PDA

View Full Version : Another complaining thread (Breaststroke swimming)

iWANEX
24-08-08, 16:23
Sorry if this offends anyone but I have to say something about it:

What's wrong with CD? They don't know how people swim or what?!? Because I just realized when Lara is underwater and she's supposed to swim breaststroke style, her legs are kicking like there's no tomorrow. Anyone finds this annoying?

http://i36.************/200aaty.jpg

Quasimodo
24-08-08, 16:26
I agree, she moves like a wind-up toy and she's faster than the sharks. The swimming animations are a joke.

larson n natla
24-08-08, 16:26

What's wrong with CD? They don't know how people swim or what?!? Because I just realized when Lara is underwater and she's supposed to swim breaststroke style, her legs are kicking like there's no tomorrow. Anyone finds this annoying?

The animations are a little crap alround THE JUMP THE CLIMBING THE SWIMMING apparently they have been mocaped but i dont swim climb or jump like that and i think that the person who did has some keeeerazy movments :)

matrix54
24-08-08, 16:27
when will the complaining end? can we all just let them work out what ever needs to be worked out. please...;)

TRBeth
24-08-08, 16:41
If the complaining ended, then we might as well never come to the forum. :ton:

All would be well, if they would just play through the classic games...and then, played follow the leader. :D

Encore
24-08-08, 16:45
:rolleyes:

Drone
24-08-08, 16:45
I agree, she moves like a wind-up toy and she's faster than the sharks. The swimming animations are a joke.

some people are able to swim faster than the sharks.
but yup nobody moves their legs that way when swim breaststroke style.
I think swimming wasn't even mo-caped

ara
24-08-08, 16:47
Omg Quasi I fear your avatar.. Its so scary XD and becouse of that I fear you ;)
Remember that they are still working on moves and I quess Eidos wat thinking that you would be so smart to realise that..

But if they dont change that move will you die? Would that be so horrible?

TRBeth
24-08-08, 16:47

Who?? :confused:

star-dust
24-08-08, 16:49
Yee, her legs do look a little odd.
You'd think kicking her legs like that she'd run out of steam a lot faster than doing something like breast stroke.
:rolleyes:

Death Mask
24-08-08, 16:52

Indeed they are.

Encore
24-08-08, 17:44
Who?? :confused:

http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/michaelphelps1.jpg

:D

Lenochka
24-08-08, 17:46
^
I knew that one was coming lmfao

The swimming is a bit annoying, but... I'm willing to overlook that as of right now, If we get gameplay videos that are where they currently are at with the game... I will begin to worry xD

Poke Warrior
24-08-08, 17:51
God, its only the demo, they probley get feedback from people who play the demo.

nickless
24-08-08, 18:03
i've been swimming for 4 years so here's what i think.when you are underwater,no matter what style you swim on the surface,you swim with butterfly or free-style legs.bruststroke underwater isn't that fast.

Larapink
24-08-08, 18:04
Seriously we didn't need another thread about this.

Heckler
24-08-08, 18:08
I Quote from the title....
Another complaining thread....

I reply to the title:
:tea:

Scott x
24-08-08, 18:16
but yup nobody moves their legs that way when swim breaststroke style.
I think swimming wasn't even mo-caped

oh please

Put Michael Phelps in a pool with a shark and lets see who comes out.

Sehkmet
24-08-08, 18:19
Would you prefer the 'frog' swim of TR1?

:D

I actually loved that swimming animation.

jbrown013
24-08-08, 18:25
There's a difference between criticizing and whining- and you guys are just whining. It's always something different "The water effects suck!" to "Her breaststroke animations are odd".

Do you guys ever know when enough is enough? :rolleyes:

Heckler
24-08-08, 18:28
There's a difference between criticizing and whining- and you guys are just whining. It's always something different "The water effects suck!" to "Her breaststroke animations are odd".

Apparently not....Some of these kids didnt have enough toys when they were small...

