PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead II + III --- Region B (UK) Blu Ray Details and Artwork

TombRaiderLover
22-08-08, 19:35
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MjJ7yvbEL._SS500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cPo-p41TL._SS500_.jpg

Optimum Home Entertainment has announced the Blu-ray release of Evil Dead II for the 29th of September, priced at around 19.99.

1.85:1 Widescreen Transfer (1080p/AVC)
Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Dolby Digital 5.1
Audio Commentary
Making of Featurette (31:58)

Optimum Home Entertainment has announced the Blu-ray release of Army of Darkness for the 29th of September, priced at around 19.99.

Deleted Scenes and alternate ending
Outtakes
More TBC

:wve:

Angelus
22-08-08, 19:37
Why have you called it Region B? Has it changed now?

findme
22-08-08, 19:37
Hahahaha I LOVED the first film, none stop moments of hysterical humor.

Never seen the sequels though.

Dingaling
22-08-08, 19:42
Joe - Blu-Ray films have letters for their region codes! Get with the times :p!

But Bruce Campbell + Ted Raimi = ftw :tmb:.

Tyrannosaurus
22-08-08, 19:43
That quote from Time Out on the AOD cover was originally written for Evil Dead 2, which , IMHO, is a vastly superior movie. I can't believe how many more people just watch Army of Darkness instead.

Angelus
22-08-08, 19:47
Joe - Blu-Ray films have letters for their region codes! Get with the times :p!

But Bruce Campbell + Ted Raimi = ftw :tmb:.

I haven't joined the Blu Ray generation yet. :ton:

EDIT: I did get a HD TV today though. *Shamelessly happy*

TombRaiderLover
22-08-08, 19:51
That quote from Time Out on the AOD cover was originally written for Evil Dead 2, which , IMHO, is a vastly superior movie. I can't believe how many more people just watch Army of Darkness instead.

I've always felt that the original was by far the best, as I liked the gritty, relentless tone. Evil Dead II was too glossy and big-budget, although I still enjoyed it, appreciating the tension and enjoying the way Bruce Campbell made such slow scenes enjoyable. Army of Darkness was a fair film, but not the height of the previous two. Too much comedy. :wve:

Agent 47
22-08-08, 20:04
Evil Dead 2 is region free, figured i share that info

only 9.99 on US import :D

TombRaiderLover
22-08-08, 21:02
Evil Dead 2 is region free, figured i share that info

only 9.99 on US import :D

The US Anchor Bay import uses the Divimax transfer, which apparently (like the 25th anniversary edition of Halloween) has an altered colour scheme, and digitally erases the wire holding the flying eye-ball. ;)

Agent 47
22-08-08, 21:35
The US Anchor Bay import uses the Divimax transfer, which apparently (like the 25th anniversary edition of Halloween) has an altered colour scheme, and digitally erases the wire holding the flying eye-ball. ;)

is that good or bad:confused:

Angelus
22-08-08, 21:35

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. :p

TombRaiderLover
23-08-08, 11:59

Bad. If a film is going to be restored or remastered, it should look the same as it did when it first appeared in theatres. ;)

Survival
23-08-08, 12:18

Halloween lost half of its atmosphere because the HD transfer changed most of the night scene colour... you know what was originally darkish blue was now bland washed out grey... the scene with Michael appearing in the shadows of the door is now completely ruined etc.

Anyway Im not gonna switch to Blue Ray... deffinitly dont want to re-buy my 300+ horror movie collection and most importantly half of those movies will NEVER appear on BR disc anyway.

Goose
23-08-08, 13:44
Bad. If a film is going to be restored or remastered, it should look the same as it did when it first appeared in theatres. ;)

Its more then just atmosphere thats lost in a remastered movie like these, remember when the original (and best) Evil Dead came out Un-cut and remastered, every time there was a shot of the cabin you could see a cut and paste moon, who's outline was hidden by the terrible quality of the original.

Mr.Burns
23-08-08, 13:52
Saw AoD at the local film preservation society once. The seats weren't the greatest but the picture quality BLEW Blu Ray out of the water. Well, enjoy it, I still haven't seen a date for the US version.

Goose
23-08-08, 14:02
Saw AoD at the local film preservation society once. The seats weren't the greatest but the picture quality BLEW Blu Ray out of the water. Well, enjoy it, I still haven't seen a date for the US version.

Do you think it will be like VHS and Beta Max?

Mr.Burns
23-08-08, 14:12
Do you think it will be like VHS and Beta Max?

:confused:

Goose
23-08-08, 14:19
:confused:

You know, the little battle they had in the 70's and 80's, Sony had Betamax and JVC had VHS, VHS won so Betamax was thrown in the dump and never seen again. Abit like DVD's and VHS, now it will be Blu Ray trying to come out on top.

Mr.Burns
23-08-08, 14:20
Ah I forgot about that. Na, Blu Ray won the new format war.

Goose
23-08-08, 14:22
Ah I forgot about that. Na, Blu Ray won the new format war.

Well that can mean only one thing, soon stores will be selling DVD's for cheap, i remember when VHS went out of fasion, when i went to HMV or Virgin i would come out with about ten videos every time.