PDA

View Full Version : Leipzig 2008

Agent 47
19-08-08, 15:59
This GC is just a few hours away (under 24 to be exact) so here's all you need to know :D

all times are CET

20 August 2008

09:00 :Electronic Arts...
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
the Godfather II

10:00 :Konami...

09:00 :Ubisoft...
Prince of Persia
HAWX
Shaun White Snowboarding
EndWar
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Far Cry 2

14:00 :Activision...
Guitar Hero IV
James Bond: Quantum of Solace
Fracture
Force Unleashed
Call of Duty 5: World at War

17:00 :Sony...
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2
Infamous
PlayStation Home
Killzone 2
Free Realms
Heavy Rain
The Agency
DC Universe Online

17:00 :Codemasters...
Rise of Argonauts
Damnation
Operation Flashpoint 2

15:00 :Midway...
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Wheelman
This is Vegas

15:00 :Warner Bros...
Space Chimps
Project Origin
LEGO Batman
Wanted

15:00 :Atari...
Alone in the Dark
Race Pro
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Heroes over Europe
New Title Dragonball Z

21 August 2008

14:00 :Koch Media...
Sacred 2
Ride to Hell

14:00 :Sega...
Storm Rise
Alpha Protocol
Bayonetta
Sonic Unleashed

(TRU will also be there but i don't know if gets an actual presentation or just a stand)

Sony are the manufacturer at Leipzig this year ;)

Games for the PLAYSTATION®3 on show at Leipzig 2008!
Alone in the Dark
Alpha Protocol
Bayonetta
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Bolt
Borderlands
Call of Duty: World at War
Damnation
Dark Void
DarkSiders: Wrath of War
Dead Space
FaceBreaker
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FIFA Soccer 09
Fracture
Gothic 4
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Heavy Rain
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
Infamous
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace: The Game
Just Cause 2
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
MotoGP '08
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
NBA 2K9
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
Overlord 2
Prince of Persia
Pure
Rage Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Ride to Hell
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Revolution
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Socom:Confrontation
Sonic Unleashed
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Stormrise
Street Fighter 4
The Last Remnant
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
TNA Impact!
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Tomb Raider Underworld
Wheelman
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009

(mostly multiplat titles above plus the odd exclusive (PS3 has games!!! shock horror)

oocladableeblah
19-08-08, 15:59
How did I know this was the thread you were making :D
Thanks.

VonCroy360
19-08-08, 16:07
Just if someone hasn't noticed yet, IGN has a nice and simple table of Leipzig news and updates for plenty of titles here (http://games.ign.com/index/gc/2008/), and it's supposed to be update as they get the news. :)

EDIT: I'm just extremly excited about Heavy Rain - finally something! :jmp:

Agent 47
19-08-08, 16:22
How did I know this was the thread you were making :D
Thanks.

probably because i knew a limited no' of folks would be greatful :D

TombRaiderCool
19-08-08, 16:59
Thanks for this, I wish I could go. :(

Trigger_happy
19-08-08, 17:09
EDIT: I'm just extremly excited about Heavy Rain - finally something! :jmp:

Have you seen the new screens? They were added into an interview with the Company director (Mr. Cage) and I think they show off some of the characters.

Archetype
19-08-08, 17:18
Leipzig fails, only sony who's actually doing anything.

Smells most of the time there.

VonCroy360
19-08-08, 17:20
Have you seen the new screens? They were added into an interview with the Company director (Mr. Cage) and I think they show off some of the characters.

I did, but I sure hope they're going to give us something more than that in Leipzig, especially after the game not being mentioned once on E3.

Trigger_happy
19-08-08, 17:23
Didn't it have a private showing? I heard something about one display that the Press were unable to comment on for legal reasons or something.

interstellardave
19-08-08, 17:27
So Nintendo and MS aren't there at all? Weird...

Agent 47
19-08-08, 17:56
So Nintendo and MS aren't there at all? Weird...

nope, just Sony

good for us PS3 owners i suppose, and Sony also, extra coverage/air time for what they have to show :D

maybe the other two will show up at the Tokyo event instead

it is also said not only do Sony have the above listed games on show but that they also have 12 separate announcements to make regarding it's product range (PS2,PSP,PS3) trying to verify that though

good news for us if they do have additional announcements to make :jmp:(even if it's just 1st party stuff)

tombraiderxii
19-08-08, 18:00
you have to show us videos of TRU, PoP, RE5, SH: Homecoming, PS3 Home, and much more at the convention!!!!!

