PDA

View Full Version : I just had to tell someone that I got my PS3 today!

Blackmoor
22-08-08, 18:39
And... they're a bit big and ugly aren't they? I don't know... the design of the appearance of the actual thing isn't the best. Still, I'm not going to be looking at that. The rest is awesome!!!!!!

I have Lego Indiana Jones, Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank to play, but which first?

I'm soooo happy.

:) :D :cool:

BluShock
22-08-08, 18:45
Personally I find it the most attractive console this gen, but everyone has different tastes when it comes to attractiveness ;)

Congratulations anyway :jmp:

MrBear
22-08-08, 18:46
Congratulations! :tmb: I know how you feel, I got mine recently too :) (and I was able to enjoy it a week before it needed repairs...... :D)

Hmm, I haven't played neither of those games, but people say that Uncharted is great, so I'd suggest that :) but yeah, you know better what you feel like, maybe you weren't even asking :p

Enjoy! :cln: :tmb:

interstellardave
22-08-08, 18:48
Congrats! If you have a HDTV buy or rent yourself some Blu Ray movies too... you'll love 'em!

TombRaiderLover
22-08-08, 18:49
I badly want a PS3. :p There's always Christmas . . .

Rivendell
22-08-08, 18:49
Congratulations Bmoor! May the fun begin. :D

Three great games you've got there, the Ps3 Ratchet and Clank was the first R&C game I'd ever played, and I fell instantly in love with it. Uncharted was everything I'd hoped for - don't expect it to be like TR (..Well, expect a better "TR" legend. ;) ). Lego Indy is a lot of fun too, but I think I prefer the Lego Star Wars games if I'm honest.

Have a great time!

Trigger_happy
22-08-08, 18:55
You don't like the whole "Shining monolith of brilliant graphical uberness"? I think the hugeness is epic- it looks like the huge piece of kit it is!

Anyway,have fun with it: some great games are coming out for it this year.

Voni
22-08-08, 19:01
You lucky, lucky sod. At the rate I'm going, I won't get my hands on one till the PS4 comes out. Boo.

Tombreaper
22-08-08, 19:07
Congratulations! The PS3 is a little on the fat side, but still the design is very cool.
Have fun :)

Agent 47
22-08-08, 19:58
Congrats! If you have a HDTV buy or rent yourself some Blu Ray movies too... you'll love 'em!

i have a grand total of 4 Blu movies :D and they look great

congrats new PS3 owner :jmp:

illuminati30
22-08-08, 20:08
Congrats! The PS Network is pretty good fun also! :tmb:

Samsdad
22-08-08, 20:22
Have fun lady. Uncharted maybe a bit more shot them up for your tastes. Hooked up to a HD TV a lot of the new games are looking really sweet.

Agent 47
22-08-08, 20:28
Have fun lady. Uncharted maybe a bit more shot them up for your tastes. Hooked up to a HD TV a lot of the new games are looking really sweet.

what's the situation with your sons, did negotiations go well? :D

Samsdad
22-08-08, 21:03
what's the situation with your sons, did negotiations go well? :D

He reached the level of productivity and now has his PS3. An 80GB MSG4 bundle.

Agent 47
22-08-08, 21:32
He reached the level of productivity and now has his PS3. An 80GB MSG4 bundle.

very good, have you had ago yet? :jmp:

Samsdad
23-08-08, 05:12
very good, have you had ago yet? :jmp:

Not yet. My gaming time has been very restricted lately. I have watched Sam play a bit of uncharted and will give it a shot once I free up some time.

I still have a lot of 360 games to get through and then there is the deluge coming in November.

interstellardave
23-08-08, 05:29
I'm going to get to spend more time with my PS3 starting this weekend... my 360 finally got the 3 red rings of death! I went to play Madden 2009, which I had just bought, and it wouldn't come on... :(

But, thankfully, they make no fuss when you get the 3 rings. It's covered under the 3 year warranty, I just have to wait until I get it back--or get a replacement unit.

Crayons
23-08-08, 05:29
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/trave_abc/smilie_l.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/trave_abc/smilie_o.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/trave_abc/smilie_l.gif

Congrats! :)

Blackmoor
23-08-08, 11:32
Thank you fellow PS3-ers for sharing my happiness. :hug:

So far out of the 3 games I've gotten, Ratchet & Clank is the best (but I was already a big fan). Uncharted and Lego Indiana Jones are OK.

