PDA

View Full Version : places your afraid of

clw
28-08-08, 20:09
im from wandsworth london england and people outside of wandsworth seem afraid of my area are there any areas you wouldnt dare step foot in.

MrBear
28-08-08, 20:12
are there any areas you wouldnt dare step foot in.

Teletubbie land! :yik:

Lew
28-08-08, 20:13
Bradford! haha well I wouldnt go shopping on my own there.

TombRaiderCool
28-08-08, 20:14
The school I used to go to. ;):D

clw
28-08-08, 20:15
mrbear i dont think anyone wants to step foot into teletubbie land just thinking about it makes me weep never heard of bradford wheres that

Cochrane
28-08-08, 20:16
I couldn't think of any, but that's mainly because the places I'd probably be afraid of are the ones that I wouldn't be interested in to begin with.

violentblossom
28-08-08, 20:16
i'd very wary of morgues and abandoned mental institutions if i had access to them.

TRhalloween
28-08-08, 20:17
the school I STILL go to

Lew
28-08-08, 20:17
mrbear i dont think anyone wants to step foot into teletubbie land just thinking about it makes me weep never heard of bradford wheres that

A city in your/my country... :whi:

Endow
28-08-08, 20:18
I'm afraid of Austria.

Hmmm better edit this so people don't get the wrong idea. I went there once and people were colder and more distant than anyone I had ever met until that point. So that's why. :p

digitizedboy
28-08-08, 20:18
rofl @ mr bear :D

yeah, some places in Birmingham such as Aston or Castle Bromwich. But then again thinking about that movie "City of God" which I saw the other night, I feel kinda thankful that I live where I am...

clw
28-08-08, 20:19
i know its in england because you are, i just need to know where abouts south, west near what town you know

Lemmie
28-08-08, 20:20

Yorkshire.

I don't like caves or mines. Other than that I'm not particularly bothered about places. I wouldn't go by myself to the east end of Glasgow though.

Lew
28-08-08, 20:21
i know its in england because you are, i just need to know where abouts south, west near what town you know

Its not far from Leeds or Manchester.

clw
28-08-08, 20:21
yorkshire cmon its not scary down there alot of people are afraid of brixton
edit what leeds im not very good at geography but i didnt think yorkshire and leeds were close

Evelyn.
28-08-08, 20:23
Anywhere cold, dark and claustrophobic. Think Aldwych- the abandoned tube station in London. Rather just stay at home and leave all that to the Most Haunted crew :)

digitizedboy
28-08-08, 20:25
yorkshire cmon its not scary down there alot of people are afraid of brixton
edit what leeds im not very good at geography but i didnt think yorkshire and leeds were close

Leeds is in yorkshire. :)

Elysia
28-08-08, 20:25
I couldn't think of any, but that's mainly because the places I'd probably be afraid of are the ones that I wouldn't be interested in to begin with.
:tmb: I'm with this sentiment.

There are quite a few places in my city that people are 'afraid' to visit, but they don't bother me... nine times out of ten, you leave the locals alone and they leave you alone. That and I teach quite a few of them (well, the girls anyway), so word gets around... ('Nah! Dun't 'ave a go at 'er - that's Miss! She's awright, she is!').

i'd very wary of morgues and abandoned mental institutions if i had access to them.
One of the universities I went to (transferred away after a while because I didn't like the course) had a halls of residence that was actually an old metal institution - it still had bars on the windows, and the parts that hadn't been 'renovated' (I use the term loosely!) looked like something from Silent Hill... staying over there with my friend who lived there was definitely a creepy experience!

clw
28-08-08, 20:26
what really i need to look at a map i thought yorkshire was like farm land you know like devon

Elysia
28-08-08, 20:30
what really i need to look at a map i thought yorkshire was like farm land you know like devon
Bless you - nope, Yorkshire has some huge industrialised cities! And Devon isn't all farm land - my mother in law lives in North Devon, and although it looks nice, the locals ain't that friendly... (Barnstaple is a surprisingly violent place!)

Lemmie
28-08-08, 20:34

Not every county outside London is farmland. :)

Yorkshire used to be an industrial powerhouse - Bradford, Leeds and Sheffield produced loads of manufactured goods.

