PDA

View Full Version : What does your forum name mean too you?

mmm...cookies
17-08-08, 01:20
Hiya i thought it would be a smashing idea if we all shared what our forum names meant so here goes nothing.

mmm...cookies came too me a couple if years ago when i first found this utopia for TR fans,

I was thinking of names and i didnt want to use my normal gamer tag (kongsnutz) as i hate that now (as of 2006).
I was at home and someone was making cookies and i could smell them, I thought mmm...cookies.............................then it came to me.

hahaha so there is the untold legend of mmm...cookies hahah enjoy!!:p

Dixie
17-08-08, 01:23
Oh fun!

I chose "Dixie" just as a general reference to the fact that I live in the Southern US (Texas). It was also the name of my high school's fight song.
I kind of hate it now cause it sounds sorta girly.

That was short...

Encore
17-08-08, 01:26
There was a thread about this not so long ago I think, but I guess it was too old.

Anyways... Encore started when I was choosing a nickname for DeviantART and I couldn't think of anything until my eyes happened to lay upon a DVD lying on my table. It was Scooter live. :vlol: I totally loved the guys back then! And the DVD was called Encore - Live and Direct. :o From then on it just stuck.

I like the word. Somehow it gives the idea that I'll keep coming back again and again. :mis:

spikejones
17-08-08, 01:29
hmm... i remeber a thread like this being around before - several months ago. Oh well, here goes again.

spike = nickname from jail (long story)
jones = my last name

my forum name therefore is actually my nick name. not very creative huh?

Benguitar
17-08-08, 01:30
Ben-Guitar

Benjamin is my name

I play guitar

patriots88888
17-08-08, 01:32
Nice choices everyone. :)

patriots88888 is both my favorite NFL football team and the 88888 part is my personal siggy to every username i use. Can't tell you more than that in GC as it has a sexual orientation to it. :p :D

Shrantellatessa
17-08-08, 01:34
I came out with tis weird username (yes I know) years ago when I was about to create a new account in a emails' website, and since I hate usernames with meaningless numbers and underscores, I was inspired (God knows how) to invent the current one, though I was actually indecided between Shrantellatessa and Shantellatessa (without the "R").

As for what it means to me, that's just a long story that I'm too lazy to tell :p :D

Encore
17-08-08, 01:36
^ You do realize that I've ALWAYS been curious about your username.. :vlol: You should tell the story. :o

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-08-08, 01:37
To me, it just means that back in '03, I was a moron. :ton: The uP aNd DoWn LeTtErS... Yeesh. Kinda regret that now. =/

patriots88888
17-08-08, 01:39
To me, it just means that back in '03, I was a moron. :ton: The uP aNd DoWn LeTtErS... Yeesh. Kinda regret that now. =/

Yea, but it adds character and flair to it. :)

tombraiderluka
17-08-08, 01:40
Nickname.. From 2004 hahaha :D Stupid I know :p

wmcintosh
17-08-08, 01:42
Just my name (as mentioned before).

w for William and last name.

MyRaider4Life
17-08-08, 01:43
MyRaider4Life - Tomb Raider and Lara Croft will be with me forever.

BtoFu
17-08-08, 01:45
It was my turntablist handle a few years ago. It contains my initials, the initials of my last project Back To Finish (U) You and Tofu - which I like to eat. :) pronounced as 'beat-o-fu'.

xRikux89
17-08-08, 01:45
Riku is my real first name (Which nowadays people generally refuse to believe and instead ask me "You played Kingdom Hearts?"), and my sister put the x's around it like... Can't remember exactly. But not long after we first had an internet connection at home, yeah. And it stuck with me ever since, I can't be bothered to ever enter anything else when a username is asked. 89 is my birthyear.

