PDA

View Full Version : Woman gives birth to 7 babies

Lara Croft!
18-08-08, 18:11
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/08/16/2008118632.jpg

CAIRO, Egypt A 27-year-old Egyptian woman gave birth to septuplets early Saturday in the coastal city of Alexandria, family members and the hospital director said.

Ghazala Khamis was in good condition after having a blood transfusion during her Caesarean section due to bleeding, said Emad Darwish, director of the El-Shatbi Hospital where she gave birth.

The newborns, four boys and three girls, weigh between 3.2 pounds and 6.17 pounds and are in stable condition, Darwish said. They have been placed in incubators in four different hospitals that have special premature-baby units, he said.

"This is a very rare pregnancy something I have never witnessed over my past 33 years in this profession," Darwish said.

Darwish decided to carry out the Caesarean section at the end of Khamis' eighth month of pregnancy due to the pressure on her kidneys. He said Khamis, who already has three daughters, took fertility drugs in an effort to have a son.

Khamis, the wife of a farmer in the northern Egyptian province of Beheira, was admitted to the hospital two months earlier, Darwish said.

"From the initial checkup, I say that none of the babies have any sort of deformities or incomplete organs," Darwish said.

The woman's brother, Khamis Khamis, said even though his sister was trying to conceive more children so she could have a son, the family was astonished when they found out she would give birth to multiple babies.

"We thought about an abortion, but then we felt it's religiously forbidden. So we said, 'Let God's will prevail,' " he said.

The family plans to name the seven children today, and so far, they have received assistance from Egypt's health minister who announced the babies will get free milk and diapers for two years, Khamis Khamis said.

Copyright 2008 The Seattle Times Company

Source: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008119272_septuplets17.html

I guess the fertility pills were really good!:) It's pretty amazing having 7 babies, but I can't even imagine how hard it must be psychologically, physically and economically for a family to get by. Let alone they already have three children.

Would you like to have twins ot triplets etc? Personally, I wouldn't, one at a time is already too much to take. It's a nice thing of the government to help them though. I saw the mother on the news, she looked exhausted and asked people to help her financially.

And a cute Youtube video that came to my mind when I saw the story.... zkB9uoBFbZY

Nannonxyay
18-08-08, 18:12
Oh my gosh. That's truly amazing. It's fascinating. :yik:

star-dust
18-08-08, 18:13
Congratulations to her & her family. :D

What I don't like is all this hype about having seven babies when the birth wasn't even natural.

If ever a woman gives birth to seven babies without fertility treatments, then it'll be time to really woop for joy.

And yes, I would love to have triplets. :p Twins would be swell too. I don't know, I think I'd be able to handle it. :)

marla_singer
18-08-08, 18:13
I bet the birth was a very fun experience for her then :pi:

Very interesting though...

Angelx14
18-08-08, 18:14
Great news for the family. That's quite a lot.

Would you like to have twins ot triplets etc?

Twins, yes. Triplets? No. It's always the bestt o have two children, because then they learn how to share. Three or more is a little bit too much.

oocladableeblah
18-08-08, 18:14
omg that is crazy so what are the like twins, but as sevenlets :D idk what the term would be for that.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
18-08-08, 18:15
How the heck did she fit all of them inside herself!

Nannonxyay
Congratulations to her & her family. :D

What I don't like is all this hype about having seven babies when the birth wasn't even natural.

If ever a woman gives birth to seven babies without fertility treatments, then it'll be time to really woop for joy.

Yeah, but the fact that she wasn't expecting it was a shocker. :yik: She only wanted a son. She ended up with 7 babies instead. :D

remote91
...so did she finally get a son then? :p

oocladableeblah
18-08-08, 18:16
omg that would suck if she didn't imagine that giving birth to seven babies wanting a son and then not getting one.

toxicraider
18-08-08, 18:16
My word, it's truely incredible how one child can grow inside a human, and twins are amazing but 7! at once!

I hope they are all healthy

Nannonxyay
18-08-08, 18:17

Yes. 4 of them. :D

Paperdoll

4 actually. And three daughters. It's on the news now.

remote91
Yes. 4 of them. :D
Ohhh yey for her then.

