Tomb Raider Master
25-08-08, 14:47
:wve:

What's your astrological sign?

Poll requested by rowanlim.

Catapharact
25-08-08, 14:49
The ever so Logical and balanced Libra.

Oh yes... I am the balanced individual who tends to believe in peacemaking and being a carebear... *Takes out crowbar* An intensive Carebear that is. Me loves my sign.

Nemo_91
25-08-08, 14:49
Sagittarius :wve:

Lara Croft Fan Joe
25-08-08, 14:50
Cancer :)

kthnxbai
25-08-08, 14:50
Aries :)

Smog
25-08-08, 14:51
Leo. :wve:

MrBear
25-08-08, 14:53

Same :) go summer children!

scion05
25-08-08, 14:54
Aquarius.... ironically, my stars come true quite a lot of the time :)

TombRaider#1fan
25-08-08, 14:54
Aquarius :D

lararoxs
25-08-08, 14:55
Virgo!

Only 12 days to go!:yah:

Mad Tony
25-08-08, 14:55
Leo :D

Catapharact
25-08-08, 14:56
Leo :D

Not freakin surprised whatsoever. Gosh I could just die laughing right now (no offense.)

wmcintosh
25-08-08, 14:58
Sagittarius

L.C
25-08-08, 14:59
Aquarius. THE sign of all that is good and great in humankind :)

rowanlim
25-08-08, 14:59
Thanks TombRaiderMaster :hug: :tmb:

I'm a Virgo. Most of the traits are true :D

Virgo is a modest and charming personality with a quiet, disarming beauty. They are highly analytical and intelligent but often lack confidence to maximise their real potential.

Virgo's are workers, always busy and exceptionally well organised. They love detail, are highly creative and make excellent craft workers.

The precision and neatness of Virgo is delightful but they can become highly irritated by little annoyances, seizing on small faults, which can lead to worry and nervous tension.
As lovers they are kind and giving but must strive for the confidence to accept compliments and affection gracefully.

Kerrigan
25-08-08, 15:00
I'm Taurus, but I actually hate Astrological Signs.

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 15:00
Scorpio - the most feared sign in the Zodiac... why, I have NO idea. :vlol:

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:01
I'm Taurus, but I actually hate Astrological Signs.

How come? You're a fellow Venusian ;). Not to mention Taurus people usually have this down to earth beauty about em. Just look at Jessica Alba, Audery Hephburn... Or George Clooney

VonCroy360
25-08-08, 15:01
Leo. Don't really think I'm a typical one, though.

Evelyn.
25-08-08, 15:02
Libra :wve:

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:03

Bullhickey. They are the most mysterious of the lot; Only because they tend not to disclose much about them but they do want to know EVRYTHING about the other person.

The only thing people need to worry about Scorpio is their tendency to exact revenge is ways that would put the Bask to shame.

Naomichi
25-08-08, 15:04
Sounds like me, yeah. ;)

Mad Tony
25-08-08, 15:06
Not freakin surprised whatsoever. Gosh I could just die laughing right now (no offense.)Why? They say Leo's are really outgoing yet I'm the opposite. I'm pretty shy.

MadCroy101
25-08-08, 15:08
I'm tarus, eat that crap up:p

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:08
Why? They say Leo's are really outgoing yet I'm the opposite. I'm pretty shy.

Do read on the basic traits of Leo males. There is just way too much to post upon this thread and the fact that some of the observations might just be too personal to post upon this thread. Lets just say that there is an obvious pattern amoung most Leo males and you certainly haven't shown yourself to be an exception ;).

kthnxbai
25-08-08, 15:09
How come? You're a fellow Venusian ;). Not to mention Taurus people usually have this down to earth beauty about em. Just look at Jessica Alba, Audery Hephburn... Or George Clooney

Hitler was also a Taurus

:whi:

Mad Tony
25-08-08, 15:10
Do read on the basic traits of Leo males. There is just way too much to post upon this thread and the fact that some of the observations might just be too personal to post upon this thread. Lets just say that there is an obvious pattern amoung most Leo males and you certainly haven't shown yourself to be an exception ;).You don't believe the zodiac sings do you? They mean absolutely nothing to me. I just take them with a bit of fun. :p

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:11
Hitler was also a Taurus

:whi:

There are other traits within him that point towards a more dictiroical rule (i.e. Capricorn moon, etc.) His chart placements show the teniciousness of a person who wants absolute order. Ironically... Most Neocons have shown the same traits... Ohhhh yeah.

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:12
EDIT: Oops! Double post.

You don't believe the zodiac sings do you? They mean absolutely nothing to me. I just take them with a bit of fun. :p

Oh there are some patterns amoung personalities of the Zodiac that seem way on the money way too many times. I actually had a hunch you were a Leo or possibly a Capricorn... And well, I was right ;).

Predicting the future? Pfft... Don't believe in that.

Zebra
25-08-08, 15:15
Cancer

Legend of Lara
25-08-08, 15:18
I'm a Libra. Hooray.

TombRaiderCool
25-08-08, 15:21
I'm Cancer the crab. :)

pEhouse
Gemini. And kinda like it ;)

Kerrigan

I don't really think I fit the traits, and I feel closer to Water and Air than to Earth.I'm remarkably air-headed and absent-minded. :D

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:23
I don't really think I fit the traits, and I feel closer to Water and Air than to Earth.I'm remarkably air-headed and absent-minded. :D

Well we don't know your Ascedent or your moon yet so you could possibly be a Libra Ascendent (if you are then man, you must be one beautiful person Lol! Two Venusian combinations.) Or you could be a Gemini or Aquarius rising, or moon :).

ihatecold17
25-08-08, 15:24
Im a leo.

Roar.

kthnxbai
25-08-08, 15:26
There are other traits within him that point towards a more dictiroical rule (i.e. Capricorn moon, etc.) His chart placements show the teniciousness of a person who wants absolute order. Ironically... Most Neocons have shown the same traits... Ohhhh yeah.

I think this is the first time I've never quite understood something

I only know my star sign....

Don't believe in astrology much ,even though it is rather interesting

pEhouse
25-08-08, 15:28
I just found out I'm a Gemini with ascendent virgo.. Cat, can you tell me anything about this combination?

Kerrigan
25-08-08, 15:29
Well we don't know your Ascedent or your moon yet so you could possibly be a Libra Ascendent (if you are then man, you must be one beautiful person Lol! Two Venusian combinations.) Or you could be a Gemini or Aquarius rising, or moon :).

You sparked my interest there so I checked my ascendant.:vlol:
Yeah, it seems I have a Libra ascendant.

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:30
I think this is the first time I've never quite understood something

I only know my star sign....

Don't believe in astrology much ,even though it is rather interesting

I thank my wife's interests for my knowladge in this little diddy (Hey cannot present an effective debate without not knowing what they are debating about Lol!)

Well let me give you a quick crash course in the three major aspects:

A personality's three main points usually center around three citical placements: Your Acendent, your Sun and your moon.

Your Ascendent is what people precieve you are and what you show to the world.

Your Sun (i.e. what this thread is about) is the main ruler of your overall beliefs and your guiding principals.

Your Moon rules over your inner beliefs and your involutary actions.

dizzydoil
25-08-08, 15:31
I'm a Scorpio. :)

I'm not like most Scorpians though.. although they do rock. T_T'

oocladableeblah
25-08-08, 15:31
Scorpio.

FourBalls
25-08-08, 15:32
Leo. Don't really think I'm a typical one, though.
Same for me.

EgyptianSoul
25-08-08, 15:32
My astrological sign is Aquarius but my personality traits are about 50% Cancer, 30% Capricorn and 20% Aquarius.

So theoretically I'm a cancer born at the wrong time. :p

clw
25-08-08, 15:33
im the first pisces i read a starsign book and they got me spot on even saying that my turnoffs were people tickling my feet and i get violent when people touch my feet so true

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:33
I just found out I'm a Gemini with ascendent virgo.. Cat, can you tell me anything about this combination?

Well:

a) You're definately going to keep your youthful beauty well into your later years. Most air signs tend to look young for their age but Gemini rules the pack amoung the lot. Angelina Jolie would be a good example of that.

b) You're most likely a neat freak :p. Virgos tend to scorf at anything messy. They are perfectionists and that means everything has a place and time. Infact I bet you love to get all hot and bothered in the shower :p.

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 15:34
Bullhickey. They are the most mysterious of the lot; Only because they tend not to disclose much about them but they do want to know EVRYTHING about the other person.