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-08-08, 01:48
Yea, but it adds character and flair to it. :)

Aww, thank you. :D

Shrantellatessa
17-08-08, 01:50
^ You do realize that I've ALWAYS been curious about your username.. :vlol: You should tell the story. :o

Well, it's a mixture of many abstract things. But first, please bear in mind that i've created this username 3 or 4 years ago. The length of the username gives it (in my opinion of course) the feeling of being majestic like a long royal dress or the brides long thing that kids hold for her or she drags behind on the carpet :p Also, the first part of it, Shran, doesn't mean anything but give me the impression of wildness and projects a visual image of a tiger's claws (maybe coz Sharr means evil in Arabic, my mother tongue), which conveys, to me, an impression of danger :cool: Finally, the second part of it, tessa, sounds to me like Contessa, Altessa, or Princessa :cln:

You see, that was the weirdest username story you've probably ever heard, I hope you'll manage to sleep tonight :ton:

Encore
17-08-08, 01:53
hahah No way, it's actually quite interesting, you've put some thought in it and that's great! :tmb: I've always felt there was indeed something "royal" or "majestic" about your username... :)

mmm...cookies
17-08-08, 01:55
Wow quite the fast moving thread, very interesting reasons people thx for participating!!

Tonyrobinson
17-08-08, 02:03
Once upon a time I tried to get the name tony on a forum called it was taken, so i tried my surname with it, and so tonyrobinson was born.

silver_wolf
17-08-08, 02:08
and now every sick freak on this site knows your name:p

Shrantellatessa
17-08-08, 02:09
hahah No way, it's actually quite interesting, you've put some thought in it and that's great! :tmb: I've always felt there was indeed something "royal" or "majestic" about your username... :)

Oh! Thank you for realizing the depth of my username and finding it "majestic" :p That's really nice of you :o :)

Wow quite the fast moving thread, very interesting reasons people thx for participating!!

Most welcome :D

Encore
17-08-08, 02:09

.. like me!

*makes Joker laugh*

xRikux89
17-08-08, 02:12
Yeah, I like your username too Shrantellatessa. It indeed sounds royal... And purple! o.O It also constantly brings to my mind the word "enchantress"... Cool xD

mmm...cookies
17-08-08, 02:12
.. like me!

*makes Joker laugh*

Looks at your avatar...........:jmp:

Zebra
17-08-08, 02:14
Well...Zebras are one of my favourite animal species. And that is why I chose this name. It has pretty much turned into the name I'm using almost everywhere in the internet.

Shrantellatessa
17-08-08, 02:19
Yeah, I like your username too Shrantellatessa. It indeed sounds royal... And purple! o.O It also constantly brings to my mind the word "enchantress"... Cool xD

Thank you! :o Glad I'm not the only one and thanks for adding "Enchantress(a)" to my username dictionary :p

Tonyrobinson
17-08-08, 02:21

Well atleast they don't know i'm the actor :pi:

Quasimodo
17-08-08, 02:28
I chose "Quasimodo" because it reminds me of my mom's nick name for herself before she had back surgery to fix a herniated disk.

In hindsight I guess I also share some attributes with the character. I'm not deformed or anything :p but I do see a bit of myself in that artistic, self-depreciating hermit.

not again!
17-08-08, 02:30
My usernames actually never have any deeper meaning. When I have to pick one, I usually take a random word or phrase from the first sentence to come to mind. Thusly Iíve roamed the intarwebz under names like what?, embarrassing and - my favourite - mouse_wheel. :)

Encore
17-08-08, 02:31
My usernames actually never have any deeper meaning. When I have to pick one, I usually take a random word or phrase from the first sentence to come to mind. Thusly Iíve roamed the intarwebz under names like what?, embarrassing and - my favourite - mouse_wheel. :)

hahaha :vlol: There's actually something quite awesome about that :D

Tonyrobinson
17-08-08, 02:32
I chose "Quasimodo" because it reminds me of my mom's nick name for herself before she had back surgery to fix a herniated disk.

In hindsight I guess I also share some attributes with the character. I'm not deformed or anything :p but I do see a bit of myself in that artistic, self-depreciating hermit.

