PDA

View Full Version : Brain game beats TR =(

KC Mraz
27-08-08, 19:52
British people, hello! Apparently lots of you own Brain Age [Brain Training]. Like a lot a lot. According to compilers Chart-Track, the game has spent 80 weeks in the UK's top ten. 80. Eighty. 8. 0. The gray matter DS title has now surpassed the original Tomb Raider's benchmark.
Perhaps British folks keep losing their copies of Brain Age and keep buying replacements? Perhaps they're just crazy for brain games? Perhaps.

Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5042325/brain-age-breaks-uk-sales-record)

Curse you Dr Kawashima! *shakes fist*

TombRaiderLover
27-08-08, 19:52
Oh, poo.

toxicraider
27-08-08, 19:54
It's not a real game

Larapink
27-08-08, 19:56
80 weeks in UK's top ten games? Thats amazing,:eek:

I agree with toxicrader said it's really not a game!

toxicraider
27-08-08, 19:59
80 weeks in UK's top ten games? Thats amazing,:eek:

I agree with toxicrader said it's really not a game!

it's all the adverts, i have never seen another game so heavily advertised, all nintendo games are a bit, but brain training is just advert after advert. but yh not a proper game, so doesn't compare, same with wii fit. Plus it's bundled so everybody gets it.
anyone see those comments :yik:
Hmm them brits sure need brain exercise
Its probably becouse they are stupid

how rude!

Larapink
27-08-08, 20:03
it's all the adverts, i have never seen another game so heavily advertised, all nintendo games are a bit, but brain training is just advert after advert. but yh not a proper game, so doesn't compare, same with wii fit. Plus it's bundled so everybody gets it.
anyone see those comments :yik:

how rude!
I agree it's all of those adverts, I must admit though if Underworld was heavily advertised on TV here everyone would want the game. I am sure of that.

Those comments are really rude! :eek:
They should know that many famous highly intelligent minds have come from the UK!

toxicraider
27-08-08, 20:07
I agree it's all of those adverts, I must admit though if Underworld was heavily advertised on TV here everyone would want the game. I am sure of that.

Those comments are really rude! :eek:
They should know that many famous highly intelligent minds have come from the UK!

well i think it's that the adverts are for the people who don't research their games much, the hardcore audience might know about them already, i mean, most of us are blates going to buy underworld regardless of tv adverts, but yh it could do much better. I think the order of adverts goes
ds loads
wii lots
360 few
ps3 barely any
psp ermm ps what? i think i've seen one psp commercial since it's release.
and obviously ps2 whatever aren't advertised.
they just need to show more, i understand ads can be expensive but it helps.

thanatos
27-08-08, 21:01
never underestimate the power of casual gamers (Nintendo didn't and now they have a gimmick based console with 5 year out of date graphics at number 1!)

Twilight
27-08-08, 21:04
not surprising, especially with the increasing easyness from recent TR games.

Titanium
27-08-08, 21:05
Its obviously the world famous and greatest celebrity causing the success of this game... PHILLIP SCOFIELD! :p

Orionvalentine
27-08-08, 21:33
Its obviously the world famous and greatest celebrity causing the success of this game... PHILLIP SCOFIELD! :p

Don't forget that betch Nicole Kidman! Cheap advertising cause she can't get good roles :p

It's not a game, it's a joke.

coolezpunk
28-08-08, 01:07
It's not really a big deal.

Brain Age is mainly an IQ game, while Tomb Raider is an action-adventure and puzzle game. There's a HUGE difference.

konichi-wa
28-08-08, 01:41
Brain isn't even a game, I have the same experience everyday in school.

nicola1986
28-08-08, 19:05

:vlol:

Surely it's not even a game, you can't even find ancient relics on it or shoot things with dual pistols! :D

toxicraider
28-08-08, 19:18

This is just for tomb raider I
the record is 10 years old, it's not connected with any of the others (except maybe 2)

Said before and i'll say again, it's not a real game, it's software, like ms word or Berlitz french, it can't be compared at all.

Legend of Lara
28-08-08, 19:36
Its probably becouse they are stupid

Can you say "Ignorant American kid"? :p

Anyway, Brain Age? Really? Has the world been overrun by casual gamers?

Cobby
28-08-08, 21:18
It is probably mainly because people buy games because they think that they are 'below average' in intelligence so they need to buy the game to improve it.
But what they don't realise is that there must be a below average, or else there wouldn't be an average at all! (if that makes sense)
Also, what they don't realise is that there are many, probably better ways to 'improve their brain age', such as puzzles... but they cannot be bothered to put in the effort and want something interactive.

Just my 0.02p (Because I'm English) :p
And to act as my anti-flame shield, this is all IMO :D

RAID
29-08-08, 07:29
Yeah...and don't forget repetitive.

So easy, that no replay value whatsoever. And gets really old, real quick too, thanks to the constant white-ledge hopping.

toxicraider
29-08-08, 11:31

So easy, that no replay value whatsoever. And gets really old, real quick too, thanks to the constant white-ledge hopping.

This is about the first tomb raider game, if anyone is to blame it would be core for not making their game on top of the charts for longer, this has nothing to do with cd or their games.

The grey matter ds title has now surpassed the ORIGINAL tomb raider's benchmark

80 weeks after the release of TRI would mean only that game and TRII caused the record, not anything to do with legend, there's bashing cd, then there's bashing them completely unnecessarily and totally irrelevantly.

TRhalloween
29-08-08, 16:49

Yeah, white ledges really started the downfall of Tomb Raider after the raging success of Angel of Darkness.

Oh and it's talking about the first game.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-08-08, 16:53
i dont have brain training and dont want it. and im a british teenager who devotes my gameplay to tomb raider, not brain training XD

toxicraider
29-08-08, 16:59
Yeah, white ledges really started the downfall of Tomb Raider after the raging success of Angel of Darkness.

thankyou, somebody else realised that,

unless this record was set just before legends release, when people were flocking to buy the original for more than 1 and a half years, but were put off by the revival so stopped and it fell out of top place. :rolleyes:

^^ hayley i agree, i don't want it, it's mostly puzzles i can get in a newspaper.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-08-08, 17:03
thankyou, somebody else realised that,

unless this record was set just before legends release, when people were flocking to buy the original for more than 1 and a half years, but were put off by the revival so stopped and it fell out of top place. :rolleyes:

^^ hayley i agree, i don't want it, it's mostly puzzles i can get in a newspaper.

lol exactly and i dont like rushing myself if its not something like tomb raider, where you get rewards for rushing through things (time trials), `cause i've seen them on adverts doing everything really quick :cln:

toxicraider
29-08-08, 17:11
lol exactly and i dont like rushing myself if its not something like tomb raider, where you get rewards for rushing through things (time trials), `cause i've seen them on adverts doing everything really quick :cln:

i know, where's the fun in that? it's fact that intellectual games like tomb raider help you become more clever, so we dont need games that are less fun than school work.

Nausinous
29-08-08, 18:04
Disgusting.

RAID
29-08-08, 18:07
This is about the first tomb raider game, if anyone is to blame it would be core for not making their game on top of the charts for longer, this has nothing to do with cd or their games.

80 weeks after the release of TRI would mean only that game and TRII caused the record, not anything to do with legend, there's bashing cd, then there's bashing them completely unnecessarily and totally irrelevantly.

Unless you missed it, mine was a reply to a "recent TR's easyness" comment.

toxicraider
29-08-08, 18:30
Unless you missed it, mine was a reply to a "recent TR's easyness" comment.

and unless you missed it, i'd already replied to that comment

This is just for tomb raider I
the record is 10 years old, it's not connected with any of the others (except maybe 2)

:)

RAID
29-08-08, 18:36
^Except I wasn't talking about the article.

toxicraider
29-08-08, 18:38
fine, a little off topic but fair enough,

AmericanAssassin
29-08-08, 19:43
There are more gamers today than there were back then. Of course something was going to beat TR. Oh well... At least it's not Halo. ;)

toxicraider
29-08-08, 19:46
There are more gamers today than there were back then. Of course something was going to beat TR. Oh well... At least it's not Halo. ;)

or GTA! :eek:

da tomb raider!
29-08-08, 19:55
Well, something tells me that this "Brain Training" game won't hold the record for as long as Tomb Raider did (over a decade!)

kryptonite23
30-08-08, 07:35
WTF!!??
A brain game surpassed TR?? :yik:
THat's impossible!!