The only thing people need to worry about Scorpio is their tendency to exact revenge is ways that would put the Bask to shame.
On the first point... VERY true. Oh, and you forgot to mention... we don't trust anyone, either. :vlol:

But on the second, I strongly believe in karma, so I'd rather let go or walk away from a situation that is causing bad feelings or grief than to linger on in continual unhappiness. It's just not healthy... for either parties.

kthnxbai
25-08-08, 15:34
k I'm Aries...March 24th to be precise

what does that tell you about me?
:D

tombraider123
25-08-08, 15:37
Gemini :)

What does being a gemini actually mean?

Forwen
25-08-08, 15:38
Libra.

For years I've wanted to be a Sagittarius though, because they wield bows which reminds me of snipers, and I like sniping *shrug*

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:39
k I'm Aries...March 24th to be precise

what does that tell you about me?
:D

Extremely independent minded and DEFINATELY competitive (doesn't matter if you're male or female.) Like the famed God of War, you're most likely to excel in sports and need something to constantly channel you're energy into. You hate being bossed around.

And probably like most fire signs (except Saggitarius) you're gonna be one overbearing person in a relationship Lol! Well... you're gonna be a bit possesive. However, you do apply the double standard and want youself to be as free as possible.

Angelus
25-08-08, 15:39
Gemini.

MiCkiZ88
25-08-08, 15:40
First Capricorn, ha. Can't remember much details about my sign, but some of them were true.

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:41
Libra.

For years I've wanted to be a Sagittarius though, because they wield bows which reminds me of snipers, and I like sniping *shrug*

Watch the Bourne Identity ;). It shows exactly why Libras would make some of the most deadliest Special ops field agents in this world. Why? We are unbiased and focus plainly on the task at hand and try to find the quickest route to it without hammering in massive casualties.

While at the same time... How can anyone think that such cutsies with such beautiful faces and such charm and charisma ever hurt a living soul...

And that is when we have em :p.

pEhouse
25-08-08, 15:41
b) You're most likely a neat freak :p. Virgos tend to scorf at anything messy. They are perfectionists and that means everything has a place and time. Infact I bet you love to get all hot and bothered in the shower :p.

lol, actually, I'm quite messy. I do like it clean, but I hate cleaning :rolleyes: And I wouldn't touch anybody who I know didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom :ohn: :D

Hm, my moon sign seems to be Aquarius.. do you know a website where I can read about this?

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:43
Hm, my moon sign seems to be Aquarius.. do you know a website where I can read about this?

You can check out astro.com :). They usually have great articles as well as a chance to get your personal chart interpertation for free :).

tombraider123
25-08-08, 15:44
What does being a Gemini mean? I know I am a Gemini but I don't really know what that means, lol.

clw
25-08-08, 15:45
ive got a book and it says
aries
top ten turn offs
1 planned weekends.aries wants to explore
2partners who have to work late
3smelly feet
4dirty underwear
5cheap perfume or aftershave
6presents that have been asked for.aries wants and needs surprises 7people who snort when they laugh
8broken promises
9heart to hearts aries will speak when ready to
10smokers.aries can smoke but you cant
most of these seem obvious turnoffs for any one but maybe more for aries does it sound like you
also it says aries are headstrong opinionated action initiator, leader, loyal to a cause egotistical and passionate
i dont mind typing some star signs up if anyone wants one

Forwen
25-08-08, 15:45
Watch the Bourne Identity ;)

I read the first two books, and I refuse to watch anything that stars a cute-faced Damon boy (it was Damon right?) as Bourne. I don't remember anything about Libras though.

jackali
25-08-08, 15:46
Aquarius.

Drone
25-08-08, 15:46
Scorpio

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:47
What does being a Gemini mean? I know I am a Gemini but I don't really know what that means, lol.

a) You're an air sign; That means mental stimulation trumps physical one.

b) You're witty and definately excel at communication (mercury is your ruler.; The planet of communication.) You can probably sell water to the fishes in the ocean if you wanted to.

c) As I said to PE house, you have a youthful vibrance that you'll carry out in your later years.

Johnny Depp is a Gem.

kthnxbai
25-08-08, 15:48
Extremely independent minded and DEFINATELY competitive (doesn't matter if you're male or female.) Like the famed God of War, you're most likely to excel in sports and need something to constantly channel you're energy into. You hate being bossed around.

And probably like most fire signs (except Saggitarius) you're gonna be one overbearing person in a relationship Lol! Well... you're gonna be a bit possesive. However, you do apply the double standard and want youself to be as free as possible.

K, I'm not too overbearing, quite lenient and submissive tbh

But I am possessive, but never let my other half know

The rest is fairly true

b0bb13
25-08-08, 15:48
a) You're an air sign; That means mental stimulation trumps physical one.

b) You're witty and definately excel at communication (mercury is your ruler.; The planet of communication.) You can probably sell water to the fishes in the ocean if you wanted to.

c) As I said to PE house, you have a youthful vibrance that you'll carry out in your later years.

Johnny Depp is a Gem.

Cool!Thanks,Cat.:D

Gemini.:)

Catapharact
25-08-08, 15:50
I read the first two books, and I refuse to watch anything that stars a cute-faced Damon boy (it was Damon right?) as Bourne. I don't remember anything about Libras though.

Well don't hate him too much though: He is one of us :p. And Bourne's character; Notice that even though he has amnesia, he doesn't panics; He makes a plan and follows through it step by step.

L.C
25-08-08, 15:51
Gemini :)

Gemini.
Now this explains a lot.

I've always gotten on best with Gemini's in my life (as well as the other air sign, Libra) and I've had quite a few agreements with each of you individually in the BB thread :)

tombraider123
25-08-08, 15:51

That is so me :)

Thanks.

tombraider123
25-08-08, 15:53
Now this explains a lot.

I've always gotten on best with Gemini's in my life (as well as the other air sign, Libra) and I've had quite a few agreements with each of you individually in the BB thread :)

I honestly don't think we have disagreed once in the BB thread and I have been posting in it since BB7.

Elysia
25-08-08, 16:00
Taurus here! Pretty typical one, too: stubborn, likes home comforts, a bit of an earth mother hippy chick at heart, Bull in a China Shop mentality half the time, suffers from sore throats...

domina
25-08-08, 16:01
Aries. The best sign ever. :D

clw
25-08-08, 16:04
ive got a love star sign book so it tells you who you are best matched with and why im pisces and im match with cancer virgo and scorpio

marla_singer
25-08-08, 16:06
I'm Aries...

I don't read too much into it though :p

Sedge
25-08-08, 16:10
http://thesmileysite.com/smileyimg/taurus Taurus

Sun in Taurus, Moon in Libra • Ascendant in Sagittarius, Jupiter in the Eighth House • Saturn in the Second House • Sun in the Fourth House • Venus in the Seventh House • Venus Opposition Ascendant • Moon in the Ninth House

.. I wonder what that means but I'm trying to find out! :D I love reading about astrological stuff because most of the things associated with Taurus always seem to fit me - or maybe I just make them fit but.. anyway. It's fascinating, always nice to learn more about myself(if not that seriously but it is fun ^__^). :p

stereopathic
25-08-08, 16:15
suck on some 70's humor! :D
oHm_nmjf0Cs
"pisces, it's a good time to pull the plug on that machine that's been keeping your daughter alive."
:vlol:

Geck-o-Lizard
25-08-08, 16:20
Gemini, like my sister. We're like night and day though.

Bonez
25-08-08, 16:22
Virgo. :)

Endow
25-08-08, 16:22
Libra, if that means anything.

Alex Fly
25-08-08, 16:24
I'm an Aries. ;)

Death Mask
25-08-08, 16:28
Cancer, my symbol is a stupid crab. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Angelus
25-08-08, 16:28
Is there a website which tells you what your sign means?

Archetype
25-08-08, 16:31
I didnt vote because i'm on the cusp, so I'm pisces and aries.

