PDA

View Full Version : Singstar for PS3... I have questions!

interstellardave
20-08-08, 17:56
My wife is interested in Singstar for the PS3. Now on Gamefaqs people from the US (where I am) were complaining that they are getting screwed out of DLC, unlike Europe and other regions. Anyone have that problem? Does anyone recommend, or not recommend, Singstar to me in general?

I noticed that Sony announced that a firmware update will allow songs from the PS2 Singstar games to be imported for play on the PS3... perhaps this will compensate (maybe we can just rent those and move the songs over)?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you all think about Singstar!

tomb raider 22
20-08-08, 18:08
I Hav Sing Star Its Good I Dont Play On It Much It Is Good Though :D

Agent 47
20-08-08, 18:13
My wife is interested in Singstar for the PS3. Now on Gamefaqs people from the US (where I am) were complaining that they are getting screwed out of DLC, unlike Europe and other regions. Anyone have that problem? Does anyone recommend, or not recommend, Singstar to me in general?

I noticed that Sony announced that a firmware update will allow songs from the PS2 Singstar games to be imported for play on the PS3... perhaps this will compensate (maybe we can just rent those and move the songs over)?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you all think about Singstar!

the US being screwed out of something!!! well there's a first,it's usually us poor saps that are treated like 3rd class citizens (considering Europe is Sony's biggest market)

to your point though, Singstar and games of a similar nature seem to be very popular.if it's the kind of title your wife enjoys or is interested in then i say get it,there's always a 100% chance you guys get the DLC too (just later i guess)

never played it myself but, for the entertainment it offers i'd recommend it :D

Dingaling
20-08-08, 18:14
Singstar is great :D. The complaints I've heard are because there aren't really any US-centric songs (or bands or something) but those are increasing as updates go along. The Singstore is (generally) updated every two weeks so there isn't a shortage of songs. It's fun stuff :).

illuminati30
20-08-08, 22:05
I played it last week Dave, and I gotta say, i thought it was a lot of fun. Don't have the game yet, or know anything about downloadable content. Only just got my PS3 online tonight. :wve:

Larson_1988
20-08-08, 22:07
Only just got my PS3 online tonight. :wve:

Really? :mis: :D

I want Singstar on PS3 too! :D And Buzz! :D It's so fun. :)

Legend of Lara
20-08-08, 22:56
There are about 9 million versions of Singstar in Europe. XD

But yeah, PS3 SingStar is really good, DLC or not. Singstar DID originate in the UK, however. ;)

interstellardave
20-08-08, 23:36
Thanks for the replies everyone! I think we'll get it...