Dakaruch
19-08-08, 18:05
I'm particularly interested on PoP, Rise of the Argonauts, and Sacred 2. :D
I was expecting to see Blizzard there though, they were supposed to show more about Starcraft 2 and perhaps Diablo 3 on it...
It is going to have some private stands though right? For the press and some invited folks...

TombRaiderLover
19-08-08, 18:09
The Godfather II, eh? I only recently found out this game was in the works. I loved the films, and I enjoyed the previous game, so this should be interesting.

VonCroy360
19-08-08, 18:11
Didn't it have a private showing? I heard something about one display that the Press were unable to comment on for legal reasons or something.

Yes, but the public hasn't heard anything, neither form the publisher nor from the press, which is really surprising if they're still planning to release this year. :(

Samsdad
19-08-08, 18:12
nope, just Sony

good for us PS3 owners i suppose, and Sony also, extra coverage/air time for what they have to show :D

maybe the other two will show up at the Tokyo event instead

it is also said not only do Sony have the above listed games on show but that they also have 12 separate announcements to make regarding it's product range (PS2,PSP,PS3) trying to verify that though

good news for us if they do have additional announcements to make :jmp:(even if it's just 1st party stuff)

Are you attending?

Agent 47
19-08-08, 18:15
Are you attending?

i wish, don't even own a passport :D

i'll be following the news online like mostly everyone else :(

Zebra
19-08-08, 18:19

The screens were previously released on some foreign game site. Not new to me ;).

interstellardave
19-08-08, 18:29
Rise Of The Argonauts looks awesome to me! It's multiplatform too, so everyone should check it out when the time comes.

Zebra
19-08-08, 18:30
I'm looking forward to seeing Alpha Protocol, Tomb Raider: Underworld and Mirror's Edge.

nickp364
20-08-08, 01:13
Heavy Rain! :jmp:

Endow
20-08-08, 01:41

Dingaling
20-08-08, 14:08
Just to correct something: Microsoft are attending but they have no press conference and they're only showcasing themselves with demos and booths. It's only Nintendo that are an absolute no show.

Considering Europe is Sony's largest Playstation fanbase it's no surprise they have such a large interest in Leipzig.

Their conference starts in a few minutes: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=218944

Updates (from IGN):

He's here to talk about Heavy Rain today. Key points: This will be mature/serious content. It's going to be accessible. It's going to be an emotional experience (moral choices and the like, the player will be playing the story).

David Cage, with Quantic Dream takes the stage. This is the big one. People applaud happily. "After being silent for a while, we're proud to be in Leipzig." He references Noman Soul, Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and then The Casting, that sweet technical demo that we all saw a while ago.

Your Virtual Pet. I thought it was something else, but I guess we're going to be raising 3D virtual pets with the power of the PS3. Trailer time. Using EyeToy, you can interact through the video and the little creature reacts to your gestures in real time. It shows it finishing in your drawings for you, after you've scanned it in, including making a fully functional little car. Now it's playing dress up. Crazy. Actual looks pretty cute, but let's see if the game is actually as awesome as the guitar-filled trailer.

Let's move on to something created out of Sony's London studio. The speaker is building this up, it better be good.... I have a feeling it's -- wait -- EyePet!

GONNA BE DISNEY SONGS IN SINGSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, new service to play the tracks from our PS2 versions of the SingStar games onto your PS3! Just throw in the PS2 disc and you can grab the tracks! This will be available through a firmware update.

SingStar and the SingStore have proven to be incredibly popular. 2.2 million track downloads to date. SingStar for the win!

Music and video are focal points for the PAL territories. Streaming service will be launched Q1 of next year. Music download service will be Q3 of next year. Ah, to clarify then, there will be two services for boths streaming and downloading. Groovy.

You can use this streaming content to create custom playlists and it can be accessed via Remote Play on your PSP, and also including phone support. Wow, I'm actually pretty impressed by that

Speaker is -- again -- pleased to announce a new music service for 23 PAL territories. VidZones. It's going to be seperate from the already established video service. Intriguing. Unlimited streaming of music on demand, totally FREE of charge. Um, all kinds of awesome? Yes, yes it is.

LittleBigPlanet to be released on the 29th of October in the PAL territories. Host has high hopes for this game, as do I. Speaker is also pleased to announced a wireless keypad for PS3. It latches on to the top of the controller, kinda' like the 360 keypad, except for the top instead of the bottom. In my opinion, it looks a little bit... gigantic. It will be released in 8 different langauges. The keypad will also have mouse input as well, which could be quite handy

Speaker says they're announcing a special, limited edition 160 GB PS3 with the same specs, just more HD space. Priced 449 Euros. Will include 70 Euros of additional downloadable game content

The host talks shortly about Kaz Hirai. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that Kaz is the man. So, PS3 has a great year. Sales have grown to over 14 million worldwide, and 5.8 million through the end of July -- that's in the PAL territories. Friday of this week, 80 gig PS3 available!!!!! 399 Euros.

PSP 3000 will have built-in microphone and enhanced screen.

thanatos
20-08-08, 16:08
I wish they would hurry up and make these Heavy Rain videos available to the public!

Not sure on why they are already releasing an update to the PSP after the recent release of the slim, guess the lack of microphone in the slim has limited its skype use a bit. Sony get to keep the price at it's peak if they keep releasing new versions as well.

Sony certainly haven't announced anything spectacular enough to convert anyone else away from the 360 (disney songs?!! woot woot!) but it's still been an interesting convention, just hope they don't wait too long to put the Heavy Rain, POP and LBP vids up.

Agent 47
20-08-08, 17:11
MP260in3ph4

new Heavy Rain footage (game out 2009) :(

LBP release date 29 October :D (UK/Europe)
Bioshock (PS3) 21st Oct (US) 24th Oct (UK/Europe)

:jmp:

MadCroy101
20-08-08, 17:18
I can't go to leizpig because I'm poor:)

oocladableeblah
20-08-08, 17:18
MP260in3ph4

Cool. Oh bioshock is coming in oct. I thought it was coming in nov. can't wait :jmp:

b0bb13
20-08-08, 17:27
Your Virtual Pet. I thought it was something else, but I guess we're going to be raising 3D virtual pets with the power of the PS3. Trailer time. Using EyeToy, you can interact through the video and the little creature reacts to your gestures in real time. It shows it finishing in your drawings for you, after you've scanned it in, including making a fully functional little car. Now it's playing dress up. Crazy. Actual looks pretty cute, but let's see if the game is actually as awesome as the guitar-filled trailer.

Let's move on to something created out of Sony's London studio. The speaker is building this up, it better be good.... I have a feeling it's -- wait -- EyePet!

Oh Mah Gawd!:cln:
Can't wait to see how it looks!:jmp:
I'm also curious to see PSP3000,although I probably still won't change my 1000,because it's big.The bigger the better.:D

MP260in3ph4

Wow!It looks amazing!But I don't like that lady!The first one was better!:(:p
LBP FTW!:yah:

oocladableeblah
20-08-08, 17:32
Oh Mah Gawd!:cln:
Can't wait to see how it looks!:jmp:
I'm also curious to see PSP3000,although I probably still won't change my 1000,because it's big.The bigger the better.:D
:
3000 and 1000? What are those numbers for?

b0bb13
20-08-08, 17:36
3000 and 1000? What are those numbers for?

The first PSPs,the fat ones are 1000,then Slim which is 2000,and this new one is 3000.:)

amiro1989
20-08-08, 18:34
MP260in3ph4

The graphics are wow, but the gameplay doesn't look that interesting... It looks like an interactive movie...

b0bb13
20-08-08, 18:38
OMG!EyePet is the cutest game ever!And it's not on the Wii,Lol!:D

aPENA1Bpm68

This is even cuter than LBP!:jmp::yah:
I just wanna :gki: that cute furrball!:hug:

Rivendell
20-08-08, 18:39
Ahh boob. Not a peep about Uncharted 2?

Agent 47
20-08-08, 18:43
Ahh boob. Not a peep about Uncharted 2?

