PDA

View Full Version : Metallica - Death Magnetic

Encore
26-08-08, 02:32
So, anyone looking forward?

http://i38.************/23uo410.jpg

I've been a fan for many years but with St. Anger I drifted away, though I'm the rare breed of Metallica fans that likes the Load period. :pi:

The new song - titled The Day That Never Comes - sounds beautiful.
It kinda sounds like a "mix" of 80s Metallica (mainly in the guitar) with the Load style (in James' vocals). It's quite amazing and it has restored my hopes for the new album!

iamlaracroft
26-08-08, 02:39
So, anyone looking forward?

http://i38.************/23uo410.jpg

I've been a fan for many years but with St. Anger I drifted away, though I'm the rare breed of Metallica fans that likes the Load period. :pi:

The new song - titled The Day That Never Comes - sounds beautiful.
It kinda sounds like a "mix" of 80s Metallica (mainly in the guitar) with the Load style (in James' vocals). It's quite amazing and it has restored my hopes for the new album!

ai yai yai, I'm so excited :jmp:
lol--I've come to realize that I am one of very few who freakin loves and still rocks out daily to St. Anger.
My god i love that album.
the wildly angry drums, the moody guitars and bass, the seething lyrics...everything about that album is just so sacred to me.
anyway--yeah, I'm super excited for this one, but St.Anger rocks my socks any day.
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0030.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Endow
26-08-08, 02:39
Metallica have been doing stuff that really does nothing for me. It isn't bad, but it doesn't grab me either. I still get of kick out of the heavier when I'm driving or whatever but I don't take pleasure in listening to an album from start to finish like I used to.

Encore
26-08-08, 02:46
ai yai yai, I'm so excited :jmp:
lol--I've come to realize that I am one of very few who freakin loves and still rocks out daily to St. Anger.
My god i love that album.
the wildly angry drums, the moody guitars and bass, the seething lyrics...everything about that album is just so sacred to me.
anyway--yeah, I'm super excited for this one, but St.Anger rocks my socks any day.
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0030.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

haha :D Yes St. Anger is good precisely on the "angry" part. It's an adrenaline rush and it makes me wanna smash things. :pi: But Metallica needs good melody, imo, and I'm glad they bring it back this time. Have you heard the new single?

Tyrannosaurus
26-08-08, 02:56
I lost my metal virginity to Metallica's black album, then started listening to their earlier stuff, which didn't click with me at first, but after a while, it was all I could listen to. Then I moved on to other metal bands, like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Helloween, and several others.

IMHO, Metallica hasn't put out anything worthwhile since . . . And Justice for All. True, I don't hate the black album, nor do I think it's especially bad, but I just can't listen to it without cringing.

Nowadays, there are literally hundreds of other bands I'd rather be listening to. Bands that are better both musically and in terms of the metal madness they can deliver. I'm almost tempted to post some of those here, but I won't.

iamlaracroft
26-08-08, 03:01
haha :D Yes St. Anger is good precisely on the "angry" part. It's an adrenaline rush and it makes me wanna smash things. :pi: But Metallica needs good melody, imo, and I'm glad they bring it back this time. Have you heard the new single?

mmmmm, just did.
wow.
I'm soooo excited!
It's definitely a beautiful track--and oh man--just when you think it's gonna end--nope! There's that good ol guitar and freakin bad ass drums solo!!!
I'm totally rockin out to my earphones!
:tmb:

yes, st.anger is....angry lol.
It doesn't help my road rage considering that I blast it as loud as ****ing possible while driving :D:p

I loved every track of Garage Inc and of course "The Memory Remains," "I disappear" (omg, I LOVE that song!), "fuel" and countless others that do and don't get radio play (rarely listen to the radio though, tbh).

I meant to ask you in that PM a while back if you liked Richard's side project/album Emigrate?
What did you think of it?
I liked it for a while, still listen to a few tracks every now and then.
I'd be interested to know what you thought of it.
:D

pizzabob18
26-08-08, 03:03
I haven't listened to much of their recent work, but I'll give this CD a listen. If it's good, then who knows, they might end up back on the mainstream again!

Drone
26-08-08, 08:04
Death Magnetic? not the best title for the album.

They're ok I think. I like only Garage inc. album. They managed to cover some great songs and I liked it!

Elysia
26-08-08, 08:04
Oooo, I am in such a quandry over this... I was once a HUGE Metallica fan (Ride the Lightning quite literally got me into metal at the age of 12), but they really did me in with St. Dreadful... ergo:

You're not alone! I actually really liked Load - okay, it was different and a real step away from their thrash roots, but I still liked it - it was more melodic and slow, and since I was gettng older and they were getting older it was almost as if we were maturing together... (:D), but they totally lost me with St. Anger because of just how derivative I thought it sounded - to me, it was nothing more than them trying to snare the younger audience by copying the plethora of bands around at the time (a lot of whom, rather ironically, counted Metallica as their influences in the first place!). I listened to it a few times, but the 'angry young man' angle did nothing for me, mainly because, uh, guys... you're not angry young men any more, and neither are the majority of your fans. It's kind of like successful bands full of 40 year old men going on about killing themselves because life is so hard and their girlfriends have left them... fine when they were in their 20's and starting out and these issues were relevant to them, but please, come on - we KNOW you make millions and that near enough any woman would sell her right arm just to pour your breakfast cereal in the morning! (yes, Trent - you were on the brink of this, but thankfully pulled yourself back... :p). I just found that, had St. Dreadful been released when I was 17 and they were all still in their 20's, I probably would have loved it, but at it happened, I listened to it and actually found myself shaking my head sadly and thinking 'guys - those particular glory days are over... you were the forerunners in those days, and you did it better than anyone else. This, however, just sounds derivative and (ironically, given that is was supposed to be energetic!) tired - how the mighty have fallen'. To this day, St. Dreadful is the only Metallica album I do not own (I got rid of it).

So... I've not heard the new stuff yet, but, rather like TRU (heh, I find Metallica are a good analogy for TR... I always said Legend was the St. Dreadful of the TR franchise for me! :p), I'll give it a go and see where it takes me - it'll either win me back or drive the final nail in the coffin.

ShadyCroft
26-08-08, 08:18
I liked alot of their songs, but I never bought any album of their's. But now I guess I'll get off this chair and get afew. :D and once this comes out, I'll try it too.

I'm currently rounding up afew albums of Opeth. Yeah, I know am missing the best, but I have time now to catch up.

Archetype
26-08-08, 09:50
Little bit wary of this album, found that they've kinda gone in the pop direction I bit.

Still got slayer..

Naomichi
26-08-08, 09:59
Will will listen to it, but it had better be bloody good after the previous horror show.

jaywalker
26-08-08, 10:48
Me looking forward to this :)

Goose
26-08-08, 11:47
Will will listen to it, but it had better be bloody good after the previous horror show.

Dont get your hopes up, they havnt been good since there magnum opus that was 'And justice for all....', megadeth outwitted them with 'rust in peace' compared to there 'Black album', then it all went down hill for the both of them, slayer to, they havnt made a good album since 'seasons in the abyss', where kerry actually played in key during the solos for once.

Meshuggah and Dream theater have completely replaced them in musical terms, Death was probably the only band to stick to there style whilst updating there technique into the 90s. But we wont be seeing anything from that direction.

In other words, im not expecting much, but will welcome a nice surprise.

sjam_raider
26-08-08, 12:31
I'm really looking forward to this! I heard the new song a couple of days ago and was pretty impressed, so I hope the rest of the new album will be just as good.

Archetype
26-08-08, 12:59
then it all went down hill for the both of them, slayer to, they havnt made a good album since 'seasons in the abyss', where kerry actually played in key during the solos for once.

lol sorry but.. the 90's was the dry spot. Divine intervention was an okish album.. dibolus in musica was pretty bad.

But God hates us all and Christ illusion are really good albums. Admittedly I enjoy slayers older work more but, both of those album's are still really good.

Goose
26-08-08, 13:05
lol sorry but.. the 90's was the dry spot. Divine intervention was an okish album.. dibolus in musica was pretty bad.

But God hates us all and Christ illusion are really good albums. Admittedly I enjoy slayers older work more but, both of those album's are still really good.

Thats fair enough, but im only really interested in the guitar, which i play, im mostly into lead guitarists anyway, and i just dont like anything slayer have done since the begining of the 90's from that view point, same as mettalica with Load and Re-load.

Drone
26-08-08, 13:06
The Day That Never Comes is a good song. In "unforgiven" style :) Long and cool!

