PDA

View Full Version : The Third World War

Nausinous
20-08-08, 22:58
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7573409.stm

*sigh*

This could be it, the start :(

Russia condemns US missile deal

Russia has warned that a US-Polish missile defence deal creates a new arms race in Europe and beyond.

A foreign ministry statement said that Moscow "will be forced to react, and not only through diplomatic demarches". It did not elaborate.

Legend of Lara
20-08-08, 23:00
Oh... *insert stream of over-the-top swears*

Can't they solve their little problems with OTHER methods than war?!

Agent 47
20-08-08, 23:00
keep the UK out of it please,but you know we'll be dragged in somehow :rolleyes:

dizzydoil
20-08-08, 23:01
Here we go. :(

Encore
20-08-08, 23:01
I don't think a full scale world war like the first 2 can happen.... Hopefully.. :(

Sometimes, I actually think that with all these "little wars" breaking out everywhere, we already have a 3rd world war going on and we don't even notice it. :o

Nausinous
20-08-08, 23:11
Oh it gets better

On Sunday President Putin said Iran was not a threat to the US, hinting that Russia was the target of the new US system.

"If the American nuclear potential grows in European territory, we will have to have new targets in Europe," Mr Putin said.

MiCkiZ88
20-08-08, 23:12
I doubt it. Things could get ugly in relations and such (another cold war..), but I doubt a full scale war will happen anytime soon. At least I hope not.

Nausinous
20-08-08, 23:14
Adam's unit were told a couple of weeks ago to be prepared for things to heat up in Europe. (My boyfriend, he's a soldier)

Mr.Burns
20-08-08, 23:16
Both sides know what could happen if a full scale nuclear attack were to commence. Perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic here but I doubt given the knowledge that such an attack would utterly devastate our ecosystem (not to mention the economic and human losses), that someone would be so willing to push the button. It's saber rattling.

dizzydoil
20-08-08, 23:17
Oh it gets better

I really didnt want to read that. :(

I don't want children now..

Agent 47
*wonder if Frankie Goes To Hollywood will re-release Two Tribes* :D

spikejones
do i love my country.... yes
do i love my politicians....mostly no

MiCkiZ88
20-08-08, 23:19
Adam's unit were told a couple of weeks ago to be prepared for things to heat up in Europe. (My boyfriend, he's a soldier)
Hmmh.. But honestly I do not think anything will happen. I pray nothing will happen. But we do live in a blood thirsty world full of greed, so anything is possible unfortunately.

Nausinous
20-08-08, 23:26
http://i36.************/10d6w5g.jpg

dizzydoil
20-08-08, 23:29
http://i36.************/10d6w5g.jpg

So true, all they do is - on us. :p

interstellardave
20-08-08, 23:34
I haven't seen anyone deny that it's a defensive system, and the Polish government thinks it's appropriate. I think Russia is off base in this instance. Then again, Russia has historically been paranoid--several major invasions can do that to you!

Mad Tony
20-08-08, 23:50
I doubt it. Things could get ugly in relations and such (another cold war..), but I doubt a full scale war will happen anytime soon. At least I hope not.I fully agree.

I'd take what Putin has to say with a pinch of salt. He's always seemed a bit crazy to me.

Catapharact
20-08-08, 23:53
I fully agree.

I'd take what Putin has to say with a pinch of salt. He's always seemed a bit crazy to me.

On the contrary, he is one of the most sly personalities out there. If he says something... You better follow upon it quick or he might make his move first. Putin is no Yeltzen.

Dakaruch
20-08-08, 23:57
I fully agree.

That is the main reason why many unnecessary wars started.
It is obvious that Russia doesn't have good relations with US and other countries aswell, and the feeling probably is reciprocate. Someone seeing an hidden meaning on Putin's words (and it's not only Putin and Russia that are paranoid ;)) could lead to an attack from either parts. Although i don't see this happening, nor the other countries letting such thing to happen!

Mad Tony
20-08-08, 23:59
As Mr Burns said, a nuclear launch from either Russia or USA, or any other country with nukes for that matter, would be completely devastating to the world. I don't think any nation in the world is stupid enough to actually fire a nuke at anybody else. The thing that's more worrying is what would happen if terrorists manage to get their hands on nuclear weapons.

Encore
20-08-08, 23:59
On the contrary, he is one of the most sly personalities out there. If he says something... You better follow upon it quick or he might make his move first. Putin is no Yeltzen.

