PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking GPU-need advice!

Ivan92
19-08-08, 05:10
OK now i've overclocked my gigabyte nvidia GeForce 8800GTs(512MB)
I've increased the core by 110Mhz and the memory clock by 173Mhz, and also I increased the fan speed from 37% to 71% and everything seems fine but how will I know if it isn't? I mean first I see everythings fine and the next thing I know is that My GPU melted.I dont want that to happen to me so if anybody tell me what are the main symptoms that my system will show if I overclocked my GPU too much I would be very greatful:)

EscondeR
19-08-08, 06:11
1. To know temperatures of your GPU and VRAM you can use EVEREST (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html).

2. Symptoms:

Slowdown
FPS drop
Texture drop
Graphical glitches - colored pixels/lines

BTW, what program did you use to overclock?

Ivan92
19-08-08, 06:18
1. To know temperatures of your GPU and VRAM you can use EVEREST (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html).

2. Symptoms:

Slowdown
FPS drop
Texture drop
Graphical glitches - colored pixels/lines

BTW, what program did you use to overclock?

Riva Tuner version 2.09 I heard it's the best for overclocking :D
I aalready have a program that measures temperature it's called GPU-Z, but I dont know wich temperature is considered overheating. My recent temperature is 50 degres.Is it too much?

EscondeR
19-08-08, 06:34
Riva Tuner version 2.09 I heard it's the best for overclocking :D
I aalready have a program that measures temperature it's called GPU-Z, but I dont know wich temperature is considered overheating. My recent temperature is 50 degres.Is it too much?

Yup Riva Tuner is the best - it shows you the safe range of overclocking besides.

50 centigrade is low, nothing to worry about. You must consider installing better cooling system or lower the frequency if you come over 80 under load.

Ivan92
19-08-08, 06:35
Thank you for your help:)

Lara_Zoz2006
19-08-08, 07:11
Ok i just downloaded the software coz when i first got this pc it was OC by the factory to 3.67Ghz, but someone came and chnaged the motherbaord an graphics cards and now its just 3ghz so how do i get it back up to 3.67 :hug:

EscondeR
19-08-08, 07:15
^ To change the CPU clock you need to use BIOS settings.

Try first entering BIOS (by pressing F2 or Del at boot) and reset settings to defaults - this will make BIOS determine your CPU type and settings automatically, so it must return to factory settings.

Riva Tuner is used to alter GPU frequencies only - not your case.

Lara_Zoz2006
19-08-08, 07:18
^ To change the CPU clock you need to use BIOS settings.

Try first entering BIOS (by pressing F2 or Del at boot) and reset settings to defaults - this will make BIOS determine your CPU type and settings automatically, so it must return to factory settings.

Riva Tuner is used to alter GPU frequencies only - not your case.

Oh ok will reseting factory settings wipe windows or anything ?

EscondeR
19-08-08, 07:28
Nope, obviously. Nothing to do with Windows :)

Lara_Zoz2006
19-08-08, 08:18
:hug:Nope, obviously. Nothing to do with Windows :)

yeahhhhh i did it thankl u