Quasimodo
24-08-08, 18:29

:spm:
do you folks ever get tired of preaching?

Heckler
24-08-08, 18:31

Oh but Quasi....Its fun to moan about moaners....:(
:ton:

Drone
24-08-08, 18:31
Put Michael Phelps in a pool with a shark and lets see who comes out.

:off:

I have a better idea. I put Phelps, shark and you in pool. And be sure I know who's gonna be first

Sir Croft
24-08-08, 18:32
She kicks like there's no tomorrow because it's the "faster swim animation", when you press the interact button, etc.

Encore
24-08-08, 18:32
:off:

I have a better idea. I put Phelps, shark and you in pool. And be sure I know who's gonna be first

The shark 'cause he eats Phelps and everyone else. WIN!

do you folks ever get tired of complaining? :ton:

jbrown013
24-08-08, 18:33

Do you guys ever get tired of being whiny little *****es? Don't question me before you guys look at how dramatic you guys are putting things- there has hardly been one positive thing floating about on this forum because of all the negativity going on.

xxitsxnadyaxx
24-08-08, 18:34

ditto! >:[

swimming needs to be fixed :)

Drone
24-08-08, 18:35
The shark 'cause he eats Phelps and everyone else. WIN!

nope :p Phelps comes outta pool whilst sharks's busy with other person :ton:

b2l
24-08-08, 18:38
I agree the swimming moves are weird , but if we see the first gameplay they changed a lot , so maybe they are better now , that ones of the things CD should send a video with some of the new moves land and sea ones... a video just with that , not a whole level or anything .

Encore
24-08-08, 18:38
nope :p Phelps comes outta pool whilst sharks's busy with other person :ton:

http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/muvies/ilikethatsj9.gif

KC Mraz
24-08-08, 18:39
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/kcmraz/Foros/complaints.jpg

Take a number and join the line, please

jbrown013
24-08-08, 18:40
^^ Agreed.

Quasimodo
24-08-08, 18:57
Do you guys ever get tired of being whiny little *****es? Don't question me before you guys look at how dramatic you guys are putting things- there has hardly been one positive thing floating about on this forum because of all the negativity going on.

It doesn't get dramatic until people come in moaning about why everyone can't be little Yes-Men.

Heckler
24-08-08, 18:59
It doesn't get dramatic until people come in moaning about why everyone can't be little Yes-Men.

I cant disagree there....I guess we'll have a crappy TR game if everyone says yes and amen for everything....
But the least ppl can do is stop with the 'I hate this' BS!

Quasimodo
24-08-08, 19:04
I cant disagree there....I guess we'll have a crappy TR game if everyone says yes and amen for everything....
But the least ppl can do is stop with the 'I hate this' BS!

That's a thinker there. What would TRU (or TRA, for that matter) have been like if everyone loved everything about TRL?

Woop Legend!
24-08-08, 19:46
That's a thinker there. What would TRU (or TRA, for that matter) have been like if everyone loved everything about TRL?

An airborn toxic waste of space.

Criticism for the win, but only constructive. Ultimatly I think CD are trying to get different things from the series then Core intended which we as fans will have to deal with. Core wanted a more challenging, fun based system and CD want an all inclusive fun action game.

I have accepted that the game will be nothing like it used to be, really. CD seem adament to keep it a game for all ages and playable to everyone who 'hates to get lost'. Pah!

The whole 'I hate ...' posts are just redundent in my book becuase they contribute nothing. If it were 'I hate.... because.....what if they did this.....discuss?' THAT would be forum making material my friend.

cardmonster
24-08-08, 20:41

I preferred the original breaststroke, but the way she swims underwater is effectively the fastest stroke - it's impossible to swim overarm underwater, but kicking will make you go faster. I think this is complaining for its sake.

Quasimodo
24-08-08, 21:01
I preferred the original breaststroke, but the way she swims underwater is effectively the fastest stroke - it's impossible to swim overarm underwater, but kicking will make you go faster. I think this is complaining for its sake.

That makes sense. So how's the swimming animation been coming along now?

Endow
24-08-08, 21:05

Yep.

jeffrey van oort
24-08-08, 21:07
Ok. I agree you should be able to see waves if she swims about..
What can I say.. TRU is not a completed game yet..

Feather Duster
24-08-08, 21:11
It's not finished yet! :mad:

Geez

Do you guys ever get tired of being whiny little *****es?

What's your deal?

KIKO
24-08-08, 21:22
I don't understand why do CD show the demo if it is suppose to be old ? it's like showing a game that has nothing to do with the one you pretend to release. Simply ridiculous. Swimming needs to be corrected and so is the exiting water. Many frames skipped ;)

Lenochka
24-08-08, 21:24
I don't understand why do CD show the demo if it is suppose to be old ? it's like showing a game that has nothing to do with the one you pretend to release. Simply ridiculous. Swimming needs to be corrected and so is the exiting water. Many frames skipped ;)

Hmm, could be a good move... show the people an early build giving them low expectations yet once the actual demo and game is released all the sudden the games being praised and people think its great due to the fact that it appears as if they took the time to improve upon all the things people disliked before.

jeffrey van oort
24-08-08, 21:25
You know.. this is the reason why I don't post my screenshot of my levelpack on the forums untill I finished building them completely.. Too much critism would cut the inspiration's powersource feeds. :) Eventually Crystal Dynamics will say this is enough. Untill here and no further. A lesson in seeing the value of things will pop into your mind when you realise things could be worse than most worse. Our gifts of today is a present you should cherish untill you really see that what we see in TRU has never been done before.. Do you even know any other game that has been able to accomplish this??
I feel sad this thread exists even if I agree that the water should have waves spreading out if she moves in the water. Constructive feedback is one of the most important things you have to learn when you are in business. Your relationships depend on them. This is a message for all the members and should definitely be picked up..
If you want to state your opinion state how it should be improved what you think that isn't right and on what scale of ethics this really isn't right. If you really want to be helpfull then just saying it sucks or making comments like WTF is this won't work. Any type of suggestion could be a possible change in future development. You might not believe it but right now Crystal Dynamics is god and we are it's followers. We pray to Crystal Dynamics and if they hear our prayers we might get what we want if there is something to gain for Crystal Dynamics theirselves. We want our game.. :D Then make it so.. :D and so .. and like that.. or maybe this is a good idea.. ahh yes.. maybe not.. Or if we draw a line there.. a yes that must be working too.. Something like that..

KIKO
24-08-08, 21:25
Hmm, could be a good move... show the people an early build giving them low expectations yet once the actual demo and game is released all the sudden the games being praised and people think its great due to the fact that it appears as if they took the time to improve upon all the things people disliked before.

So that means that they aren't really spoiling us showing their old demos.

Lenochka
24-08-08, 21:27
So that means that they aren't really spoiling us showing their old demos.

Maybe not, but it still is nice to see how things are coming along. (er... or were coming along a few months ago xD )

KC Mraz
24-08-08, 21:28

I guess it is the same demo showed to the media in april/june. Why bother making a new one when you already have one? :p

Quasimodo
24-08-08, 21:28

That would probably only work on fans who were planning to buy the game anyhow. Now would be the time to impress everyone else who isn't a die hard TR fan.

dream raider
24-08-08, 21:29
That's how I swim! :D Are you guys calling me a retard?

Seriously though, I swim a little slower than that. :)

Lenochka
24-08-08, 21:30
That would probably only work on fans who were planning to buy the game anyhow. Now would be the time to impress everyone else who isn't a die hard TR fan.
Yeah, you got a point.

I guess it is the same demo showed to the media in april/june. Why bother making a new one when you already have one? :p

you know what, I'm betting thats it.
I remember someone mentioning how difficult it is creating demos with some games... maybe they just went the lazy route and used that older demo.

Endow
24-08-08, 21:51

From what I've seen so far people are looking forward to TRU actually.