PDA

View Full Version : What was your favourite puzzle from the TR series?

Quasimodo
29-08-08, 03:16
The title says it all. Which puzzle(s) did you like best and why?

tranniversary119
29-08-08, 03:55
Hmm, I'm going to have to go with the cog puzzle in the lost valley. Of course I pick the most original one you say? Nah I think I've done that puzzle so many times it's simple yet you have to go through a T-rex to get one of the cogs which I find pretty fun. :D I honestly don't even remember most of the puzzles in TR games it's been a while since I've played TR3-6

violentblossom
29-08-08, 03:57
that catapult one in Legend.. it was unlike any Tomb Raider puzzle before it.. i thought that kind of use of physics was really cool. :D

Feather Duster
29-08-08, 04:44
My favorite was getting the three keys in the Bio Dome in AoD

Always loved climbing high things in Tomb Raider....:D

tranniversary119
29-08-08, 04:58
that catapult one in Legend.. it was unlike any Tomb Raider puzzle before it.. i thought that kind of use of physics was really cool. :D

Actually I might just change mine to that. That was so fun!

Kamrusepas
29-08-08, 05:03
I liked the Senet board game in TLR (hope I got that name right, it's been ages since I played it :p)

Tombcool
29-08-08, 05:39
I liked the Senet board game in TLR (hope I got that name right, it's been ages since I played it :p)

My favorite too! :D

I may as well say may least favorite too: the solar system puzzle in the Lost Library. Oh dear god, it wasn't that it was hard, Lara just took FOREVER to push those stupid planets. :hea:

Voni
29-08-08, 06:54

That was pretty awesome.

I also liked all the 'God' rooms in St. Francis Folly in the original and the remake.

hera7days
29-08-08, 07:16
I liked that one in TRLR where there were a whole bunch of flaming things with levers on the backs on them, and if you pulled one, it would affect a couple others, and you had to get them all turned on. Or off. Whatever it was.

Elysia
29-08-08, 07:36
I liked that one in TRLR where there were a whole bunch of flaming things with levers on the backs on them, and if you pulled one, it would affect a couple others, and you had to get them all turned on. Or off. Whatever it was.
I liked this one, too :)

I also liked the 'water scales' puzzles in TRLR - anything that actually means you have to think for a moment rather than just throw a couple of levers until something happens ;).

I suppose my favourite puzzles will always be the levels themselves, though: Palace Midas, Barkang Monastery, Aldwych (surely the greatest 'entire level is a puzzle' level ever?), The Lost Library, Sleeping with the Fishes plus plenty more... nothing better than having an entire level that is one great big puzzle in itself and makes you think from the beginning! :D

touchthesky
29-08-08, 08:29
The oh so famous Lever (have I spelt that right?) puzzle in Greece (kick me but I don't remember the exact level) in the original and remake.

dexter void
29-08-08, 11:46
I always loved the piston puzzle from "wreck of the maria doria" or was it "living quarters" (?) I remember getting so confused 10 years ago, but now it seems a bit of a doddle to complete. I still think its a brilliant puzzle!

Mad Tony
29-08-08, 11:51
My favorite is the invisible pillar puzzle from Temple Ruins in TR III :)

violentblossom
29-08-08, 12:54

oh good choice!

i used to reload over and over to replay, lol.

TombRaiderCool
29-08-08, 16:00

I have to sy that is my favourite, it was very unique to all the other puzzles from all the other Tomb Raider games. It also had replay value IMO. :)

Smog
29-08-08, 16:05
Palace Midas in general. The lever-coded doors, the earthquake room, turning the lead bars to gold; brilliant. Pity the Anniversary version was so boring.

Earthcane
29-08-08, 16:07
Anything from TR 4.

Especially all the Lost Library and Tomb of Semerket puzzles-

The planatarium was out of this world :p

Drone
29-08-08, 20:59
underwater puzzle in AOD (with moving statues)

Dakaruch
29-08-08, 21:11
Pretty much any puzzle from TR4. Especially the snake puzzle on The Lost Library, and the planetarium one also on The Lost Library.
The scales puzzle on Temple of Horus is also amazing, as that is one of the moments as Elysia already mentioned, that you need to think about it, instead of doing thing randomly.
To me there is no other TR that has comparable puzzles in terms of difficulty as TR4 has. That game was a true wonder to the puzzle lover. :D

coolezpunk
29-08-08, 21:54
I really liked the Vault of Trophies statue puzzle from AoD. And the Archaeological Dig puzzle, AND the Sewer puzzle. Hell, I loved all of them! :tmb:

Seb_01225
29-08-08, 22:14
the puzzle to get you to the top of the hall of seasons in AOD.
i love all the different rooms and then once you do that you gotta get out by climbing to the roof.
i love it!

Rivendell
29-08-08, 22:17
Lost Valley cogs in TR1, Palace Midas's gold bars in TR1, Temple of Horus Water balancing - TR4, and the Hall of Seasons/adjoining rooms in TR6.

:tmb:

Anajrob
29-08-08, 22:19

Ditto :)

CroftScionGuard
30-08-08, 00:59
Anything from TR 4.

Especially all the Lost Library and Tomb of Semerket puzzles-
Same here :tmb:

peeves
30-08-08, 01:05
Mine was the puzzle where you had to climb the bio dome to get the 3 cards :cln::jmp:

Quasimodo
30-08-08, 01:07
I liked two puzzles in particular from TRLR - the planetarium puzzle and all the puzzles one had to solve to get the sun goddess statue from that electric thingymabob.

CroftScionGuard
30-08-08, 01:10
I liked two puzzles in particular from TRLR - the planetarium puzzle and all the puzzles one had to solve to get the sun goddess statue from that electric thingymabob.
Those are great, but the one with seven serpent statues in the Lost Library lvl is even better imo. It required maths, now it's a matter of remembering how to do it.

The planetarium one wasn't difficult, because I studied it in shool

Quasimodo
30-08-08, 01:19
Those are great, but the one with seven serpent statues in the Lost Library lvl is even better imo. It required maths, now it's a matter of remembering how to do it.

The planetarium one wasn't difficult, because I studied it in shool

I just felt so clever for remembering people used to think the earth was the center of the solar system :p

IceColdLaraCroft
30-08-08, 01:21
Senet. Because it was never the same game twice and how often do you get to play a 2000 yr old egyptian game?

There's one in TRLR where you have to fill a very old wine flask with water but the puzzle is something like one full and one half full leather flask.

The prayer wheels in TRII

there was a music one wasn't there?

CroftScionGuard
30-08-08, 01:21
I just felt so clever for remembering people used to think the earth was the center of the solar system :p
:vlol:
Yet, I enjoyed when I placed it like how I was taught in school and solving it... It was a great moment:p

pizzabob18
30-08-08, 02:24
hmm...I'll pick one of my favoites (as there's a lot!) -

Going through all 4 element rooms in TR3's level "the lost city of tinnos", experiencing traps related to that element, and getting the masks to place in the center area