I didnt see it in the article, I must find wherever I left my reading glasses :p

EDIT: I see it now, how the hell did I miss it?!

patriots88888
While it may not be the most i've heard of, it still is truly amazing. How is it even possible for a woman to carry so many at one time? Thanks for the interesting article Lara Croft!. :)

digitizedboy
18-08-08, 18:18
ouch!

toxicraider
18-08-08, 18:18
ouch!

I thought that when i read the title lol

TombRaiderCool
18-08-08, 18:23
Congratulations to her and her family. :)

Lenochka
18-08-08, 18:30
Damn, that poor woman... to basically having to push out a parade :S

EgyptianSoul
18-08-08, 18:31
A living baby factory. :cool:

Hopefully she and her children are alright.

SamReeves
18-08-08, 19:07
That's amazing. Good find Lora. :)

Greenkey2
18-08-08, 19:12
Um, congrats to her and husband... I guess :eek: That's a lot of sleepless nights.

Flatpack. Welcome to the Ikea age :p

rickybazire
18-08-08, 19:31

That's my thought with twins and above.

Congratulations her, lol :D.

Lara Croft!
18-08-08, 19:39

Welcome to the Ikea age :p

omg that would suck if she didn't imagine that giving birth to seven babies wanting a son and then not getting one.

Damn, that poor woman... to basically having to push out a parade :S

Some of your comments really cracked me up!!!:D:D:D

xMiSsCrOfTx
18-08-08, 19:40

:vlol:

Congrats, and may god be with her and her husband :yik:

Welcome to the Ikea age :p

:vlol:

peeves
18-08-08, 19:53
BTW does anyone know any mum's that gave birth to octuplets and all 8 babies survived? I want it to happen because 7 ain't lucky enough 8 is my lucky number not 7.

Kerrigan
18-08-08, 20:01
Wow, that's amazing, I wonder how she looked like when she was pregnant.And how she managed to move.
And I thought having twins would be difficult, although it sounds interesting.:p I certainly wouldn't want to be in her place.

Lara Croft!
18-08-08, 21:25
Babies...... So cute you can never have enough...
http://www.babybingo.com/plastic_babies/medium-babies-galore.gif

Crimson Tears
18-08-08, 21:28
Dang, seven babies?! I'd probaly die If I gave birth that much XD This is intresting, I congradulate her and her kids. lol. I can just imagine how it must feel O_O Must've been tough. XD

Dark Lugia 2
18-08-08, 22:24
Imagine that birthday. :p haha, congrats to both of them.

dream raider
18-08-08, 22:32
Amazing! Congratulations to her and her family! So sweet! :hug:

Twilight
18-08-08, 22:42
"He said Khamis, who already has three daughters, took fertility drugs in an effort to have a son."

that's so....selfish. they couldn't be happy that they have 3 daughters? no, they need More because they want a son. oh, and lets not forget all the overpopulation in the world.

Draco
18-08-08, 23:04
I think I'd be happy with one.

peeves
18-08-08, 23:19
Well I still wish there were a set of surviving octuplets that none of them were stillbirth. Oh well you can't always get whatcha want.:(

cbragg09
19-08-08, 00:15
im a twin and i have an older brother, and we got along just fine. its true. you learn and grow better with a compantion such as a twin

infact i dont know what id do without him

Shrantellatessa
19-08-08, 01:21
Very cute news, but they remind of me Apu (The Simpsons) :)

Candee Sparks
19-08-08, 01:26
OW!

How the heck can you pop out that many friggen kids?

Quasimodo
19-08-08, 01:32
Reminds me of the Duggar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bob_Duggar)family. *shakes head* It's not like it's the middle ages and maybe 3 kids out of the 12 a family had would survive to help work on the farm. The more kids a family has, the less attention each child gets from the parents. Is this really necessary?

rowanlim
19-08-08, 02:00
7? I'm glad they are all fine :tmb:

I'd personally never want to put my uterus through all that...trauma :D

EmeraldFields
19-08-08, 02:01
OMG!! That seems dangerous!:yik:

Death Mask
19-08-08, 03:38
Damn... :eek: