PDA

View Full Version : Connecting my 360 to wireless...

Nausinous
26-08-08, 12:09
Okay so I've bought the wireless adapter that you shove in the back of your 360 and I'm trying to set up my wireless network. So I've chosen my network off the list and it now wants my WPA key. Problem is, I'm with sky and we have no idea how to get on our router settings to access this 'WPA' key, can anyone help us? Furthermore we have rung Sky to be informed they can't help at all.

toxicraider
26-08-08, 12:11
You could try pasting the IP address into you url bar of the internet browser, that seems to work for most routers, but you might need to know the login details.

Edit; nintendo are kind and this (http://www.nintendowifi.co.uk/consumerservice/routerSetup.do) might help you work out how to find it :)

Nausinous
26-08-08, 12:12
You could try pasting the IP address into you url bar of the internet browser, that seems to work for most routers, but you might need to know the login details.

We don't know the IP address or the login details, we have phoned Sky but they said they can't give us that information.

toxicraider
26-08-08, 12:14
Do you know the router model?

viper456
26-08-08, 12:19
the WPA key is the password used to protect your router from random people accessing it; that's why sky won't give you the info/don't know it. It should be on either the back of the router somewhere or in the documentation you got with the router. If you changed it yourself to your own password when it was all set up then I hope you wrote it down somewhere :p

toxicraider
26-08-08, 12:21
the WPA key is the password used to protect your router from random people accessing it; that's why sky won't give you the info/don't know it. It should be on either the back of the router somewhere or in the documentation you got with the router. If you changed it yourself to your own password when it was all set up then I hope you wrote it down somewhere :p

It's not on my router, although mine says both the IP address and the login details to the settings at the bottom but they should be on the link I gave, along with details on how to find the key, (the wep key can be changed in the same place as the WPA key).

Nausinous
26-08-08, 12:35
We found the WPA key but it doesn't work :(

toxicraider
26-08-08, 12:37
Did you find it on the router or on your computer?

Nausinous
26-08-08, 12:44
Did you find it on the router or on your computer?

We got into the router settings and we found the WPA key but the 360 it doesn't like it. We've had to disable the security settings on the SKY router.

toxicraider
26-08-08, 12:50
The problem is defo with the WPA and not anything else?

Are you using WPA 2? or WPA-psk?
Also make sure there are no letters in the WPA key that are G-Z, they have to be A-F

Edit; if all else fails for now you could use WEP as that will still give some security.

Nausinous
26-08-08, 17:41
The problem is defo with the WPA and not anything else?

Are you using WPA 2? or WPA-psk?
Also make sure there are no letters in the WPA key that are G-Z, they have to be A-F

Edit; if all else fails for now you could use WEP as that will still give some security.

Its WPA 2 and letter go beyond G. I've tried using WEP key also but that doesn't work either.

toxicraider
26-08-08, 18:33
It has to be WPA not WPA 2 as 360 doesn't support 2, also the letters cannot be beyond F, it must be a combo of 0-9 and a-f.

Did you generate a new code or was it already there??

Also is there anything else connected wirelessly, ie laptops, other consoles and work fine?