PDA

View Full Version : It's a never ending cycle...

Teeth
18-08-08, 14:55
In TR1, people complained about the amount of animal killing, because of animal cruelty and stuff like that.

So in TR2 and 3, the animals were replaced with human enemies. People complained about the amount of human killing, saying it was gratuitous and unnecessary.

So in TR4 and 5, the humans were replaced with animal enemies. People complained about the amount of animal killing, because of animal cruelty and stuff like that.

So in Angel of Darkness and Legend, the animals were replaced with human enemies. People complained about the amount of human killing, saying it was gratuitous and unnecessary.

And now in Underworld, we're back to the animals, it seems. What feedback do you think the game will recieve for this? :p It seems that Lara doesn't have a lot left to kill that people won't complain about. She'll have to resort to plantlife and vegetation at this rate.

I can't wait for Tomb Raider: Vegetable Killer in 2009! :jmp:

Quasimodo
18-08-08, 14:56
Maybe Tomb Raider just isn't the right game for people who are so sensitive about killing polygon animals and pixel people.

Zebra
18-08-08, 14:57
Seems like you don't know that Lara will have a tranquilizer gun in TRU ;).

Quasimodo
18-08-08, 14:59
Seems like you don't know that Lara will have a tranquilizer gun in TRU ;).

Maybe in TR9 they'll add a "diplomatic solution" button for human enemies. Lara will hug them, compliment their shoes, or invite them to tea instead of shooting them.

Zebra
18-08-08, 15:00
Maybe in TR9 they'll add a "diplomatic solution" button for human enemies. Lara will hug them, compliment their shoes, or invite them to tea instead of shooting them.

Yes. And than they will get legal problems with EA because of "The Sims" :p.

Lenochka
18-08-08, 15:04
Which makes the Tranq gun a perfect addition, People act as if adding it is some kind of joke when really its the perfect solution to this "Leave the animals alone!:(:(:(:(:(" shiz, its not needed but it can be used if a person would prefer using it over gunning everything down.

Encore
18-08-08, 15:06
In TR1, people complained about the amount of animal killing, because of animal cruelty and stuff like that.

So in TR2 and 3, the animals were replaced with human enemies. People complained about the amount of human killing, saying it was gratuitous and unnecessary.

So in TR4 and 5, the humans were replaced with animal enemies. People complained about the amount of animal killing, because of animal cruelty and stuff like that.

So in Angel of Darkness and Legend, the animals were replaced with human enemies. People complained about the amount of human killing, saying it was gratuitous and unnecessary.

And now in Underworld, we're back to the animals, it seems. What feedback do you think the game will recieve for this? :p It seems that Lara doesn't have a lot left to kill that people won't complain about. She'll have to resort to plantlife and vegetation at this rate.

This is so true. Just goes to prove you can't please everyone. I'm kinda glad they added the tranquilizer gun, not that I'll be using it, but this way the obsessed people that are too sensitive about killing animals in a VIDEO GAME will have no excuses left.

Muhammad
18-08-08, 15:09
Vegetables have feelings too, STOP THE MURDER.

Fdx Croft
18-08-08, 15:09
Maybe Tomb Raider just isn't the right game for people who are so sensitive about killing polygon animals and pixel people.

Right Quasi... Im a big animals lover, but this, its a game, I cant complain why not to kill a polygon animal...

Also, in TRU, weīll be able to tranquilize... what more do you want?? :confused:

And Im sure that a lot of people, who think is bad to kill a bengal tiger in Thailand, wont think 2 times in kill an "ugly spider" (its a living being too)

Jumpman Junior
18-08-08, 15:11

LOL! very well said!

Achilles_DS
18-08-08, 15:11
i have never had the urge to go out and hunt tigers as a result of playing Tomb Raider..

cardmonster
18-08-08, 15:13
It's just think it's a sign of how sophisticated games have become - Solid Snake is able to tranquillise his adversaries at the player's discretion and there's no reason why Lara shouldn't be able to do the same.

I don't really get the whole "this ought to shut them up" argument - it's simply a case of the developers making the game world more complete and realistic.

aussie500
18-08-08, 15:18
l think its just a sign Tomb Raider fans like complaining, most might not but a very vocal minority does, and its not just Lara's latest adversaries they complain about either, it is just about everything, even if they like the game they have to complain about something. Great game, but it was not Tomb Raider would have to be one of the worst, it has Lara and she is raiding tombs, therefore it is a Tomb Raider game.

