PDA

View Full Version : The Power of the Scion (...possible spoilers...)

josh2l
17-08-08, 04:10
obviously with the hype of the trailer, we've all been doing some serious thinking on Lara's next outing (Natla, Zip, Winston, yacht, Thor, bats, kung fu, belts). so here are my musings on something that i don't think has been talked about very much (and...if it has...close me down):

The Scion. What...exactly...is it? Is it destroyed? Is it lost? Does Natla / Amanda (assuming their contact) have it? Will it even be featured in TRU?

First things first - I personally believe it's not destroyed. CD had to have made a very conscious choice not to have us run back upstairs in the Atlantis shaft and blow it up in TRA (as was done in TR1). The last we see of the Scion is Lara's single bullet separating the three pieces - with at least one piece flying off the hub and making the hub go spinny crazy.

Where it is now is obviously complete mystery.

A further point I wanted to put down somewhere is that the Scion itself may provide an answer for at least why Tihocan was not in his tomb (in TRA). I believe that, once placed in Perú, Greece and Egypt, the pieces of the Scion acted as security devices, waking their overseers (Qualopec and Tihocan) from whatever "hibernation" state they were in. This would explain Qualopec's rising from his seat to chase Lara, as well as Tihocan's disappearance from his tomb. I think that a disturbance to any of the three pieces would awake the two kings simultaneously. This way, security measures could be put into place by the king whose piece wasn't just stolen - in the case of TRA, this would be Tihocan.

So! Wherever Tihocan actually is, I think that we will indeed see him, and whatever he's been preparing for 12 years as far as a plan to thwart Natla, in TRU.

The Scion...well...who knows? :confused:

Discuss, if you will.

RalKram
17-08-08, 04:17
Natla vs Amanda vs Lara = Scion vs Fluffy vs Excalibur...

...with Thor's Hammer thrown in for good measure....lol.

EDIT: ...err, i don't like Amanda's chances :D

Tomb of Legends
17-08-08, 04:30
Natla vs Amanda vs Lara = Scion vs Fluffy vs Excalibur...

...with Thor's Hammer thrown in for good measure....lol.

EDIT: ...err, i don't like Amanda's chances :D

This. Win.

Id love to see an epic battle at the end outside the gates of say...Avalon. All this godly power turns the battle into something that could end the world and maybe Tihocan and Lara's Mum stop it somehow? But fail and the game ends with you wondering if that all die? Cue TR9, which raps up TRU and starts a new story? :)

Just a thought.

josh2l
17-08-08, 04:38
^^^ i REALLY want this to be the end of the trilogy. not that the plot sucks or anything, but i need an end to this epic WILL LARA FIND HER MOTHER, AND WILL THAT SAVE THE WORLD FROM NATLA story. it's just way too suspenseful right now.

Dia2blo
17-08-08, 04:47
I'm guessing the scion will be rebuilt by natla, as an evil weapon that destroys planets. then this will happen:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm295/Dia2blo/iamurmumcopy.jpg

(sorry i just made it and wanted to use it somewhere :D)

Muhammad
17-08-08, 07:58
^
Oh no she di' n't! :D

TombRaiderCool
17-08-08, 08:06
Like I said in another thread Lara, in the original game goes back and destroys the scion yet in TR2 & TR3 she has it's remains in her trophy room.
Personally I think it will be in Underworld, residing in Lara's Trophy Room along with all of her other artifacts.
How Lara recovered the remains, I think they just put it in TR2 & TR3 to make players who played the original say " I remember that" as an easter egg, or maybe after the end FMV Lara returned the remains of Atlantis to look for the remains of the Scion.

TRno1fan
17-08-08, 22:49
I dnt think the scion will reappear or i hope it dosnt for some strange reason as i think the Scion is quite a `boring` artifact to say the least ALSO
In TR:1 the scion was never shot and did not explode but..
In TR:A CD made it hit causing it to split into 3 thus...

I think CD maybe done tht so the could use it in TR:U
who knows..? apart from CD :D

Anarae
17-08-08, 23:42
Like I said in another thread Lara, in the original game goes back and destroys the scion yet in TR2 & TR3 she has it's remains in her trophy room.
Personally I think it will be in Underworld, residing in Lara's Trophy Room along with all of her other artifacts.
How Lara recovered the remains, I think they just put it in TR2 & TR3 to make players who played the original say " I remember that" as an easter egg, or maybe after the end FMV Lara returned the remains of Atlantis to look for the remains of the Scion.

