PDA

View Full Version : 25th August Reveal

mmm...cookies
24-08-08, 15:19
So basically the reveal of the story and character art and the official site are now up.

www.tongueincheeksoftware.com/demonhunter

Have fun.

More will be added during the day i'm hoping anyway.

Alex Fly
24-08-08, 15:23
Woot, great ! :tmb:

Zebra
24-08-08, 15:23
I think it would've been better to post this in the game's thread. But anyway. Site looking awesome ;)!

mmm...cookies
24-08-08, 15:24
I think it would've been better to post this in the game's thread. But anyway. Site looking awesome ;)!

yeah but it's burried and would of meant double posting haha ohwels.

Zebra
24-08-08, 15:24
Just noticed that the placeholder renders are still in the gallery.

mmm...cookies
24-08-08, 15:27
Just noticed that the placeholder renders are still in the gallery.

they are concepts and have been labeled as such, there just there for some extra stuff.

I'm still waiting for some new ones.

Domino
24-08-08, 15:29
Wow, I like the Test Renders!

mmm...cookies
24-08-08, 15:34
Wow, I like the Test Renders!

thx,

I'm working on some wallpapers wit the logo on it, so they'll be up soon.

But it's almost 2am here so i'm heading off for the night.

wallpapers up around 1-2pm AUS time today (25th)

mmm...cookies
24-08-08, 16:28
i know i know double posted, lol

Brand new logo and wallpaper now available on site.

NOTE: it's 2:31am here now so goodnight haha

dizzydoil
24-08-08, 16:33
Mmk. :)
I sorta don't like the new logo - but it'll grow on me. :wve:

amiro1989
24-08-08, 17:45
Wow, it looks great. :)

Quasimodo
24-08-08, 17:47
Cool! The new Kurtis reminds me a lot of Sid Vicious. He looks a little strange with those bulky arms and such a skinny body, though.

amiro1989
24-08-08, 17:50
I don't think it's Kurtis...

Kurtis is a little bit more bulk, and personally, even if I think the models are amazing, it shouldn't look a bit cartoonish. It should be more mature looking, more human looking.

Zebra
24-08-08, 18:53
Cool! The new Kurtis reminds me a lot of Sid Vicious. He looks a little strange with those bulky arms and such a skinny body, though.

Those are test renders. Nothing from the real game. I don't know why cookies left them there...but well.

Quasimodo
25-08-08, 00:09
I don't think it's Kurtis...

Kurtis is a little bit more bulk, and personally, even if I think the models are amazing, it shouldn't look a bit cartoonish. It should be more mature looking, more human looking.
I rather like the stylistic approach :tmb:

dizzydoil
25-08-08, 00:14

-I was wrong. These models are the ones, and are BETA.-

:yik:

..:tmb:

amiro1989
25-08-08, 00:19
I rather like the stylistic approach :tmb:

I guess I'll wait to see how the characters blend in the universe.

But guys, the character models are amazing, really. They look professionally made.

mmm...cookies
25-08-08, 02:15
THX,

and yeah they are concept models only so far......... he'll look way more buff:ton:

Crayons
25-08-08, 02:45
THX,

and yeah they are concept models only so far......... he'll look way more buff:ton:

Most links are broken for me.. but this is awesome nevertheless!
:jmp:

Crayons
25-08-08, 02:47
I don't care if I'm double posting, are those screenshots the actual model?
:jmp::jmp:

dizzydoil
25-08-08, 02:49
I don't care if I'm double posting, are those screenshots the actual model?
:jmp::jmp:

YEAH! :pi:

mmm...cookies
25-08-08, 03:03
Just so ya know, yes

most of the link options are down(non existent yet)

The site will be upgraded soon with those features.

Only the Gallery, Forums, Contact and Main page work so far.

Crayons
25-08-08, 03:27
YEAH! :pi:

Omg he's so hot!! :D :jmp: :cln:

Dia2blo
25-08-08, 07:25
I love the new logo, i think it suits kurtis more... not soo keen on the way he looks though (no offence)... why the hair cut? :S and hes so skinny. he used to have a good build :S
Oh i guess i should say this on the actual forums :S

Antonio
25-08-08, 13:55
Great job!:tmb:
I'm impress.

Zebra
25-08-08, 13:58
I love the new logo, i think it suits kurtis more... not soo keen on the way he looks though (no offence)... why the hair cut? :S and hes so skinny. he used to have a good build :S
Oh i guess i should say this on the actual forums :S

No. Those renders are test renders. They have nothing to do with the actual game :).

I knew that leaving those renders online would cause confusion :rolleyes:.

mmm...cookies
25-08-08, 14:30
They are clearly marked concept, if people can't see that then i dunno what to think.

thanatos
25-08-08, 14:40
They are clearly marked concept, if people can't see that then i dunno what to think.

I think people just have trouble understanding what a concept render is. Is it a render from a 3d studio max build, is it a test of the ingame engine or is it a render made in a different engine just to see what a 3D model of that design would be like.

Zebra
25-08-08, 14:48

There have been quite a lot people (here and on the TiCS forums) that thought the renders were from the actual game.

dizzydoil
25-08-08, 15:36
There have been quite a lot people (here and on the TiCS forums) that thought the renders were from the actual game.

Well I was told the renders ARE from the game. Only, they will not be final. Also, the render test was concept for the layout for WHEN the final model renders are released?

I think it's best it was explained under the renders on the site. :)!

Zebra
25-08-08, 15:38
Well I was told the renders ARE from the game. Only, they will not be final. Also, the render test was concept for the layout for WHEN the final model renders are released?

I think it's best it was explained under the renders on the site. :)!

As the female character from those renders is not even in the game they can hardly be from the game.

dizzydoil
25-08-08, 15:46
As the female character from those renders is not even in the game they can hardly be from the game.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say here - but I was told otherwise. :)

Zebra
25-08-08, 15:50
I don't know if I'm allowed to say here - but I was told otherwise. :)

Of course you are allowed to say that here because she will definately not be in the game. Believe me ;). I should know.

dizzydoil
25-08-08, 15:55
I had a full conversation with cookies about it on msn yesterday! :confused:

I don't understand, the teams all muddled atm for me. :p!! - Imma send PM

Dia2blo
26-08-08, 00:12

hey, i did ask this question on the actual forum. don't label me as a complete idiot! I was just expressing my opinion on the model if you guys did decided to keep him skinny like this.

mmm...cookies
26-08-08, 01:26
Sorry if i came across harsh before, i didn't mean it like that.

These renders are concepts we had for the game before the story was written and yes, i had originally planned for a girl character (piratey/emo type girl) but alas the story does not allow this anymore, i will fix this on the site in due time.

THX and i didn't mean anyone was an idiot was just saying they were labeled as concepts thats all.

dizzydoil
26-08-08, 14:58
:) Replyed to your request Cookies,