:ton:I do hope that's not your nicknae where you live. Oh well You can change it to High Sorcerrus Nazu if more people would wanna do voice work we'd see your performance soon.

silver_wolf
17-08-08, 02:34
I chose mine because I like wolves and it just sounded cool.

peeves
17-08-08, 02:49
Well I chose peeves because i was obsessed with askpeeves.com and the character peeves in harry potter book. That was 2 years ago.

takamotosan
17-08-08, 04:24
well, mine is actually just a quote from legend. the part in the japan level when takamoto and lara are bantering back and forth. takamoto says "be brief, miss croft. i have many demands on my time, you understand." and she says "of course, takamoto-san"

this quote has always stuck in my head for some reason. everytime someone asks me a question, and i answer "of course", i always think "of course, takamoto-san" in the back of my head.

and i wanted to pick an obscure TR reference.

i was going to have it as ofcourse,takamotosan, but it wouldn't fit.

so it is now takamotosan :D

Feather Duster
17-08-08, 04:33
Feather Duster was inspired by Chi Chi, my furry Persian kitty :D

mmm...cookies
17-08-08, 04:35
Bahahaha awesome guys, some are hilarious

Lenochka
17-08-08, 04:45
I have an on-going obsession with t.A.T.u. (big surprise, eh? xD )
and my favorite of the 2 is Lena Katina (redhead) who has various nicknames, my favorite being Lenochka. :)

Ward Dragon
17-08-08, 04:49
Shortly before I signed up for the forums, I took one of those many "Which...are you?" type quizzes. This one was about dragons, and it said I was a "Warder Dragon." When I signed up for the forums, I decided to use that and I thought it sounded better as "Ward Dragon" :)

.. like me!

*makes Joker laugh*

:vlol: :D

rowanlim
17-08-08, 05:19
This is the 3rd time I answered the same question :D

Well I read the Mayfair Witches saga by Anne Rice, where the main character was a powerful female witch called Rowan Mayfair. Her story was really dark & beautiful, so that's where I get "rowan" from.

Lim is my surname, so there's rowanlim :)

Death Mask
I chose my forum name from a Japanese anime that I used to watch when I was a kid, the show was Knights Of The Zodiac, the anime is based on Greek Mythology, in the Sanctuary Saga there are 12 Gold Knights that the main characters have to fight, these 12 Knights have a mission to protect a Goddess, each of the 12 Knights have a constellation as their guardian symbol, the 4th Knight is Death Mask, his guardian constellation is Cancer, which happens to be my Zodiac Sign, that's what inspired me to chose my forum name. :p

P.S. I hope you can understand my bad English. :o

Immortalis08
no meaning whatsoever...I combined the aspect of immortality and the realm of mortalis, where only mortals live (from the game Primal),added my graduation year , and that was that....

Tyrannosaurus
17-08-08, 05:47
Tyrant Lizard King. The genus Tyrannosaurus ("tyrant lizard") is in greek, while the species name rex ("king") is Latin, which emphasizes my utter superiority. Or so I was christened by the Naked Ape in 1905, specifically by Henry Fairfield Osborn.

Remember the great prophet Othniel C. Marsh, who was impressed with the strength and power of my arch-nemesis Triceratops horridus. He had no way of knowing just who this one was up against, for I was first made known to humankind a mere three years after his death. Click to read Osborn's description:

http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/handle/2246/1464

M.A.
17-08-08, 05:47
Initial of my real name.. :D

Feather Duster
17-08-08, 05:49
Initial of my real name.. :D

Aww, sack boy :D

Your avatar

jamieoliver22
17-08-08, 05:59
My name is Jamie Oliver (yes, really), and my birthday is on the 22nd of April.. so jamieoliver22 was born. Creative, huh? :p

mmm...cookies
17-08-08, 06:07
Lovely Jubblies!!!

Tthe Spirit
17-08-08, 06:19
As my name applies, or as you see in many of my posts, everything i do must be for the sake of God.
see spirituality and a divine relationship in everything i do...
so, i guess i have to be a charming cute spirit ::p:p

mmm...cookies
17-08-08, 06:20
As my name applies, or as you see in many of my posts, everything i do must be for the sake of God.

why 2 t's tho

iamlaracroft
17-08-08, 06:21

but why the extra T ????