I was about to mention this. The Scion ended up in Lara's Relic Room, so it either wasn't destroyed, there's a little inconsistency, or Core didn't care about being correct and made an Easter Egg.

Dixie
17-08-08, 23:48
Remember, there was also the T-Rex head in the trophy room. Yet she didn't go back and chop it off, did she?

Tomb-Dude
18-08-08, 00:03
Remember, there was also the T-Rex head in the trophy room. Yet she didn't go back and chop it off, did she?

:vlol:

Just had funny image of Lara chopping it's head off :vlol:

but yeah this is interesting but like someone said who knows (apart from CD)

jeffrey van oort
18-08-08, 00:14
I'm guessing the scion will be rebuilt by natla, as an evil weapon that destroys planets. then this will happen:

If this happens.. I will eat my shoes:)

iamlaracroft
18-08-08, 00:15

We don't know that for certain...after all, her backpack was bottomless back then :p
Lara does have a life outside of what we see, stuff happens behind the scenes ;)

Scott x
18-08-08, 00:31
Although it doesn't answer anything.. it just makes more questions...

Lara went right up to Qualopec, she put her face right infront of his and he was obviously hibernating, dead, spirit was in Avalon?, whatever but when she picked up his part of the Scion he got up and everything started shaking. With Tihocan, Lara went over and opened the coffin but when she was pushing the lid off (not when she was looking in) Piere was picking up the part of the Scion but it didn't do anything (because Tihocan wasn't there?) In Egypt when Lara picked up Natla's part of the Scion everything started shaking and Natla must have just been coming around the corner.

Why didn't Natla just fly off and get the other parts of the Scion? We know she can touch them since she took the Scion from Lara and we know that Qualopec took Natla's piece off her.

I think Natla was powerless without her piece of the Scion which would also explain why out of these other ways to start the 7th age that she mentions she picks that one and would also explain why when Piere picks up Tihocan's piece nothing happened (because Tihocan wasn't near).

But that just makes you ask if Natla's powers are limited now, where Tihocan is, how long will it take Qualopec to get out, are they still immortal without the Scion, is the Scion destroyed or are only one or two pieces broken?

Well theres my wee theory :)

aussie500
18-08-08, 04:53
obviously with the hype of the trailer, we've all been doing some serious thinking on Lara's next outing (Natla, Zip, Winston, yacht, Thor, bats, kung fu, belts). so here are my musings on something that i don't think has been talked about very much (and...if it has...close me down):

The Scion. What...exactly...is it? Is it destroyed? Is it lost? Does Natla / Amanda (assuming their contact) have it? Will it even be featured in TRU?

First things first - I personally believe it's not destroyed. CD had to have made a very conscious choice not to have us run back upstairs in the Atlantis shaft and blow it up in TRA (as was done in TR1). The last we see of the Scion is Lara's single bullet separating the three pieces - with at least one piece flying off the hub and making the hub go spinny crazy.

A further point I wanted to put down somewhere is that the Scion itself may provide an answer for at least why Tihocan was not in his tomb (in TRA). I believe that, once placed in Perú, Greece and Egypt, the pieces of the Scion acted as security devices, waking their overseers (Qualopec and Tihocan) from whatever "hibernation" state they were in. This would explain Qualopec's rising from his seat to chase Lara, as well as Tihocan's disappearance from his tomb. I think that a disturbance to any of the three pieces would awake the two kings simultaneously. This way, security measures could be put into place by the king whose piece wasn't just stolen - in the case of TRA, this would be Tihocan.

So! Wherever Tihocan actually is, I think that we will indeed see him, and whatever he's been preparing for 12 years as far as a plan to thwart Natla, in TRU.

Discuss, if you will.

The scion would likely have no part in any future stories, it was destroyed, the Atlantian's probably never built it in the first place, the ancients would have since it contained all their knowledge. It was destroyed in TR1 and in TRA, it was only a few broken fragments that were seen in TR3. Also in TRA it was made clear that Natla had tainted the power of the scion, so it is unlikely they would have used it to create anything after that.