Uncharted is a game that feels like I've played it before only now it has better graphics, and Lego Indiana Jones I've definitely played this game before - it's a standard platform-y type of game. Still got stuck quite early in both of them though. :p :D

You're right about Uncharted, it is really shooty. And, worse (for me), the shooting requires aiming properly a bit like a first person shooter. It's going to be a learning curve. It looks very nice though, the environments are beautiful, although the best bit of the game so far is the cutscenes.

Congratulations! :tmb: I know how you feel, I got mine recently too :) (and I was able to enjoy it a week before it needed repairs...... :D)

OMG! Repairs? :eek: This isn't from the firmware update that I keep seeing stuff about on the internet is it? I don't know how true all these things are though because I saw warnings about noisy fans on PS3's and mine seems very quiet, so...

You lucky, lucky sod. At the rate I'm going, I won't get my hands on one till the PS4 comes out. Boo.Awww. Don't worry Voni, I'm sure you'll be able to get one soon. *fingers crossed for you* :hug:

I'm going to get to spend more time with my PS3 starting this weekend... my 360 finally got the 3 red rings of death! I went to play Madden 2009, which I had just bought, and it wouldn't come on... Oh no!! Hopefully they'll ship you a brand new one that no longer suffers from these RRoD. By now they must have solved that problem in the new machines, surely? At least you were covered by the warranty though.

KIKO
23-08-08, 11:33
Congrats for having a PS3 :D

I badly want a PS3. :p There's always Christmas . . .

The prrce might just drop again, who knows but I will have to wait another 6 months because Christmas Present is already on the list, a better PC :jmp: I guess I'll ask my parents to buy the PS3 on my birthday :)

MrBear
23-08-08, 13:29
OMG! Repairs? :eek: This isn't from the firmware update that I keep seeing stuff about on the internet is it? I don't know how true all these things are though because I saw warnings about noisy fans on PS3's and mine seems very quiet, so...

No, it's not :) I think it was the laser, suddenly it couldn't read the disc... I tried another and it couldn't read that one either.. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue since it happened while I was browsing through Drebin's Shop (MGS4) :) so no worries..

Glad you're enjoying it :tmb: the small bit of Ratchet & Clank I've seen certainly looks fun :)

ben croft
23-08-08, 13:35
No, it's not :) I think it was the laser, suddenly it couldn't read the disc... I tried another and it couldn't read that one either.. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue since it happened while I was browsing through Drebin's Shop (MGS4) :) so no worries..

Did you have a new one back because of the warranty?? What was wrong with you PS3? I'm worried because mine is gonna arrive soon...

:D

MrBear
23-08-08, 15:00
Did you have a new one back because of the warranty?? What was wrong with you PS3? I'm worried because mine is gonna arrive soon...

:D

I took it to the shop and they sent it on to the service department, free of charge because of the warranty, yes :) I didn't get a new one, but unfortunately I forgot to back-up the hd, so I hope everything's still there when I get it back (if not, I'll have to throw another $8 away on Crash Team Racing :p)

But no reason to worry, I think.. Those of my friends who's got one have never experienced problems :tmb:

petujaymz
23-08-08, 15:06
Good for you hun... :tmb:

Any news on a baby PS3?

I preferred the slimline PS2 to be honest.

:wve:

Death Mask
23-08-08, 15:23
I'm going to get to spend more time with my PS3 starting this weekend... my 360 finally got the 3 red rings of death!

LMAO... Good 'ol 360, I feel bad for the people who own a 360 and don't have a warranty.

thanatos
23-08-08, 15:52
LMAO... Good 'ol 360, I feel bad for the people who own a 360 and don't have a warranty.

I feel sorry for people who own a PS3...

trXD
23-08-08, 16:09
Yay! Good for you:D

I might grab a ps3 soon if can get the money. I have always wanted to play uncharted.

oh for god sake:rolleyes:

Angelus
23-08-08, 18:42

I feel sorry for you - mainly because you're an arrogant tool who forces their opinion onto people, but I don't complain.

Dingaling
23-08-08, 19:30
You're right about Uncharted, it is really shooty. And, worse (for me), the shooting requires aiming properly a bit like a first person shooter. It's going to be a learning curve. It looks very nice though, the environments are beautiful, although the best bit of the game so far is the cutscenes.

If you want, though it isn't as effect until later on with more powerful guns, you can just shoot with R1. Nathan won't always have the best of aim but with a shotgun and running around like mad he usually always aims and kills the enemy. Later on - especially on Hard or Crushing - this will definitely become an valuable aid when trying to kill certain enemies.

No need to worry about that as those problems were fixed a while back with a firmware update.

Have fun with your PS3. It's a nice little (well... big) machine :D. Feel free to add me (Laraman) to your friends list :). Same goes for anyone else XBL or PSN.

Ratchet and Clank ftw! A new Ratchet and Clank came out on Thursday on the PSN store for 9.99/$14.99 but you may want to complete Tools of Destruction first as it holds some spoilers.

ben croft
23-08-08, 19:42

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that...

:rolleyes:

interstellardave
24-08-08, 20:25

Luckily MS has done the right thing by their customers... if you have the classic 3 red rings problem you're covered (they extended the warranty to 3 years for that particular problem). So it's an inconvenience for me 'cause most of my games are on the 360... but it's tolerable 'cause I'm not paying anything. :)

Blackmoor
24-08-08, 23:46
Well just finished my first PS3 game - Uncharted. What a journey!!

Despite the shooting and first person style (ish) at that too, I really got into the game. Had to play it on Easy though. :o :D But I only had to do "run and gun" with the you-know-Whats (spoiler monster creatures) which I'm quite proud of as I'm very much an auto-aim kind of person.

I can see why some people think this is a game that TR has to compete with. They did very Legend-ish things in the game, but with bags more graphical panache (because it's newer obviously) and although very linear on-tracks gameplay, they managed to make it feel like you were in these environments and that they were real, and explorable. Some work much better than others - like the ruined settlements, which were gorgeous and very atmospheric.

Collecting all the treasures was great too. They're all nicely designed and different as well which makes it more "real". The medals section worked for me too... although I only got 180/1000 medal points and only found 37 out of 60 treasures. :D

I wouldn't want TR to be totally like this. I still want more complexity from my games, more interactivity with the environments, more variety and more exploring than Uncharted has. But... wow! There really is a big difference between this gen and last gen. I can't wait to see how Crystal make use of this technology for TR:U.

:)

If you want, though it isn't as effect until later on with more powerful guns, you can just shoot with R1. Nathan won't always have the best of aim but with a shotgun and running around like mad he usually always aims and kills the enemy. Later on - especially on Hard or Crushing - this will definitely become an valuable aid when trying to kill certain enemies.Thank you, thank you, thank you. You saved my life with the you-know-whats!! :D :hug:

Ratchet and Clank ftw! A new Ratchet and Clank came out on Thursday on the PSN store for 9.99/$14.99 but you may want to complete Tools of Destruction first as it holds some spoilers. Hehehe, thanks again, I am getting that as soon as I finish Tools. Only 9.99, that's so cheap. :eek:

Agent 47
25-08-08, 00:28
glad you liked Uncharted Blackmoor, and this is the most accurate review i've read.

the environments were indeed lush, especially the sunken city, special mention to the cathedral too :jmp:

i only got 33 treasures on my first playthrough :D

kryptonite23
25-08-08, 11:44
Congratulations! :)

thanatos
25-08-08, 12:27
I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that...

:rolleyes:

YOU'VE SEEN IT, YOU CAN'T UN-SEE IT.

Don't worry, I was just taking the mick out of the original comment and the way these conversations usually go.

The truth is the Wii is the console that rules all, you 360 and Sony fanbois will burn in flames of HD graphics and crappy gameplay (come on people, none of you can even play baseball with realistic swing motion - LOSERS!)

interstellardave
25-08-08, 12:36
The truth is the Wii is the console that rules all, you 360 and Sony fanbois will burn in flames of HD graphics and crappy gameplay (come on people, none of you can even play baseball with realistic swing motion - LOSERS!)

OMG... please tell me you intended to put some kind of "cheeky" smilie at the end of that sentence? You can't really believe that? I want to hear about this "realistic baseball game" on the Wii. It sure as hell isn't the one in Wii Sports, and I seriously doubt it's any other one. Pretending as if you're throwing a pitch or swinging a bat doesn't make it realistic. Show me a Wii BB game as good as MLB 2008: The Show on the Wii and I'll eat my words--and my PS3 for good measure! :p

thanatos
25-08-08, 13:23
OMG... please tell me you intended to put some kind of "cheeky" smilie at the end of that sentence? You can't really believe that? I want to hear about this "realistic baseball game" on the Wii. It sure as hell isn't the one in Wii Sports, and I seriously doubt it's any other one. Pretending as if you're throwing a pitch or swinging a bat doesn't make it realistic. Show me a Wii BB game as good as MLB 2008: The Show on the Wii and I'll eat my words--and my PS3 for good measure! :p

OK, MAYBE the baseball isn't as good on the Wii, but have you played the motion control tiddlywinks?!