Sedge
25-08-08, 16:34
Is there a website which tells you what your sign means?
I think it was Catapharact who gave this link: www.astro.com
I went..
-> Free Horoscopes -> Personal Portrait
..And it gave quite a long description. :p

CuteKittenlol
25-08-08, 16:36
Gemini XD

MiCkiZ88
25-08-08, 16:40
Wowzah.. just checked info about my sign from that site. Some of them are very accurate. o.o

ShadyCroft
25-08-08, 16:43
This...
http://cdnll.i.imagechef.com/ic/templimg2/Sagittarius%20the%20Archer.jpg

And these are the celebrities I share the sign with:
Brad Pitt ---------------------------------------->same b-day December 18
Samuel L. Jackson
Scarlett Johansson
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera -------------------------------->same b-day
Kim Basinger
Kiefer Sutherland
Tyra Banks
Jay Z
Joe Dimaggio
Daryl Hannah
Brendan Fraser
Julianne Moore
Milla Jovovich
Christina Applegate
Anna Nicole Smith
Sophie Monk
Alyssa Milano
Jake Gyllenhaal
Katie Holmes
Lucy Liu
Jennifer Connelly
Tina Turner
Ben Stiller
Teri Hatcher
Adam Brody
Bette Midler
Ozzy Osbourne
Jimi Hendrix
Steven Spielberg ------------------------------------>same b-day
Benjamin Bratt
Michael Vartan
Katherine Heigl
Miley Cyrus
Bruce Lee
Clay Aiken
Ed Harris
Jamie Foxx
Elisha Cuthbert
Nelly Furtado
Taylor Swift
James Kyson Lee
Dominic Monaghan
Amy Lee

sjam_raider
25-08-08, 16:45
Aquarius :D
Kinda true as well...:eek:
lol

Nemo_91
25-08-08, 16:48
ShadyCroft, you forgot Amy Lee. :p

Tthe Spirit
25-08-08, 16:49
Scorpio...

http://www.medtogo.com/assets/images/scorpion.jpg :D:D:D

Crystal girl
Virgo here :p

ShadyCroft
Yeah, mine too..
I especially lingered over these...

The struggle to realize your life plans might be difficult, and you will receive little assistance from persons close to you.

You are a thinker and a slow, but determined planner.

You tend to worry needlessly or give excessive attention to plans which will yield very little in relation to the effort invested.

ShadyCroft, you forgot Amy Lee.

oh, I did. :)

Immortalis08
25-08-08, 17:03
Gemini...:mis:

Alex Fly
25-08-08, 17:04
Wowzah.. just checked info about my sign from that site. Some of them are very accurate. o.o
For me too. Incredible. :eek:

ShadyCroft
25-08-08, 17:08
^^ I also found a book in a book store about astrological signs and their traits, and mine in that book matched the ones on the astro.com website!! :eek:

Nannonxyay
25-08-08, 17:09
Scorpio. :wve: :D

-DaNnEe..
25-08-08, 17:13
Taurus. ;)

Encore
25-08-08, 17:14
I'm a Sagittarius. :)

Oddly enough practically everything about this sign fits me like a glove except one of the most important characteristics - which is that Sagittarius' are usually very social and extroverted people and I'm the oposite of that, except when I'm with my close circle. :p

I was born on almost the last day of the sign though (December 20th, last day is December 21st).

kooky
25-08-08, 17:16
Cancer :wve:

Angelus
25-08-08, 17:17
I think it was Catapharact who gave this link: www.astro.com
I went..
-> Free Horoscopes -> Personal Portrait
..And it gave quite a long description. :p

Thanks. :D

Some of mine were accurate, while others weren't. :p

peeves
25-08-08, 17:20
Leo :wve:

ShadyCroft
25-08-08, 17:27
Oddly enough practically everything about this sign fits me like a glove except one of the most important characteristics - which is that Sagittarius' are usually very social and extroverted people and I'm the oposite of that, except when I'm with my close circle.

It doesn't mean you have to be one of those who go around and make friends easily. When you meet someone new, do you feel that this someone takes to you and likes you quickly ?
I am a shy person, but when I do meet someone, they like me pretty quickly and find me mega friendly, which explains why alot of people like to come to me and talk to me for hours...I'm a good listener and a comforter too, and thats what I think sociable means.

I was born on almost the last day of the sign though (December 20th, last day is December 21st).

same as Keifer Sutherland. :p

Encore
25-08-08, 17:36
It doesn't mean you have to be one of those who go around and make friends easily. When you meet someone new, do you feel that this someone takes to you and likes you quickly ?

Actually yes. O_o I tend to become "close confident" with a lot of the people I do meet, because they feel so at ease, but I have no idea why; except that I know how to listen. lol. But it's cool.

Amboo
25-08-08, 17:48
Scorpio for me:)

ShadyCroft
25-08-08, 17:52
Actually yes. O_o I tend to become "close confident" with a lot of the people I do meet, because they feel so at ease, but I have no idea why; except that I know how to listen. lol. But it's cool.

Because we are Sagittarius and we rule!!! :jmp: we're the lovable and cuddly kind!
Free hugs, everyone! :hug:

cristina8992
25-08-08, 18:07
Virgo here.:wve:

touchthesky
25-08-08, 18:07
Scorpio.

Encore
25-08-08, 18:23
Because we are Sagittarius and we rule!!!

GROUP HUG!! http://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/New_emoticons/grouphug.gif

digitizedboy
25-08-08, 18:24
Gemini

Some of my own characteristics are remarkably close to this sign. Although it's usually the negative pointers that I can relate to most. :p

Nemo_91
25-08-08, 18:25
GROUP HUG!! http://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/New_emoticons/grouphug.gif

That's cute :D

star-dust
25-08-08, 18:35
Capricorn!!! :D

Ward Dragon
25-08-08, 18:51
Scorpio :)

only Croft
25-08-08, 18:54
I'm a Sagittarius, but I trust more the chinese horoscope in which I'm a monkey XD

MattTR
25-08-08, 19:05
Aquarius for the win! :D

Naz2000
25-08-08, 19:06
Capricorn

TR93
25-08-08, 19:07
Virgo:p
But I was one day away from not being a virgo:p

TombRaiderLover
25-08-08, 19:10
Aquarius are better than everyone else. :ohn: :p

clw
25-08-08, 19:18
lol tombraiderlover and matttr i guess aquarius are competitive then

Autolycus
25-08-08, 19:19
Virgo.

Tihocan9
25-08-08, 19:19
Virgo, but I have no belief that the stars influence my life.

Quasimodo
25-08-08, 19:25
Another Libra here :)

Agent 47
25-08-08, 19:29

i'm a Scorpio

i agree with you :D

L.C
25-08-08, 19:43
lol tombraiderlover and matttr i guess aquarius are competitive then

Not necessarily.

Just very intelligent.

Most known geniuses happen to be Aquarians :D

MiCkiZ88
25-08-08, 19:46
Most known geniuses happen to be Aquarians :DJust like my wise ass dad then, who happens to be a member of Mensa. Dont know if I should be proud, and I certainly don't know if I have any of his intelligence in me. :D

And hah, found this bit funny about my horoscope: ''Egocentric''

coolezpunk
25-08-08, 19:48
Cancer :wve:

patriots88888
25-08-08, 20:08
Scorpios Rule! :D

Drone
25-08-08, 20:10

they do :cool:

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 20:15

they do :cool:
A little biased? (...not that I disagree with you) :vlol:

Agent 47
25-08-08, 20:25
Scorpions are cool because they kill without mercy....

they are indeed Silent Assassins :jmp:

peffect
25-08-08, 20:27
LEO. *roar*

Sir Croft
25-08-08, 20:30
Cancer

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 20:32

they are indeed Silent Assassins :jmp:LMAO! :vlol:

tomb raider 22
25-08-08, 20:36
I'm Cancer the crab. :)

Same :) :D Cancer Rules :D

Naomichi
25-08-08, 20:38
Same :) :D Cancer Rules :D

That just looks SO wrong.:p

tomb raider 22
25-08-08, 20:46
Sorry I Ment Cancer The Crab Rules :o

Agent 47
25-08-08, 20:49
LMAO! :vlol:

it's true though :D

takamotosan
25-08-08, 20:49
Sagittarius

:)

IanCroft
25-08-08, 20:53
My Sun: Aquarius

My Moon: Aries

My Ascendant: Virgo

Cat....Analyze me!

Im interested to see how close you come in getting my Personality/Characteristics/Traits right....hehehe

ShadyCroft
25-08-08, 20:57
^^or you can analyze yourself.
Here: www.astro.com ;)

L.C
25-08-08, 20:58

So true!

By some twist of fate I've been surrounded by them all my life - a close sister, a couple good friends, an ex-husband - and without exception they have proven they have no mercy when it comes to using that poisoned stinger :eek:

Agent 47
25-08-08, 21:04
So true!

By some twist of fate I've been surrounded by them all my life - a close sister, a couple good friends, an ex-husband - and without exception they have proven they have no mercy when it comes to using that poisoned stinger :eek:

your own sister :(

L.C
25-08-08, 21:14
She's not ever been like that with me, but I know anyone who crosses her will regret it!

I was actually quite frightened of the sign, but only after one of my Scorpio friends explained that to them loyalty is everything and they never forget a true friend. They are very secretive and like to keep others guessing. Also, they are really just the most misunderstood sign of all, it made more sense. I still don't get along with most of them, but I understood their motives better.

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 21:15
it's true though :D

So true!

Ok, so I guess my first post stands then... we are the most feared sign in the zodiac. :vlol:

But tbh... I had a LOT of people mistake blunt, utter honesty for "poisonous sting" and it's true... I think it's very hard for a Scorpio to "sugar-coat" things. But I think it's because it almost feels like we're being somewhat dishonest when we do that. And honesty and trust are SO important to us. And I also think it's because there are no "gray" areas for Scopios. It's all about extremes... all or nothing... unfortunately. :vlol: :D :wve:

Drone
25-08-08, 21:18
But tbh... I had a LOT of people mistake blunt, utter honesty for "poisonous sting" and it's true... I think it's very hard for a Scorpio to "sugar-coat" things. But I think it's because it almost feels like we're being somewhat dishonest when we do that. And honesty and trust are SO important to us. And I also think it's because there are no "gray" areas for Scopios. It's all about extremes... all or nothing... unfortunately. :vlol: :D :wve:

and I've never seen a repenting scorpio :p

L.C
25-08-08, 21:20
That's the other thing I learned about Scorpios - when they see something they want they will pursue it NO MATTER WHAT :D

Agent 47
25-08-08, 21:24
That's the other thing I learned about Scorpios - when they see something they want they will pursue it NO MATTER WHAT :D

yep... i wouldn't have pc/internet/ps3 otherwise :vlol:

i agree with Veronica's post above too :D

Tomb_of_Darkns
25-08-08, 21:34
i am a taurus the sexual sign driven by the planet venus....the planet of loooovee :D lol :p

other than being sexual (:p) it's the earth sign, so i'm well-grounded most of the time, but one bad thing is that since we are basically a bull, we have terrible tempers.

violentblossom
25-08-08, 21:35
Aquarius are better than everyone else. :ohn: :p

LOL.

I agree. <3

Aquarius! Woot!

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 21:35
Absolutely... we are SO goal oriented, it's not funny. :vlol: But I think we also know that some things are just out of our control and would not pursue something that is clearly out of reach or out of our control. It's not logical. (OMG, I sound like Spock! LMAO! :vlol:)

Drone
25-08-08, 21:37
Absolutely... we are SO goal oriented, it's not funny. :vlol: But I think we also know that some things are just out of our control and would not pursue something that is clearly out of reach or out of our control. It's not logical. (OMG, I sound like Spock! LMAO! :vlol:)

scorpios ain't stalkers ;)

Tomb_of_Darkns
25-08-08, 21:38
LOL.

I agree. <3

Aquarius! Woot!

hey the girl i like is an aquarius, to bad we aren't astrologically compatible, but that won't stop me :D

IceColdLaraCroft
25-08-08, 21:39
Leo

There are tons of us :)

Agent 47
25-08-08, 21:40

please be advised it wasn't me who brought Trek into the thread :vlol:

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 21:42
please be advised it wasn't me who brought Trek into the thread :vlol::vlol:

findme
25-08-08, 21:43
Scorpio.

As novembers exactly 9 months after valentines ;)

L.C
25-08-08, 21:48
Scorpio.

As novembers exactly 9 months after valentines ;)

And if you've read any of my other posts in this thread, findme, you'll see why it makes sense that we seem to never agree when it comes to the BB thread :D

I may find myself at loggerheads with you Scorpions, but I'm no longer afraid of you!

Agent 47
25-08-08, 21:51
:vlol:

Vulcan's show no emotion therefore the use of that smilie = EPIC FAIL

*had to bring up canon Veronica* sorry :(:D

Spock emoticon needed lol

Veronica Ma
25-08-08, 21:58
And if you've read any of my other posts in this thread, findme, you'll see why it makes sense that we seem to never agree when it comes to the BB thread :D

I may find myself at loggerheads with you Scorpions, but I'm no longer afraid of you!
Yay.. Mission accomplished! :hug: :wve:
Vulcan's show no emotion therefore the use of that smilie = EPIC FAIL

*had to bring up canon Veronica* sorry :(:D

Spock emoticon needed lolSo I guess *hugs* are not allowed either, huh. :vlol:

Agent 47
25-08-08, 22:05
Yay.. Mission accomplished! :hug: :wve:
So I guess *hugs* are not allowed either, huh. :vlol:

there's always finger touching :D see Journey to Babel :vlol:

Mr Shatner & Nimoy are both aries :D

MoonSword
25-08-08, 22:06
Taurus.

I'm stunned it's not evenly distributed. Maybe someone does a serious study concerning a link between astrological sign and TR fan condition... :D

spikejones
25-08-08, 22:23
IM a virgo, Sept 4th to be precise. I wonder if I was conceived on New Years Eve?:yik::whi:

edit... wait - that would only be eight months of pregnancy.. oops.

Twilight
25-08-08, 22:42
http://i35.************/2uzt9pv.jpg

even for a joke, that's not that flattering.

thecentaur
25-08-08, 22:43
gemini :wve:

and Cutekittenlol and i have the same b-day :) i'm just a year younger :)

Catapharact
25-08-08, 22:49
Ok, so I guess my first post stands then... we are the most feared sign in the zodiac. :vlol:

Actually under the current defination of psycopaths Veronica, you guys shouldn't be the most feared sign of them all.

Sorry General Chat populus for saying this but you are still all kids and have much to learn about human persona and the basis of Pyscopaths; And usually these guys/girls are the last people in the world you would think would do such things.

Scorpios, when they commit attrocities, do so out of intense emotional rebuttle. Though their actions are usually overly cruel, and violent, there is a set reason as to why they do the things they do and its usually easy to read it from their disdain. Though yes they keep a poker face on, its usually easy to spot a Scorpio and their presence (barring offcourse those who might have more Airy influence in them.)

Socio and psycopaths by modern defination tend to be more charismatic, charming, easy on the eyes, but their influence tend to be more suddle... And by those definations, they are usually the last people you would think that would commit and they do so without emotional concequence; Its cold hard logic for their actions.

So its kinds ironic that the most plesent signs in the Zodiac (i.e. Libra & Gemini) can also be the darkest. The Fictional serial killer Dexter for instance should be a very good example of such persionalities.

My Sun: Aquarius

My Moon: Aries

My Ascendant: Virgo

Cat....Analyze me!

Im interested to see how close you come in getting my Personality/Characteristics/Traits right....hehehe

Most people would call your actions as... "different" (essentric would be the right word.) That's because you have an Aqua sun and they usually are the essentrics of the Zodiac world (right next to Gemini.) With a Aqua sun and an Aries moon, there is no doubt that you're an independent personality and would likely not care if you have a soul mate or not to spend the rest of your life with. Friendhip trumps relationship for you.

Since you have two independent influenced signs in your top two, and you happen to have an Aries moon. ; If you are going to be in a relationship, chances are you're gonna be the one wearing the pants (or demand that you do.)

With a Virgo rising, you're a perfectionist. So no matter how essentric your actions or tasks might be, you have a set idea as to how they should be carried out and would want them to be done that way.

Angel666
25-08-08, 23:15
I think I'm a pretty typical Pisces. March 8, 1991. :D

lararoxs
25-08-08, 23:22
Virgo, September 6 1993

could someone analyse that?:):wve:

Sedge
25-08-08, 23:40
.. Duh, now I want to have an analysis by Catapharact aswell! :p .. Or is it getting bothersome already? You just.. seem to know this stuff, and I'm interested! :D

http://thesmileysite.com/smileyimg/taurus Taurus

Sun in Taurus, Moon in Libra Ascendant in Sagittarius, Jupiter in the Eighth House Saturn in the Second House Sun in the Fourth House Venus in the Seventh House Venus Opposition Ascendant Moon in the Ninth House

ChingKong
25-08-08, 23:48
:yah: cancer!...lot o' scorpio

Night Crawler
26-08-08, 00:06
Virgo.

Twilight
26-08-08, 00:12
"Scorpio is the only sign that has three animal totems. First, there is the well-known Scorpion with its active tail. Second, as the Scorpio learns to master its passion and hold its instincts at bay, it changes into the Eagle. The Eagle has more perspective, for it flies high above the surface of circumstances, swooping down with its power only to kill prey for food. In its third form, the Scorpion becomes the always-peaceful dove. The real meaning of Scorpio is thus shown. Scorpio is about metamorphosis. Scorpios transform the painful poisons of possessive passion into a higher consciousness based on universal love."
http://horoscopes.aol.com/astrology/zodiac-central/scorpio

"The Eagle and the Scorpion
An important, though little known chapter in Scorpio lore is the placement of the Eagle in polarity to the Scorpion. Most Scorpios, if they dare be so revealing, would confess of an ongoing internal conflict between two distinct aspects of their nature. For individuals with a strong Scorpio influence, this may feel sometimes as a civil war of the self. This is not an abnormal psychological state. Here can be found the echoes of the earliest understandings of the Scorpio character.
Scorpions are creatures which crawl along the ground, seeking out the hidden spaces. They are a mystery to humanity, shrouded in fear and misunderstanding. Left to their own, they are comfortable in the low lying realms of the world. If provoked, however, they will strike with a deadly vengeance. The Eagle soars. On great wings this ruler of the wind rises above earthbound limitations. From this lofty perspective, the Eagle sees a world others may never dream. The bird of prey also strikes a swift and deadly blow. Yet, unlike the Scorpion, the Eagle has the ability to soar beyond. Within the spirit of every Scorpio resides this dual nature."
http://www.elore.com/Astrology/Study/scorpio.htm

how true. it only has my username make more and more sense.

Shrantellatessa
26-08-08, 00:17

Ditto :yah:

n00b raider
26-08-08, 00:30
http://i35.************/2uzt9pv.jpg

OMG. :eek:
Where did you get that picture? I love it!
Scorpios FTW!

Tyrannosaurus
26-08-08, 00:32
I am a Cancer. Just ignore the fact that I was born under the sign of Aries.

Twilight
26-08-08, 00:36
OMG. :eek:
Where did you get that picture? I love it!
Scorpios FTW!

http://www.hometown.aol.com/p1pi2/scorpio.html

odd how it resembles my avatar.

Encore
26-08-08, 00:39

That's one of my favourite painters. Kagaya. He painted the whole Zodiac and other mythological themes.... He is AMAZING.

http://www.kagayastudio.com/starry/index.html

n00b raider
26-08-08, 00:40

Thank you!

peeves
26-08-08, 00:40
I already said i was a leo i'm a horse chinese zodiac wise My birthday is Aug 15 , 1990 I was conceived on Thanksgiving day of 89.

Twilight
26-08-08, 00:42
That's one of my favourite painters. Kagaya. He painted the whole Zodiac and other mythological themes.... He is AMAZING.

wow...he is.

Ward Dragon
26-08-08, 00:44

Whoa! :eek: *adds link to favorites and saves pictures* Those are breathtaking and beautiful :D

Encore
26-08-08, 00:45
Yeah, it's so soothing to just stare at them. :o

ladykillercroft
26-08-08, 00:47
scorpio, and i am a typical impulsive and short tempered one at that!

Aphrodite22
26-08-08, 00:48
Sagittarius :p

*laralover*
26-08-08, 00:52
Pisces :)

My birthday is the 5th of March

Ruling Planet: Neptune
Quality: Mutable
Element: Water

This idealistic, dreamy, kind and impractical sign needs a lot of understanding. They have a fractured personality that has so many sides and so many moods that they probably don't even understand themselves. Nobody is more kind, thoughtful and caring but they have a tendency to drift away from people and responsibilities. When the going gets rough, they get going! Being creative, clever and resourceful, these people can achieve a great deal and really reach the top but few of them do. Some Pisceans have a self-destruct button which they press before reaching their goal. Others do achieve success and the motivating force behind this essentially spiritual and mystical sign is often money. Many Pisceans feel insecure, most suffer some experience of poverty at some time in their early lives and they grow into adulthood determined that they will never feel that kind of uncertainty again.Pisceans are at home in any kind of creative or caring career. Many can be found in teaching, nursing and the arts. Some find life hard and are often unhappy; many have to make tremendous sacrifices on behalf of others. This may be a pattern that repeats itself from childhood, where the message is that the Piscean's needs always come last.

These people can be stubborn, awkward, selfish and quite nasty when a friendship or relationship goes sour. This is because, despite their basically kind and gentle personality, there is a side which needs to be in charge of any relationship. Pisceans make extremely faithful partners as long as the romance doesn't evaporate and their partners treat them well. Problems occur if they are mistreated or rejected, if they become bored or restless or if their alcohol intake climbs over the danger level. The Piscean lover is a sexual fantasist, so in this sphere of life, anything can happen.

This is all true for me although im not sure about the whole anger thing but i do tend to get mad at random things :p My worst enemy seems to be Leos :o My best friend is a Leo and she mothers me constantly and really gets on my nerve :p yet we share alot in common and have fun together. Hm i think Pisces are a rare sign iv only ever met one Pisces but we got on as soon as we talked together :D

pizzabob18
26-08-08, 01:17
I'm a Libra, and my birthday comes in less than 2 months! :jmp:

Angel666
26-08-08, 01:20
Pisces :)

My birthday is the 5th of March

Ruling Planet: Neptune
Quality: Mutable
Element: Water

This idealistic, dreamy, kind and impractical sign needs a lot of understanding. They have a fractured personality that has so many sides and so many moods that they probably don't even understand themselves. Nobody is more kind, thoughtful and caring but they have a tendency to drift away from people and responsibilities. When the going gets rough, they get going! Being creative, clever and resourceful, these people can achieve a great deal and really reach the top but few of them do. Some Pisceans have a self-destruct button which they press before reaching their goal. Others do achieve success and the motivating force behind this essentially spiritual and mystical sign is often money. Many Pisceans feel insecure, most suffer some experience of poverty at some time in their early lives and they grow into adulthood determined that they will never feel that kind of uncertainty again.Pisceans are at home in any kind of creative or caring career. Many can be found in teaching, nursing and the arts. Some find life hard and are often unhappy; many have to make tremendous sacrifices on behalf of others. This may be a pattern that repeats itself from childhood, where the message is that the Piscean's needs always come last.

These people can be stubborn, awkward, selfish and quite nasty when a friendship or relationship goes sour. This is because, despite their basically kind and gentle personality, there is a side which needs to be in charge of any relationship. Pisceans make extremely faithful partners as long as the romance doesn't evaporate and their partners treat them well. Problems occur if they are mistreated or rejected, if they become bored or restless or if their alcohol intake climbs over the danger level. The Piscean lover is a sexual fantasist, so in this sphere of life, anything can happen.

This is all true for me although im not sure about the whole anger thing but i do tend to get mad at random things :p My worst enemy seems to be Leos :o My best friend is a Leo and she mothers me constantly and really gets on my nerve :p yet we share alot in common and have fun together. Hm i think Pisces are a rare sign iv only ever met one Pisces but we got on as soon as we talked together :D

WOOT! Fellow Piscean!!! :yah: I haven't met many either. The alcohol thing is definately true. :o

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-08-08, 02:09
Pisces, baby! :cool:

ThatNorskChick
26-08-08, 03:06
Virgo....on the cusp of Libra. :p

ivannnnn
26-08-08, 03:33
Taurus. :)

kryptonite23
26-08-08, 04:25
Saguitarius :cool:

Tyrannosaurus
26-08-08, 04:26
From an Astrology page I happened across:

"There is no question about the simple fact that astrology does not work. Nor is there any reason why it should work."

Here's why:

SCIENTIFIC TESTS ON ASTROLOGY

from: Double-blind Test of Astrology by Shawn Carlson: http://www.psychicinvestigator.com/demo/AstroSkc.htm

"Despite astrologers' claims, Carlson found those in the study could correctly match only one of every three natal charts with the proper personality profile - the very proportion predicted by chance. In addition, astrologers in the study fell far short of their own prediction that they would correctly match one of every two natal charts provided. Even when astrologers expressed strong confidence in a particular match, they were no more likely to be correct..."

Carlson, Shawn, "A double-blind test of astrology," Nature, 318:419, Dec. 5, 1985.

from: Astrology Fact Sheet: http://www.ntskeptics.org/FACTSHTS/astrolog.htm

Scientists have been quite baffled by the growing popularity of astrology, and a number of them have taken the time to carry out careful studies to see if there is any actual correlation between planetary positions at birth and any attribute of the individual in later life. No statistically valid study has ever shown any connection that would give any validity to any astrological concept-no matter how vaguely that concept has been worded! There is no question about the simple fact that astrology does not work. Nor is there any reason why it should work.

from: When astrology is tested by science: http://perso.club-internet.fr/christian.nitschelm/astr_usa.html

"Astrology, which has been built since its origin on completely irrational bases, is thus undoubtedly classified among the false sciences and cannot in any case be classified as a real science. Indeed, it remains completely inadmissible in a scientific vision of the Universe for a great number of reasons: divergences between astrologers, hazardous and often unverifiable nature of astrological predictions, vague nature of the so-called astral influences, etc.

"...simple observation removes any scientific validity and any credibility from a construction based on an ancient and medieval cosmological vision which is completely obsolete, and which placed the Earth at the center of a finite universe of a small size, as well as on a so-called privileged position of the Man in the cosmos. Indeed, the Sun, no more than the Earth, does not occupy the center of the Universe at all.

from: Horoscopes Versus Telescopes: A Focus on Astrology ... and "Jetology": http://www.aspsky.org/education/tnl/11/11.html

"psychologist Bernard Silverman of Michigan State University looked at 2,978 marriages and 478 divorces for 1967 and 1968 to see if ``compatible'' astrological signs were more likely to get and stay together. He found that there was no correlation -- compatible and incompatible signs got married and divorced equally often."

from: Does astrology work? http://home.xnet.com/~blatura/skep_7.html#7.1

No. A number of studies have been done which have failed to find any predictive power in astrology. Psychologists have also done studies showing that people will agree with almost any statement made about them provided that it is a mild compliment. Hence testimonials and personal impressions about how accurate a horoscope is are not evidence that astrology works.

"Astrology is part of our past, but astrologers have given no plausible reason why it should have a role in our future." --I. W. Kelly

from: Critical thinking study topics - Pseudoscience Fact Sheets http://basement-1.mtd.com/csj.org/studyindex/studycrthk/study_pseddoscience/study_factatrology1.htm

"Modern science has devastated the foundations of astrology at every possible point. For instance, the time of birth of an individual is in no way significant. The individual is formed at conception, 9 months before birth. What are the astrological implications of caesarian sections or induced deliveries? Modern biology has uncovered the molecular basis of genetic inheritance, and there is no room for astrology anywhere in the picture."

from: Studies on Astrology: http://www.skepsis.no/english/subject/astrology/studies.html

Culver, R., Ianna, P. Astrology: True or False, p215 Prometheus 1988 - "A double blind test of astrologer John McCall was organized at the University of Virginia by Charles Tolvert and Philip Ianna. McCall claimed an 80 percent success rate in choosing the correct natal horoscope for a subject from three false ones. Twenty-eight subjects were chosen according to McCalls requirements (naturally born caucasians). McCall had 7 successes out of 28 trials, exactly the number predicted by chance."

Silverman, Bernie I., Contemporary Astronomy by J. Pasachoff, cf p437 W. B. Saunders 1977 and Kop, P., Heuts, B. Journal of Interdisciplenary Cycle Research 5, 191974

The above 2 studies found no correlation between marriage/divorce rate and sun sign combinations in the state of Michigan and the city of Amsterdam.

John McGervey Physicist Case Western Reserve University - Found that the sun signs of 6,000 politicians and 10,000 scientists were randomly distributed, showing in essence that there is no correlation between astrological sign and personality.

Shawn Carlson - A Double-blind Test of Astrology - Nature, 318, 419 1985 - 116 adults filled out California Personality Index surveys and provided natal data. One set of natal data and the results of three personality surveys (one of which was for the same person as the natal data) were given to an astrologer who was to interpret the natal data and determine which of the three CPI results belonged to the same subject as the natal data. The San Francisco chapter of the National Council for Geocosmic Research recommended the 28 astrologers who took part. They approved the procedure in advance and predicted that they would select the correct CPI profiles in more that 50 per cent of the trials. Out of 116 trials, the astrologers chose the correct CPI 34 per cent of the time. This agrees with the random chance prediction of 1 of 3 trails producing a correct choice. Horoscopes were prepared by professional astronomers for 83 subjects. Each subject was given three charts, one of which belonged to the subject. In 28 of 83 trials the subject chose the correct chart. This is the success rate expected for random chance.

Dean, Geoffrey - Astrological readings were done for a groups of subjects. The content of some of the readings were reversed (changed phrases describing the subject to their opposites). Subjects reported that both the reversed and normal readings applied 95 per cent of the time.

Gauquelin, M. "L'Influence des Astres, Etude Critique et Experimentale" Dauphin Press 1955 - Found no correlation between occupation and the zodiac signs containing Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and the Moon at the time of birth.

Gauquelin, M. The Cosmic Clocks, p84 Henry Regnery Co. 1967 - Found random distribution of the house containing Saturn for successful individuals, and the house containing Mars for murderers.

Barth, J., Bennet, J. Leonardo 7, 235 1974 - Found no correlation between occupation, medical problems, height, longevity, and the zodiac signs containing Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter at the time of birth.

Culver, R., Ianna, P. Astronomy Quarterly, 1, 85 1977 - Pretty much the same study and results as the previous reference. Additionally, no correlation was found between occupation, medical problems, etc. and angular separation (along the ecliptic) of planet pairs at time of birth.

Dean, G. "Does Astrology Need to be True? Part 1: A Look at the Real Thing" Skeptical Inquirer, 1987 - Astrologers prepared horoscopes for subjects correct natal data. Reversed charts were then constructed from the correct charts by retaining the sun sign, but reversing all of the planetary aspects. Half of the subjects were given correct charts, the other half were given reversed charts. There was no correlation between the perceived accuracy of the charts and whether the subject was given a correct or reversed chart.

Dwyer T. Unpublished word described in Dean, 1987 - Horoscopes were prepared for correct natal data and for a birth date 5 years and 6 months before the correct date, with the correct sun sign retained. Thirty subjects were given the correct and incorrect charts. Half of the subjects picked the correct chart, half chose the incorrect chart.

Endow
26-08-08, 04:47

Ward Dragon
26-08-08, 04:49
Yup, well said Tyrannosaurus and Endow :tmb: I have fun looking over this stuff, but it really does seem like the profile throws a bunch of random and contradictory stuff at me hoping that something will fit, and then that must be the dominant part of my chart :p

Fallen.Angel
26-08-08, 06:10
Sagittarius. :D

Lara's Backpack
26-08-08, 07:27
Cancer, Im a winter baby :]

KC Mraz
26-08-08, 07:29
Virgo

Legend 4ever
26-08-08, 07:35
Scorpio

Angelx14
26-08-08, 07:38
Libras are the second most. Woot =D

young Lara Croft
26-08-08, 07:51
Go sagittarius! :D

Drone
26-08-08, 07:57
22 scorpios!

Veronica Ma
26-08-08, 08:34
In its third form, the Scorpion becomes the always-peaceful dove. The real meaning of Scorpio is thus shown. Scorpio is about metamorphosis. Scorpios transform the painful poisons of possessive passion into a higher consciousness based on universal love."I kinda knew the dove was a symbol of peace and universal loving kindness and compassion which is huge in buddhist teaching... but I had NO idea it had ANYTHING to do with being Scorpio. Thank you SO much for posting. :)

KIKO
26-08-08, 09:42

There is so much i don't know about it, Moon on Cancer, sun on Cancer. How do I know if I am one of these ? :p

clw
26-08-08, 11:04
questions for pisces it says we hate other peoples children i know it might sound bad but i actually do
and it says we hate cheery people in the morning true again and hate having our feet tickled i dont know if it the same for all pisces but it spot on with me what do you think dont jugde me on hating other peoples children actually hates abit of a strong word dislike
kiko wats your bday thats how you know the difference

Domino
26-08-08, 12:58
Aries! :)

AnthonyShock1515
26-08-08, 13:14
I'm an Aquarian.:)

There are a lot of us on here along with Scorpios and Libras!:cln:

Encore
26-08-08, 13:37
Spread the word Tyrannosaurus! I always wonder why people pay importance to this particular astrological philosophy and not others like the chinese or whatever. I don't even know what it is said about my sign (Libra) but I'm pretty sure I can come with people all over the world that were born on the exact same day I did and that do not share these traits.

Yup, well said Tyrannosaurus and Endow :tmb: I have fun looking over this stuff, but it really does seem like the profile throws a bunch of random and contradictory stuff at me hoping that something will fit, and then that must be the dominant part of my chart :p

If you read a more in depth book on astrology you'll realise there's nothing they say that contradicts individuality. Astrological signs types are basically the ancient equivalents of modern personality types, the diference is they believed it was influenced by cosmic forces while today we believe it's all in our brains and genes.

Even the part where they claim they can predict more or less the person's destiny, they always say that individual choice always plays a part and it can drive you further away, or closer, to that destiny.

So I'm not saying it's all logical and you should believe it, I'm just saying the argument "if there are only 12 signs why is everybody so diferent", is simplistic because astrologists themselves acknowledge individuality is one of the biggest human traits.

The problem with people who usually tend to ridicule astrology is that they base their "information" on this discipline from mainstream astrology - the stuff you read in the morning paper and the magazines. It's like basing your opinion on all journalism from what you see in tabloids. *shrugs*

Oh and Endow, I think it's only natural westerners pay more attention to western astrology just like chinese pay more attention to the chinese one. ;)

bett
26-08-08, 14:43
Libra :)

And it shows lol

Endow
26-08-08, 15:42
Does it?