Maps are very interesting things, you should try them! :D

Kerrigan
28-08-08, 20:37
Dark alleys/streets and streets packed with dogs without owners.Dogs scare me to death, I can't think clearly if one chases me or barks at me.

coolezpunk
28-08-08, 20:38
Those outdoor public restrooms. And hospitals, just because of the thought of people sick and dying.

clw
28-08-08, 20:38
its farmland compared to roehampton. im only judgeing by the places i ve been like new forest surrounded by horses my idea of farmland. manchesters out of london i dont think thats farmland but i admit i dont know much about other places in england and i am slighty ignorant lol

Mad Tony
28-08-08, 20:39
Bless you - nope, Yorkshire has some huge industrialised cities! And Devon isn't all farm land - my mother in law lives in North Devon, and although it looks nice, the locals ain't that friendly... (Barnstaple is a surprisingly violent place!)Hey! Barnstaple! I have loads of relatives who live down that way! :D My grandmother lives in Braunton, which is only a few miles down the road. I've always thought of Barnstaple as a nice place. I've been down there loads of times and never noticed anything violent about it.

As for me I'd say I wouldn't want to go into any northern city alone. I'm talking about the center of the cities, not the suburbs. I heard a lot of northern cities were quite bad for crime though, that's all. Some parts of London are also very bad, so I wouldn't exactly want to go to those areas either (e.g. certain parts of North and East London). However, inner London has some really nice areas too like Greenwich.

Lew
28-08-08, 20:40
Yeah Yorkshire is great but I much prefer city life. Leeds tends to often have lots of raves for some reason :D Althought I'm so glad I live in the suburbs its nice and quiet while stumbling home :D

TRhalloween
28-08-08, 20:41
chernobyl

Lemmie
28-08-08, 20:43
As for me I'd say I wouldn't want to go into any northern city alone. I'm talking about the center of the cities, not the suburbs. I heard a lot of northern cities were quite bad for crime though, that's all. Some parts of London are also very bad, so I wouldn't exactly want to go to those areas either (e.g. certain parts of North and East London). However, inner London has some really nice areas too like Greenwich.

Just like a Londoner! :p

Nottingham's quite bad I've heard - drive by shootings and so forth, but it's not very north. But the north of England doesn't deserve such a horrible reputation. Although I hate the way they speak (apart from Geordies :D) they're very friendly and welcoming.

Scotland's even better of course.

Mad Tony
28-08-08, 20:45
Look, I'll be honest. I've only ever been as far up as Birmingham (Aston, to be precise) but that wasn't pretty at all.

Oh, and another place I wouldn't want to visit: Harlem in NYC. I heard that in the central part of it people get killed just because they're white.

Lew
28-08-08, 20:46

I don't think there that bad, not even at night. The dodgy areas of London and Birmingham would make me think twice about walking down there on my own. It's weird because I live in a town surrounded by farms and I know of at least one place I rarely ever go down. I think i'd rather be at some underage illegal nightclub than Birmingham tbh but I suppose im more into it.

digitizedboy
28-08-08, 20:46
its farmland compared to roehampton. im only judgeing by the places i ve been like new forest surrounded by horses my idea of farmland. manchesters out of london i dont think thats farmland but i admit i dont know much about other places in england and i am slighty ignorant lol

lol. That reminds me of what someone said to me once, something like, "Everything north of Watford doesn't count."

Elysia
28-08-08, 20:50
Hey! Barnstaple! I have loads of relatives who live down that way! :D My grandmother lives in Braunton, which is only a few miles down the road. I've always thought of Barnstaple as a nice place. I've been down there loads of times and never noticed anything violent about it.

I know Braunton well - my mother in law lives in Yelland, which is just down the road :).

Believe me, I thought the same - until I spent my first New Year's Eve there back in about 1996 and witnessed the biggest fight I think I've ever seen! During the day, it's a nice, quiet, quaint place, but at night, it's full of junkies - you know all those little lanes that lead off from Barnstaple high street? If you do down them early enough in the morning, they're full of bent spoons and needles and other hard drug paraphernalia, and hubby's one word of advice has always been 'don't annoy the locals' - whilst in Portsmouth you'll get the snot kicked out of you, in Barnstaple, they'll just follow you out of the pub quietly and knife you. Hubby also told me that Ilfracombe - that lovely little holiday destination - was the heroin capital of the South West for quite a while (he's not so sure now since he doesn't live in the area any more (obviously, since he lives in Pompey with me!), and most of the little villages are drug havens because there is absolutely no police presence there at all.

IceColdLaraCroft
28-08-08, 20:50
That place with the penguin monster in TRII...that thing freaks-me-out

Elysia
28-08-08, 20:51
lol. That reminds me of what someone said to me once, something like, "Everything north of Watford doesn't count."

Pah! Watford? Bloody Northerners... anything north of Portsdown Hill is hicksville according to my city! :p :ton:

clw
28-08-08, 20:53
i just wonderd if roehampton brixton and sutton had a bad name round other areas or has noone heard of them.

Mad Tony
28-08-08, 20:56
I know Braunton well - my mother in law lives in Yelland, which is just down the road :).

Believe me, I thought the same - until I spent my first New Year's Eve there back in about 1996 and witnessed the biggest fight I think I've ever seen! During the day, it's a nice, quiet, quaint place, but at night, it's full of junkies - you know all those little lanes that lead off from Barnstaple high street? If you do down them early enough in the morning, they're full of bent spoons and needles and other hard drug paraphernalia, and hubby's one word of advice has always been 'don't annoy the locals' - whilst in Portsmouth you'll get the snot kicked out of you, in Barnstaple, they'll just follow you out of the pub quietly and knife you. Hubby also told me that Ilfracombe - that lovely little holiday destination - was the heroin capital of the South West for quite a while (he's not so sure now since he doesn't live in the area any more (obviously, since he lives in Pompey with me!), and most of the little villages are drug havens because there is absolutely no police presence there at all.Wow, I never knew that. That reminds me, a few weeks ago when I went down there for the weekend for my grandmother's party, we were gonna walk back to the hotel afterwards. Instead we just took the car back because it was easier and my step dad had only had one drink. Good job we didn't considering what you just said. :p

Lemmie
28-08-08, 20:56
Look, I'll be honest. I've only ever been as far up as Birmingham (Aston, to be precise) but that wasn't pretty at all.

Oh, and another place I wouldn't want to visit: Harlem in NYC. I heard that in the central part of it people get killed just because they're white.

That's fair enough. I guess you're only telling us from your own experiences after all. But this whole thing about the antipathy between South and the North - no wonder there are secessionists.

Harlem I can understand I think. And away from the tourist areas of LA as well.

i just wonderd if roehampton brixton and sutton had a bad name round other areas or has noone heard of them.

I've heard of Brixton, as in the Brixton Riots. The other two aren't familiar.

dcw123
28-08-08, 20:58
Anywhere alone in the dark...well I do live in England:D
Says it all really...
Guess I should give up on all the horror films too i guess:p

Evelyn.
28-08-08, 20:58

I went to New York back in March and on the uptown (?) Sightseeing bus we went through Harlem, it actually seemed like a really nice place; schools, yellow buses, coloured houses and parks. Only weird thing is was absolutly no one was around not one person, no garbage clearing machine people, no children or gangs...Guess now i know why :D

Lew
28-08-08, 21:01
lmao most of this thread has become a chat of England, surprise surprise :P

Mad Tony
28-08-08, 21:06
I went to New York back in March and on the uptown (?) Sightseeing bus we went through Harlem, it actually seemed like a really nice place; schools, yellow buses, coloured houses and parks. Only weird thing is was absolutly no one was around not one person, no garbage clearing machine people, no children or gangs...Guess now i know why :DWell, why was that then? Because I don't know. :p

Cochrane
28-08-08, 21:26
To be honest, there is one exception to my earlier statement. My hometown is usually nice though boring, ancient history and most tourists being pensioned people. At night though, I mean really at night (3 AM), it's the drug capital of the area, and hearing people shout at each other and seeing police cars driving by slowly, eyeing you with suspicion, that's rather freaky. Although I don't normally tend to be there in the middle of the night, so again, my point holds: I don't really care about places I'd be scared of.

