PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Thread

Nitro Typhoon
27-08-08, 19:26
Would it be possible to request a suggestions thread for this place? I think we should get to hear the member's opinions on things as well :tea:

Is it a bad idea?

violentblossom
27-08-08, 19:26
Would it be possible to request a suggestions thread for this place? I think we should get to hear the member's opinions on things as well :tea:

Is it a bad idea?

suggestions towards..? the game?

Nitro Typhoon
27-08-08, 19:27
No, the whole forum in general.

rickybazire
27-08-08, 19:56
Here's one that I know has been suggested many times, but I'll suggest it again...

A 'General Tomb Raider Chat' section. It's a section that involves questions like, 'what's your favourite Tomb Raider?', 'your favourite moment'. Questions that involve all Tomb Raiders.

violentblossom
27-08-08, 19:57
i'd like for Mature Chat to be available to those who've not been here a whole 3 months..

i fit all the other qualifications. :(

Dakaruch
27-08-08, 20:01
A 'General Tomb Raider Chat' section. It's a section that involves questions like, 'what's your favourite Tomb Raider?', 'your favourite moment'. Questions that involve all Tomb Raiders.

You can do that here on General Chat...

General Chat
General discussion on Tomb Raider or anything else. Keep it litigation-free!

Apparently that's one of the purposes of this section! :p

Tombcool
27-08-08, 20:02
i'd like for Mature Chat to be available to those who've not been here a whole 3 months..

I'd like Mature Chat age to be lowered to 16 or 17. :p:cln:

VonCroy360
27-08-08, 20:08
I'd like a Croatian/Serbian International Forums section. And yes, this is like the fifth time I suggest this. :vlol: :o
I mean, we have almost a dozen members from around here on TRF, so the series is obviously popular here. Not to mention a bunch of us old members would like to post there as well. :o

Shrantellatessa
27-08-08, 20:19
Before this thread gets closed, I'd like to suggest changing the layout and colors of TRF to something related to TR. as this is the biggest TR forum on the web! JemieLover has made something really nice and that doesn't consume bandwidth at all :wve:

badboy70
27-08-08, 20:32
A dutch sub-forum, maybe.

We already have 25 members in the Group :whi:

lararoxs
27-08-08, 20:35
New colours for a layout! This forums the best and deserves to look that way too!

Titanium
27-08-08, 20:36
More themes, definately more themes.

Nitro Typhoon
27-08-08, 20:50
Before this thread gets closed, I'd like to suggest changing the layout and colors of TRF to something related to TR. as this is the biggest TR forum on the web! JemieLover has made something really nice and that doesn't consume bandwidth at all :wve:

I don't understand why this thread would be closed at all. Is it illegal to suggest ideas now?

But yes, a General Tomb Raider forum would be better then discussing all general Tomb Raider topics in General Chat..

And a new, maybe more modern theme would be wonderful.

violentblossom
27-08-08, 20:52
I don't understand why this thread would be closed at all. Is it illegal to suggest ideas now?

But yes, a General Tomb Raider forum would be better then discussing all general Tomb Raider topics in General Chat..

And a new, maybe more modern theme would be wonderful.

Seconded.. this isn't a bad thread. :)

i wouldn't mind color options for people to be able to choose how they wanna see the forum.

Shrantellatessa
28-08-08, 03:30
I never said that this was a "bad" thread, it's just that I've already seen some similar threads get closed before. And I do fully support suggestion threads in general, so take it easy my friend :)

rowanlim
28-08-08, 03:53
1. General TR forum would be nice, that's where all the "Your Favorite TR game", suggestions for future TR games & the like would go to :)

2. General Music Section :whi:

3. Global Issues Section.

4. New theme :p

Just some of my suggestions :)

coolezpunk
28-08-08, 04:38
Hm, maybe a stickied advice thread? Since there are a lot of people seeking advice.

Sure, new themes. Why not?

:wve:

Orionvalentine
28-08-08, 09:58
A Tomb Raider theme would be awesome, it would fit everything perfectly. Also, I would like to see the one done by JemieLover (that right?)

Crystal girl
28-08-08, 10:19
I don't want to sound annoying but i'd like an italian section, and not just me but other italian people too :)

RAID
28-08-08, 21:13
I don't want to sound annoying but i'd like an italian section, and not just me but other italian people too :)
Seconded

TRhalloween
28-08-08, 21:16

Yeah I want to see what's in there. :D

Cochrane
28-08-08, 21:23
Concerning international sections: Take a look at those that already exist and see how active they are. That's not a lot, German has three threads active in the last week (not counting stickies), others are similar, the one that has really more is Portuguese. 12 or 25 is absolutely not enough to be relevant. It's not my decision to make, I'm just pointing out why I think it'll be unlikely unless you are really a very large group. If you're on this forum in the first place, you already know english, so most people tend to stay in the english sections because they are way more active.

I'm opposed to new themes if they take away this one. I like having a very clear design that lets me focus on the text instead of the graphics. If new themes are optional then obviously I won't care.

For those of you who wonder what it's like being in MGC: I'm not allowed to tell specifics, but trust me when I say that it's mostly not exciting. It's like GC, only with fewer people and less spam.

Others: A gender feature would be nice, though the current workaround (putting it in Location) goes along quite nicely. Other than that, I do think the current avatar situation is sub-optimal, and other forums manage this problem without all the administrative overhead that I don't think is making anyone really happy. It doesn't really disturb me either, though. Finally, I've been long hoping for some new tags like 200, 10 that would automatically convert these measurements based on user's settings. I don't think there's a board plugin to do that, though, and I guess most people would just ignore it anyway.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the system as it is right now.

peeves
29-08-08, 01:08

No i think the mature chat shall stay at 18. I'd like to have a thread where you could tell your favorite colors etc.

findme
29-08-08, 01:43
I'd like to have a thread where you could tell your favorite colors etc.

Sorry what?

Shrantellatessa
29-08-08, 01:44
I dunno if this is possible, but I'd love an option that allows members to be notified when someone quotes them in a thread so they can reply to him/her without having to read all thread pages :)

Quasimodo
29-08-08, 02:11
I dunno if this is possible, but I'd love an option that allows members to be notified when someone quotes them in a thread so they can reply to him/her without having to read all thread pages :)

I like this idea.

-'Ignore Thread' option

hera7days
29-08-08, 02:14
I'm also for the inclusion of a General Tomb Raider Chat. Why? Because I end up missing out on a lot of good threads, because I'll be like, hey, that thread looks interesting, and then go off to do something else, and I'll come back, and be like, where the heck did the thread go? and it's buried under a ton of non Tomb Raider threads.

But mostly, I'd like a general TR chat section because sometimes it's just tricky to figure out whether to put a thread in general chat or a specific TR section. Like, say you've got a thread that's mostly about TR1, but also contains a few references to TR2, does it go in the TR1 section or General Chat?

Similarly, I think it would be cool if we could split the fanart/fic/etc section in Tomb Raider and non Tomb Raider.

Shrantellatessa
29-08-08, 02:14
I like this idea.

Thanks, Heather! :p

Little-Lara
29-08-08, 02:24

This a great idea, specially for people who don't have a lot of free time

Quasimodo
29-08-08, 02:26
This a great idea, specially for people who don't have a lot of free time

It'd make discussions a lot better, too. Ever typed out a long, thoughtful post only to have someone post right after you (starting a new page), and have what you wrote totally ignored? nrrr.... :p

Shrantellatessa
29-08-08, 02:34
So do you guys think that such an option does actually exist? I mean do you think there's an existing code for it in the web or it needs to be "invented" or coded from scratch? :)

Endow
29-08-08, 02:38
It'd make discussions a lot better, too. Ever typed out a long, thoughtful post only to have someone post right after you (starting a new page), and have what you wrote totally ignored? nrrr.... :p

Who cares about long thoughtful posts anyway? :p

I'd really like to see a new theme. With a darker tone. Not necessarily black, maybe Egyptian brown or something - just something that wasn't as bright on the eyes as this one.

Quasimodo
29-08-08, 02:40
Who cares about long thoughtful posts anyway? :p

I'd really like to see a new theme. With a darker tone. Not necessarily black, maybe Egyptian brown or something - just something that wasn't as bright on the eyes as this one.

Yeah...TRF needs something a little more tomb raidery :) It'd be cool to have some new skins based on levels from the game: Egypt, Cambodia, Atlantis, Venice, underwater...

Endow
29-08-08, 02:41
Yeah...TRF needs something a little more tomb raidery :) It'd be cool to have some new skins based on levels from the game: Egypt, Cambodia, Atlantis, Venice, underwater...

Ooh ooh, Greece!!:D

tranniversary119
29-08-08, 02:53
Love this thread :tmb: Weird I was totally thinking about this today to. I'd like our profiles to allow images and pictures of ourselves. I'd also be happy if we could edit our own avatars but if it's easier for the mod's to do it so be it. And to add to the profile thing maybe let us do some fun creative stuff to it? I suppose most of these things cost money? If that's the case I'm not so sure.

lararoxs
29-08-08, 13:03

:tmb:

Nitro Typhoon
29-08-08, 17:57
*waits for Justin to see topic*

:whi:

Smog
29-08-08, 18:31
This whole "new skins" idea is a good one. This is the least interesting looking forum I've ever been one, and the default theme is hella boring. I realise saving bandwidth or whatever is important, but a new default theme would be awesome. Something stony and brown and covered in cobwebs would be perfect.

Tihocan9
30-08-08, 17:32
I have said this before but, concerning the suggestion of Themes, Justin tried putting new themes on before, people complained and weren't very thankful so why should he have to waste his time on something that people won't appreciate. Obviously I would like a Tomb Raidery one but I can understand if he chooses not to make one.

Angelus
30-08-08, 17:35
Spoiler tags code.

We desperately need these. :tmb:

Mona Sax
30-08-08, 17:37
Search for your own name using the 'show results as posts' option and you should get all messages where somebody mentioned or quoted you. I know it's not the easiest and most comfortable way, but it works.

Nitro Typhoon
30-08-08, 19:20
Spoiler tags code.

We desperately need these. :tmb:

Ditto.

And even one new theme would be great. I don't like this nasty default vBulletin theme. We have over 3 million posts, why can't we spice things up a little bit?

Wana b like Lara
30-08-08, 19:25
I would have liked a General Underworld Chat, you could have asked question about it instead of makin a thread and givin the Mods somethin to do :p, well that's mine! :D I.E Can i have the release date please? What rating is it going to be? Is it going to look more cartoony on the PS2?, well that's mine!

Nitro Typhoon
03-09-08, 16:29
Another thing I would like is a limit to posts. People go around making posts like this:

':D'

and this

':vlol:'

and this

':jmp:'

I say there should be a 15 character limit. People are making posts with nothing but smilies and maybe 2 letters, and making of thousands of posts that way. It's called spamming.

ivannnnn
03-09-08, 16:35
I'd like a editable skin. :D

Rivendell
04-09-08, 12:42
Is there any hope of a 'gallery' feature in the social groups, sometime in the future? :)

Shrantellatessa
04-09-08, 12:44
Search for your own name using the 'show results as posts' option and you should get all messages where somebody mentioned or quoted you. I know it's not the easiest and most comfortable way, but it works.

That's why a notification would be great :)

CroftScionGuard
04-09-08, 12:57
It's for over 18 for a reason. The reason isn't in the section, it's about being considered adult in your country
Yeah I want to see what's in there. :D
you only want access there to only see what's in there? If not, see what I said above.
I dunno if this is possible, but I'd love an option that allows members to be notified when someone quotes them in a thread
That would be awesome. :tmb: We could skip in that way many replies like "thanks" or ":D" or other like that

About a section for General TR discussion: we're in the right place, but flooded with non-TR stuff. Better saying we could have a sub-section here on the CG

About skins for the forums: I miss the Xbox skin. It was different and great. Really I miss it *CRIES*
I wonder how we can create a skin for these forums and expose them. How about creating a competition?
*leaves suggestion in the air*

lara_rocks
04-09-08, 12:57
Another thing I would like is a limit to posts. People go around making posts like this:

and this

and this

I say there should be a 15 character limit. People are making posts with nothing but smilies and maybe 2 letters, and making of thousands of posts that way. It's called spamming.

I agree! It gets annoying.

Another thing I agree on is the General TR section, this is a great idea. It's confusing when You want to compare tomb raiders.. And i know the general chat section is meant to tomb raider aswell, but theres always too many different threads so you lose track.

kthnxbai
05-09-08, 00:03
I think there should be a general spam thread...

no seriously, hear me out...

You ever just wanna say something weird or tell a joke or something trivial like that

And yeah, you could put it in gc, but that kinda interrupts any actual conversation going on there and it's quite rude...

I also think it could be entertaining...and I've seen other forums with it too

Quasimodo
05-09-08, 01:02

You ever just wanna say something weird or tell a joke or something trivial like that

And yeah, you could put it in gc, but that kinda interrupts any actual conversation going on there and it's quite rude...

"General Randomness Thread" or "The Random Thread" sounds a little nicer.

Neteru
05-09-08, 14:46
We have one. It's called Open Chat. Not that it is an excuse to spam, but it is a place where members can be random, or discuss things that don't particularly merit a thread.

Nitro Typhoon
13-09-08, 21:53
Has Justin even looked at this thread? :whi:

AmericanAssassin
04-10-08, 16:01
Add "Tomb Raider" to the AOD and TLR forum titles, and add some consistency... It drives me crazy.

It reads...

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2: Dagger of Xian
Tomb Raider 3: Adventures of Lara Croft
The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
The Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld

It should read...

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II: Starring Lara Croft
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness

And there should be a...

Tomb Raider Future Specualtion Thread ;)

Quasimodo
04-10-08, 16:03
From the old new thread:

I'd like to have a separate General Tomb Raider Chat from all the games and music threads. Actually, GC could be split up into three subsections:

-Tomb Raider General Chat
-News, Politics, and other Issues Discussion
-Rec Room (for music, games, member pictures, purchase pictures, open chat)

This way serious discussion would be more likely to flourish in threads of the first two types that would otherwise be drowned out by the Britney and 'I've got a toothache' threads :p

Candee Sparks
04-10-08, 16:03
Independently upload out own jpeg avatars would be ravishing so that there hasn't got to be so much work to do it all for us. :p

Nitro Typhoon
04-10-08, 16:04
I agree with every suggestion on this page so far. I also like the idea Daventry posted about getting a warning for bumping an old thread, I think that should be a rule.

It reads...

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2: Dagger of Xian
Tomb Raider 3: Adventures of Lara Croft
The Last Revelation
The Angel of Darkness

It should read...

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II: Starring Lara Croft
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness

Exactly. It's not exactly accurate.

daventry
04-10-08, 16:06
1. More Smilies :D

2. Have the option to Delete a Post before a Person answer, after that its too late. ;)

3. Having an ability to Keep 1000 PMs instead of 5000, as if any of us do. :p

4. A warning when trying to Revive an Old Thread. :pi:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

5. When you are in a Thread about Thor for example, way below the Thread are Example Thread Names. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif
Thor's Hammer
The Power of Thor
The Hammah
So that we know 3 of the same kind has been made before and that someone wont be Lazy to Search and just Create a Thread.

6. Longer Signitures, for example. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon1.gif
TR Forumboard: I like sea shells.
Other Forumboards: I like sea shells because they look beautiful on my desk and i will collect more tomorrow after school.

Neteru
04-10-08, 16:07
I propose wired interfaces to the forum for all members, whereby I may administer electric shocks to unruly members. All in favour, say yea.

Rileigh
04-10-08, 16:08
^^ nay nay nay nay

Candee Sparks
I propose wired interfaces to the forum for all members, whereby I may administer electric shocks to unruly members. All in favour, say yea.

:vlol:

That was delicious. Yea merrily!

Quasimodo

We'll just bite down on a belt and deal with it :ton:

ZzzzZZZZzzt "Can't stop me!"zzzZzzzZzzt

patriots88888
04-10-08, 16:09
A place to constructively voice displeasure about certain things. Such as those who only wish to belittle and put-down other forum members. I have lost so many friends on this forum recently because of the cold and cruel way that they were treated by other forum members. :(

Quasimodo
04-10-08, 16:10
A place to constructively voice displeasure about certain things. Such as those who only wish to belittle and put-down other forum members. I have lost so many friends on this forum recently because of the cold and cruel way that they were treated by other forum members. :(

Wha?...

