PDA

View Full Version : Holiday suggestions

Dia2blo
23-08-08, 02:31
Ok, so i'm planning to go on holiday next year for two weeks, between the end of july and august.

its going to be me, my mate and brother, and i want to see some real history, but my mate wants some real nightlife-maybe Greece or something. Also, i'm gay so it would be nice if there was a gay bar local.
The price range isnt hugely important, but having it cheaper around 500-700 pp would be good.

Any suggestions anyone?

Endow
23-08-08, 02:48
InterRail. That's the way to travel. I'm hoping to do one next year.

Dia2blo
23-08-08, 02:49
InterRail. That's the way to travel. I'm hoping to do one next year.

what's interRail?

Endow
23-08-08, 02:50
Behold! (InterRail)

dizzydoil
23-08-08, 02:58
Lanzarote, very nice place, awesome night-life :tmb:!

Dia2blo
23-08-08, 03:11
Behold! (InterRail)

it says page cannot be loaded :S

also dizzydoil, we thought about lanzarote but i was a but miffed at the history aspect of it :S

Endow
23-08-08, 03:30
it says page cannot be loaded :S

It was basically the wikipedia definition. InterRail is basically pass that enables you to unlimited travel by train for cheap prices all over Europe for a period of time. It's a great way to see lots of different places in a short time span.

Dia2blo
23-08-08, 03:34
It was basically the wikipedia definition. InterRail is basically pass that enables you to unlimited travel by train for cheap prices all over Europe for a period of time. It's a great way to see lots of different places in a short time span.

oh wow how do you get that?

also, i'm thinking about going on a holiday by myself now, since my mate and brother are unlikely to want to go somewhere just to see the architecture and history etc.

so i might go somewhere different, maybe venice, rome or egypt. i'd also like to go to china, and theres this great tour which is a bit above my price range, but i could always book for a later date to save up until then....

i really need opinions on where people have previously been, especially if anyone has gone solo? i dont want to get bored or uncomfortable because im alone!

takamotosan
23-08-08, 03:36
traveling alone is a potentially unwise decision...

Dia2blo
23-08-08, 03:38
traveling alone is a potentially unwise decision...

yet considering how i can't persuade anyone i know to go to the sorts of places im fascinated by...
I could always try and convince my mum to go :P

Endow
23-08-08, 03:58
oh wow how do you get that?

I'm not entirely sure myself but I'm sure your nearest railway station can be of help.

As for traveling alone....it depends on the traveler and where you are traveling. Obviously sharing the experience is awesome but traveling is awesome regardless. (actually I'm just saying this; I never really travelled alone, but it's not something that I wouldn't consider). Of course if you were a 14 year old helpless little girl that would probably a big no-no :P

And China, yeah China is one of my dreams. China, Tibet and India. I gotta go there someday.

Dia2blo
23-08-08, 04:14
I'm not entirely sure myself but I'm sure your nearest railway station can be of help.

As for traveling alone....it depends on the traveler and where you are traveling. Obviously sharing the experience is awesome but traveling is awesome regardless. (actually I'm just saying this; I never really travelled alone, but it's not something that I wouldn't consider). Of course if you were a 14 year old helpless little girl that would probably a big no-no :P

And China, yeah China is one of my dreams. China, Tibet and India. I gotta go there someday.

I've always dreamed of going to China too, although i think i should get some real experience first (i've barely left the country before) so i might try and take that tour in a years time.

as for now though, i'm thinking about somewhere in Italy perhaps... my friend is going to greece again a few weeks later, so i cant really pick corfu (which i would like to go to) so does anyone know any real holiday destinations in rome, which has to at least have a beach...?