Tthe Spirit
17-08-08, 06:21
why 2 t's tho

:p it was an error when i wrote down my username...
i didnt notice the small cap "t"... and we cant ask for editting our username...
but maybe i will give it a try... :D :D

Feather Duster
17-08-08, 06:22
but why the extra T ????

I guess it was a spelling mistake.

mmm...cookies
17-08-08, 06:24
hahaha ohwells, maybe ask justin really nicely in a PM

Explorer
17-08-08, 08:33
There was a thread about this not so long ago I think, but I guess it was too old.

hmm... i remeber a thread like this being around before - several months ago. Oh well, here goes again.

Well this is my first opportunity :D Explorer - well Lara Croft of course is an explorer and exploration in the TR games is something I particularly love :) I didn't choose it because of it being a member status, in fact I'm not sure the statuses we have today were around back when I joined?

iamlaracroft No guesses why you chose that name. Were in the midst of the one and only heroine ;)

ThatNorskChick
17-08-08, 08:38
Norsk = Norwegian....

And I suppose if you speak English, you can put the rest together. :p

Bumio
17-08-08, 08:45
i have a cat named Buma, sometimes i call her Bumio... :p

tomblover
17-08-08, 08:50
I love tombs. (In Tomb Raider, of course. I'm not a necrophiliac! :vlol:)

You can do the math. :p I didn't have any other ideas for a name because most of my names were like "*Insert Name Of Something Here*-Lover". :p But I'm satisfied and I use it almost everywhere nowadays, except for on YouTube, where some git got that name before me, so I had to steal TombRaiderLover's name. :p

Handspring1994
17-08-08, 08:57
It has to do with my obsession with Handsprings they are frontflips by the way. and i was born in 1994.

MiCkiZ88
17-08-08, 10:10
Mikkis = Nick name
88 = Year of birth and 8 is a lucky number

Just added some capital letters to make it look ''cool''

Archetype
17-08-08, 10:32
That I didn't spend enough time choosing it

Nemo_91
17-08-08, 10:32
Z_AqTOBfqso
91 - year of birth

Achilles_DS
17-08-08, 10:50
My name is a constant reminder that no matter how strong, powerful, or successful any of us get, we still have our weaknesses.

scion05
17-08-08, 10:52
Well, its kinda obvious really lol :p And I absolutely hate it, I'd love to change it.

Forwen
17-08-08, 10:54
It's in Tolkien's language sindarin, and pertains to the most beautiful, inspiring, vast region on Earth (so called Far North).

Drone
17-08-08, 11:08
Drone = a male in a colony, whose sole function is to mate with the queen :wve:

trXD
17-08-08, 11:10
Was new to the internet, thought the pokemon forum and tomb raider forum were the same site (?), merged tr (tomb raider) with XD (Pokemon XD) and then realised:o

So thats why i dont wont anyone to look at my name and think its tr with a laughing face at the end.

Lara Croft!
17-08-08, 11:25
When I registered here, I just knew I had to put "Lara" or "Croft" in my name. Since my real short name is Lora, I though "Lora Croft", believing that all the "Lara Croft" names would have been taken here. So I thought, Lara Croft with an exclamation mark. This way I get to have the best name in the forums and with the "!" at the end, people will know who I am.

kryptonite23
17-08-08, 11:41
kryptonite23

I chose that element as my username because, as some of you know, it is the only one who can beat superman,haha..and number 23 because it is my favorite number. :)

Shrantellatessa
17-08-08, 11:57
Wow! Probably the most personal name so far!!!!

Thank you! :)

Muhammad
17-08-08, 12:06
Take a wild guess.

Punaxe
17-08-08, 12:19
It has been my nick ever since I was 12 years or so, which is ten years ago. I dare to say it is one of the rare online nicks that are connected to one and only one person: every Punaxe you'll meet is me.

Muhammad
17-08-08, 12:27
It has been my nick ever since I was 12 years or so, which is ten years ago. I dare to say it is one of the rare online nicks that are connected to one and only one person: every Punaxe you'll meet is me.

Do you use the Opera browser?

Shrantellatessa
17-08-08, 12:28

Yes, I understand what you mean ;) :p

Tina Croft
17-08-08, 12:28
Tina because my real name is Christina and i like Tina from Dead or Alive.
Croft because i wanted to be related to Lara or because i liked the sound of it or whatever dunno... i should better have taken Conway. :D

Larapink
17-08-08, 12:29
Larapink = Well Lara obviously, and my fave colour Pink! :D

dcw123
17-08-08, 12:34
Well... I couldn't think of a cool one, so I used my names initials and added 123 on the end:D lol, I know its lame
Funnily enough.. the my first 2 are the same as the current James Bond;)

jackali
17-08-08, 12:40
I don't know... nope can't think why. No idea.

Well... my name is Jack... so... yeah.

By the way, I think we should have real sarcasm tags on the forum. Anyone else with me on that?

xx_Hunt_xx
17-08-08, 14:00
Surname is Hunt and didnt just wanna have Hunt as thought was too manly so put xx_ at the front and end :)

Punaxe
17-08-08, 14:02
Do you use the Opera browser?

Sure do :D

Angelx14
17-08-08, 14:45
Looong story :p But it is NOT ripped off of an another member :pi:

touchthesky
17-08-08, 14:49
With an urgent, careful stare,
And some panic in those eyes
If I see you lying there,
Hoping this was the last time

If you hear a distant sound,
And see footsteps by your side.
When the world comes crashing down.
I will find you if you hide.

If you wish it, wish it now.
If you wish it, wish it loud.
If you want it, say it now.
If you want it, say it loud.

We all make mistakes.
Here's your lifeline.
If you want it, I want to.
We all make mistakes.
Here's your lifeline.
If you want to I want to

There's a field with a dream.
I watched it grow with whitest light.
I watched us all reach out and lean.
For the strength to touch the sky.

If you hear a distant sound.
And some footsteps by your side.
If you feel like comin' round.

------

The album that song is from means quite a lot to me...And that was the song that was on at the time.

M.A.
18-08-08, 13:20
Aww, sack boy :D

Your avatar

Technically he's a YarnBoy.. :D

With an urgent, careful stare,
And some panic in those eyes
If I see you lying there,
Hoping this was the last time

If you hear a distant sound,
And see footsteps by your side.
When the world comes crashing down.
I will find you if you hide.

If you wish it, wish it now.
If you wish it, wish it loud.
If you want it, say it now.
If you want it, say it loud.

We all make mistakes.
Here's your lifeline.
If you want it, I want to.
We all make mistakes.
Here's your lifeline.
If you want to I want to

There's a field with a dream.
I watched it grow with whitest light.
I watched us all reach out and lean.
For the strength to touch the sky.

If you hear a distant sound.
And some footsteps by your side.
If you feel like comin' round.

------

The album that song is from means quite a lot to me...And that was the song that was on at the time.

May I ask the name of the song please? :)

pneboy
18-08-08, 13:23
sounds rediculous i know but my real name by depo

nickless
18-08-08, 13:23
well absolutely nothing :) i just wanted to make a quick reg and didn't even think of a good nickname.just nickless-no nick.

petujaymz
18-08-08, 13:27
Peter James is my name.

I've just glammed it up a bit... Petu Jaymz.

Looks more like a tennis player's name now. XD

There's a BBC weatherman called Tomasz Schafernaker (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bbcweather/forecasters/tomaszschafernaker.shtml) (Tomasz being pronounced Thomas).

Find myself smirking everytime he's on.

:wve:

just croft
18-08-08, 13:29
My name means that the first name I tried (which I can't remember now) didn't work for some reason. From there on I created something out of a suddent and have been useing it here and there aswell ever since.

peffect
18-08-08, 13:29
This is going to sound a bit odd:

My nickname is derived from the word perfect. Perfect ( r= rien (nothing) )
my nothing (rien) is 7 (another story)
What makes Pe7fct ===> peffect.

Paperdoll
18-08-08, 13:36
From the Kittie song, Paperdoll.

I kinda liked them at the time, and I still like the name. Means nothing though, although I've used it way before I signed up here.