True. He's one of the best modern examples of the machiavellian politician. :o

Catapharact
21-08-08, 00:01
Who said anything about firing nukes? Russia simply stated that the Polish/US deal shall lead to a new arms race. That means, Russia shall openly negotiate new arms treaties with countries and will just subjigate the Polish deal as means of reference that they have the right to sell arms to whoever they please.

THAT is the jist of it.

silver_wolf
21-08-08, 02:06
Well ****.

xxitsxnadyaxx
21-08-08, 02:17
oh gosh here we go again O_o

takamotosan
21-08-08, 02:34
let's not and say we didn't.

interstellardave
21-08-08, 02:37
I am absolutely motivated to watch this classic movie now:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p187/universaldave/sterling-hayden-jack-ripper.jpg

"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." :D

Geck-o-Lizard
21-08-08, 03:03
Lmfao, classic movie. :D

Personally I don't think we're in danger of a third world war just yet. The last two are still too fresh in our collective memory to permit a war of that scale to boil over again. I doubt nuclear war will ever happen because it would simply be too devastating to everyone. Whoever fired the first nuke would be signing their own death-warrant.

interstellardave
21-08-08, 03:05
Lmfao, classic movie. :D

Personally I don't think we're in danger of a third world war just yet. The last two are still too fresh in our collective memory to permit a war of that scale to boil over again. I doubt nuclear war will ever happen because it would simply be too devastating to everyone. Whoever fired the first nuke would be signing their own death-warrant.

I don't know... remember what General Buck Turgidson said in Dr. Strangelove: "Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than 10 to 20 million killed, tops. Depending on the breaks."

LMAO... classic, indeed! Everyone should watch that movie!

amiro1989
21-08-08, 03:30
They should just shut the **** up, all of them.

Dixie
21-08-08, 05:24
A large-scale war is bound to happen at some point. And it is bound to be over nuclear weapons. The question is, is there a country out there that would resort to nuclear warfare (again).

M.A.
21-08-08, 05:33
Hmmm... maybe now is a good time to start building that underground bunker I had in mind...... :)

Feather Duster
21-08-08, 05:44
What the :cen:?

Time to move to Gaum

Dixie
21-08-08, 06:13
Duck and cover!

Goose
21-08-08, 06:34
Oh it gets better.

On Sunday President Putin said Iran was not a threat to the US, hinting that Russia was the target of the new US system.

'"If the American nuclear potential grows in European territory, we will have to have new targets in Europe," Mr Putin said.'

That would worry me, but the fact that it starts off with "on sunday President Putin" casts serious doubts, considering Putin is'nt President of Russia.

(Dmitry Medvedev Is Current President)

Goose
21-08-08, 06:41
keep the UK out of it please,but you know we'll be dragged in somehow :rolleyes:

I wouldnt worry about that, Dmitry Medvedev loves British hard Rock, according to wikipedia his favourites are Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. How could he bomb us!?

In all fairness, a tactical nuclear strike is abit different from World wide Nuclear war. If Israel bombed Iran, The only people who would suffer a return strike in modern times is Israel, yet that probably wouldnt even happen, considering Lebanon, Egypt and Syria would be hit to.

Its not like it was 50 years ago, where one nuke ment everyone fired.

Sorry, didnt mean to Double post.

Tthe Spirit
21-08-08, 06:44
well to me 3rd world war began years ago...
It is just the with globalization wars happen at a smaller scale than before..

But look carefully in all regions of the world, there are battles everywhere with everyone...:hea::hea::hea:

We even have battles here, but wish all battles like the ones we have here... :p:p

silver_wolf
21-08-08, 07:56
Duck and cover!
better yet, jump in the nearest 50's era durable lead-lined refrigerator.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/IJ___lolspoiler_by_Freakshow3.png

Mad Tony
21-08-08, 09:06
A large-scale war is bound to happen at some point. And it is bound to be over nuclear weapons. The question is, is there a country out there that would resort to nuclear warfare (again).If you're referring to the US strike on Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of World War II then this might interest you. The effects of the bombs weren't actually fully known. Besides, in that case I think it was neccessary considering how it's likely the Japanese would've kept on fighting until the last man which would've resulted in many more deaths plus the continuation of the war.

MrBear
21-08-08, 09:33
World War III? Not likely..

I don't want children now..

Why on Earth not? :-/

A large-scale war is bound to happen at some point. And it is bound to be over nuclear weapons. The question is, is there a country out there that would resort to nuclear warfare (again).

Why is it bound to happen? The geopolitical status quo ensures that most countries wouldn't benefit from such aggresion.. I mean, what would Russia gain from a World War? (If anything, please illuminate me.)

All in all, I don't see a reason to fear nuclear war.. You may regard your politicians as far from intelligent, but they're not that stupid ;)

Drone
21-08-08, 09:41
useless crap. it's not going to happen :wve:

tesorosbaby
21-08-08, 09:45
Who said anything about firing nukes? Russia simply stated that the Polish/US deal shall lead to a new arms race. That means, Russia shall openly negotiate new arms treaties with countries and will just subjigate the Polish deal as means of reference that they have the right to sell arms to whoever they please.

THAT is the jist of it.

Um...no....

Russia already re-activated its nuclear targets in Europe the other month remember?

And FYI guys - Putin isn't President anymore... :whi:

Naomichi
21-08-08, 10:05
No he isn't, but the only reason for that is the Russian constitution, that means you can't stand for a third term. Medvedev is very much Putin's man, and in fact has installed him as the Prime Minister, so he still has heaps of power, not to mention vast influence.

Dakaruch
21-08-08, 10:41
Putin is prime-minister, but still he is the one that has all the power. Don't be fooled about he stepping down as President.
As Naomichi said Medved is Putin's man.
Medved is pretty much a decorative person in Russian government...

Catapharact
21-08-08, 13:14
Um...no....

Russia already re-activated its nuclear targets in Europe the other month remember?

Its a show of force. They are just showing that they indeed still have solidarity over the region and that they aren't a soft pup anymore. The reason is simple... They want to keep the entire region still in line and well, from your reaction... It seems to be working.

tranniversary119
21-08-08, 13:17
People are ridiculous :rolleyes:

Heckler
21-08-08, 13:57
Thank God our lovely South African Pressi Mr. Thabo Mbeki is wayyy too retarted to mingle in...He can't even spell war...

KIKO
21-08-08, 14:33
Why can't things be solved without a war between them ? It's ridiculous. If there was a war everytime someone gets mad at one then the world would be in war everytime. Can't they see that war makes people suffer ? They seem to be ignoring the ones that suffer with wars, they only want power. They don't seem to care about the people that is. :(

rickybazire
21-08-08, 15:08
Here we go. :(

Seconded...

Encore
21-08-08, 15:36
better yet, jump in the nearest 50's era durable lead-lined refrigerator.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/IJ___lolspoiler_by_Freakshow3.png

hahahah :vlol:

Yeah, the things we learn with Indy!

Forwen
21-08-08, 15:58
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/political-pictures-russia-georgia-b.jpg

Goose
21-08-08, 15:59
Um...no....

Considering nuclear weapons cant be de-activated, they are just stored, that doesnt mean very much. It basically means that some guy with a computer typed in a couple of cities he had written on the back of a napkin then pressed Enter and it was done. Its just sabre rattling.

SamReeves
21-08-08, 16:44
Putin is prime-minister, but still he is the one that has all the power. Don't be fooled about he stepping down as President.

Exactly. Thanks to the rollback of reforms in Russia so a corrupt leader can stay in power. Russia in reality is not like the old USSR but more of a government run by corrupt and unethical business. Take the corruption in the United States and multiply it by ten. However, it doesn't clear Putin's history as an ex-KGB officer. He certainly operates like one, and yes the Bear is trying to re-assert itself. It may do so some more after Bush's weak response to Georgia. I'd firmly believe a President like Ronald Reagan would have sent a carrier group and a few battleships to secure the Georgian port. That would be a line the Russians would have never crossed. But the damage is done, and I think Georgia will remain split in half.

Paul H
21-08-08, 17:58

That is also the way it works in the United States. In fact it is even worse in that even when the party changes by a Democrat president being replaced by a Republican one (or vice versa) the very same people continue to make all the important decisions from behind the scenes. You canít become president unless those people approve you first. And if you wonít join any of their clubs (Council on Foreign Relations, Bohemian Grove, Skull & Bones, etc), through which they control every president, they wonít approve you. If you donít join their clubs, they will make sure that you donít have enough money to fund a realistic campaign, and that the media give you only negative coverage or none at all.

tesorosbaby
21-08-08, 20:23
Hrm, now Russia has pulled out of all NATO military co-operation...