PDA

View Full Version : New X-Box Update - New Look

MyRaider4Life
24-08-08, 00:44
Hey Guys,

Does anybodyy know when the new Update with all the cool new features and whole new dashboard and Avatar because i am craving to use it becuase i wanna make my own avatar and play those games where you can get Microsoft Points.

And also here you can talk about the new Interface

For people who dont know what im talking about here is a Video taken from E3.
U9JonXfgKpgvEieC8HIUFw

Zebra
24-08-08, 00:55
Sorry. I don't know anything about this. But doesn't google show up any results if you search for it?

dizzydoil
24-08-08, 00:57
Hate the new look. Congradulations Microsoft, I guess it's ok. :tmb:

Poke Warrior
24-08-08, 01:03
The pictures on the games library better change, im not having the crappy game halo up there all the time lol

Crayons
24-08-08, 01:09
Lol this is so lame. They're just looking for something to make up for the big money flop they are going to experience when Home comes out. It's a shame really, they're trying to hard and getting no where.

trXD
24-08-08, 01:49
Cant wait!!!:jmp:
There isnt a release date just sometime in august:)

Lol this is so lame. They're just looking for something to make up for the big money flop they are going to experience when Home comes out. It's a shame really, they're trying to hard and getting no where.
Umm, this is all free y'no?

Crayons
24-08-08, 01:52

soooooooo? :p

matrix54
24-08-08, 01:56

but august is almost over:eek:

UNDERTAKER
24-08-08, 08:51

...and when will Home be released exactly? Been delayed a few times hasn't it?

Dia2blo
24-08-08, 08:58
I hate this new update, with a passion!!! The old style looked so stylish and sophisticated. this looks... childish! Grr damn you microsoft!!

James_Rutland
24-08-08, 09:01
Hate the new look. Congradulations Microsoft, I guess it's ok. :tmb:

This coming from the 360 turned PS3 fanboy! :p

Meh, It's cool i suppose.

KC Mraz
24-08-08, 09:06
I hate this new update, with a passion!!! The old style looked so stylish and sophisticated. this looks... childish! Grr damn you microsoft!!

The new dashboard is optional, you can stay with the blades if you want

Crayons
24-08-08, 09:13
...and when will Home be released exactly? Been delayed a few times hasn't it?

Oh my.. If you have a PS3, hurry up and apply before it's too late. You download the theme to get into the closed beta.. If you miss your chance the beta opens up sometime later this here to everyone.

Nausinous
24-08-08, 09:22
Doesn't impress me :ohn:

Dia2blo
24-08-08, 09:27

i know, its just the fact that it will be there... i'll probably end up using it anyway :S

toxicraider
24-08-08, 09:28
Oh my.. If you have a PS3, hurry up and apply before it's too late. You download the theme to get into the closed beta.. If you miss your chance the beta opens up sometime later this here to everyone.

what! but i only found the theme on the japanese store and it had nothing :(

I kinda like the dashboard but the avatar thing is cheap, and a rip off by the look of it

Crayons
24-08-08, 09:38
what! but i only found the theme on the japanese store and it had nothing :(

I kinda like the dashboard but the avatar thing is cheap, and a rip off by the look of it

Sorry, you download the theme for a chance to get into it. :o

toxicraider
24-08-08, 09:42
Sorry, you download the theme for a chance to get into it. :o

i got it on the us store :)
do they email you if you got in?

Crayons
24-08-08, 09:59
i got it on the us store :)
do they email you if you got in?

Yes. But only 10,000 out of millions. :(

toxicraider
24-08-08, 10:04
Yes. But only 10,000 out of millions. :(

oh right lol, i'm guessing no luck for you either eh?

Archetype
24-08-08, 10:12
Actually looking forward to this update quite alot.

Fall update, so anything from october to december I guess. Fall update last year came out on the 4th December.

toxicraider
24-08-08, 10:16
Actually looking forward to this update quite alot.

Fall update, so anything from october to december I guess. Fall update last year came out on the 4th December.

I read somewhere that it would be out early september

Fish.
24-08-08, 10:33
I can't say I won't miss the old fashioned Xbox Dashboard, but I'm very much looking forward to this update!

Crayons
24-08-08, 10:42
oh right lol, i'm guessing no luck for you either eh?

US havn't got there invites yet.. if you live in Europe.. you're out of luck. :p

toxicraider
24-08-08, 10:58
US havn't got there invites yet.. if you live in Europe.. you're out of luck. :p

Damn i was away when they did them, oh well

Archetype
24-08-08, 13:04
I read somewhere that it would be out early september

Highly doubt it although its possible due to not having a spring update.

trXD
24-08-08, 13:09
Wow i was really expecting it to be out in august. Thats what my magazine said! :(

soooooooo? :p
So how can they be trying to get more money, from something that is free?

Poke Warrior
24-08-08, 14:09
Well theres only 8 days left in august so it might update XD

AmericanAssassin
24-08-08, 16:20
Hahaha! :vlol: That is the lamest thing I have ever seen. :p

illuminati30
24-08-08, 17:10
Personal Avatars, "we think this is a great innovation". Yeah one they didn't think of. Why don't they call it a ****ing Mii.

KC Mraz
24-08-08, 17:18
Why don't they call it a ****ing Mii.

Because Nintendo didn't create digital avatars. I mean, gosh! Microsoft has been doing this avatars since the 90s! (cough (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Comic_Chat) and cough (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_V-Chat))

interstellardave
24-08-08, 20:18

How is it a rip-off when it looks far superior to Mii's (IMO). And it's not ripping off Home 'cause it'll be out before Home... they've probably been working on this for a good while.

Archetype
24-08-08, 20:20
^ agreed.

Home is kinda strange though, just GTA4 0.1

Lenochka
24-08-08, 20:31
Because Nintendo didn't create digital avatars. I mean, gosh! Microsoft has been doing this avatars since the 90s! (cough (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Comic_Chat) and cough (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_V-Chat))

you got a real point there :tmb:

I am looking forward to this update, It looks a bit meh, but updates are always fun, I will just have to wait till I see it on my own screen and mess around with it before deciding if its for me or not.

toxicraider
24-08-08, 20:34
How is it a rip-off when it looks far superior to Mii's (IMO). And it's not ripping off Home 'cause it'll be out before Home... they've probably been working on this for a good while.

i meant rip off as in very expensive by the looks of it, there is more than one meaning :) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff)

trXD
24-08-08, 20:38
i meant rip off as in very expensive by the looks of it, there is more than one meaning :) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff)
You dont have to buy accessories, thats what it said in EDGE. Then again they also said it would be out in august:(

toxicraider
24-08-08, 20:45
You dont have to buy accessories, thats what it said in EDGE. Then again they also said it would be out in august:(

I know but it kinda plain if you don't get that many free :(, i heard very early september so not so bad.

tranniversary119
24-08-08, 20:52
Well you're not forced to download it :wve: I think it's a nice little addition.

Angelus
24-08-08, 20:56

Nope, it's mandatory. That's what I've read, anyway.

I hope it's optional because I can't stand the new Dashboard.

EDIT: All that's been announced as a release date is 'Autumn'.

KC Mraz
24-08-08, 21:04
It is optional, but how could you not update? It looks classy :3

http://xboxfocus.com/news/618-using-new-dashboard-optionable/index.html

coolezpunk
25-08-08, 20:39
Um, congratz to you Xbox LIVE users, I guess...

But, the avatars look like an improved version of Mii's. Plus, I don't think it will top PS3's HOME.
(IMO)

viper456
25-08-08, 20:53
I think its nice, and I like the avatars...BUT I don't spend that much time on the dashboard. I actually like playing games on my console you see :p

Archetype
25-08-08, 21:03

But, the avatars look like an improved version of Mii's. Plus, I don't think it will top PS3's HOME.
(IMO)

wasn't designed to 'top' PS3 home.. which tbh as i've said is pointless, just a cheap way to 'unify' the ps3 community.

Agent 47
25-08-08, 21:13
wasn't designed to 'top' PS3 home.. which tbh as i've said is pointless, just a cheap way to 'unify' the ps3 community.

oh that's cold :vlol:

it is cheap............FREE as matter of fact, we don't pay to play :D

b0bb13
25-08-08, 21:21

(IMO)

I don't think that these avatars and the other stuff was even meant to rival Home.It's just an extra.And thank God that those avatars look better than the Miis.:vlol:
But,meh why do I even care,I don't own a 360.:p

Woot!:D
Free pool and bowling FTW!:p

Legend of Lara
25-08-08, 21:26
First there were Miis. Then there was Home. Now this. Bandwagons, anyone? :p

x2crazyidiot
25-08-08, 21:27
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I love the old 360 dashboard!! :(
this just looks like a cheap knock-off Wii

trXD
26-08-08, 02:07
Im sick of people comparing these to mii's! If you read the articles they are actually 100% better! There not just some random doll that you can change size, hair face, and T-shirt colour. There are 1000's of different items to choose from for free of xbox live from skateboards to guitars!

IMO this was everything the mii's should have been.

Lenochka
26-08-08, 04:40
^^^ Indeed...
Mii's are rather **** imo
there alright... but there so limited on what you can do with them.

KC Mraz
26-08-08, 04:46
I think this is something recent: this update was originally going to be released in agoust but it was deleayed until november =]

http://gizmodo.com/5041550/xbox-360-fall-dashboard-update-comes-in-november

coolezpunk
26-08-08, 04:51

I'm just saying if I were to choose between HOME and this, I'd pick HOME.

How can you possibly say that HOME is pointless when Xbox LIVE is practically the same thing? Only HOME has much more features.

Amen! :D

Archetype
26-08-08, 09:45

would rather pay for a decent service..

How can you possibly say that HOME is pointless when Xbox LIVE is practically the same thing? Only HOME has much more features.

Xbox live is just an online system and tbh.. Microsoft just update the console with some new features, satisfies me seeming as most of the time I'm actually playing games instead. I didn't buy my 360 for the dashboard features or w/e.. I bought it to play games.

thanatos
26-08-08, 10:15

Amen! :D

Personally I can't wait to use Home on my PS3, but it looks like it's going to take till the release of the PS4 before its even close to up and running. Sony are just full of empty promises and half baked ideas.

But what does it matter, they are games consoles and I play good games on both so I'm happy.

tomblover
26-08-08, 11:33
I love the new in-game menu, but the main dashboard looks so bland. It better be customizable with backgrounds and font styles and whatever! And I want the icons on the panels to change according to what games/movies/pictures you've played/watched lately.

They basically copied the Mii system and a lot of the looks that the PS3 main menu has. And I love it. :D For the most part.

TR freak
26-08-08, 11:38
Erm....... I'm forced to ask how the hell this turned into a Home vs Xbox Live thread. How are Home and XBL even remotely related? PSN vs XBL makes more sense. Home is just basically a virtual life thing thats coming to the PS3. Thats not a bash at Home btw, I intend on getting and using Home myself.

As for the new Xbox look, I love it. I'm mostly looking forward to the Primetime feature.

toxicraider
26-08-08, 12:07
Erm....... I'm forced to ask how the hell this turned into a Home vs Xbox Live thread. How are Home and XBL even remotely related? PSN vs XBL makes more sense. Home is just basically a virtual life thing thats coming to the PS3. Thats not a bash at Home btw, I intend on getting and using Home myself.

As for the new Xbox look, I love it. I'm mostly looking forward to the Primetime feature.

I know, it's sad, everything seems to turn into a console war argument :(

Grenade
26-08-08, 15:43
I don't like it, the current is fine as it is imo. :(

konichi-wa
26-08-08, 18:53
I don't like it, the current is fine as it is imo. :(

i agree

Agent 47
26-08-08, 19:08
would rather pay for a decent service..

PSN is decent, it works, does what it's meant to (allow online play & chat with friends )

1st party games use dedicated servers
3rd party games use p2p

not that i like p2p btw, would prefer dedicated servers full stop, i do like how people equate free with crap. Sony make it's money via downloads, whether it be full games, extra content, movies or music........in Home's case advertising :D

is it bad? no
could it be better? yes