Lenochka
18-08-08, 15:23
^^^
Indeed, it almost seems like people are looking for things to ***** about.

Encore
18-08-08, 15:24
l think its just a sign Tomb Raider fans like complaining, most might not but a very vocal minority does, and its not just Lara's latest adversaries they complain about either, it is just about everything, even if they like the game they have to complain about something. Great game, but it was not Tomb Raider would have to be one of the worst, it has Lara and she is raiding tombs, therefore it is a Tomb Raider game.

A lot of people who complained about Lara killing animals weren't even TR fans though.

I don't really get the whole "this ought to shut them up" argument - it's simply a case of the developers making the game world more complete and realistic.

Wow........ just wow. This is just how far pure fanboyism goes. :D

Quasimodo
18-08-08, 15:31
A lot of people who complained about Lara killing animals weren't even TR fans though.

Wow........ just wow. This is just how far pure fanboyism goes. :D

:pi:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/believe-1.jpg

He might have a point there, though. If you were Lara, wouldn't you carry along a tranquilizer gun, knowing you'd be encountering endangered species?

Encore
18-08-08, 15:36
ROFL @ the poster :vlol:

And if you were Lara wouldn't you carry around a headset? :mis:

There's lots of stuff about Lara Croft and TR that aren't realistic anyways.

Muhammad
18-08-08, 15:40
l think its just a sign Tomb Raider fans like complaining,

I think you nailed it there, Aussie. :tmb:

I'm not saying it is a bad thing though. Fans complain, CD listens, its the circle of life.

There's lots of stuff about Lara Croft and TR that aren't realistic anyways.

That is why CD (And Core before them, in AOD) strived for realism. AOD has the most realistic Lara to date (Her physical capabilities) and TRL has the headset, no medipacks in long abandoned Tombs, et cetera

Encore
18-08-08, 15:53
.. and that sucks.

nomedo
18-08-08, 16:02
i wonder what special edition versions of the games i must have, cause in the TR games ive played the human/animal enemies were never replaced :confused:

tranniversary119
18-08-08, 16:04
The tranq is used to shut those people up. I understand animal killing is violent, and disgusting but seriously people A GAME? I mean now that I've seen Lara kill a panther I'm going to run along and attempt to kill one :rolleyes:

Muhammad
18-08-08, 16:04
.. and that sucks IMO

Fixed ;)

Goth Lara
18-08-08, 18:12
I dont care ether way. if the human/ animal is a treat to me, then I kill, kill, KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yah:

Gotta love blood:mis:

jeffrey van oort
18-08-08, 18:15
There actually already has been vegetation that attacked Lara in AOD.
:)
I don't think that killing the tigers will be very much liked by environment activists..
We'll see so lets go :)

Zebra
18-08-08, 18:16
I dont care ether way. if the human/ animal is a treat to me, then I kill, kill, KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yah:

Did you get that quote from Heavenly Sword :p?

Chris.Talg0
18-08-08, 18:18

i guess that would apply to everyone who would WANT to use that stupid tranquilizer. seriously, these arent real people or animals shes shooting at. its a GAME. and wont that tranquilizer ruin all the fun because its like a one shot thing?

iamlaracroft
18-08-08, 18:25

...or we could have a button where she raises her top a little to show those rather lonely mercs her goodies and, you know, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to lend her a helping hand (or two :mis:) to assist her in reaching that white ledge.

As for the animals...they'd probably do the same thing for a glimpse of Lara's lovely lady humps ;)
Raja from Aladdin anyone? :D

Wicked
18-08-08, 18:28
Wonderful summary :p
I agree, let's shoot daisies and sunflowers :jmp:

New2Ya
18-08-08, 19:02

Die, evil potatoe, DIE!!

Lara Croft Fan Joe
18-08-08, 19:08
I'm glad the emphasis is being put more on exploration, and that we are given a choise of how to tackle enemies, as opposed to 'kill everyone, grab old thing'.

elizard_9594
18-08-08, 20:19
I'm glad the emphasis is being put more on exploration, and that we are given a choise of how to tackle enemies, as opposed to 'kill everyone, grab old thing'.

very well said LCFJ very well said
but this whole thing with no human/animals is very frustrating :hea:

PBARBERE6
18-08-08, 20:30
People Are just to sensitive :o

Lara Croft!
18-08-08, 20:39
The tranquilizer will offer animal lovers not to hurt the animals. Although all these complaints are just plain silly. It's just a videogame!

