PDA

View Full Version : First PS3 firmware 2.5 details!

b0bb13
26-08-08, 13:01
And it sounds awesome!Better than 2.4,imo,if it's true.:D

CVG has learnt that Sony's next firmware update for PlayStation 3 will include an option for screen grabbing, allowing you to take your own shots of what you get up to on your PS3.

A development source has told CVG that PS3 firmware update 2.5 is rumoured to have screen grabbing built in.

Exactly how this would be done and what you could do with the shots once you've grabbed a piece of the action isn't yet known. But you've got to reckon that uploading them to a server and showing off and using the images as themes would be a safe bet.

Sony hasn't announced anything about a 2.5 update yet and won't even discuss the subject. We'll file this one under 'wait and see' for the time being.

Source (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=195878)

:jmp:I hope it's true!Then I'll be able to take screens of my precious Nariko.....and Kai!:yah:

toxicraider
26-08-08, 13:02
ooh cool, can't wait :)

Legend of Lara
26-08-08, 13:37
Still waiting for custom soundtracks...

RAID
26-08-08, 13:42
I wonder when and if they'll come up with an upgrade that will make PS2 games competable with all PS3's.

toxicraider
26-08-08, 13:45
I wonder when and if they'll come up with an upgrade that will make PS2 games competable with all PS3's.

same :(

interstellardave
26-08-08, 13:47

That has to be done with hardware... software solutions are done title by title.

Minty Mouth
26-08-08, 13:55
Alll I want is for Final Fantasy VIII to work on my 60Gb, then ill be a happy man :tmb:

VonCroy360
26-08-08, 14:50
Sounds good, but hopefully that's not the only new feature in the new firmware. :(
It will be quite useful for OSC though. :tmb:

Agent 47
26-08-08, 14:58
Resistance can already screegrab :D

dizzydoil
26-08-08, 15:06
I want to be able to voice chat with friends when your both on different games, without having to leave the game your on..

I want useful stuff. :(

Oh well, atleast they're trying

john_york
26-08-08, 15:12
Still waiting for custom soundtracks...

Well, Sony have done their bit to implement that - it's time for developers to encorporate custom soundtracks into their new games, and to patch their old ones to enable the feature.

oocladableeblah
26-08-08, 16:05
I have been wanting this for a while. Would be cool to take a picture of planet earth and use it as a background :D

*laralover*
26-08-08, 17:17
This sounds awesome :jmp:

coolezpunk
26-08-08, 17:49
That sounds awesome! :tmb:

By "shots" do they mean just photos, or can you also take a video? I hope both. :D

Dingaling
26-08-08, 18:49
That sounds awesome! :tmb:

By "shots" do they mean just photos, or can you also take a video? I hope both. :D

There's already the ability for developers to include capturing video if they choose to support it in the 2.4 update so it'll be actual screenshots you can take :).

b0bb13
26-08-08, 19:18
It will be quite useful for OSC though. :tmb:

Too bad TRU already has it's own camera.:cln:

Resistance can already screegrab :D

Really?Nice.:D

Well, Sony have done their bit to implement that - it's time for developers to encorporate custom soundtracks into their new games, and to patch their old ones to enable the feature.

If only devs would actually do that.:p
But was it really that hard to make it available for every game?:confused:

TRfan23
26-08-08, 19:23
That has to be done with hardware... software solutions are done title by title.

Isn't that because every game has it's own seperate ID?

If that's the case, then not all PS2 games will end up working with the PS3. Some may even come out after the software one's released! :(

jjbennett
26-08-08, 19:43
Whens the update due for? My ps3 keeps freezing on the internet whenever it feels like it and i think its only started after the past update.

Agent 47
26-08-08, 19:46
Whens the update due for? My ps3 keeps freezing on the internet whenever it feels like it and i think its only started after the past update.

no idea, i stay away from sites with too much flash & java script as such my browser rarely freezes now :D

jjbennett
26-08-08, 20:15
When will they put a flash plugin for the ps3?!

toxicraider
26-08-08, 20:18
When will they put a flash plugin for the ps3?!

They have, but it's an old one, both the wii and the ps3 may get a more recent version of flash when adobe makes one that is compatible :)

ben croft
26-08-08, 21:06
Nice!! :D

jjbennett
26-08-08, 21:36
Ah ha, well lets hope thats soon. One other thing i would really like is the ability to download things from download sites (rapidshare/megaupload) where they end in a playable file type ie .wmv

At the minute if you click download it just tries to stream them and theres no way around it. I can only download .zip or .rar and i really want those (ahem) illegal CDs and files.

toxicraider
26-08-08, 21:39
Ah ha, well lets hope thats soon. One other thing i would really like is the ability to download things from download sites (rapidshare/megaupload) where they end in a playable file type ie .wmv

At the minute if you click download it just tries to stream them and theres no way around it. I can only download .zip or .rar and i really want those (ahem) illegal CDs and files.

Yh that would be useful, but it's only possible if you can open the zip file, If you install linux on your ps3 then it might be possible to download it, then extract with something like 7zip, if they make it for linux.:)