Indiana Croft
18-08-08, 13:37
I love Indiana Jones, and I love Lara Croft. I just thought I'd mix 'em together. I really don't care for my forum name, but whatev lol

Endow
18-08-08, 13:56

Nausinous
18-08-08, 13:56
It is the name of the ******* child of Calypso, she ship wrecked Ody onto an isle, forced him to have her babies then had to let him go because the Gods demanded it. Nausinous and Nausithous were born a little bit later and I picked Nausinous as my user name. I plan on writing a TR fan fic about them one day! :yah:

mmm...cookies
18-08-08, 14:06
Nice examle hahah yeah i will read that fan fic, be sure to message me wwhen done hahah :)

rickybazire
18-08-08, 14:20
It's my normal name, but with my nickname on the front...

Tomb Raider Master
18-08-08, 14:22
I think it's pretty obvious. :D

Laralicious
18-08-08, 15:18
Well a couple of years back, me and my sister was trying to add 'licious' onto the end of words, and at the same time we were thinking about joining the forum. So when it came to choosing a username I took Lara's name and added 'licious' on the end. And to this day I still like the name.

Voni
18-08-08, 15:28
It's me name! :wve:

oocladableeblah
18-08-08, 16:03
Well a few years back I was trying to think of a name that was long, unique, and a little bit humorous when you say it. It was inspired by simlish (the sims language) and I just kind of said some random words trying to get something good and then got this one :D

marla_singer
18-08-08, 16:18
Well a few years back I was trying to think of a name that was long, unique, and a little bit humorous when you say it. It was inspired by simlish (the sims language) and I just kind of said some random words trying to get something good and then got this one :D

:vlol: I can hear the very Simlish when I say it out loud haha!

Mine is just one of my favourite Chuck Palahniuk characters name :D

Angelus
18-08-08, 16:32
He's a character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and later on in Angel.

thecentaur
18-08-08, 16:39
well i aint that creative... but i love the centaurs from TR1 and TRA

=/ :D

TR93
18-08-08, 16:45
Well, mines pretty simple,:D

I love Tomb Raider- the TR part of my name,
And I was born in 1993;)

violentblossom
18-08-08, 21:03
just kinda popped into my head one day.

i had to come up with a username, but i wanted something that represented my girlyness as well as strength.

it kinda would apply to the tattoo on my wrist:

http://i38.************/23hrcja.jpg

(due to the flash of the camera, you can't see how vibrant and pretty it really is.) :(

Gothlegend
18-08-08, 21:08
uh my forum name means nothing and makes me look like a jackass poser :p i highly regret it and wish i could change it :)

violentblossom
18-08-08, 21:10
uh my forum name means nothing and makes me look like a jackass poser :p i highly regret it and wish i could change it :)

lol. awwww. at least its not "Pork Rind Lord" or something. :tea:

Dakaruch
18-08-08, 21:13
The most random name i could get! :p
It was made out of pure imagination, when trying to name a character on Diablo 2. After that it just stuck with me in every forum, game, etc.
Probably not an exciting story, but yeah, there's no real meaning behind it! :)

Evelyn.
My name ;) with a "dot" at the end because just 'Evelyn' wasnt available actually my full name is Faith but i hate that so i just stick to Evelyn or Evie :)

x

Gothlegend
@ violent blossom lol yeah ;p

Titanium
18-08-08, 21:14
Im solid and durable. ;)

Edit: Okay, I just random thought of it. :p

Twilight
18-08-08, 22:45
i always see both sides of a story, usually take the middle road, like sunrises, etc.

dream raider
18-08-08, 22:49
I had merged my two favourite games together. :D

Dreamfall and Tomb Raider.

Moreover, I am a hunter of dreams in reality. I think...:p

b0bb13
18-08-08, 22:52
My nickname,which is bobby(that's why there's a 1,it acts like an i,so stop calling meh bob!xd) and my age when I registered.:D
It doesn't really mean anything special to me,but I like it!:hug:
And I'm glad I chose 13,because it's just cooler than other numbers!:ohn:
:p

MadCroy101
18-08-08, 22:58
I chose mine because Von Croy is crazy mad!:p