Leipzig is a 3 day event, don't give up on Uncharted 2 after just 1 day.Sony might have more news ;)

(which is being hinted at via people at Leipzig posting on the official boards)

VonCroy360
20-08-08, 20:34
IGN has more info on Heavy Rain here (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/898/898580p1.html) and it seems that the events from the trailer will never be featured in the game itself, but everything else sounds amazing. :cln:

EDIT: Have you seen the new Mirror's Edge gameplay video? Click (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/949457/mirrors-edge/videos/MirrorsEdge_082008.html). Amazing! :cln::cln:

Apofiss
20-08-08, 21:22
Heavy Rain footage in HD http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38635.html :tmb:

LegenDarY
20-08-08, 21:40
Did anybody see the new wireless keyboard for the PS3? Looks pretty cool:

http://www.gamingonly.nl/images/screenshots/1219250456/ori_01.jpg

http://www.gamingonly.nl/images/screenshots/1219250456/ori_02.jpg

b0bb13
20-08-08, 22:16
^Wow!They look really nice!So,when can we buy one?:D

LegenDarY
20-08-08, 23:03
^Wow!They look really nice!So,when can we buy one?:D

Unfortunately, none of the articles mentioned a releasedate.

oocladableeblah
20-08-08, 23:05
That keyboard is exactly what I need. Very nice, sick of using a keyboard with a cord and with buttons that barely work :vlol:
That pet thing looks cool and the little furball is cute, but still not worth $60 plus money for eye.

b0bb13
20-08-08, 23:07
Unfortunately, none of the articles mentioned a releasedate.

*sigh*
:(
Oh well,at least we know it'll come eventually.:)
Finally sending a message won't require 10 minutes.:p

Dark Lugia 2
20-08-08, 23:25

aPENA1Bpm68

cutest game ever!!! :D *melts*

Fallen.Angel
21-08-08, 00:51

aPENA1Bpm68

I'm so going to get that whenever it comes out! Adorable!

b0bb13
21-08-08, 15:09
^Woot!I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes it!:D

And OMG!LBP is gonna be Epic!:eek:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20909

Agent 47
21-08-08, 15:15
^Woot!I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes it!:D

And OMG!LBP is gonna be Epic!:eek:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20909

Sackboy ftw :jmp:

i'm 90% sure i'll buy this,interested in the user generated content aspect :D (plus i don't have a game beginning with letter L yet) :vlol:

b0bb13
21-08-08, 15:22
Sackboy ftw :jmp:

i'm 90% sure i'll buy this,interested in the user generated content aspect :D (plus i don't have a game beginning with letter L yet) :vlol:

Only 90%?!:p
Lol!But you do have Lara Croft:Tomb Raider.:vlol::p

Agent 47
21-08-08, 15:36
Only 90%?!:p
Lol!But you do have Lara Croft:Tomb Raider.:vlol::p

i don't recognise that title,all i see is Tomb Raider ;)

but to answer your question, yes i have 2 TR under that title :D

b0bb13
21-08-08, 15:40

Hehe!!I really hate it when people say Lara games,or 'I'm playing Lara Croft'....it even sounds wrong.:pi::vlol:

oocladableeblah
21-08-08, 15:55

Hehe!!I really hate it when people say Lara games,or 'I'm playing Lara Croft'....it even sounds wrong.:pi::vlol:
I agree having the title be Lara Croft sounds weird and stupid. The games will always be Tomb Raider.

Agent 47
21-08-08, 16:46
Socom,Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are the most popular stands apparently.

these three titles seem to be getting major positive feedback :D

oocladableeblah
21-08-08, 16:49
Socom,Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are the most popular stands apparently.

these three titles seem to be getting major positive feedback :D
Well duh those are the killer titles besides mgs4 (can't say ff13 anymore) of ps3. kz2 and socom especially.

Agent 47
21-08-08, 16:54
Well duh those are the killer titles besides mgs4 (can't say ff13 anymore) of ps3. kz2 and socom especially.

i don't like your tone :mad:

petujaymz
21-08-08, 17:12
Games for the PLAYSTATION®3 on show at Leipzig 2008!

Street Fighter 4

Ooh... we might get to see Fei Long and Dan Hibiki in action.

Suppose we can expect a new trailer too.

Capcom release a new Street Fighter IV (www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/ac1.html) teaser at all of these events.

This was the E3 one...

AUHmTSJ7b-Q

:wve: