PDA

View Full Version : How to make an existing short film longer, please?

The Godfather
27-08-08, 22:45
Hey,

So I found this silly little film on the internet which I legally downloaded, but the contents is too short.

So: what I would like to do is take the entire running time of this beautiful scene and copy it once or even twice behind the already existing original scene.

That way I get to see that beautiful short scene 3 times after each other thus repeating itself continuously and making this little film longer.

I can't seem to do it with Windows Media Player. Does anyone have a good virus-free, money-free program to do this, please?

Thanks!

Bye for now

spikejones
27-08-08, 22:50
depending on the format, you may be able to use AVI-Demux to copy the whole timeline, and past it twice in a row at each successive end of the video.

But why not just set your video player to repeat?

TRF
28-08-08, 02:16
You could use a video editing program, to insert it in the program.
Copy it by Ctrl + C and then paste it by Ctrl + V after the original video...

I recommend MAGIX Video Deluxe (http://dl02.magix.net/eversion/download?file=2007/vdlx0708/nl/trial_videodeluxe2008_nl.exe&lang=NL) and you can download a trial,
(since you don't eed more then 30 days to do this)
and export it to a format you want...

But that's explaned in the program itself...
I just hope it aren't dutch: Otherwise, contact me, so i can help you downloading or get another Editing Program...

spikejones
28-08-08, 02:28
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

freeware.. not a trial. support for several different formats. forgot the link earlier.:whi:

RalKram
29-08-08, 17:42
Hey,

So I found this silly little film on the internet which I legally downloaded, but the contents is too short.

So: what I would like to do is take the entire running time of this beautiful scene and copy it once or even twice behind the already existing original scene.

That way I get to see that beautiful short scene 3 times after each other thus repeating itself continuously and making this little film longer.

I can't seem to do it with Windows Media Player. Does anyone have a good virus-free, money-free program to do this, please?

Thanks!

Bye for now

Umm...Windows Movie Maker. It comes with your computer already :D

Sifo-Dyas
30-08-08, 00:40
Umm...Windows Movie Maker. It comes with your computer already :D

Oh my God! This is so funny! I've been wondering for quite some time now what that little program was actually for - and I had the answer right under my nose the hole time - silly me! :-D

Thanks!

Bye for now

spikejones
30-08-08, 01:06
meh.. i didnt bother to mention it cause i figured you knew it was there and your video was in a format not supported by it. :vlol:

+ now that I look back at it, I think I saw you wrote Windows Media Player and the first thing that popped into my head was Windows Movie Maker. :hea:

Sifo-Dyas
30-08-08, 13:49
Heheh - thanks anyways.

Now: so far so good, but one of those short videos has a different frame than the standard one of Windows Movie Maker.

In short: most videos fill up the entire width of the screen (sometimes with a black bar above and beneath, but that's no problem) but this particular short-video does NOT reach the edges of the screen left or right so when I open it in Windows Movie Maker the frame is being altered and the video is stretch so that it becomes a lesser quality.

The explanation might be a tricky one, but the question is about as simple as water: how can I implement a video inside Windows Movie Maker without its frame being adjusted by the program?

Thanks again! :)

Bye for now

EscondeR
30-08-08, 15:37
The resolution of WMM clip is by default the same as resolution of source file(s). You can't make it bigger without quality loss unless you're using HD uncompressed media as the surce.

Sifo-Dyas
31-08-08, 16:06
The resolution of WMM clip is by default the same as resolution of source file(s). You can't make it bigger without quality loss unless you're using HD uncompressed media as the surce.

Ah ... err ... but I don't wan't it to be bigger. It just happens. When I open this short-film inside WMM it's automatically stretched from one edge to the other (left to right) ... it's done by WMM and not by me. And I was just wondering if there was perhaps an option inside this program WMM that could override this standard stretching ...

Sorry to be so vague and/or confusing! ;D

spikejones
31-08-08, 18:10
what esonder is saying is that the video is NOT being resized at the source, but rather that your VIEWER is resizing the frame to fit the screen. Those other videos you were looking at had been encoded at a letterbox resoltion (ie.. the video remains its proportions, but the black bars were added in - letter box.) this vidoe was encoded originaly w/o letter box resolution and so your viewer is stretching the video to fill the viewer screen.

you have to change your video viewing options to see what it REALLY looks like. IE.. view at original size/maintain aspect ratio.

OldFart
31-08-08, 19:10
OR ? ? ?.... just copy it the three times into Movie Maker,
(which as above may adjust the size to fit it's own window),
then SAVE the finished thing and see if it then PLAYS OK
as the "Original" movie did...

spikejones
31-08-08, 20:06
OR ? ? ?.... just copy it the three times into Movie Maker,
(which as above may adjust the size to fit it's own window),
then SAVE the finished thing and see if it then PLAYS OK
as the "Original" movie did...

true.. that IS all that really needs to be done, but as I was pointing out that they could do that just to reassure themselves as to what it really does look like (incase they didnt quite understand what me and esonder were saying about the aspect ratio of the source not really changing)

Sifo-Dyas
01-09-08, 11:06
Ok - I understood what Spikejones said, but I'm not quite sure what Oldfart meant here. did you say that I had to copy this little film 3 three times in Windows Movie Maker, save it and see what happens?

What I don't get is this - what difference is it going to make if I copy it once or 3 times? And: what do you mean by copying? How do I do that, please? I know I can open it through WMM but copying.

Sorry for all the questions. :)

Bye for now

EscondeR
01-09-08, 11:40
^ This way:

--Copy one-- + --copy two-- + --copy three--

And save as one continuous movie, thus it'll be 3 times longer.

Sifo-Dyas
01-09-08, 22:06
^ This way:

--Copy one-- + --copy two-- + --copy three--

And save as one continuous movie, thus it'll be 3 times longer.

LOL! Jesus H. Christ! :D

I expected some technical and utterly difficult explanation yet it's about as simple as turning water into wine ... ;)