Goose
26-08-08, 13:31

I mean look at Thrash through the last couple of decades, and sit the songs next to each other, its shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFa9AYKCOfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bfDBZX0j_0&feature=related

You would have thought that after raining blood, you couldnt beat it, but then they throw us Seasons in the Abyss, people must have thought 'wow maybe they will keep getting better', then they suddenly loose a substantial amount of talent (lack of good produced maybe?).

To look at the genre as a whole there were better bands anyway musically at the start of the 90s in terms of riffs, shred and metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcu7BVG7JE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euHMldrw4fw

(lol, this reminds me of me wanting to be like alex from Testament, him and Paul gilbert, i even had long hair almost down to my arse, pity it was ginger though http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=6653832, i think that was supposed to be Paul Gilberts unaccompanied solo from the first Racer X album im playing)

Encore
26-08-08, 13:31
@Elysia:

You know what discouraged me the most with St. Anger, as weird as it may seem, it was the drums. The drums were so OBVIOUSLY trying to sound nu-metal, that I can never get over it (also because it's my favourite instrument...). I kinda understand the angry thing though, because of what they had been through with their lives (and the documentary, Some Kind of Monster changed my perspective on that), but musically, it was sad that they were so below their capabilities in this album just for the sake of sounding "raw". I kinda got the feeling it was like a reaction to the mainstream's distaste for the sophisticated sound of the Load period, which really upset me, because I want them to sound sophisticated. Like you say, they've grown, there's no way they're gonna sound like Kill 'em All again, sooo.... Evolution is a good thing.

St Anger is the only album I own a pirated copy of :pi: Ironic isn't it?

I meant to ask you in that PM a while back if you liked Richard's side project/album Emigrate?
What did you think of it?
I liked it for a while, still listen to a few tracks every now and then.
I'd be interested to know what you thought of it.
:D

I love it! I mean.. At first I was a bit turned off by the fact that he sings in English... I absolutely love german vocals. :pi: But the music itself is great, it's basically a more catchy/pop version of Rammstein (not in a bad way though). I'm looking forward to see more things from that project. :tmb: My World and Resolution are awesome.

Dont get your hopes up, they havnt been good since there magnum opus that was 'And justice for all....', megadeth outwitted them with 'rust in peace' compared to there 'Black album', then it all went down hill for the both of them, slayer to, they havnt made a good album since 'seasons in the abyss', where kerry actually played in key during the solos for once.

Meshuggah and Dream theater have completely replaced them in musical terms, Death was probably the only band to stick to there style whilst updating there technique into the 90s. But we wont be seeing anything from that direction.

To be honest I don't really care if other bands "replaced" them or not, being a fan I'll always listen to them. For me Black Album was their weakest (after St Anger) but their peak was most definately not Justice, that one was already starting to sound like "more of the same", the only real gem being One. Their peak, imo, was Master of Puppets. Pure genius that one. :D

Goose
26-08-08, 13:41
@Elysia:

You know what discouraged me the most with St. Anger, as weird as it may seem, it was the drums. The drums were so OBVIOUSLY trying to sound nu-metal, that I can never get over it (also because it's my favourite instrument...). I kinda understand the angry thing though, because of what they had been through with their lives (and the documentary, Some Kind of Monster changed my perspective on that), but musically, it was sad that they were so below their capabilities in this album just for the sake of sounding "raw". I kinda got the feeling it was like a reaction to the mainstream's distaste for the sophisticated sound of the Load period, which really upset me, because I want them to sound sophisticated. Like you say, they've grown, there's no way they're gonna sound like Kill 'em All again, sooo.... Evolution is a good thing.

St Anger is the only album I own a pirated copy of :pi: Ironic isn't it?

I love it! I mean.. At first I was a bit turned off by the fact that he sings in English... I absolutely love german vocals. :pi: But the music itself is great, it's basically a more catchy/pop version of Rammstein (not in a bad way though). I'm looking forward to see more things from that project. :tmb: My World and Resolution are awesome.

To be honest I don't really care if other bands "replaced" them or not, being a fan I'll always listen to them. For me Black Album was their weakest (after St Anger) but their peak was most definately not Justice, that one was already starting to sound like "more of the same", the only real gem being One. Their peak, imo, was Master of Puppets. Pure genius that one. :D

How can i argue against master of puppets? I would get shot down in flames lol, i honestly cant say why i prefer And Justice for all, iv always felt the riffs were better then before.