Evelyn.
28-08-08, 21:29
Well, why was that then? Because I don't know. :p

lol because like you said all the people get shot :p

Cobby
28-08-08, 21:29
In a paranormal sense, our graveyard at night, I would never go into.
But I venture away from our town centre at night.

Mad Tony
28-08-08, 21:46
lol because like you said all the people get shot :pYeah but I only said white people. And as far as I know Harlem is a predominantly black area. :p

toxicraider
28-08-08, 21:54
lmao most of this thread has become a chat of England, surprise surprise :P

That's because we rule :)
actually it's not good, our worst places are in england :o

Stratford is a big nono to me,

caves i would hate, don't mind graveyards much, except sometimes drunks sleep in them at might

Lemmie
28-08-08, 21:55
That's because we rule :)
actually it's not good, our worst places are in england :o

Stratford is a big nono to me,

Upon-Avon? Shakespeare country?

Who'da guessed.

toxicraider
28-08-08, 21:57
Upon-Avon? Shakespeare country?

Who'da guessed.

nah stratford is also a place in east london :)
i never been to s upon avon but i heard it was nice there.

Lemmie
28-08-08, 21:59
nah stratford in east london :)
i never been to s upon avon but i heard it was nice there.

Oh right. :o

I guess 'Stratford' could be quite a common name then, given it's meaning.

Nemo_91
28-08-08, 22:00
Avalon :mis: :p

I'm pretty claustrophobic so i'm afraid of small places..

toxicraider
28-08-08, 22:03
Oh right. :o

I guess 'Stratford' could be quite a common name then, given it's meaning.

As in being on a river?
Apparently a sat nav took a coach of children on a 5 hour drive to the wrong place :vlol:
i'm sure it's fine, the station is nice but it seems very sinister and has a bad reputation for knife crime :(

Edit;
ah i looked on wiki, there are loads of places called stratford, i'll change my answer to most of my side of london :(

Lew
28-08-08, 22:09
I thought stratford was in Manchester :S that is also rough

Tombreaper
28-08-08, 22:23
I'm afraid of places where they don't like videogames.

maximum_123
28-08-08, 22:32
Bournemouth is not a place to venture on your own looking down that alleyway for the nightclub your friend is at on your own on a friday. I went to New York City and I was told to stay away from The Bronx. After playing GTA 4 I did. XD

toxicraider
28-08-08, 22:34
I thought stratford was in Manchester :S that is also rough

Maybe, but there is one in east london where the olympics will be, but they're making it nicer, i don't like ilford much but that's actually not that bad. Also basildon near me is not as nice in some places :D

Edit;
i can't forget i went to Canvey island a while back, with wet weather it is the most depressing place on earth, with the fake vegas amusements and irony that is fun land. Seriously there must be more people from essex/east london to help me with all these places!

I went to bournemouth and it seemed fine to me, surely it can't be much worse than Brighton, there are lots of gardens aren't there? I found it nice.

Lew
28-08-08, 22:51
I hate blackpool.

Encore
28-08-08, 22:54
Huh.. I can't say, really. O_o

OK I'm afraid of going to my team's stadium when big rivals are playing there. :o

toxicraider
28-08-08, 22:55
I hate blackpool.

Never been :)

come to mention it, lots of our old seaside resorts are rather horrid, especially Southend-on-sea :yik: that's not even the sea, it's the thames estuary and beaches are made of mud not sand :)

tranniversary119
28-08-08, 22:55
School simply because with the amount of shootings I'm so terrified of somebody coming to school and shooting everybody :(

toxicraider
28-08-08, 22:57
School simply because with the amount of shootings I'm so terrified of somebody coming to school and shooting everybody :(

Do you live in america?

Mad Tony
28-08-08, 22:58
School simply because with the amount of shootings I'm so terrified of somebody coming to school and shooting everybody :(Come on, considering how many schools there are in the US and how infrequent school shootings the odds of it being your school are very, very low.

jarhead
28-08-08, 22:59
Not particularly scared off, but try and avoid at night is Craylands!!