Dixie
18-08-08, 20:42
The tranquilizer will offer animal lovers not to hurt the animals. Although all these complaints are just plain silly. It's just a videogame!

Don't forget the people lovers!

Quasimodo
18-08-08, 20:45
...or we could have a button where she raises her top a little to show those rather lonely mercs her goodies and, you know, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to lend her a helping hand (or two :mis:) to assist her in reaching that white ledge.

As for the animals...they'd probably do the same thing for a glimpse of Lara's lovely lady humps ;)
Raja from Aladdin anyone? :D

I've actually wondered why Lara hasn't done something like that in the game already. Really! Like there'd be a cutscene where she saunters out with her top off and her back to us (the camera). Then we'd see the mercs' eyes wide open and their jaws drop right before she mows them down with a pair of SMGs. :vlol:
"Heheh. Suckers."

iamlaracroft
18-08-08, 21:04
I've actually wondered why Lara hasn't done something like that in the game already. Really! Like there'd be a cutscene where she saunters out with her top off and her back to us (the camera). Then we'd see the mercs' eyes wide open and their jaws drop right before she mows them down with a pair of SMGs. :vlol:
"Heheh. Suckers."

Right? Exactly--like, they drop their weapons and hold their hands up--without even the threat of being shot-- and simply mutter "oh god...yes....go easy on us..."

:cln: :mis:

Lara Croft!
18-08-08, 21:22
Don't forget the people lovers!

The designers should have made a new feature for human lovers. Instead of killing them.. http://img.pixelsucht.de/hawaii/feast-at-lele.jpg
ENTERTAIN THEM!!!!

Camera Obscura
18-08-08, 21:26
Soon you'll have people angry because Lara hurts the trees. :rolleyes:

Ariel
18-08-08, 22:29
First of all there are more vilont games then TR,
and second it's a game and no one really gets hurt so if someone dosen't see the differences between a game and realty then they souldn't be playing games at all.

Henpen
18-08-08, 22:33
Vegetables have feelings too, STOP THE MURDER.

Yeah Lara...

Stop unnecessary rainforest vine slashing!

Twilight
18-08-08, 22:35

same here.

Dakaruch
18-08-08, 22:39
To me this doesn't have nothing to do with people always complaining, neither being too sesitive. The thing is that having too much animals, or too much human enemies becomes annoying and boring at a certain time.
The thing is that i don't care if either we have to kill humans or animals, i just don't want a huge amount of enemies that makes me wonder if i'm playing an FPS or an Action/Adventure game.
I can perfectly live with both animals and human enemies, which seems what CD is doing with this game. As long as they don't put too many of those there i don't complain. And it sure would be nice to see the animals killing the mercs aswell, instead of only attacking Lara.
That way i think that the game wouldn't become repetitive, and it would be truly enjoyable.
About people complaining about killing animals, and/or humans, well it's up to them. If the game is rated according to it's degree of gore and violence, then i don't see why those organizations should be constantly complaining. Those are not real animals, and people won't start killing animals just because they kill animals on a video game. Unless that those people already have some kind of mental problem...

dream raider
18-08-08, 22:40

Agreed. I really like how this strategy has evolved.

Tombraiderx08
18-08-08, 22:44
peoples are bein pansys! like you would try to harm somethin that is intentionally trying to end your life and threaten the entire world "oh but we are civilized now" psh civilized means not letting anythin stop you in yer way to kill natla the evil biznitch, findin mum n pop, and being able to stay home for awhile! :D

Henpen
18-08-08, 23:06
You may be right

Review:

After the sightseeing tour, I climb down various pillars to land in a brook leading up to the entrance to some ruins. Itís here I see some ferocious tigers and get a taste of how the combat system has changed. Lara can aim at two different enemies automatically using her two handguns, and can also use various melee moves to stun her targets. If I didnít fancy gunning down the tigers I had the option to use tranquilliser darts to send them to sleep for a while. Unfortunately, they were annoying me greatly so I had to use violent force. Gung ho! baby.