PDA

View Full Version : Games that stole your boyfriends/girlfriends...

Nausinous
21-08-08, 14:07
So I've just introduced my boyfriend to the wonder that is Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, so far he hasn't payed attention to me once, the only time he talks is to swear at the TV and he refuses to give the controller to me :(. I just banged my foot on a huge file he left on the floor and he didn't even go 'Aww' like he usually does, he's completely lost with the game, discuss your annoying experiences with games taking your boyfriends/girlfriends away.

thanatos
21-08-08, 14:08
Well my girlfriend was always eager for next go on GTA4, but since she bought me a steering wheel for the 360 she's been on Forza 2 whenever she gets the chance.

Naz2000
21-08-08, 14:10
I think that games change your personality when you are deeply engrossed in them. Like when I am on my PS2 and someone comes in the room I don't look at them or take any notice of what they are doing I just say "DOOR!" to them before they walk out of my room. I'm not normally like that. I've seen my mum play on it as well and if she is struggling with the game she will become really grumpy and shout a lot. It's weird :S

interstellardave
21-08-08, 14:36
Guitar Hero and Rock Band have brought me and my wife closer together (gaming-wise).

Naomichi
21-08-08, 14:37
But remember kids, games don't influence us in any way, shape or form! ;)

jackali
21-08-08, 14:39
Oblivion. Introduced my significant other to Oblivion, was about... a week before I got my PC back. :p

tesorosbaby
21-08-08, 14:48
I'm sorry sweet heart.

Nausinous
21-08-08, 14:48
Its okay :hug:

tesorosbaby
21-08-08, 14:49
I'm an idiot!

Camera Obscura
21-08-08, 21:30
Well consider yourself lucky that you have someone who loves to play video games. And next time go for two-player dummy. :p

tesorosbaby
21-08-08, 21:40
ACK!!!

I just checked this theead 'cos of your post Obscura...

Let's see....SOMEONE *glares at Ric* changed my posts.....

Sod :ton:

jarekhanzelka
21-08-08, 22:00
May I start my post with the nicer version of my problem? I was in love with this girl, who's a great fan of Tomb Raider, and she was currently playing Angel Of Darkness and was stuck at some level, and I had the reputation of the player, who beated all of them. So she asked me to come to her place and help her with that level - We had so much fun and I was enjoying that time a lot, as I secretely loved her. We got used to each other while playing AOD since that level all the way to the end of the game, we both realized we just belong together. So, AOD actually made me a relationship I was dreaming of for a long time. Anyway, it lasted few moths and she started playing The Sims 2. And suddenly, it all was over. She was addicted to the game so much, she never asked me to come to her place and whenever I asked her to take a walk, she refused without question. As far as I know, she plays that god damned game yet today and still doesn't have a serious relationship. So, The Sims 2 took my girlfriend, literally. But I understand if the emotion between us was strong enough, this wouldn't happen. So I guess, I can't blame that game for being so extremely addictive for some people, can I?

Tombcool
22-08-08, 00:19
I had an ex-girlfriend/fiance over a year ago who wouldn't stop playing The Sims after I gave it to her. :D

Twilight
22-08-08, 00:43
a double edged sword. i read a yahoo article on how a wife hated her husband playing an FPS game all day. until he bought Rock Band and she became as engrossed in it as he did with the other game.
*shrug*, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Elysia
22-08-08, 08:33
The year: 1995. The game: X-Com - Terror From the Deep. I lost my then boyfriend (now husband) for, ooo, about a year to this game? I can still remember vividly how he would sit around the old 486 in his nasty little student flat with his mates Andy, Chris and John and how they would watch each other play for literally hours (days) at a time. I once drank an entire bottle of Archers peach schnapps out of sheer boredom, got absolutely plastered and passed out on the sofa... and none of them noticed, they were that plugged in.

I got my own back in 1996, though... :whi: (ooooo, I wonder how I did that?! :D)

We lost each other to Baldur's Gate - through that game, we learnt that the true meaning of sharing meant getting separate PCs. :p

Naomichi
22-08-08, 08:48
Baldur's Gate is one of the games I've lost both myself and the other half to... Also FF10 and KotOR. :p

Basically though to really lose someone to a game it HAS to be a long one, or one with no actual ending.

dream raider
22-08-08, 12:33
Singles 2: Triple Trouble. :(

I'm only joking. :p

Seriously though, a game stealing your soul mate?! How awkward...

nickless
22-08-08, 16:32
not believing till i see it :D really a boyfr stealing game?if that ever happenes i'll laught at myself 'u idiot,how could u pick such an idiot for ur bf?!'

jackali
22-08-08, 16:46
We lost each other to Baldur's Gate - through that game, we learnt that the true meaning of sharing meant getting separate PCs. :p

Baldur's Gate I or II? I'd certainly understand if it was II. And the manual for that game! It's a monster! :p

Voni
22-08-08, 19:00
I lost my boyfriend to GTA Vice City while were still in Sixth Form. He'd come to school and talk to his mates about blowing up cars and that, while I'd sit there with an expression of 'WTF?!' on my face. Luckily he bought me a copy of the game and I soon figured it out :p.

He's lost me to a few games before, especially The Sims 2 and Tomb Raider!

Elysia
22-08-08, 19:08
Baldur's Gate I or II? I'd certainly understand if it was II. And the manual for that game! It's a monster! :p
The original (which is actually arguably longer than the sequel). By the time SoA came out, we had separate PC's already ;)

jackali
22-08-08, 21:57
The original (which is actually arguably longer than the sequel). By the time SoA came out, we had separate PC's already ;)

Oh, I agree that the first one is longer, but I felt that II was a much better game. It's definitely in my top ten list of games, up there with Starcraft, System Shock II, Tetris... and others. :p

Good thing you had separate PCs, you really need them when the games are just that good. Shame we don't get any fantastic games any more. And a real shame that Stargate: The Alliance was cancelled. Had so much potential, even got over 26,000 signatures on a petition to get it released.

My significant other has just started playing Columns on my Sega Megadrive. Don't think I'll get that back for a while. :p

violentblossom
23-08-08, 06:44
Final Fantasy 11...

but now i play too, so its okay...

I really was very spiteful towards it, though.. It takes just about an hour to accomplish anything really, so its not unheard of to spend literally all day on that thing.

irjudd
23-08-08, 16:50
World of Warcraft is a notorious relationship stealer. Unless of course you both have accounts.

BtoFu
23-08-08, 17:35
Thankfully floosies don't play videogames. :cool: