PDA

View Full Version : :(Need some advice-What should I do?

TR93
24-08-08, 12:29
:(OK,
So last saturday my next door neighbour had some kind of party,
It was really loud and me and my family hardly got any sleep, the was constant banging on the walls and music from 1pm till about 8am the next morning.
I made me feel really unwell, but during this weeks there wsn't so much noise.
Until last night it was going ok, but at about 1pm they started again, with shouting , laughing, banging and music, all night again. No one could get to sleep again, so my mum decided to call the Police,
who came around about 2 hours later, but didn't even knock on the door and ask them to be quiet, they just drove past the house and left:(

I'm worried that it will happen again next saturday cos the week starting after that I go back to school-so I need good sleep next saturday so I'm ready to go back to school,
What should I do if it happens again?

Fish.
24-08-08, 12:30
Call the police. They'll make them stop. :)

Cochrane
24-08-08, 12:33
What did the neighbors say when you talked to them about it?

TR93
24-08-08, 12:35
What did the neighbors say when you talked to them about it?

They did even answer us, they just ignored us:(
They're not there during the day, mostly cos they are working.
But they neven even try and and talk to my mum even if she says hello the guy who lives there ignores her:(

Mad Tony
24-08-08, 12:37
Call the police. They'll make them stop. :)She just said they called the police and did nothing.

@TR93: Have your parents actually talked with your neighbors about it?

kthnxbai
24-08-08, 12:39
*prepares petrol bomb*

but seriously... just keep calling the police and ask them to make a record of all the disturbances reported...

maybe try talking to other neighbours, see if they have had problems with them too and try to get hold of the ones causing the problem to talk to them

TR93
24-08-08, 12:40
She just said they called the police and did nothing.

@TR93: Have your parents actually talked with your neighbors about it?

We tried, but they wont answer, I dunno why.
We can ever find them during the week, because they aren't here most of the time-they're at work.
But when ever my mum tried to talk to them, they wont answer.

*prepares petrol bomb*

but seriously... just keep calling the police and ask them to make a record of all the disturbances reported...

maybe try talking to other neighbours, see if they have had problems with them too and try to get hold of the ones causing the problem to talk to them

OK, I'll tell my mum to talk to the police again if it keeps happening,

Mad Tony
24-08-08, 12:42
We tried, but they wont answer, I dunno why.
We can ever find them during the week, because they aren't here most of the time-they're at work.
But when ever my mum tried to talk to them, they wont answer.Can't you go to the council about them?

Then again, they're probably gonna be just useless as the police were, if not were. From my experiences, local councils are absolutely terrible and do nothing to help anybody except themselves. It's always worth a try though.

TR93
24-08-08, 12:44
Can't you go to the council about them?

Then again, they're probably gonna be just useless as the police were, if not were. From my experiences, local councils are absolutely terrible and do nothing to help anybody except themselves. It's always worth a try though.

They wont so anything- they give thing like to handle to the police to take care of it:o

kthnxbai
24-08-08, 12:46
Can't you go to the council about them?

Well, councils only look after council estates and houses anyway...they have diddley-squat to do with privately owned houses

Well, that's the case here anyway

Drone
24-08-08, 12:48
call cops Anna. That crowd seems to be stupid

TR93
24-08-08, 12:49
call cops Anna. That crowd seems to be stupid

I did:(
The police did nothing except drive past the house then leave:(

Mad Tony
24-08-08, 12:49
Well, councils only look after council estates and houses anyway...they have diddley-squat to do with privately owned houses

Well, that's the case here anywayNo what I mean is go to them about the noise problem. I remember a few years back when we had a problem with noisy neighbors we went to the council about it and I think they got us to record how many times it occurred and then they'd so something about it. As it happened, our neighbors just stopped being so noisy. And I live in a privately owned house. As far as I know the local councils deal with everybody in their district.

TR93
24-08-08, 12:51
The council here where I live are just bad,
They hardly do anything to help the town.
The police are just as bad, we were reported as one of the worst police in the entire UK

Lew
24-08-08, 12:51
Go round and join them!

Drone
24-08-08, 12:52
I did:(
The police did nothing except drive past the house then leave:(

they thoguth that it's something insignificant. Maybe your parents go and talk to that people?

kthnxbai
24-08-08, 12:52
No what I mean is go to them about the noise problem. I remember a few years back when we had a problem with noisy neighbors we went to the council about it and I think they got us to record how many times it occurred and then they'd so something about it. As it happened, our neighbors just stopped being so noisy. And I live in a privately owned house. As far as I know the local councils deal with everybody in their district.

Wow...

if you own your own house here the council don't give a crap and you've to go to the police

but you should be able to make a report thing with the police too

TR93
24-08-08, 12:56
Go round and join them!

Not old enough:p
they thoguth that it's something insignificant. Maybe your parents go and talk to that people?

We tried, but they don't answer:(
We had a couple of problems before when the guy who live there kept singing cos he was drunk.
But lately it's just been so annying- they just wont stop making noise:(

rowanlim
24-08-08, 13:06
I think you've to keep trying to get the police to do something, talk to your neighbors or something, you'll have to try other avenues.

I hope this problem will cease, selfish neighbors are a pain.

TR93
24-08-08, 13:57
Thanks everyone:hug:

Andariel
24-08-08, 14:02
Even if the police drove past and left you should call again. Don't just give up. Perhaps more calls will make them do something. If not then maybe try sleeping at a friends house during the weekends? If it's endless and ridiculous then moving someplace else in the future is the only way.

Jo269976
24-08-08, 14:03
If you can't reach them during the day, you could always leave a note explaining your problem or that you would like to discuss something with them.

Some people need to learn a little common courtesy goes a long way. :ohn:

(I've always wanted to use that smiley :D)

dcw123
24-08-08, 14:05
I used to have that, coz my nxt door neighbours are druggies I thinks lol:ton:
You gotta be tough and go around yourself....my mum did LOL
We just played music back,even louder... get them told..:D

clw
24-08-08, 14:09
have you called noise control they work between 9 pm to 12am well at leat in wandsworth they do

TombRaiderLover
24-08-08, 17:36
I'm very curious as to whereabouts you live, now, as I attended a party last night. :p

TR93
24-08-08, 18:45
I'm very curious as to whereabouts you live, now, as I attended a party last night. :p

I live in Northamptonshire:p

xxitsxnadyaxx
24-08-08, 19:20
CALL THE POLICE AGAIN AND COMPLAIN INTO THE PHONE A LOT
:)

i got neighbors like that too

TombRaiderLover
24-08-08, 19:51
I live in Northamptonshire:p

Different party then. :p

TR93
24-08-08, 19:54
Different party then. :p

Hehe:p
I live in one of the quietest streets in the whole county, there hardly ever noise around here.

Little-Lara
24-08-08, 20:23
Try to get in contact with the Police chief in their office, don't call the emergency, and tell them that it's a really big serious problem, and at least, to tell them to turn the sounds down.