 15:38
Yeah.

Actually a film came out this year about Bathory. It had Anna Friel as Elizabeth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469640/

violentblossom
20-08-08, 16:06
I've always known her as Elizabeth Bathory since watching Stay Alive when it came out so the Erzebet confused me haha, she interested me too.

Yes, "Elizabeth" is the translation of her name, but it was a while for i heard "Erzebet" as well.

Actually a film came out this year about Bathory. It had Anna Friel as Elizabeth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469640/

Oh wow! Good find. :) Thanks for the heads up.. wonder if its any good?

Survival
20-08-08, 16:12
Bathory movie is complete pure garbage that has nothing do do tith real history ;) It´s also boring, unintentionally funny and wery bad acted... not to mention horrible horrible camera and direction.

violentblossom
20-08-08, 16:13
Bathory movie is complete pure garbage that has nothing do do tith real history ;)

:( yeah.. i just watched the trailer, and it doesn't really look dark enough, anyway. :S

Survival
20-08-08, 16:16
:( yeah.. i just watched the trailer, and it doesn't really look dark enough, anyway. :S

I had to suffer whole three hours in the cinema... it almost killed me :eek: What´s worse I knew the movie´s gonna be horrible but my friends dragged me to the cinema kicking and screaming.

violentblossom
20-08-08, 16:22
I had to suffer whole three hours in the cinema... it almost killed me :eek: What´s worse I knew the movie´s gonna be horrible but my friends dragged me to the cinema kicking and screaming.

LOL. I guess too much corn ball fluff = unsettling, too, huh? :p

Survival
20-08-08, 16:30
LOL. I guess too much corn ball fluff = unsettling, too, huh? :p

Hmm :vlol: Actually it was kinda fun seeing them suffering along with me though :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-08-08, 17:02
The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy sucked... royally.

haikudasai
20-08-08, 17:08
Probably:

I Spit on Your Grave.

Goose
20-08-08, 17:19
Hi all, newbie here.

I spit on your grave was pretty bad, but there were worse from that era, like 'maniac' and 'last house on the left' for start. Very odd films, theres a whole video label that deals with them called 'vipco vaults of horrors', you can pick there films up off the internet for around £2 somtimes less if your lucky, most of them are pure rubbish mind, but become amazing with your friends and a few beers, some are good.

I think for me its probably Forrest Gump, not when i originally watched it, it was a heart warmer then, but after i read the book. Made me realise how unduely patronising people are to those with disabilities, even myself in the past, which is somewhat worse as i had special needs classes all through primary school.

haikudasai
20-08-08, 17:23
Hi all, newbie here.

I spit on your grave was pretty bad, but there were worse from that era, like 'maniac' and 'last house on the left' for start. Very odd films, theres a whole video label that deals with them called 'vipco vaults of horrors', you can pick there films up off the internet for around £2 somtimes less if your lucky, most of them are pure rubbish mind, but become amazing with your friends and a few beers, some are good.

I think for me its probably Forrest Gump, not when i originally watched it, it was a heart warmer then, but after i read the book. Made me realise how unduely patronising people are to those with disabilities, even myself in the past, which is somewhat worse as i had special needs classes all through primary school.

I haven't seen Last House on the Left :] I'll add it to my netflix~

TombRaiderLover
20-08-08, 17:29
I haven't seen Last House on the Left :] I'll add it to my netflix~

For a low-budget film, and being Wes Craven's debut (correct me if I'm wrong), it's a pretty decent film. It brings a realism to the screen that I've never seen before in a film. Most of today's "torture" films are too glossy and expensive to be really convincing, but Last House got to me, and I've only seen it in it's censored form. The BBFC rejected the film twice, and demanded cuts when it was submitted in 2002 because they felt it was dangerous. Now only six years later, an uncut DVD is in the works.

Survival
20-08-08, 17:55
Last House on the Left is brilliant film in it´s own right :tmb:

Tombcool
20-08-08, 17:58
Tropic Thunder - It was OKAY, some parts were really funny, some were trying too hard. For some reason, all these new comedy movies aren't funny.

*I think I posted this in the wrong thread* =P

haikudasai
20-08-08, 17:58
For a low-budget film, and being Wes Craven's debut (correct me if I'm wrong), it's a pretty decent film. It brings a realism to the screen that I've never seen before in a film. Most of today's "torture" films are too glossy and expensive to be really convincing, but Last House got to me, and I've only seen it in it's censored form. The BBFC rejected the film twice, and demanded cuts when it was submitted in 2002 because they felt it was dangerous. Now only six years later, an uncut DVD is in the works.