TRhalloween
04-10-08, 16:12

and this

and this

:tmb:

As long as you don't spam too much.

patriots88888
04-10-08, 16:13
Wha?...

It means they were driven away by these jerks. They are no longer on the forum because of the way they were treated here. :(

I say that if anyone sees this type of disgusting behavior, they are pointed out so they can be brought to light and the proper penalties may be applied by forum mods and Admins who might not see it.

Quasimodo
04-10-08, 16:15
It means they were driven away by these jerks. They are no longer on the forum because of the way they were treated here. :(

These forums are pretty well moderated to weed out totally jerk-ish behavior. Unless I've been missing something it just seems like some people may have left because they couldn't handle having their opinions challenged.

daventry
04-10-08, 16:17
Thats the dummest thing ive ever heard, i have friends and i have enemies (i think) and im still here. :wve:

Neteru
04-10-08, 16:18
We'll just bite down on a belt and deal with it :ton:

ZzzzZZZZzzt "Can't stop me!"zzzZzzzZzzt:vlol:

That so cracked me up.

Rileigh
04-10-08, 16:19
These forums are pretty well moderated to weed out totally jerk-ish behavior. Unless I've been missing something it just seems like some people may have left because they couldn't handle having their opinions challenged.

If it's that bad then maybe some people should be bit lighter with how they challenge opinions. Everyone is entitled to one, and you can't expect people to always agree with yours. And then again, you should be readily open to accepting that others are going to challenge your opinion if you express it.
NVM me if I'm rambling.

Quasimodo
04-10-08, 16:20
If it's that bad then maybe some people should be bit lighter with how they challenge opinions. Everyone is entitled to one, and you can't expect people to always agree with yours. And then again, you should be readily open to accepting that others are going to challenge your opinion if you express it.
NVM me if I'm rambling.

Well, when someone says something quite outrageous, they shouldn't be surprised when someone calls them out on it.

Dingaling
04-10-08, 16:20

Nay, poor Joe would be dead :p.

patriots88888
04-10-08, 16:22
Thats the dummest thing ive ever heard, i have friends and i have enemies (i think) and im still here. :wve:

I have a long list of those who do not feel comfortable being on this forum because of this sort of thing. Dumb to you maybe, but not to those who have been treated poorly by thoughtless others. :(

daventry
04-10-08, 16:23
Thats true, but those wo tell me off or treat me bad, i ignore them or report them ;)

Another Idea, having the ability to create your Own Polls. :jmp:

Neteru
04-10-08, 16:25

:D

Another Idea, having the ability to create your Own Polls. :jmp:Oh god, no. Gen chat would be full of them.

Rileigh
04-10-08, 16:25
Well, when someone says something quite outrageous, they shouldn't be surprised when someone calls them out on it.

Exactly!! It's like a contract.

Nitro Typhoon
04-10-08, 16:26

Oh god, no. Gen chat would be full of them.

Then why not a seperate (sub?)forum for polls?

Neteru
04-10-08, 16:32
Then why not a seperate (sub?)forum for polls?Imagine it though. Do you really think members are going to make serious note of how people are voting, and their commentaries? Or, are they instead more likely to skip through the section, voting on every poll and making a post to say they've voted, and gleefully watching their post count accordingly rise?

Quasimodo
04-10-08, 16:33
I've seen some forums use an option to create a mini-poll in one's post rather than the traditional TRF poll that has its own thread. The only drawback is you can't see who voted for what.

Rileigh
04-10-08, 16:33
That's stereotyping. not everyone is like that. Don't post for the sake of getting another little number on total posts but more to make a mark in history :)

Nitro Typhoon
04-10-08, 16:34
Imagine it though. Do you really think members are going to make serious note of how people are voting, and their commentaries? Or, are they instead more likely to skip through the section, voting on every poll and making a post to say they've voted, and gleefully watching their post count accordingly rise?

