PDA

View Full Version : Camel Spider Running Wild in the UK

Tombcool
28-08-08, 16:45
Looks like someone brought one of these things to the UK from Afghanistan...
http://www.itsnature.org/ground/creepy-crawlies-land/camel-spider/

...and LOST IT. Apparently it got into a kitbag that was brought to their home...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/essex/7585391.stm

I feel sorry for anyone who lives in Colchester at the moment. If you do, I suggest you move houses...NOW. :ton:

tranniversary119
28-08-08, 16:48
*Hides* that thing is creepy thank god I don't live in the U.K.

Legend of Lara
28-08-08, 16:50
Oh, gawd. Well, I guess I'll cancel that UK trip for a while, then. :p

findme
28-08-08, 17:01
HOLY, I just youtubed it, omg its MASSIVE.

Not As We
28-08-08, 17:03
Ergh!

I have a massive phobia of spiders,
just looking at the pictures in those links sent shivers down my spine

:(

I dont know what the hell I'd do if I found that in my bag,

O_O

interstellardave
28-08-08, 17:07
They say it's not really a spider... but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't set foot in my house again until it was caught/killed... so I agree 100% with that family!

toxicraider
28-08-08, 17:08
I live near Colchester :)
if i see it i'll send lots of photos and keep it as a pet :)

violentblossom
28-08-08, 17:10
i think Coconut Crab could kick Camel Spider's butt, tho.

maybe they should sic one of those on the camel spider.

tombraider123
28-08-08, 17:10
I don't want to even click on those links, I have seen a picture before. Are they deadly?

violentblossom
28-08-08, 17:11
I don't want to even click on those links, I have seen a picture before. Are they deadly?

not to people.

they just bite like hell.

findme
28-08-08, 17:12
Not sure, the bbc site just says its a painful bite.

toxicraider
28-08-08, 17:12

It says they don't normally attack humans but could give a painful bite, so i don't think so

digitizedboy
28-08-08, 17:17
I read this earlier in the morning. It killed the family's pet dog.

maximum_123
28-08-08, 17:18
Oh Em Gee.

toxicraider
28-08-08, 17:19

It doesn't say that there, where did you read it?

findme
28-08-08, 17:19

oh my god

rowanlim
28-08-08, 17:20
Ew. I actually got the creeps. *shudder*

Encore
28-08-08, 17:24
i think Coconut Crab could kick Camel Spider's butt, tho.

maybe they should sic one of those on the camel spider.

hahaha
It's like Alien vs Predator, Discovery Channel style.

tombraider123
28-08-08, 17:25
I just hope someone catches it and stops it from possible hurting someone. They are scary things!

digitizedboy
28-08-08, 17:26
It doesn't say that there, where did you read it?

here;

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080828/tuk-giant-spider-bit-pet-dog-to-death-45dbed5.html

Lemmie
28-08-08, 17:34
It's hideous!

If I ever found one I'd smash it with a frying pan, Tom and Jerry style. It belongs in a desert eating scorpions, not in the UK and certainly not in people's houses!

toxicraider
28-08-08, 17:35
here;

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080828/tuk-giant-spider-bit-pet-dog-to-death-45dbed5.html
cool thanks :) that articles better
when did this happen?
I'm watching our local news

tomblover
28-08-08, 17:42
Thank God I live in Sweden. :yik:

TombRaiderLover
28-08-08, 17:43
:yik:

clw
28-08-08, 17:44
people had to eat them in fear factor i dont know how to post videos so if someone else can write in fear factor camel spider its the first video there which says camel spider eating contest

Lavinder
28-08-08, 17:58
Gross!

Hp3WEEoIxNQ

findme
28-08-08, 18:00
OMFG :yik::yik::yik:

Not As We
28-08-08, 18:02
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit,

that was freaking disgusting

:eek:

violentblossom
28-08-08, 18:03
It's hideous!

If I ever found one I'd smash it with a frying pan, Tom and Jerry style. It belongs in a desert eating scorpions, not in the UK and certainly not in people's houses!

:vlol:

toxicraider
28-08-08, 18:03
ew lol
and i thought ima celebrity was bad

-DaNnEe..
28-08-08, 18:07
Where about in the UK? :yik: OMFG! I'm moving =|

findme
28-08-08, 18:08
this isnt the camel one but..OMG

rzOsf15tFCI

digitizedboy
28-08-08, 18:11
It would be interesting if it was mating with the domesticated spiders in the UK, and producing venomous little buggers. you know, just like in that movie "arachnophobia". :D

Lavinder
28-08-08, 18:12
Findme, listen to that without the video. Rather amusing.

findme
28-08-08, 18:15
Findme, listen to that without the video. Rather amusing.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no no i don't like the big one!

GRAB IT GRAB IT

TombRaiderLover
28-08-08, 18:17
I couldn't even bring myself to touch those things, let alone eat them. :p

IceColdLaraCroft
28-08-08, 18:17
*gets belt....because I need a hammah to kill it*

remote91
28-08-08, 18:19
Its a shame, the Sun said the camel spider bit the dog of the soldier and it sadly died.

Elysia
28-08-08, 18:30
When my husband was living in Saudi Arabia as a kid (he grew up there), he used to go camping the desert with his Dad a lot, and they used to string hammocks between Land Rovers to sleep because of the camel spiders - you seriously don't want them crawling on you at night when you're camping! His Dad (my father in law) once said that they were joking around at night, going out for a night hike and he said 'this is when you shine your torch down and there are camel spiders there!' sohe shone his torch down - and sat there, right by his foot, was the biggest one he'd ever seen! He then showed me a dead one he had in a box... needless to say, I am very, very VERY glad they are not indigenous to this country. They are absolutely, freakishly terrifying!

Whether it is caught or not, it won't survive - it's too cold here, and probably won't manage to survive the winter.

toxicraider
28-08-08, 18:30
Its a shame, the Sun said the camel spider bit the dog of the soldier and it sadly died.

Apparently it didn't kill the dog but it needed to be put down.

Dannee - good ol' essex :)

remote91
28-08-08, 18:32
When my husband was living in Saudi Arabia as a kid (he grew up there), he used to go camping the desert with his Dad a lot, and they used to string hammocks between Land Rovers to sleep because of the camel spiders - you seriously don't want them crawling on you at night when you're camping! His Dad (my father in law) once said that they were joking around at night, going out for a night hike and he said 'this is when you shine your torch down and there are camel spiders there!' sohe shone his torch down - and sat there, right by his foot, was the biggest one he'd ever seen! He then showed me a dead one he had in a box... needless to say, I am very, very VERY glad they are not indigenous to this country. They are absolutely, freakishly terrifying!

Whether it is caught or not, it won't survive - it's too cold here, and probably won't manage to survive the winter.
That story had me biting my lip..and I only do that when I'm very creeped out.

Elysia
28-08-08, 18:40
That story had me biting my lip..and I only do that when I'm creeped out.
I know... it's a really horrible thought, isn't it? My father in law has lots of camel spider and scorpion related stories... all told to thoroughly creep me out (or so I believe, anyway!).

My run in with a big old field spider earlier this year was enough, and that was half the size of the camel spider (to cut a long story short, I got up at 3am to go to the loo - half asleep, I felt something touch my toe, so I looked down and the biggest, hairiest black field spider you can imagine had decided to cuddle up against my foot. I screamed, kicked the thing away (and then felt bad because, despite being terrified, the way it huddled against the wall meant it was obvious it was a frightened as I was) and then proceeded to sit on the loo for another half an hour, too scared to get off! I then had to sit up for a further 3 hours, because I couldn't sleep - no matter what happened, all I could feel was the spider, sitting on my big toe... *shudders*

Funny thing is, it still lives in my utility room (the room next to the bathroom), behind the fridge. I know this, because when we bought a new fridge a couple of weeks ago, we had to dump the old one... when we moved it, there was my old pal, the big, black, hairy spider! Still, live and let live - it's not my fault it scares me, and it seems happy to live behind the fridge, so as long as it doesn't sit on my foot again, I'm happy to share my house with it :)

remote91
28-08-08, 18:47
Aww that's kind of sweet that it still lives with you :D

I have a huge spider in my room that I just don't want to disturb. I get very nervous though when I can't see where it is and I get scared that I'll wake up at night and it will be on my face.

Do you know anymore of your father in laws creepy stories?

They're a good read.

touchthesky
28-08-08, 19:00
I live near Colchester :)
if i see it i'll send lots of photos and keep it as a pet :)

Do it.
I'll help you feed it.

clw
28-08-08, 19:04
remote91 it might crawl in your mouth while your asleep or if small enough go in your ears plus your a man/boy sorry dont know your age your surpose to protect women from spiders.

Endow
28-08-08, 19:04
If I was a psychologist I would probably like to conduct a study in order to evaluate if this generalized fear of spiders has anything to do with TV or movies or whatever.

Why arachnophobia and not...I dunno...lion-phobia? I don't see what's so dangerous or scary about spiders. If it wasn't so common I wouldn't give it a second thought but I know a lot of people who are arachnophobic ...

Fortune&Glory
28-08-08, 19:07
Here in the states it would be rapidly dispatched with a firearm. :D

remote91
28-08-08, 19:07
remote91 it might crawl in your mouth while your asleep or if small enough go in your ears plus your a man/boy sorry dont know your age your surpose to protect women from spiders.
I'm 17 :ohn:

But the thing is freaking huge. Usually I'll just kill them [with a shoe], but recently I've been more inclined to go for the glass method. I guess I don't really mind the huge ones anymore for some reason. They seem bigger and friendlier :p

Angelx14
28-08-08, 19:08
Oh God, spiders! Ew! KILL IT! *screams like a big sissy*

Fortune&Glory
28-08-08, 19:08
Spider splatter.

Tombcool
28-08-08, 19:10
Wow, what a scary story Elysia! That sent shivers down my spine. :yik:

Are you going to name that big, black spider of yours? :ton:

it might crawl in your mouth while your asleep...

That reminds me of some sort of statistic I heard while I was in school last year. My Biology teacher said the average person swallows about 14 spiders every year while they are asleep. Oh dear. :eek:

----------------------------

I first became freaked out by spiders when I saw this episode of Buffy the Vampire slayer when I was a kid. I can't remember the name of it (would help if someone shed some light on what it was called). There was this box and every time someone opened it a giant spider-like thing would jump out and stick to your face and eat it or something. Scared the crap out of me.:hea:

violentblossom
28-08-08, 19:11
Aww that's kind of sweet that it still lives with you :D

I have a huge spider in my room that I just don't want to disturb. I get very nervous though when I can't see where it is and I get scared that I'll wake up at night and it will be on my face.

If I was a psychologist I would probably like to conduct a study in order to evaluate if this generalized fear of spiders has anything to do with TV or movies or whatever.

ionno why, eiether.

i got a spider tattooed on my ankle to represent alot of different things.

Encore
28-08-08, 19:15
Ask yourself, what would Lara do?

http://i36.************/2vbn6uw.jpg

clw
28-08-08, 19:16
remote91 i didnt mean to be rude but if we were in a room together you would have to kill it i cant even kill a spider im so afraid and defiantly couldnt sleep in the same house as one just saying your a man although sterotypical a women looks at a man as a protecter atleast i do.

scion05
28-08-08, 19:18
Oh good lord :vlol: Saw this a looooong time ago though :p :

Beware, not for the light of heart :wve:

F61N5HtDejM

@ Elysia : Wait until your good pal the hairy black spider lays it's eggs :mis:

:hug:

remote91
28-08-08, 19:20
remote91 i didnt mean to be rude but if we were in a room together you would have to kill it i cant even kill a spider im so afraid and defiantly couldnt sleep in the same house as one just saying your a man although sterotypical a women looks at a man as a protecter atleast i do.
Don't worry, I didnt think you were being rude :D

Just not all men/boys are fans of creepy crawlies :p

violentblossom
28-08-08, 19:21
Oh good lord :vlol: Saw this a looooong time ago though :p :

Beware, not for the light of heart :wve:

here's my inner monologue from while i was watching this:

"is it eating bread or something? what the heck is that? i.... OH, oh, that's sick!"

clw
28-08-08, 19:24
remote91 if somehow we meet on the street and i had a spider on my back what would you do

remote91
28-08-08, 19:24
Good lord it ate straight through its head!

Clw- If it wasnt harming you, you can patiently wait for me to go get a stick and let the spider climb on it to it. If it was a camel spider though I'd push you to the floor so you squashed it :p

clw
28-08-08, 19:27
it is harming me its harming my emotions and sanity

violentblossom
Good lord it ate straight through its head!

Clw- If it wasnt harming you, you can patiently wait for me to go get a stick and let the spider climb on it to it. If it was a camel spider though I'd push you to the floor so you squashed it :p

lmfao.

and then sit on her to be assured?

Tombcool
here's my inner monologue from while i was watching this:

"is it eating bread or something? what the heck is that? i.... OH, oh, that's sick!"

I thought it was eating bread at first too. :vlol:

Samsdad
I know... it's a really horrible thought, isn't it? My father in law has lots of camel spider and scorpion related stories... all told to thoroughly creep me out (or so I believe, anyway!).

My run in with a big old field spider earlier this year was enough, and that was half the size of the camel spider (to cut a long story short, I got up at 3am to go to the loo - half asleep, I felt something touch my toe, so I looked down and the biggest, hairiest black field spider you can imagine had decided to cuddle up against my foot. I screamed, kicked the thing away (and then felt bad because, despite being terrified, the way it huddled against the wall meant it was obvious it was a frightened as I was) and then proceeded to sit on the loo for another half an hour, too scared to get off! I then had to sit up for a further 3 hours, because I couldn't sleep - no matter what happened, all I could feel was the spider, sitting on my big toe... *shudders*

Funny thing is, it still lives in my utility room (the room next to the bathroom), behind the fridge. I know this, because when we bought a new fridge a couple of weeks ago, we had to dump the old one... when we moved it, there was my old pal, the big, black, hairy spider! Still, live and let live - it's not my fault it scares me, and it seems happy to live behind the fridge, so as long as it doesn't sit on my foot again, I'm happy to share my house with it :)

I recall reading somewhere that regardless of where you are in the world you are never more than eight feet from a spider. The little buggers are everywhere.

Dark Lugia 2
28-08-08, 19:30
I just searched for it on youtube :eek: URGHH

violentblossom
28-08-08, 19:30
I recall reading somewhere that regardless of where you are in the world you are never more than eight feet from a spider. The little buggers are everywhere.

:O

wow.

so long as the same is not true of centi/millipedes and waterbugs, i'm good.

remote91
28-08-08, 19:31
lmfao.

and then sit on her to be assured?
Lmao no, I would beat her with the stick so her thrashing around killed it for sure.

IceColdLaraCroft
28-08-08, 19:31
I first became freaked out by spiders when I saw this episode of Buffy the Vampire slayer when I was a kid. I can't remember the name of it (would help if someone shed some light on what it was called). There was this box and every time someone opened it a giant spider-like thing would jump out and stick to your face and eat it or something. Scared the crap out of me.:hea:

Gravlocks or something? the ones the mayor ate? There was an episode about fear or dreams and one guy in class was afraid of spiders or it was his nightmare and it came true (i think that was season 1) the mayor was season 3.

The GIANT heart eating spider was selfless (one of my fav. episodes)

Tombcool
28-08-08, 19:32

That's gonna make me paranoid. :o:p

clw
28-08-08, 19:33
remote91 thanks for the helping me with the stick but id be running around in circles so that wouldnt work and i dont think we would get along well if you pushed me and if you take violentblossoms advice sit on me lol:vlol:sorry i couldnt do the same for you though.

violentblossom
28-08-08, 19:34
Lmao no, I would beat her with the stick so her thrashing around killed it for sure.

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

surely you're going to hell for that. :p

Nannonxyay
28-08-08, 19:35
Why am I not freaked out by all of this? :confused: I find Spiders to be amazing creatures. :D

Angelx14
28-08-08, 19:36
Why am I not freaked out by all of this? :confused: I find Spiders to be amazing creatures. :D

Until they bite off your head :rolleyes:

Tombcool
28-08-08, 19:37
Gravlocks or something? the ones the mayor ate? There was an episode about fear or dreams and one guy in class was afraid of spiders or it was his nightmare and it came true (i think that was season 1) the mayor was season 3.

The GIANT heart eating spider was selfless (one of my fav. episodes)

Gravlocks! That's it, the ones that mayor ate, exactly. I haven't seen the other episodes though, what is the name of the heart eating ones? :D

remote91
28-08-08, 19:37
You can't say I didn't try with some effective methods! :D

Drone
28-08-08, 19:40
wow what a fluffy. how about shaving?

Christi
28-08-08, 19:43
OMFG...****!! Those things are massive!! *curls up and hugs tail* what if it crosses the Atlantic and comes to my den!??!!:yik:

violentblossom
28-08-08, 19:45
OMFG...****!! Those things are massive!! *curls up and hugs tail* what if it crosses the Atlantic and comes to my den!??!!:yik:

youre a wolf, just eat it!

Christi
28-08-08, 19:46
eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!!! We don't eat spiders! ARE YOU INSANE!!??O.rofl..

Elysia
28-08-08, 19:47
Yep - same with rats. Although they (spiders) freak me out (no psychologist needed - I know *exactly* why I am scared of them - my Dad used to chase us with them / dingle them in front of our noses when we were watching TV / generally be evil with them when we were kids (he's a fireman, and so we had to put up with some very silly, juvenile behaviour from my Dad when we were younger!) - to this day, when Dad helps me do DIY and we come across spiders, I run from him as much as the arachnid!), I refuse to kill them - they have as much right to be there as I do, and it's not their fault they scare me :)

clw
28-08-08, 19:48
its scary because this is the time of the year when daddylonglegs come out and flying spiders are the worst spiders, some people say their not spiders but they are to me. once a wasp flew up my trouser leg i didnt notice until i heard buzzing when i sat down and my leg started stinging i looked down my trousers and there was a wasp on the top of my knickers i ran so fast but i dont know why because it was already on me and i had already been stung but it disappeared.remote91 i think jumping on the spider and wrestling it like a crocodile would of been the best answer you dont live in wandsworth do you because im kind of scared of your violent ways lol.

Tombcool
28-08-08, 19:50
Aren't black and brown widows the worst spiders? Apparently they can instantly kill or something?

IceColdLaraCroft
28-08-08, 19:51
Gravlocks! That's it, the ones that mayor ate, exactly. I haven't seen the other episodes though, what is the name of the heart eating ones? :D

Grimslaw deamon....and if they nest....forget about a clean house

violentblossom
28-08-08, 20:05
Aren't black and brown widows the worst spiders? Apparently they can instantly kill or something?

brown recluses are HORRID.. their venom with eat away your flesh for weeks. O.O

jagged halo
28-08-08, 21:14
I live in the UK but I don't even know where Colchester is, so I think I'm all right, lol. I didn't even click on the links because I'm too scared :p

Tombcool
28-08-08, 22:04
brown recluses are HORRID.. their venom with eat away your flesh for weeks. O.O

That's terrifying, have you seen one before? :eek:

Telling from your post, i'm guessing you've had a bad encounter with one.:p

lita212
29-08-08, 06:48
that spider is so awful and its massive it showed its actual size in the papers after the familys dog was bitten to death.
i hope they catch it

tomb raider 22
29-08-08, 10:30
im glad i dont live near there :o
that thing is SCARY :yik:
I really hate spiders :(

Domino
29-08-08, 10:34
I live in the UK but I don't even know where Colchester is, so I think I'm all right, lol. I didn't even click on the links because I'm too scared :p

Ditto!

Naomichi
29-08-08, 10:41
It's only actually about six inches in diameter.

Has a bite that isn't fatal.

So what's all the fuss?

This kind of thing is why we have such terrible reputations with Australians, because they handle this type of thing on a virtually daily basis. :p

Bumio
29-08-08, 11:09
this thread gave the goosebumps, im sure i would faint if i would see one of those things in my house :eek:

Christi
29-08-08, 13:45
that spider is so awful and its massive it showed its actual size in the papers after the familys dog was bitten to death.
i hope they catch it

OMG! that poor dog...that spider needs to be killed, now.

lararoxs
29-08-08, 13:47
I heard about this on the radio, yesterday.

violentblossom
29-08-08, 13:56
That's terrifying, have you seen one before? :eek:

Telling from your post, i'm guessing you've had a bad encounter with one.:p

lol, if i'd ever met a brown recluse and didn't get it treated in time, its very safe to say i'd be disfigured. brown recluses have a very nasty bite, as you saw in that pic i sent you. O.O

the trouble with those is they start of looking like a completely normal spider bite.. it takes about 4 days to realize that your skin is starting to fester and rot.

Texas sadly, is infested with the things. >.< i saw some at the zoo, and the zoo people have to keep them in very tiny, clear plastic cups with lids on them.

here's a picture of the spider in question:

http://i36.************/r0wk0j.jpg

theyre pretty tiny, though you can't see that in this pic.

Christi
29-08-08, 13:59
mmmm....EEWW!!!*cringes* omg I don't even know what I would do if a Camel Spider was in my den...YIPP!!:(

Naomichi
29-08-08, 14:17
Right...

I did some looking around and this is what I've found out.

1. Camel spiders can move at speeds over 30 MPH, screaming while they run.
2. Camel spiders can be as large as a frisbee.
3. Camel spiders venom is an anesthetic that numbs their prey.
4. Camel spiders can jump three feet high.
5. Camel spiders get their name because they eat the stomachs of camels.
6. They eat or gnaw on people while they sleep. Due to the numbing effect of their venom, the victim is unaware until they awake.

Scary huh?...

Well yes of course, in the same way that vampires, werewolves and witches are scary.

BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL MYTHS.

Now, right here is pretty much the truth.

1. Camel spiders top speed - approx. 10 mph.
2. Size: Up to 6 inches.
3. They have no venom.
4. They don't jump.
5. Called camel spiders because they live in the desert.

violentblossom
29-08-08, 14:19
Right...

I did some looking around and this is what I've found out.

1. Camel spiders can move at speeds over 30 MPH, screaming while they run.

Awww.. they don't scream?

Christi
29-08-08, 14:49
OMG **** it's still fricken scary!! Anything that has big teeth, is 6 inches long, is yellow/brown/tan/black, has 8 legs, has about 20 hairs on its body that are thick and greasy, and fricken bit a poor dog to death IS DAMN SCARY!!:( *curls up*

Smog
29-08-08, 14:50
Still, live and let live - it's not my fault it scares me, and it seems happy to live behind the fridge, so as long as it doesn't sit on my foot again, I'm happy to share my house with it :)

You're far too soft Elysia. It's only a matter of time before your utility room becomes its own private nest, with thousands of mini-spiders scuttling all over the walls and freaking you out no end. And none of that put-it-in-a-glass-throw-it-out-the-window nonsense. It'll just crawl back in again. If I were you, I'd find the heaviest, bluntest object I could and crush it until it's nothing more than a brown smear on the wall. That's how you deal with a spider problem. That or a vacuum cleaner. Or ... you don't happen to have a shotgun, do you? ;)

violentblossom
29-08-08, 14:52
You're far too soft Elysia. It's only a matter of time before your utility room becomes its own private nest, with thousands of mini-spiders scuttling all over the walls and freaking you out no end. And none of that put-it-in-a-glass-throw-it-out-the-window nonsense. It'll just crawl back in again. If I were you, I'd find the heaviest, bluntest object I could and crush it until it's nothing more than a brown smear on the wall. That's how you deal with a spider problem. That or a vacuum cleaner. Or ... you don't happen to have a shotgun, do you? ;)

awww.

but it eats bad bugs!

Smog
29-08-08, 14:55

awww.

but it eats bad bugs!

It is a bad bug! What could possibly be worse than an enormous field spider?

Naomichi
29-08-08, 14:57
It is a bad bug! What could possibly be worse than an enormous field spider?

I'll tell you what could be worse...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0152053948.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Whales on stilts would be way worse.

Christi
29-08-08, 14:58
:vlol:!!

Smog
29-08-08, 14:59
Wouldn't want to find one of them under my fridge-freezer.

violentblossom
29-08-08, 15:00
^
^
lmao!

clw
29-08-08, 15:00
snakes on planes i heard arent that great

corey01
29-08-08, 15:04
Holy ****! that thing is massive:eek:

clw
29-08-08, 15:13
have you ever heard of the spagetti monster
http://i36.************/2iubwww.jpg

violentblossom
29-08-08, 15:19

Storm999
29-08-08, 15:20

:vlol: Awesome!The spagetti monster! :D

Naomichi
29-08-08, 15:21
That guy must be cold.

Very cold.

Earthcane
29-08-08, 15:30
Ick. :p

Nice article, though :p

Lara.
29-08-08, 16:14
lol nice find.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-08-08, 16:47
that is the scariest thing i've ever seen and im not too scared of spiders :O
*hopes it doesnt come to the north east*

toxicraider
29-08-08, 16:52

:vlol: ok

i don't find it scary myself, it's not even a furry spider (http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/image/s_spider.jpg) it's orange and it looks cool to me :) but i can see why others might not like it.

now snakes, are horrid.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-08-08, 16:55
:vlol: ok

i don't find it scary myself, it's not even a furry spider (http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/image/s_spider.jpg) it's orange and it looks cool to me :) but i can see why others might not like it.

now snakes, are horrid.

hehe well at least someone likes it, im sure it loves you for it;)
and i likes snakes XD

igonge
31-08-08, 10:15
:yik: OMG! It looks like a crab!

nickless
31-08-08, 10:18
ya know one of the few reasons that i'm happy to live in Bulgaria is the lack of bugs like that one.and tornados.and sharks.and snakes.well there are but very few.

Tthe Spirit
31-08-08, 10:54
And i thought scorpions were the most dangerous acarides arounds... :yik:

Bustus
31-08-08, 23:37
F61N5HtDejM

Aww... When I watch that video, I really can't help but feel happy for it because it seems like it's enjoying itself. :p

I'm arachnophobic, but I really don't mind spiders too much unless they're actually on me, or could easily get there. I have spiders in my windows. I call them "window spiders". Window spiders are alright, because they stay in the windows.

Then there was the one in the shower. Needless to say, I didn't feel like sharing the shower with it. Didn't like the one that fell from the ceiling and into my bed very much either.

Immortalis08
01-09-08, 00:04
*shudder*

Great read, and i am assuming that whole "half the size of man" is also a part of the rumors right?

Good to see that scorpions are finally getting what they deserve! :tmb:

silver_wolf
01-09-08, 01:10
why would anyone bring one of those things home??!!:yik: *shudders*