Rather large 1960's estate which is generally portrayed in the media as some drug den, and does have quite a high crime rate. Most poeple arent involved but theres some seriously dodgy doings

Lew
28-08-08, 23:00
Never been :)

come to mention it, lots of our old seaside resorts are rather horrid, especially Southend-on-sea :yik: that's not even the sea, it's the thames estuary and beaches are made of mud not sand :)

The only seaside place in england worth going is Sandbanks or Poole, unfortunately its the most expensive place in europe to live there but i love it :)

toxicraider
28-08-08, 23:04
The only seaside place in england worth going is Sandbanks or Poole, unfortunately its the most expensive place in europe to live there but i love it :)

I went to poole and it wasn't so interesting :) but it was quite nice, no cornwall and devon can be very nice, but Newquay is not :)
why are most places in britain horrid?

i reckon your more likely to be stabbed at school in the uk than shot in the us but yeah it rarely happens.

Larapink
28-08-08, 23:05
im from wandsworth london england and people outside of wandsworth seem afraid of my area are there any areas you wouldnt dare step foot in.
I used to travel to Wandsworth sometimes, to be honest it doesn't look like such a scary area. :)

Now Brixton - Cental London thats a different story right there, that place is dangerous.

rowanlim
28-08-08, 23:07
Graveyard
Places where poverty is rampant: ie Bangladesh, my friends went there & it was a harrowing experience.
A dark loo.

toxicraider
28-08-08, 23:13
Graveyard
Places where poverty is rampant: ie Bangladesh, my friends went there & it was a harrowing experience.
A dark loo.

Yeurch public loos, bogs quite literally, but i used the ladies the other day to get some soap, my mum made me :o, and it was nicer :)

Not As We
28-08-08, 23:23
It's quite strange how America has a rep for guns,
whilst here in the Uk it's knifes and yobs =/

But yeah, I live in the North East of England, not the nicest place to live,
but there are some areas I wouldn't go to, not even with friends,

I tend to stick to within about 30 minutes from my house,
tbh, the only time I leave my town, is to go to college, or go our drinking,
other than that I stay put

:D

toxicraider
28-08-08, 23:28
It's quite strange how America has a rep for guns,
whilst here in the Uk it's knifes and yobs =/

But yeah, I live in the North East of England, not the nicest place to live,
but there are some areas I wouldn't go to, not even with friends,

I tend to stick to within about 30 minutes from my house,
tbh, the only time I leave my town, is to go to college, or go our drinking,
other than that I stay put

:D

I know, funny that, but i think if laws on guns were stricter in america then there would be more knife crimes,

strange basically the east side of england is bad, same, my town isn't that bad so i stay around it not go anywhere else.

Lew
28-08-08, 23:42
Strangely enough I feel more safe on the high street at night with drunken people coming out of nightclubs/pubs than i do in daylight in bradford.

marla_singer
28-08-08, 23:44
There's certainly a few places in Thailand I wouldn't like to venture...

Mad Tony
28-08-08, 23:46
strange basically the east side of england is bad, same, my town isn't that bad so i stay around it not go anywhere else.No it's not. :confused: Some parts of it are but not all of it. Actually, I don't know what the north east is like as I've never been there but the South East is fine and East Anglia seems ok too.

Actually, I live in Kent and I think it's nice down here. (I was born in and lived the first few years of my life in Hampshire though). Yeah, I know my location says London and not Kent. I put my location as London because it's by far the closest city to me and people from outside England probably wouldn't know where Kent is.

For one thing, people are easier to understand down here because we don't have strong accents like people do up north. Then again, I bet you northers think we're hard to understand. :p

Strangely enough I feel more safe on the high street at night with drunken people coming out of nightclubs/pubs than i do in daylight in bradford.I'm not surprised. My cousin went to university in Bradford (even though she lives in Hampshire) and she said it was really bad up there.

xXhayleyroxXx
28-08-08, 23:47
swimming pools, toilets ummm outdoors at night :ton:

toxicraider
28-08-08, 23:52
No it's not. :confused: Some parts of it are but not all of it. Actually, I don't know what the north east is like as I've never been there but the South East is fine and East Anglia seems ok too.

Actually, I live in Kent and I think it's nice down here. (I was born in and lived the first few years of my life in Hampshire though). Yeah, I know my location says London and not Kent. I put my location as London because it's by far the closest city to me and people from outside England probably wouldn't know where Kent is.

For one thing, people are easier to understand down here because we don't have strong accents like people do up north. Then again, I bet you northers think we're hard to understand. :p

I'm not surprised. My cousin went to university in Bradford (even though she lives in Hampshire) and she said it was really bad up there.

Actually I live in essex but my parents are from kent and surrey :wve:
it's not nice here but yes kent is good, and i think norfolk and suffolk are both very beautiful places but everywhere has it's good and bad.

peeves
29-08-08, 00:12
Well I'm afraid of The Middle East countries and India because Hindi and Arabic languages are creepy to listen to. :eek:

TRfan23
29-08-08, 00:17
Literally places too far from home ;)

Too many to list!

Hairhelmet12
29-08-08, 01:48
every where and any where that is dark and im alone :o

thecentaur
29-08-08, 01:59
there are some people from trf i wouldn't want to meet down a dark alley
uhm let's see.
-dark movie theaters (coz if its horror i'd freak out unless i'm on a date)
-oddly enough my neighborhood on a rainy day seems creepsy
-abandoned old dilapidated places, especially factories or buildings
-toolsheds that have been untouched for years
-oceanic abyss because i had this nightmare once where i drowned from a sinking submarine. up to this day, looking at underwater places (eg, showing squid or exotic fish) makes me feel severely uncomfortable or panicky
-anything outside of the gravity of earth
-jail

tranniversary119
29-08-08, 02:05
Come on, considering how many schools there are in the US and how infrequent school shootings the odds of it being your school are very, very low.

And I realize that but these people in the shootings go to school like any other day expecting it to be a normal day then a shooting happens. I know the chances are low but I still get that normal fear any person should get who wouldn't be afraid with the amount of shootings we've had?

Voni
29-08-08, 06:56
Celebration, Florida.

http://mechanicrobotic.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/celebration-florida.jpg

I've been there before, Disney were involved in having it built and it shows. To me, it looks like the neighbourhood before the axe murder moves in. *Shudder*.

hera7days
29-08-08, 07:32
-oceanic abyss because i had this nightmare once where i drowned from a sinking submarine. up to this day, looking at underwater places (eg, showing squid or exotic fish) makes me feel severely uncomfortable or panicky
That sounds way freaky. :eek:

1. Tiny little spaces where you can't move or get out.
2. There's this one old factory in my city, and ever since I was little all of its many windows have been dark green and crappy looking, and the whole place basically looks run down. I think it's abandoned now, but it's always looked that way. Gives me the creeps.
3. Old Croft manor. Winston following me around would give me the heebie-jeebies. :ton:
4. Portable toilets. Okay, they're not really scary, but I avoid them at all costs.

Elysia
29-08-08, 07:41

I must admit, I would give my right arm to explore the oceanic abysses and the abyssal plain in general - the deep ocean absolutely *fascinates* me. My sister in law works on deep oceanic coral and has been involved in the Alvin project (she's a marine biologist)- I love taking to her about the things she's seen and studied :D

MiCkiZ88
29-08-08, 07:49
Not really afraid of any places like cities and such. Yes I try to avoid dark alleys in the bigger cities (though I did blindlesly walk around London the whole night and saw a few suspicious looking guys, but it wasn't scary. :p) and I'm slightly afraid of them, but not really scared.

I avoid the streets I know some ****ty ex friends live in though.

KurtisLonely
29-08-08, 07:54
I'm not afraid of these, but I do avoid them;

- really dark alleys
- industrial place near me
- streets where bullies live
- the station.. drugsdealers and stuff everywhere
- garages at night

Naomichi
29-08-08, 09:01
Festival toilets.
Walkabout bars.
Places where public nudity and old people are common.

Ikas90
29-08-08, 09:40
Chechnya. ;)

toxicraider
29-08-08, 09:46
I went into a neighbours abandoned garden the other day, they don't live there and it's all derelict and overgrown, and i walked into it, and heard a massive bang as this huge ginger cat jumped out at me, i don't like old empty buildings much :o

maximum_123
29-08-08, 09:48
That reminds me about some places of Miami. Ocean Drive is quite rowdy at night. But then I don't blame it to be...

Nausinous
29-08-08, 09:49
I'm afraid of everywhere but my flat. It's my fortress.

Orionvalentine
29-08-08, 10:02
Festival toilets.

Seconded. That's just nasty.

toxicraider
29-08-08, 10:16
Underground toilets are the worst :(

KC Mraz
29-08-08, 10:19
Places where public nudity and old people are common.

Thanks for the mental image. Naked old people ewww....

Naomichi
29-08-08, 10:42
Underground toilets are the worst :(

Have you ever been to a music festival? They're unspeakable.

toxicraider
29-08-08, 10:49
Have you ever been to a music festival? They're unspeakable.

Yeah i try to avoid them :o

Mad Tony
29-08-08, 11:24
And I realize that but these people in the shootings go to school like any other day expecting it to be a normal day then a shooting happens. I know the chances are low but I still get that normal fear any person should get who wouldn't be afraid with the amount of shootings we've had?Personally I don't think there's any reason to be afraid considering how rare school shootings are. Yeah, you should be cautious but not scared.

Andariel
29-08-08, 12:15
Abandoned buildings late at night. Also a subway late at night when few or no people are around.

tomb raider 22
29-08-08, 12:31
Im Scared of wherever that spider is in the other thread :p

toxicraider
29-08-08, 12:36
Im Scared of wherever that spider is in the other thread :p

Colchester? I live not far from there, and my sister goes there to college, it's a very nice place :) if i see the spider i'll post it to you :D.

thanatos
29-08-08, 12:40
Gary Glitter's welcome home party

Angelus
29-08-08, 12:51

:vlol:

Naomichi
29-08-08, 12:54

Given your age I doubt you're his type.;)

ThatNorskChick
29-08-08, 13:22
I don't want to be anywhere near a doctors office....or a dentists office for that matter.

Christi
29-08-08, 13:54
Teletubbie land! :yik:

OMFG **** I wouldn't go there...*hugs the bear*

thanatos
29-08-08, 13:57
Given your age I doubt you're his type.;)

Huh, you think i'm not good enough for him eh?! Let me grab my old school uniform and I'll show you no one turns me down!

toxicraider
29-08-08, 13:58
Huh, you think i'm not good enough for him eh?! Let me grab my old school uniform and I'll show you no one turns me down!

:eek:
such a strange conversation

Nannonxyay
29-08-08, 14:06
A Hannah Montana concert. :yik:

Naomichi
29-08-08, 14:20

Well... I guess it depends which uniform. :p

I mean if you can still get into your primary school one then you might have a shot, but secondary? Nahh, no chance. ;)

toxicraider
29-08-08, 14:21
The set of high school musical :eek:

clw
29-08-08, 14:42
larapink brixton is near wandsworth where abouts in wandsworth have you been

Christi
29-08-08, 15:01
The set of high school musical :eek:

**** there is noway I would lay paw in there

Sedge
29-08-08, 15:01
I can't really think of any I'm actually afraid of..

But I'd say school does make me feel kinda uncomfortable. Not the building in itself, but how it's always full of people.. I don't know. I strongly dislike crowded places in general to be honest. :p

petujaymz
29-08-08, 16:12
Newport in South Wales.

I've only ever been through Newport. It looks boggin' from the train.

Southampton's a bit of a dive too. Don't think I'll ever go there again.

EDIT - Forgot to mention Birmingham. 'orrible place.

:wve:

Nannonxyay
29-08-08, 16:16
But I'd say school does make me feel kinda uncomfortable. Not the building in itself, but how it's always full of people.. I don't know. I strongly dislike crowded places in general to be honest. :p

Ditto. I hate it with all the people. :(

toxicraider
29-08-08, 16:17
omg same, i hate really busy supermarkets.

petujaymz
29-08-08, 16:23
All CEX (www.cex.co.uk) outlets. XD

If you've ever been in one you'll understand why.

jackles
29-08-08, 16:33
Scared of....well work obviously...

Fear is all relative though isn't it? We feel scared of anywhere we think we are going to get knived/mugged/shot (delete accordingly) but this fear depends on our situation. If we live in a war zone our fears would be different and worrying about going down a dark alley would seem trite.

:)

The area I live in is percieved as rough and they even had a jolly article in the paper about how awful it is blah blah blah but I felt safer when I stepped into my road when walking home than I did on the main road.

and I was born in Bournemouth...it used to be lovely but my Dad tells me it is now a no go area at night!

maximum_123
29-08-08, 16:42
and I was born in Bournemouth...it used to be lovely but my Dad tells me it is now a no go area at night!

He is telling the truth!

L.C
29-08-08, 17:30
And away from the tourist areas of LA as well.
Now Brixton - Cental London thats a different story right there, that place is dangerous.
Brixton's a piece of cake.

I've taken the midnight bus from Skid Row through to South Central in LA many times in the quest for concert tickets when I was a teenager.

And to be truthful, everybody I ever saw and met were always cool and I never felt frightened.

Maybe I just have a very high tolerance for 'bad' neighbourhoods :p

Actually, I don't know what the north east is like as I've never been there but the South East is fine...Actually, I live in Kent and I think it's nice down here.
Indeed it is :D

What's more we have lovely sandy beaches. None of that horrible Estuary Sludge or painful shingles for us down here.

croft6455
29-08-08, 17:47
I can't really think of any I'm actually afraid of..

Same here I don't like being in crowds there, and I'm always worried that when there's a presentation thingy @ skool or sumthing that I might have to go up in front of the crowd. :eek: I hate that. I probably wouldn't but u never know ... I hate it also when someone stares at me for any reason - :( Except if it's a positive reason, like your boyfriend smiling @ you :) =p

Angelus
29-08-08, 17:54
All CEX (www.cex.co.uk) outlets. XD

If you've ever been in one you'll understand why.

Totally agree with you. :D

toxicraider
29-08-08, 17:58
Same here I don't like being in crowds there, and I'm always worried that when there's a presentation thingy @ skool or sumthing that I might have to go up in front of the crowd. :eek: I hate that. I probably wouldn't but u never know ... I hate it also when someone stares at me for any reason - :( Except if it's a positive reason, like your boyfriend smiling @ you :) =p

omg i thought i was the only person lol, i hate being looked at, it makes me really uncomfortable, unless it's a nice reason, and i hate busy places too.

Maybe i went to the wrong place in Bournemouth, i thought it was quite nice, tacky like all our seaside towns however.

nickless
30-08-08, 12:26
well just standing to this huuuuuuuuuuuuge truck thinking it's gonna fall and crush me!!!!!!!!or standing to huge ballons on the ground with no air in them

Nannonxyay
30-08-08, 12:29
omg i thought i was the only person lol, i hate being looked at, it makes me really uncomfortable, unless it's a nice reason, and i hate busy places too.

I get like this as well. I feel like people are staring at me when I go out, when really I'm probably staring at them. I get very paranoid. :o

rickybazire
30-08-08, 15:36
I'm afraid of the dark alleyways at night times...I'm sure most of you are.

Other places, walking through town, (but not that scared), because everyone seems to look at me because of my height and hair...:confused:

remote91
30-08-08, 15:41
I'm afraid of being in big crowds of people. I don't like the lack of space.

nickless
30-08-08, 15:46

Maybe i went to the wrong place in Bournemouth, i thought it was quite nice, tacky like all our seaside towns however.

yeah i hate when people stare too.but it really depends who stares :D if it's some sexy dude staring and smiling at you i gues it's kinda good.well if he stares for like hours that's annoying

Hairhelmet12
30-08-08, 15:50
I'm afraid of the dark alleyways at night times...I'm sure most of you are.

*Rase's hand*

God i hate the dark so much im terrifyed of it, its not like i cant sleep if im in the dakr its just weird but right when the lights go off im scared even if someones right beside me! :(

I'm afraid of being in big crowds of people. I don't like the lack of space.

Ugg me too its like one time me and my parents went to a concert and i stood sitting like scrunched up but still on my feet buse there was WAY to many people there :(