Archetype
26-08-08, 15:08
Thats fair enough, but im only really interested in the guitar, which i play, im mostly into lead guitarists anyway, and i just dont like anything slayer have done since the begining of the 90's from that view point, same as mettalica with Load and Re-load.

Hanneman + king are both lead :P

I mean look at Thrash through the last couple of decades, and sit the songs next to each other, its shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFa9AYKCOfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bfDBZX0j_0&feature=related

You would have thought that after raining blood, you couldnt beat it, but then they throw us Seasons in the Abyss, people must have thought 'wow maybe they will keep getting better', then they suddenly loose a substantial amount of talent (lack of good produced maybe?).

Thrash suffered greatly during the 90's. Grunge from nirvana etc. then nu-metal etc.

Seasons in the abyss is the MTV song.. its not very Slayer-ish, but its really quite a heavy song live.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next slayer album.. sometime late next year maybe? They've already begun recording from what I've read.

Goose
26-08-08, 15:15
Hanneman + king are both lead :P

Yea like Iron Maiden or Judas Preist. But thats my problem, there lead playing peak was reached on 'Seasons in the Abyss', similar to Hammets on 'And Justice for all...' after he had a few lessons for Joe stariani, after that i guess they didnt seem that bothered as Nirvana had succesfully destroyed virtuoso guitar playing.

Archetype
26-08-08, 15:26
I would say hanneman's style has changed a fair bit, King has changed alot aswell, perhaps a little faster in a way.

Think theres like 2 songs I enjoy of god hates us all.

Disciple
Bloodline

Christ illusion,

Cult
Supremacy
Jihad
Eyes of the insane
Flesh storm

1 thing I've definitely noticed as they've gone on over the years is that with their older material, the sound has become more crisp and it sounds a hell of alot heavier live, well South of heaven, seasons and mandatory suicide.

Goose
26-08-08, 15:28
I would say hanneman's style has changed a fair bit, King has changed alot aswell, perhaps a little faster in a way.

Think theres like 2 songs I enjoy of god hates us all.

Disciple
Bloodline

Christ illusion,

Cult
Supremacy
Jihad
Eyes of the insane
Flesh storm

1 thing I've definitely noticed as they've gone on over the years is that with their older material, the sound has become more crisp and it sounds a hell of alot heavier live, well South of heaven, seasons and mandatory suicide.

I think thats more to do with serious advances in technology, plus the band can pay more on equipment then they could when they did albums like 'hell awaits' and 'show no mercy'.

Archetype
26-08-08, 15:30
I think thats more to do with serious advances in technology, plus the band can pay more on equipment then they could when they did albums like 'hell awaits' and 'show no mercy'.

True, but its worth it for sure. I can't stand the studio version of south of heaven but the live version is insanely good, twice as fast and twice as heavier.

Some how.. I feel we're going off topic a bit :P

Goose
26-08-08, 15:31
True, but its worth it for sure. I can't stand the studio version of south of heaven but the live version is insanely good, twice as fast and twice as heavier.

Some how.. I feel we're going off topic a bit :P

Lol, definatly, but then again, theres only one or two songs we have avaliable for listening from Metallicas new album, so theres not much to go on.

Archetype
26-08-08, 15:40
True true, I would be happy if they actually went back to their old thrash roots but.. doesn't seem like they will :/

Elysia
26-08-08, 16:04
@Elysia:

I know *exactly* what you mean and where you're coming from, Encore. Musically, they were just hitting so far below their average - I mean, just look at how appallingly Kirk Hammett was used! And you're so right about the drums... *shudders*. I never did the Nu-Metal thing on the whole (I like Deftones, but they aren't really Nu-Metal if you listen to them, they just got labelled with the bands of the time), and so for Metallica to try to jump on that bandwagon was quite painful for me. As hubby (who is also a bit 'tallica fan) said, the problem in 'appealing to da kidz' is that all 'da kidz' see is a bunch of 40-odd year old men trying to be cool... St. Anger kind of had that desperate 'sad Uncle at his teenage nephew's birthday trying to be cool' vibe to it - it really was a case of 'Jeez, guys - grow some dignity!'.

I know a lot of people dissed Load as being too softcore, but from a musical standpoint, it was actually quite complex and showed that they had matured as musicians... and, I know I'm going to get shot down for this, but thrash as a genre gets so very samey after a while. I was a big thrash fan when I was in my early teens, but after a while even I had to admit that yes, it all did sound the same, and so went off exploring different bands and different genres and found that, on the whole, other genres were a bit more diverse and progressive than thrash is on the whole. For me, I suppose I like what the hardcore thrash fans hate at the end of the day - I like bands exploring a bit and trying new things out (for example, if the likes of Al Jourgensen and Killing Joke hadn't experimented with thrash, electronica and aspects of other metal genres, the Industrial scene probably wouldn't be around as it is today!)... but selling out to appeal to the 'preferred audience of the moment' is not the way to branch out. Look at the likes of Mike Patton and how far he has come since his days in Faith No More - he experiments all the time with all manner of projects and genres and still remains hugely popular in alternative music circles, but manages to do it without any 'must appeal to the new generation!' agenda; he releases albums and works on different projects and the new generation then discover him on their own and appreciate what he is doing (or not, of course!), not the other way around...

Master of Puppets is, as you so rightly put, pure frickin' genius. I love that album to death! I am very fond of ...And Justice too, though. Harvester of Sorrow was to be one of my favourite Metallica tracks ever (and makes you feel like a great big guitaring juggernaut when you play it for yourself! :p)

calico25
26-08-08, 16:29
was looking forward to the album but I have heard bad things...so I will go back to listening my obsession with No Leaf Clover.

SamReeves
26-08-08, 16:37
All I can say how bad is this going to be?

Once Bob Rock became their producer, they went downhill fast. I frankly haven't payed too much attention to them since Justice for All was released.

Goose
26-08-08, 16:43

Once Bob Rock became their producer, they went downhill fast. I frankly haven't payed too much attention to them since Justice for All was released.

Bob rock, thats the one, bon jovi bloke. They should have got Rick Ruben, he crafted 'Reign in Bood'.

Encore
26-08-08, 16:45

Bob rock, thats the one, bon jovi bloke. They should have got Rick Ruben, he crafted 'Reign in Bood'.

Are you guys serious? :D

From Wikipedia:

Death Magnetic is the upcoming ninth studio album by American heavy metal band Metallica. It is scheduled for release on September 12, 2008 by Warner Bros. Records. The album will be the band's first to feature current bassist Robert Trujillo, and the first to be produced by Rick Rubin.

Drone
26-08-08, 16:47
I never liked that they changed bass players ....

Thee said that The day that never comes beat records for downloading now!

Encore
26-08-08, 16:50
The bass players "instability" thing was just a byproduct of Cliff Burton dying. That man was a GOD and if it wasn't for the accident this problem would have never arise. Jason Newsted never even came close to the style of Cliff Burton so I don't really mind him being substituted, in fact I like Trujillo's style more.

Elysia

From Wikipedia:

Death Magnetic is the upcoming ninth studio album by American heavy metal band Metallica. It is scheduled for release on September 12, 2008 by Warner Bros. Records. The album will be the band's first to feature current bassist Robert Trujillo, and the first to be produced by Rick Rubin.
... rather is was Flood, to be honest... :whi:

*brandishes her big wooden spoon!*

SamReeves

From Wikipedia:

We'll see. My expectations are still low because of how many years they went the Bob Rock way. I dunno if they still got any speed metal left in them.

Goose
26-08-08, 16:51

From Wikipedia:

Well i guess thats somthing to look forward to, but then again, he's come along way from Reign in Blood. But according to critics he worked wonders with Slipknot and there last album.

SamReeves
26-08-08, 16:52
The bass players "instability" thing was just a byproduct of Cliff Burton dying. That man was a GOD and if it wasn't for the accident this problem would have never arise. Jason Newsted never even came close to the style of Cliff Burton so I don't really mind him being substituted, in fact I like Trujillo's style more.

Well Cliff Burton was smashed in the back of the bus, so there was no choice other than to get a new bass player. Newsted did an allright job, not a great job, but okay…for the Bob Rock era. :ton:

Well i guess thats somthing to look forward to, but then again, he's come along way from Reign in Blood. But according to critics he worked wonders with Slipknot and there last album.

Uh oh, Nu Metal!!! Run for your lives!!!!! Aaack. :D

Drone
26-08-08, 16:54
with Newsted they had a great era. Even tho Ic an't say was it his merit or not

Goose
26-08-08, 16:54
Well Cliff Burton was smashed in the back of the bus, so there was no choice other than to get a new bass player. Newsted did an allright job, not a great job, but okay…for the Bob Rock era. :ton:

Uh oh, Nu Metal!!! Run for your lives!!!!! Aaack. :D

Thats actually literal, because you couldnt hear him on 'And justice'!

Encore
26-08-08, 16:56
I know they had no choice but they did replace Newsted anyways (though he kinda had a good point for leaving). I was just saying Cliff Burton was so talented he would never have been replaced.

Goose
26-08-08, 17:07
I know they had no choice but they did replace Newsted anyways (though he kinda had a good point for leaving). I was just saying Cliff Burton was so talented he would never have been replaced.

Could be worse, look at Megadeth in the cover of 'killing is my business...' compared to there new album. I swear before Rust in Peace they had a different line up per album.

CerebralAssassin
26-08-08, 17:46
God,am I the only one that liked St.Anger and the load era??they weren't that bad...the only thing I didn't like about St.Anger was the lack of solos and the snare drums (god,those "trash cans" gotta go,lol).

...I'm impressed by "the day that never comes" :cln: it's like a fusion of "one" and "unforgiven" :cln:

..and it looks like the signature "rhythm complexity" that the band had in Justice and puppets is returning with this album.let's just hope it will be a good album :p

Drone
26-08-08, 18:05
God,am I the only one that liked St.Anger and the load era??they weren't that bad...the only thing I didn't like about St.Anger was the lack of solos and the snare drums (god,those "trash cans" gotta go,lol).

Nope. I like Anger. Drums sounded like a pan there but Unnamed Feeling and Some Kind of Monster are superb!

remote91
26-08-08, 18:05
Saw Metallica last Friday :D

irjudd
26-08-08, 21:34
I guess I'm of the rare breed that likes every album including St. Anger. Looking forward to this one.

Drone
27-08-08, 10:15
They released another single now. It's called My Apocalypse. here's the cover

http://img28.picoodle.com/data/img28/3/8/26/f_Haxer3m_cce1689.jpg

Goose
27-08-08, 10:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDoeZCYSNpA

Here it is.

Dakaruch
27-08-08, 15:33
Well this seems like a sort of "back to the roots". My Apocalypse looks like a song taken out of "Ride the Lightning" or "...And Justice for All".
This is my dream album. Everytime i heard James voice on those two albums, i always said that it would sound better with a deeper voice, and now there it is. James voice is as deep as it was on St. Anger, and the guitar riffs are more close to what they presented us on their first albums. It's a shame that Youtube has such a crappy sound quality, because this surely will sound far better on the CD.
I'm looking forward to hear "The Unforgiven 3"... The other two songs are some of my favourite songs from them.
Another thing that surprised me is the official cover of the album. A magnetic field generated by the coffin... It's a really original idea! :D

I hope that this CD brings back the "old" Metallica, and that it is as memorable as "Ride the Lightning","... And Justice for all", and of course "Master of Puppets". :jmp:

Drone
27-08-08, 16:31
Listening to My Apocalypse now. Sounds like a Battery.

Fish.
27-08-08, 16:32
The Day that Never Comes doesn't sound too bad, actually.

I like their early work, but this is a really good one. I'm definitely buying this CD. :D

SamReeves
27-08-08, 16:39
Well by golly. It doesn't sound like crap!!! :p

Goose
27-08-08, 16:43
Well by golly. It doesn't sound like crap!!! :p

:eek:,

Maybe theres hope, i did listen to that new song and thought it was good, kirk's been practicing, sounds as if he has finaly learnt how to alternate pick on those runs in the solo.

SamReeves
27-08-08, 16:45
LOL!!! As long as they don't start doing country, or orchestra again, I will be happy. Though I'm a big fan of those genres too, but they SHOULD NOT mix with metal. :D

Alive_and_Funky
28-08-08, 19:55
I've been looking forward to Death Magnetic for quite a while and I have to say... it sounds pretty darn good!
I own Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All and The Black Album and I love all three of them. I'm itching to get my hands on Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning, but I'm curious about post-Black stuff too since I don't think I've heard any. :p

CerebralAssassin
29-08-08, 12:29
Cyanide....kicks arse!!:cln: