PDA

View Full Version : Xbox elite?

kthnxbai
27-08-08, 08:19
Ok, well, I'm a ps3 owner, and I've been thinking of getting an xbox

Now, before anyone starts shouting xbox ftw or any of that jazz, the only reason I'm getting one is because I have some spare money. My ps3 will always be my favourite.

SO, what I was wondering was, is it worth my while to get the elite system

Or the regular 20G

Is the extra 100G worth another €100???

http://www.tendancehightech.com/blog/images/game/Xbox-360-Elite-2.jpg

I'd like to hear from owners of both types of console please :)

Oh, btw...just wondering too, does the normal 360 have a HDMI port?

Ward Dragon
27-08-08, 08:32
My brother has a 20 GB Xbox 360. He only uses the harddrive for saves and occassional demos and he hasn't had any issues with running out of space yet :) I guess it depends on how much you intend to download onto the console.

Off topic: In answer to your signature question, I think I am :p I said I absolutely hate the headset and I'll want to kill Zip and Alister if they talk to me and ruin the atmosphere in Underworld (that got me into GROZAA) and then I said that if there is no headset chatter I won't mind them being in a cutscene or two (that got me into KZAA) :p

thanatos
27-08-08, 08:34
The premiums have a HDMI port, the Arcade doesn't. If you buy the HD drive separately it costs quite a bit more so if you think you'll use the extra space I say go for it. I had a premium and bought an Elite as well just for the extra space and HDMI port so I certainly think it's worth it.

KC Mraz
27-08-08, 08:35
All the 360s have HDMI port (i think the Arcde pack don't though) :tmb:

viper456
27-08-08, 08:36
TBF I have a Premium and I have never ran out space, but I don't put music on it or anything like that or films etc I just download teh occasional demo and delete it when I'm done and save my games (obv)

The only difference is the colour and the storage space and really now since the Premium comes with 60gb as standard as aposed to 20gb you might aswell get the premium and save your money, especially if your PS3 is your main console anyway. All versions have HDMI.

The premiums have a HDMI port, the Arcade doesn't. If you buy the HD drive separately it costs quite a bit more so if you think you'll use the extra space I say go for it. I had a premium and bought an Elite as well just for the extra space and HDMI port so I certainly think it's worth it.

Arcade does have HDMI, all versions of the 360 have HDMI now its just space that varies. But originally the Core did not have HDMI the same as the Pro.

Archetype
27-08-08, 08:52
wait for the 60gb Version to come out.

kthnxbai
27-08-08, 08:55
When is the 60G coming out?

viper456
27-08-08, 09:01
When is the 60G coming out?

Its out now in the UK. Im not sure about anywhere else (but if we have it Im guessing most other places already do too.)

kthnxbai
27-08-08, 09:04
Aaah, okies.... thanks :hug:

Samsdad
27-08-08, 15:53
If you live in NA you might want to wait a few weeks as there are strong rumors of an XBox360 price cut coming in early September. It might save you a few dollars.

robm_2007
27-08-08, 16:53
If you live in NA you might want to wait a few weeks as there are strong rumors of an XBox360 price cut coming in early September. It might save you a few dollars.

i think that it was confirmed?

XBOX 360 Arcade (now)- $279.99
(price cut)- $199.99

Samsdad
27-08-08, 18:10
i think that it was confirmed?

XBOX 360 Arcade (now)- $279.99
(price cut)- $199.99

There is very strong evidence pointing in that direction, but no "official confirmation" from MS.

Fish.
27-08-08, 18:11
The elite isn't much different than the regular Xbox 360 - it just has a 120gb hard drive and HDMI port. There's a new version of the 360 though, with a 60gb hard drive and the same HDMI port. I'd go with that one. ;)

UNDERTAKER
27-08-08, 18:12
I think everyone should hold off in buying a console until near xmas. Both the PS3 and 360 will likely come down in price around that time. Or at the very least, you'll be able to pick up some great package deals.

kthnxbai
27-08-08, 18:31
I think everyone should hold off in buying a console until near xmas. Both the PS3 and 360 will likely come down in price around that time. Or at the very least, you'll be able to pick up some great package deals.

Well, that's more or less what I was waiting for...I just thought I'd start deciding which one to get now....

I'd be happy if I could get the elite for less than €350...in a bundle :p...

Samsdad
27-08-08, 18:35

I do not think you will see a price cut on the PS3 this year. I think Sony will focus on different bundles as their selling point. I recall seeing an announcement on a Racing Game bundle and a BR Movie bundle to be released in Europe in September, sort of a counter to MS's possible price cut in NA at that time.