PDA

View Full Version : Getting a PS3?

Feather Duster
25-08-08, 23:03
Okay, I'm getting a PS3 in October.

But I'm really worried.

What can I do about over-heating, freezing, etc.? Should I get the 80GB one? Will it prevent freezing?

Agent 47
25-08-08, 23:08
Okay, I'm getting a PS3 in October.

But I'm really worried.

What can I do about over-heating, freezing, etc.? Should I get the 80GB one? Will it prevent freezing?

nothing to be worried about

just make sure it has 10cm space all around it :D

freezing is just lazy coding by devs, nothing you do can prevent that

ben croft
25-08-08, 23:29
I got mine today and I'm so happy. Worth buying... :D

:wve:

b0bb13
25-08-08, 23:37

Mine never froze,and it's teh ****ty 40gb version(I hate you with a lot of passion Sony!):p
But you should get the 80gb version(especially if it's the old one that has backward compatibility and the other stuff),or the new 80gb which is very cheap.:D

freezing is just lazy coding by devs, nothing you do can prevent that

*sigh*

Aphrodite22
26-08-08, 00:36
Another lucky person :)

u made a good choice ;)

Feather Duster
26-08-08, 00:49
Thanks for ye help guys! :hug:

Trent92
26-08-08, 06:55
PS3 will not freeze or overheat. :)

Death Mask
26-08-08, 07:16
But I'm really worried.

Well you should worry about that if you were to get a Xbox 360, but since you're getting a PS3 you won't have to worry about that. :)

Samsdad
26-08-08, 14:04
PS3 will not freeze or overheat. :)

Be careful. Any electronic device that is mistreated can overheat. Agent has given good advice. Do not stick a PS3 in an enclosed area and expect it not to over heat.

dizzydoil
26-08-08, 14:08
My PS3 sits on the ledge near the window; just to be safe, and make sure the fan is kept airy. :p

Congrats on getting one if you do. :tmb:

toxicraider
26-08-08, 14:11
The ps3 has a warning system if it gets hot, if it flashes red and green then its hot and you need to turn it off. This has never happened to me but if it does get too hot then there won't be a problem, mine has never frozen during a game or movie. :)

Lenochka
26-08-08, 14:24
Ooo, One of my friends recently got a PS3 and she seems happy with it, so yeah... go for it :tmb:

My PS3 sits on the ledge near the window; just to be safe, and make sure the fan is kept airy. :p

Congrats on getting one if you do. :tmb:

I do the same thing with my 360 and my PS2 xD
There has to be a window or fan nearby... if not, no gaming for me :D

dinahcat
26-08-08, 14:41
I got my PS3 (80gb) last Christmas. I haven't had any issues with it! So far, it plays the PS2 games flawlessly! No problems with freezing, either!

Two things though:
1. Make sure you keep your updates, well...up to date! (Firmware, etc.)
2. Get a dualshock controller. They ework with the SixAxis now and are only $5 more than the standard controllers. I need to invest before TRU comes out.

Have fun and enjoy!!!

Shrantellatessa
26-08-08, 14:59
You can help prevent a PS3 or a Xbox from over heating by putting an electric cooler under it, they're chep: around 15 dollars or so :)