EmeraldFields
18-08-08, 06:08
If this happens.. I will eat my shoes:)

As would I!:p

Dia2blo
18-08-08, 07:14
As would I!:p

Its when Natla turns good at the end and throws amanda down some pit that everyone will truly go ape...:D

Logie 12 =]
18-08-08, 11:16
We might find out in Underworld
I hope so anyway :]

Fdx Croft
18-08-08, 14:57

Discuss, if you will.

Oh Yes! I would love if the scion makes a new appearance in TRu... maybe Natla has one of the 3 parts... ;) :jmp:

I wanted to post an image of the final, when Lara shoots the Scion, and one piece fly off the screen, but I cant because I use Windows Media Player, and when I paste it, it appears a black screen...

:hug:

tranniversary119
18-08-08, 16:06
Keep it destroyed I'd like Natla to focus on something different. Perhaps a new artifact.

aussie500
18-08-08, 16:32
Oh Yes! I would love if the scion makes a new appearance in TRu... maybe Natla has one of the 3 parts... ;) :jmp:

I wanted to post an image of the final, when Lara shoots the Scion, and one piece fly off the screen, but I cant because I use Windows Media Player, and when I paste it, it appears a black screen...

:hug:

If anyone would have salvaged Tihocan's piece l would think it would have been Lara, saving it as a memento, or in case daddy ever turned up. Natla was probably a bit occupied to have beaten Lara to it. 1 piece alone is no good to Natla anyway even if she could find another pyramid, she would need all three pieces.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/AE%20game/Tihocanspiecesurvives2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/AE%20game/Tihocanspiecesurvives.jpg

Poke Warrior
18-08-08, 16:36
Someone being eatten by a zombie because they have the pretty thing (the Scion)!
And Lara comes and saves them... well kinda- BANG!

josh2l
18-08-08, 17:10
someone being eatten by a zombie because they have the pretty thing (the scion)!
And lara comes and saves them... Well kinda- bang!

...what.

sonia voldemort
18-08-08, 17:17

sweetheart, this is Tomb Raider not Star Wars. If this happens it will be ridicuolus.:(

Zebra
18-08-08, 17:22

Natla wouldn't have screamed and jumped down the tower if it was just seperated into it's three pieces ;).

josh2l
18-08-08, 17:24
Natla wouldn't have screamed and jumped down the tower if it was just seperated into it's three pieces ;).

...i think she might've - just to prevent Lara from destroying any more of the scion (as she did in the original, too). she knows she can't die, so leaping down the shaft wouldn't be such a big deal for her; but risking the destruction of the scion was something she wasn't about to let happen.

Zebra
18-08-08, 17:37
...i think she might've - just to prevent Lara from destroying any more of the scion (as she did in the original, too). she knows she can't die, so leaping down the shaft wouldn't be such a big deal for her; but risking the destruction of the scion was something she wasn't about to let happen.

So why did she act like a loser when they met again?

sweetheart, this is Tomb Raider not Star Wars. If this happens it will be ridicuolus.:(

But than what Natla said would make sense: "You're here because you belong here, Lara!" :p

Candee Sparks
18-08-08, 17:41
I almost feel like gloating about Natla being back, IMDB was right all along and you all laughed at it. :p

The Scion, as we were told in Anniversary wasn't just a data disk just like it was portrayed in the original, it holds all the knowledge of the ancients. I guess there's no point in trying to figure any of this out really since once again one of us will probably hit the nail on the head and not realize it.

Now that Natla finally has been revealed, I won't try to dive into this game head on. I still want a game that will surprise me.

takamotosan
18-08-08, 18:01
I almost feel like gloating about Natla being back, IMDB was right all along and you all laughed at it. :p

...but it also said JANICE was gonna be in TRU.

now if that's true, then i will never again doubt IMDB.

Zebra
18-08-08, 18:18

That was just some crazy TR-fan (probably even from here) making a joke :p.

Candee Sparks
18-08-08, 19:04

Obviously someone played a practical joke, but even Grey's IMDB profile had Underworld listed for months and that is updated constantly. If it was really a joke, it would have been removed and for people to say otherwise obviously needed a bonk on the head.