Catapharact
26-08-08, 15:49
It all seems so vague and relative. Is there anything an astrologer can stand behind when saying something (anything really) about me as a Libra? Or about AnthonyShock1515 as an Aquarius? Isn't astrology supposed to be a science, in that it takes into account data, pertaining to the physical world and has a set of rules? Or is it about faith like any religion? These questions aren't necessarily directed at you btw; they are just the questions I'd like an astrologer or someone who believes in astrology to answer.

Offcourse there is set psycological aspects but people tend to confuse nature and nurture togather. To make a pot, you need clay; How the pot looks or turns out depends partly on how its molded and partly on what clay its being made out of. A Libra for instance strives to find balance in his/her life. In some cases, they would go to the extremes to make sure that such balance does occurs. The famous biblical figure Lucifer should be a testiment to that.

There is a set pattern in personalities and traits within each sun sign and I can verily tell that your skeptisism is quite a classic Libra trait; Where a Libra wants to be absolutely sure that a point is valid and would argue anything imaginable to see just how strong the argument the other person is making really is ;). Niezche was a Libra. Need I say more?

So in short, you are just showing Libraic traits without even realizing you're doing so.

Hybrid Soldier
26-08-08, 16:13
Virgo. :)

Endow
26-08-08, 16:14
Offcourse there is set psycological aspects but people tend to confuse nature and nurture togather. To make a pot, you need clay; How the pot looks or turns out depends partly on how its molded and partly on what clay its being made out of. A Libra for instance strives to find balance in his/her life. In some cases, they would go to the extremes to make sure that such balance does occurs. The famous biblical figure Lucifer should be a testiment to that.

There is a set pattern in personalities and traits within each sun sign and I can verily tell that your skeptisism is quite a classic Libra trait; Where a Libra wants to be absolutely sure that a point is valid and would argue anything imaginable to see just how strong the argument the other person is making really is ;). Niezche was a Libra. Need I say more?

So in short, you are just showing Libraic traits without even realizing you're doing so.

The question is - can other signs possess these same traits to the same degree? Could a person who is not a Libra, exhibit these same traits in such a patent/prominent way; in such a blatant way that it could be considered the axis of his/her personality? The human being is a psychological chameleon - everyone is bit of something at some point. Astrology takes into account individuality thereby acknowledging this, so if it's a matter of proportion, what stands out, what is self-evident and undeniable, then there shouldn't be such a person, no?

I can't really deny that I'm a bit like that :), but is it because what it says about me is so vague and broad that the probability of me not possessing such a trait is slim? Can astrology say anything about what I'm not? Perhaps a trait pertaining to another sign?

I'm not sure I completely understood your metaphor btw. Are you saying astrology doesn't say anything definitive based on our sign alone?

Little-Lara
26-08-08, 16:29
I'm an Aquarian.:)

There are a lot of us on here along with Scorpios and Libras!:cln:

Dammit you took the words RIGHT OUT of my mouth!!!!!! :D

Aquarius, compatible with Saggitarius and Libras; i don't think Scorpios though.
Cuz think about it, A Water-bearer with a Scorpion.....not going to work! :o

Also, i suspect at the end, i'll see a lot of Valentine (november) babies. :D ;)

Catapharact
26-08-08, 16:32
The question is - can other signs possess these same traits to the same degree? Could a person who is not a Libra, exhibit these same traits in such a patent/prominent way; in such a blatant way that it could be considered the axis of his/her personality? The human being is a psychological chameleon - everyone is bit of something at some point. Astrology takes into account individuality thereby acknowledging this, so if it's a matter of proportion, what stands out, what is self-evident and undeniable, then there shouldn't be such a person, no?

I can't really deny that I'm a bit like that :), but is it because what it says about me is so vague and broad that the probability of me not possessing such a trait is slim? Can astrology say anything about what I'm not? Perhaps a trait pertaining to another sign?

I'm not sure I completely understood your metaphor btw. Are you saying astrology doesn't say anything definitive based on our sign alone?

Oh offcourse they can but that might be because their individual charts might have Libra influence in them (it might be in their mercury, etc.) Astrology just doesn't focuses upon a single sun sign. To get an idea of an entire personality map, you need to run your Natal chart. Astro.com does gives you the use of their program to create your natal chart and they provide a small interpertation service as well.

See, if I were to talk about Conjuctions, Trines, Oppositions or Retrograde, etc. You will have no clue as to what I am talking about :p. As such I would recommend you read up upon the basis of natal charts and run one of your own as well and see for yourself if the personality map it presents matches to what your actions are :).

And yes, it doesn't. Astrology only shows your POTENTIAL strengths and weaknesses. It does not however tries to circumvent the fact that events can change and possibly hinder some of those potentials you have.

Orionvalentine
26-08-08, 16:37
Leo baby, rawr.

Encore
26-08-08, 16:43
I was gonna reply to Endow but I see Cat has pretty much covered it up. Astrology - when done properly that is - is a pretty complex thing involving more than just the signs, and from what I've read I assume those who "believe" in it sort of treat it like a science (ie, involving precise data such as the exact time of birth, the positions of the planets and constellations, etc.).

The only thing that they don't offer precise data on is exactly the center of it all, the correlation between what they measure and how exactly does it influence human behaviour; but usually they seem to have a "unified" vision of the Universe in which, just like the moon affects tides and what happens in an ecossystem affects all within it, the astral bodies too affect humanity, because we're all made from the same building blocks.

Personally I don't know what to say about that, and about astrology being able to predict people's destinies. But as far as the astrological signs and their personalities go, it's just hard for me not to be fascinated by it considering everyone I ever met fits their respective signs. :o

CroftScionGuard
26-08-08, 16:46
I'm Scorpio
LMAO! ... It's a good question... why...
Any scars? :mis:

da tomb raider!
26-08-08, 16:47
Taurus. Moo.

Catapharact
26-08-08, 16:48
Any scars? :mis:

Pfft... Scorpios need to realise that they are dealing with a Venus Conj. Pluto, Moon trine Pluto and Sun Conj. Pluto here. If they think their death glare is nasty, they need to see mines.

Besides, one of my most loyal friend happens to be a Scorpio and we spar with Swords just because we think its kinky :whi:.

CroftScionGuard
26-08-08, 16:50
Pfft... Scorpios need to realise that they are dealing with a Venus Conj. Pluto, Moon trine Pluto and Sun Conj. Pluto here. If they think their death glare is nasty, they need to see mines.

Besides, one of my most loyal friend happens to be a Scorpio and we spar with Swords just because we think its kinky :whi:.
and your conclusion about Scorpios is....?

C'mon, fear the reaper:D

Catapharact
26-08-08, 16:52
and your conclusion about Scorpios is....?

Very valuable allies and even better friends for life. Treat them well and give them what they need from you and they will repay that loyalty three times over. If you're gonna scuffle with em, make sure you're more skilled then they are... Which is usually hard to tell since they don't divulge much.

CroftScionGuard
26-08-08, 16:54
Very valuable allies and even better friends for life. Treat them well and give them what they need from you and they will repay that loyalty three times over. If you're gonna scuffle with em, make sure you're more skilled then they are... Which is usually hard to tell since they don't divulge much.
:tmb:

Encore
26-08-08, 16:58
Personally I have a hard time dealing with dad being a Scorpio. That's gotta be the most difficult personality I ever dealt with. :hea: And funny enough a friend has a husband of the same sign and when she talks about him it's like I'm hearing about my father.

domina
26-08-08, 17:00
Personally I have a hard time dealing with dad being a Scorpio. That's gotta be the most difficult personality I ever dealt with. :hea: And funny enough a friend has a husband of the same sign and when she talks about him it's like I'm hearing about my father.

That's funny! My dad's a Scorpio too, and we get along fantastically. However, my mother (a Libra) and I do not. :p

CroftScionGuard
26-08-08, 17:02
Yet, my best friend's Scorpio too and I we talk very well. He's great;)

TBH, I don't consider myself too complicated/difficult in personality, but I just don't give a foot backwards. Yes I can be very stubborn if I want to, but never stand between me and my goals. That's all. Maybe that's why Scorpios are so 'complicated'. Maybe we are criticized because we only want to get whatever we fight for.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-08, 17:02
im a cancerian XD
xxxxxxxxxx

*laralover*
26-08-08, 17:07
WOOT! Fellow Piscean!!! :yah: I haven't met many either. The alcohol thing is definately true. :o

Yay :hug: When i was younger i had a bad time with the alcohol :o due to a few things but now im older i only have a small drink now and then i get kind of sick if i drink more :p

Endow
26-08-08, 17:19
Oh offcourse they can but that might be because their individual charts might have Libra influence in them (it might be in their mercury, etc.) Astrology just doesn't focuses upon a single sun sign. To get an idea of an entire personality map, you need to run your Natal chart. Astro.com does gives you the use of their program to create your natal chart and they provide a small interpertation service as well.