I think one of the biggest reasons why I shy away from Wes Craven movies is because of the childhood trauma I went through with Nightmare on Elm Street haha.

My brother and sister were just AWFUL. Holding my eyes open during everything. My brother doing a Freddy voice in the middle of the night. Pushing up from under my mattress (Johnny's scene).

To this day I still have issues with Freddy haha.

iamlaracroft
20-08-08, 18:13
Tropic Thunder - It was OKAY, some parts were really funny, some were trying too hard. For some reason, all these new comedy movies aren't funny.

awww no! don't say that!
i plan on seeing that with my yummy bf :D
but then again...if it does suck, I'm sure we could think of better ways to pass the time :mis:

****ing amazing film though--Naomi wrote, directed and produced it.
She's absolutely brilliant.
:tmb:

but seriously, don't watch if you're even remotely sensitive.
and if you have a dog, make sure you keep him real close to you :o

Tombcool
20-08-08, 18:17
but then again...if it does suck, I'm sure we could think of better ways to pass the time :mis:

Oh no! :eek: You aren't talking about the popcorn bucket trick are you? :mis: :ton:

Goose
20-08-08, 18:26

Ill have to keep an eye out for that, its always good to see a film in its full uncut version, i remeber when Evil dead and Re-animator (final cut i should have said) came out uncut some years ago, was like watching them for the first time all over again, you had no idea what you were going to see.

TombRaiderLover
20-08-08, 18:27
Ill have to keep an eye out for that, its always good to see a film in its full uncut version, i remeber when Evil dead and Re-animator came out uncut some years ago, was like watching them for the first time all over again, you had no idea what you were going to see.

Yeah, I remember watching The Evil Dead on DVD for the first time and thinking, "Hang on, there wasn't this much blood the last time I saw it?!" :p

iamlaracroft
20-08-08, 18:38
Oh no! :eek: You aren't talking about the popcorn bucket trick are you? :mis: :ton:

I'll have to get back to you on that :mis: :p

Lara Croft Fan Joe
20-08-08, 18:45
http://i35.************/24w4rkp.jpg

*shudder*

violentblossom
20-08-08, 19:11
ok, new thread time! it'll spawn from this one. ^^

Legend 4ever
20-08-08, 20:01
I have to say The Ring scared the living daylights out of me, and it's the movie that got me well into Asian cinema.

Anyone seen A Tale of Two Sisters? There were a few subtexts in that movie which were pretty unsettling. Excellent film.

I have. Loved, loved, loved, loved it!!! Yeah, it is pretty complex and unsettling...

Survival
20-08-08, 21:54
most unsettling film hands down goes to Funny Games with Naomi Watts.
don't watch with parents or small children.

****ing amazing film though--Naomi wrote, directed and produced it.
She's absolutely brilliant.
:tmb:

but seriously, don't watch if you're even remotely sensitive.
and if you have a dog, make sure you keep him real close to you :o

She only produced. The movie´s a remake of Austrian original from 1997. Michael Heneke is the writer and director of both movies ;). And talking about the movie it won "Best psychological horror of 2007" just yesterday. Pitty the director is such ignorant *******...

dcw123
20-08-08, 22:24
When I first say 'The Shining' by Stanley Kausbrick when I was like 7 or 8:p
The thought that the danger isn't from a ghost or demon, but a member of your own family....:o
I loved the 'trailer' for it with the blood and the lift doors opening...lol
Not scared by it now,coz its SO old..but its a great film:D

BtoFu
20-08-08, 22:27

*shudder*

Is that real? Jesus.

TombRaiderLover
20-08-08, 22:46
Then there's 2001: A Space Odyssey, but that's more eerie than anything else. Not really unsettling.

Masterpiece. :tmb:

Dark Lugia 2
20-08-08, 23:56
Yes despite everything, from what I read it actually sound like a decent story... although more suited for a book than for a movie XD

Definately! o_o I've never heard of such a plot, atleast its original, though. XD hah

Once I walked in on my parents watching the Ring alone (they would'nt wanna scare me, me was young :p ) and ****ing hell! :eek: *was traumatised* :vlol: Freakiest movie I've ever seen. :p (saw it fully later on)

cammy.
21-08-08, 09:42
Probably Hard Candy...
Heres a bit about the story...creepy:o
Its about a 14 year old girl and a 32 year old phototographer who meet up from an online chat room, however, the girl, Hayley isn't all she first appears;)
After discovering he is a pedofile and possibally killed someone, she tortures him and eventually kills him in the end - just goes to show you never to trust people you dont know:p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Candy_(film)
http://i38.************/mlqr1e.jpg

Its defenately made me more aware of using MSN and stuff..lol

I saw it and I thought it was a good movie. I didn't think it was too disturbing though. Worse for me have been...
The Hills Have Eyes 1 - The first time I watched it I couldn't see it all it freaked me out too much. But now I can watch it fine. It's always the first time with horror movies!
The Cell - Just very weird movie...
The Ring 1 remake - Haven't watched it all cos I started watching it and had to go out and I didnt want to watch the rest cos it was freaky lol.
Um House on Haunted Hill freaked me out a bit because it was like the first horror movie I saw and I was young.
Silent Hill actually really freaked me out. I thought it was scary...

There are a couple of others but I can't remember now...

Naz2000
21-08-08, 10:14
^ Hard Candy is brilliant, the actress in it is brilliant and really scary when she suddenly switches from nice little girl into psycho child!

Elysia
21-08-08, 16:14
Okay - I think this discussion and googling of nasty fetish stuff is kind of stepping over a boundary here (no, I'm NOT googling it, because I'm having a hard enough time holding onto my lunch what with the baby and all - I do not need anything else to induce me to barf right now!), and so can we please let it lie? No more discussion of nasty internet vids or this goes right to old folks home ;)

Unsettling films? Does Ace Ventura - Pet Detective count? It single handedly nurtured my life long hatred of and aversion to Jim Carrey... I do not care how great he is in other films, I just have to see his leering mug in a magazine and want to smash it in repeatedly with a flat iron.

One film that did stay with me for a long time was Event Horizon - mainly due to one question that someone asks 'what did they (the crew of the EH) experience t make them do what they did?'. I am absolutely fascinated with the concept of alternative dimensions, and due to this along with the simple fact that there is no tangible 'monster' to blame for what happens - no psycho, no alien, no serial killer, just their own minds playing tricks on them (or is it....) - it really made me turn my brain knots trying to fathom out what it was that they experienced. It was all very Lovecraftian, and I just love stuff like that... :D

Another thing that really unsettled me was, ironically, an episode of the X-Files - the one with the inbred family who kept their mother in a box under the bed. That really, really freaked me out for some reason...

Angelus
21-08-08, 16:23
Okay - I think this discussion and googling of nasty fetish stuff is kind of stepping over a boundary here (no, I'm NOT googling it, because I'm having a hard enough time holding onto my lunch what with the baby and all - I do not need anything else to induce me to barf right now!), and so can we please let it lie? No more discussion of nasty internet vids or this goes right to old folks home ;)

Unsettling films? Does Ace Ventura - Pet Detective count? It single handedly nurtured my life long hatred of and aversion to Jim Carrey... I do not care how great he is in other films, I just have to see his leering mug in a magazine and want to smash it in repeatedly with a flat iron.

One film that did stay with me for a long time was Event Horizon - mainly due to one question that someone asks 'what did they (the crew of the EH) experience t make them do what they did?'. I am absolutely fascinated with the concept of alternative dimensions, and due to this along with the simple fact that there is no tangible 'monster' to blame for what happens - no psycho, no alien, no serial killer, just their own minds playing tricks on them (or is it....) - it really made me turn my brain knots trying to fathom out what it was that they experienced. It was all very Lovecraftian, and I just love stuff like that... :D

Another thing that really unsettled me was, ironically, an episode of the X-Files - the one with the inbred family who kept their mother in a box under the bed. That really, really freaked me out for some reason...

Ah, 'Home'. Brilliantly scary episode. :tmb:

takamotosan
21-08-08, 16:35

omg i remember that episode!

that was grotesque.

BorntoRun
21-08-08, 17:27
The Pianist, Twist, Uzumaki, Ring (Japanese version)

And there are a lot of episodes of Without a Trace and Law and Order: SVU/CI that have left me disturbed.

knightgames
08-09-08, 01:27

*shudder*

re: The Hottie and the Nottie.

According to WIKI.
The Hottie And The Nottie is a 2008 romantic comedy film starring Paris Hilton, Joel Moore, Christine Lakin, and The Greg Wilson. It was written by Heidi Ferrer (Dawson's Creek), and is the first full-length feature film directed by Tom Putnam. The film started shooting in January 2007 and debuted on February 8, 2008. Its first-day earnings were $9,000[2], with it going on to earn $27,696 on its opening weekend, each theater averaging $249.

I've never heard of any movie making less money in a general release. I think GLITTER did better than that.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/knightgames/christine.jpg
But anyway, here is the "Nottie" in case you were wondering. Put her next to Paris, and I know who I'd rather spend time with.