I guess not. But it is a bit weird to not even be able to make your own poll. But I guess as long as we have requests, it's OK :)

daventry
04-10-08, 16:36
If your worried about a Poll becomming some spam thing for your post count, what is the Open Chat for ;)

Neteru
04-10-08, 16:39
That's stereotyping. not everyone is like that. Don't post for the sake of getting another little number on total posts but more to make a mark in history :)

I speak from long experience on this forum of knowing how members generally behave with certain types of threads. Of course there are individual differences, there always is. But general trends rarely change.

I guess not. But it is a bit weird to not even be able to make your own poll. But I guess as long as we have requests, it's OK :)Polls can be fun, and I think we actually do have very few of them. Certainly, it would seem, far fewer than we used to have in years past.

I have thought a number of times myself of having specific sub-sections for things like this, and they've been discussed. But we've always resolved against it, because of the large temptation to spam.

If your worried about a Poll becomming some spam thing for your post count, what is the Open Chat for ;)

Open chat isn't an excuse to spam.

Quasimodo
04-10-08, 16:40

Speaking of OC, it would be helpful if there were clearer guidelines on what kinds of topics are better suited for the Open Chat thread and which could have a thread of their own.

Rileigh
04-10-08, 16:41
Right, polls are overrated. It's much better to read what people's actual opinions are.

Neteru
04-10-08, 16:52
Right, polls are overrated. It's much better to read what people's actual opinions are.

I agree, for the most part.

Speaking of OC, it would be helpful if there were clearer guidelines on what kinds of topics are better suited for the Open Chat thread and which could have a thread of their own.The problem with this, as with so many things, is that it can be difficult to define in specific terms. Various things have to be considered in each case, before deciding such a thing. And there are always differing opinions. It's part of the job of being a moderator to evaluate in each case, weighing various things against one another. Elysia's guide to posting in the announcement at the top of the section is a reasonable guide for any member to use in order to consider whether they really need to make a thread, or just broach the subject in Open Chat. Of course, the first obstacle anybody needs to get over is their desire to make their 'own' thread in the first place. If they can do that, they're in a better position to decide whether to make the thread at all.

daventry
04-10-08, 17:25
When searching for something, please make the wait like 20 seconds instead of 50 seconds.

ivannnnn
04-10-08, 17:32
When searching for something, please make the wait like 20 seconds instead of 50 seconds.
Yeah it really bothers me....

touchthesky
04-10-08, 17:37

Oh god, no. Gen chat would be full of them.

I agree. And the polls we have just now are relatively decent BECAUSE they have to be requested. If they didn't..we'd be full of;

"WHOZ THE HOTTEZT JONAZ BRUVA"
"Whats your favourite color" x45

etc

Shrantellatessa
05-10-08, 02:05

I second that :)

Christi
05-10-08, 02:28

i fit all the other qualifications. :(

I know omg, it makes me mad...im ALMOST 18 though haha!! :D

Quasimodo
05-10-08, 07:53
How about a "Daily Gripe" thread? all minor drama could be redirected there.

Angelus
05-10-08, 07:55
How about a "Daily Gripe" thread? all minor drama could be redirected there.

That's what Open Chat is for, though. No-one cares if someone gets detention, or about some bus driver.

Quasimodo
05-10-08, 08:01
That's what Open Chat is for, though. No-one cares if someone gets detention, or about some bus driver.

How else are people supposed to find an audience for teh drama?

...or perhaps all minor drama threads could be locked on the spot:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/wahmbulance.jpg
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/buttons/threadclosed.gif

Angelus
05-10-08, 08:03
How else are people supposed to find an audience for teh drama?

...or perhaps all minor drama threads could be locked on the spot:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/wahmbulance.jpg
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/buttons/threadclosed.gif

Lmfao! :vlol:

daventry
05-10-08, 09:15
Having the ability to view 240 Pages at a time, instead of 50. :o

I still say my List Thread was better then this Thread. :ton:

TR love
05-10-08, 09:25
definently a section that relates to ALL tomb raiders

rickybazire
05-10-08, 10:09
Bring back the memberlist!!

:p

Rileigh
05-10-08, 10:10
An inbuilt asylum!!!! :jmp: :tea:

Mr.Burns
05-10-08, 10:13
I have a long list of those who do not feel comfortable being on this forum because of this sort of thing. Dumb to you maybe, but not to those who have been treated poorly by thoughtless others. :(

Any issues you have with another member should be brought to the attention of one of the moderators. We do listen and take a very serious stance on aggression or bullying.

Angelus
05-10-08, 10:28

I might have to kill you tonight. :mad:

irjudd
05-10-08, 16:02
The search feature is very useful, however, 60 seconds is a LONG TIME to wait when you're trying to find something specific and you are trying to dial in on exactly what search terms the system wants.

domina
05-10-08, 17:42
My main gripe: Let us upload our own avatars! There are plenty of forums with a similar size and demographic that allow their members that liberty, and there are very few abuses of said priviledge.

A Gen. TR Forum would be nice: We could have all the generic TR convos like "What's your favorite TR game?" and like AmericanAssassin mentioned, a good place for speculation on future TR games. It could also include a place for all TR games that don't have their own subforums, like the GBC/GBA, DVD, and mobile games.

I do think we need to be cautious about having too many forums, though. I hate it when boards have tons of forums and subforums. The way the board is laid out now is fine, and another forum wouldn't create too much clutter. Just something I wanted to throw out there for folks that want a forum for everything. :p

Spoiler tags would be great.

I don't really care about having a bunch of skins and I'm fine with what we have, but a revamp of the standard skin would be a nice change if time permitted. Keep it minimalistic, but maybe change the colors so they're more "Tomb Raidery."

Dingaling
05-10-08, 17:42
I might have to kill you tonight. :mad:

I know you really love me :D.

My suggestion right now is to sticky the PSN ID/XBL Gamertag thread floating around in the Video Game section. I thought UT would have immediately stickied it. Saying that, is he around much? :/

Quasimodo
10-10-08, 16:29
How about a sub-forum in the Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings section for competitions? This would save mods the hassle of stickying threads, and unclutter the main fanworks section. When competitions are complete then the mods can simply close them.

.:Tirivol:.
22-10-08, 12:37
Shouldn't be there also an italian section?:ton:

daventry
17-02-09, 09:29
I know this Thread is Old, but it should be Stickied and should i really start a New Suggestion Thread. :o:confused:

Anyway, i went to another Forum Board and wanted to start a New Thread, when an Automatic Search thingie popped up that tells me such a Thread with that Name already Exist.

Example:
Starting to Create a Thread - Goerge W Bush
Automatic Search pops up with a Result of 20 Existing Threads with the name Goerge W Bush.

It helps the Member who is lazy to Search that makes Threads that already exist somewhere like 3 Threads below and the Automatic Search thingie tells you theres one already before you even Create the Thread.

spikejones
19-02-09, 03:22
a "locked threads section" or ability to search a moderator's profile for "see all threads killed by" :D

I like to read the final posts:p

irjudd
22-02-09, 16:17
Nevermind! But I would like to reiterate that the dagum search feature having a 60 second wait is annoying :pi:

God Horus
22-02-09, 16:23
How about a sub-forum in the Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings section for competitions? This would save mods the hassle of stickying threads, and unclutter the main fanworks section. When competitions are complete then the mods can simply close them.

I think that's a great idea! :tmb:

I would really like it if we were able to upload our own avatars, but I see why tlr doesn't want us to. If anyone remembers a REALLY long time ago on TRF, there was an avatar library. You could choose pretty much any avatar from it at any time, and if you wanted your own avatar that you made, you would PM it to Elen and she would add it to the avatar library. Maybe something like that?

If there were spoiler tags in titles it would be great too. I hated reading threads like: WARNING! Major spoilers!! Lara has a doppelganger :eek:

Larson_1988
22-02-09, 16:24
@irjudd

You can do that, :) Go to User CP -> Edit options and scroll down to Thread display options and untick the "Show signatures" box. :)

irjudd
22-02-09, 16:27
:eek: Thanks! I should really look into the CP more often :D

Now I'm looking for a way to make the dates in this forum to stop displaying as day/month/year but rather as month/day/year.