See, if I were to talk about Conjuctions, Trines, Oppositions or Retrograde, etc. You will have no clue as to what I am talking about :p. As such I would recommend you read up upon the basis of natal charts and run one of your own as well and see for yourself if the personality map it presents matches to what your actions are :).

And yes, it doesn't. Astrology only shows your POTENTIAL strengths and weaknesses. It does not however tries to circumvent the fact that events can change and possibly hinder some of those potentials you have.

If that astro.com thing is quick I might give it a shot just for kicks. Yes I can't deny that astrology probably has a lot more depth to it than what is popularly talked about (then again I actually already knew that), but I have still to come across something that can be scientifically proven and can't be dismissed as mere coincidence. I must say that even if all of it was true though, I'd never give it much thought really. Even if there is such a thing as fate or even if some things are predestined by outside forces as far as our psyche is concerned...I wouldn't care. My desire for freedom is far too great (is that a typical Libra trait as well? :p).

I'd have less of a problem if each sign had a profile that wasn't dependent on your date of birth and simply was something people could relate with.

Your_Envy*
26-08-08, 17:51
I'm taurus. :)

L.C
26-08-08, 19:02
Yep, I've had the fortune/curse (:p) of being surrounded by Scorpions all my life and their basic characteristics are very, very similar. I made an earlier post about it and all the Scorpions here agreed they were also the same :D

The only way I can explain why so many of my close relationships were with Scorpios is that being a typical Aquarian, I'm somewhat aloof, which is similar to a Scorpio's need for keeping their feelings hidden.

But because we are such opposing signs, it's never been an easy road!

Now give me a Gemini, Libra, or Saggitarious and see some smooth sailing....

mobian.fox
26-08-08, 19:14

Same. Go cancer (not the disease)

Paperdoll
26-08-08, 19:18
Good old Libra here. Although I never feel like I share many of the general traits...

Twilight
26-08-08, 19:30
I kinda knew the dove was a symbol of peace and universal loving kindness and compassion which is huge in buddhist teaching... but I had NO idea it had ANYTHING to do with being Scorpio. Thank you SO much for posting. :)

your welcome. i remember reading it and thinking that was impossible, then about a month later after learning stuff...its true.
probably why most of the stereotypes dealing with scorpios (envious, serious, sexual) have simply dissolved.

Ward Dragon
26-08-08, 23:38
If you read a more in depth book on astrology you'll realise there's nothing they say that contradicts individuality. Astrological signs types are basically the ancient equivalents of modern personality types, the diference is they believed it was influenced by cosmic forces while today we believe it's all in our brains and genes.

Even the part where they claim they can predict more or less the person's destiny, they always say that individual choice always plays a part and it can drive you further away, or closer, to that destiny.

So I'm not saying it's all logical and you should believe it, I'm just saying the argument "if there are only 12 signs why is everybody so diferent", is simplistic because astrologists themselves acknowledge individuality is one of the biggest human traits.

The problem with people who usually tend to ridicule astrology is that they base their "information" on this discipline from mainstream astrology - the stuff you read in the morning paper and the magazines. It's like basing your opinion on all journalism from what you see in tabloids. *shrugs*

I was referring to the natal chart that www.astro.com generated for me. It said my Sun was Scorpio, my Moon was Aquarius, and my Ascendant was Leo. The Sun and the Moon descriptions were roughly 3/4 true, but the Ascendant and all of the houses seemed to contradict that and were also completely wrong for me. There was just so much information that some of it was bound to be true. That's what I was getting at -- that it seems like the chart just throws a ton of different descriptions at me and then whichever one I react to is supposed to be the dominant one.

I'm not trying to mock astrology here. I find it very interesting and fun to read about :) I just don't think it should be treated as a serious science because it's not. I would be very interested if someone would do actual research into how much it affects a person's growth and development to be born at a particular time of the year (I can imagine being born in winter versus summer would result in different food being eaten, different amounts of fresh air and sunlight the baby is exposed to, or even whether the child ends up being one of the older kids in the grade versus one of the younger kids). I accept the general personality profiles as being accurate descriptions of some people, and of personality traits that usually go together. I just don't see any valid reason to tie a particular personality profile to a person based solely upon time and place of birth.

Personally I don't know what to say about that, and about astrology being able to predict people's destinies. But as far as the astrological signs and their personalities go, it's just hard for me not to be fascinated by it considering everyone I ever met fits their respective signs. :o

When you say this, are you talking mainly the standard 12 Sun signs, or do you mean that they got one of those complicated natal charts and found something on there which seemed accurate?

Larapink
26-08-08, 23:51
Virgo!

YAY! My Birthday is here soon! :jmp:

Angel666
26-08-08, 23:52
My dad is a scorpio and my mom a leo. Me and my dad don't really get along but that's due to some other things. Me and mom butt heads but it's not too bad. One of my really good friends is a scorpio and we get along amazingly.

Crystal girl
27-08-08, 00:19
Virgo!

YAY! My Birthday is here soon! :jmp:

Mine too, just a few days :jmp:

lararoxs
27-08-08, 00:20

Same here:D

EmeraldFields
27-08-08, 00:47
Capricorn!:)

Larapink
27-08-08, 00:48
Same here:D

Thats great you two. :hug:
We Virgos could have a massive party with all the birthdays that are comming up. :jmp:

Tomb_of_Darkns
27-08-08, 01:07
ooh i found emiticons of our signs heres the link :http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys-zodiac.php
heres my sign in emiticon form :p : http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/zodiac002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Legend 4ever
27-08-08, 11:00
Scorpios rule! Yes!!!

JamesFKirk
27-08-08, 11:06
Scorpios rule! Yes!!!
Exactly. As poisonous as we are, beware our sting (and let us come on top. :D )

toxicraider
27-08-08, 11:08
woo taurus, so many scorpio :eek:

Raziel66
27-08-08, 11:12
Virgo !! :D My B'day is close too,just a few days :)

BTW. Great poll :D

tr_mitch
27-08-08, 11:51
Pisces
Associated traits

* malleable / impressionable

* gentle

* good natured / easygoing

* likeable / kind

* compassionate / sympathetic

* sensitive

* impractical / dreamy

* instinctive / intuitive

* imaginative / artistically able

* versatile

* gullible / naive / easily led

* spiritual

* escapist
* selfless [

Attribute
Likes Feeling appreciated, feeling loved, freedom, stability, mystical settings/enchantment, dreaming, having their input valued, being unique
Dislikes Feeling vulnerable, having no goals to move toward, feeling invalidated, being criticized, illiteracy, noisy scenes and displays, having no sense of structure
Ideal careers caring for the needy, as in the fields of medicine or veterinary medicine anything related to the sea acting psychics or mystics religion cooking pharmacist

Catapharact
27-08-08, 11:58
My desire for freedom is far too great (is that a typical Libra trait as well? :p).

Why do you think Lucifer rebelled against God ;)? Or Apollo was the only god amoung the Greek deities who actually wanted to enlighten men to the point where they could fend for themselves? Both of them strong Libra archetypes.

Its classic Libra ideology that incorporates the feeling of self-empowerment and that we are capable of more things then what circumstances would lead us to believe. Libra is all about higher ideology ma man ;).

Voni
27-08-08, 12:04
Aquarius, which always puzzled me as it was an Air sign and not a Water one. Huh? :p

Catapharact
27-08-08, 12:05
Aquarius, which always puzzled me as it was an Air sign and not a Water one. Huh? :p

Yeah I know it has the picture of the Water bearer as its Glyph Lol! But its air. Mental stimulation over physical.

toxicraider
27-08-08, 12:06
Yeah I know it has the picture of the Water bearer as its Glyph Lol! But its air. Mental stimulation over physical.

Why is it air? :confused:

Catapharact
27-08-08, 12:08
Why is it air? :confused:

Because of its attributes and because of its positioning in the Zodiac circle. Aquarians stay more in the mind then in the emotional state of their surroundings and the physical earty expressions of the environment (Like many other air signs.)

toxicraider
27-08-08, 12:12
Oh right, which others are air?

Catapharact
27-08-08, 12:16
Oh right, which others are air?

Libra, and Gemini.

Water: Cancer, Pisces and Scorpio.

Fire: Leo, Aries, and Saggitarius

Earth: Taurus, Capricorn & Virgo

Chocolate
27-08-08, 12:19