PDA

View Full Version : Happy ramadan to all members of trf

Tthe Spirit
30-08-08, 16:52
Happy Ramadan to all Muslim members of TRF, and also all the other members around here :jmp::jmp::jmp:

It is not officially confirmed when yet, but it might be either sunday, or monday...

well this year will be the begining of tough fasting periods, (depending on country location i guess) as Ramdan is starting in the summer period where days are very long before sunset.
For example, here in Lebanon we have to fast from about 4:30 am up till about 7:40 pm... :yik:

Yeah, it is a big pressure and a test i am ready to take :o :)

Cheers

remote91
30-08-08, 16:55
The word 'ramadan' always make me hungry, which is quite ironic.

Catapharact
30-08-08, 16:57
And a happy Ramadan to all my fellow brothers and sisters out there as well.

Man, can you believe it? It came in so fast without notice! My how time passes... Anyway, time to get myself ready for extended hours of food, water, and noogie depreviation :(... Must... have...focus!

peffect
30-08-08, 17:03
Happy Ramadhan to all of you, Muslim fellas out there! :wve:

It hasn't been confirmed yet, though.

@ Cat: Don't remind me, here it's hot as hell!
And who said that next year's Ramadhan will be in August! :yik:
*goes to check his weight*
I think I have to say bye to some kilos... :(

Tombcool
30-08-08, 19:40
Happy Ramadan! :jmp:

I am actually glad it is happening during the first month of school, so then I can be done with it.:D

rowanlim
01-09-08, 12:53
Happy Ramadhan! It's begun...classes will begin later & end earlier :whi:

I will get into the fasting mode too (meaning eating less than usual :o)

xMyrax
01-09-08, 12:57
Ramadan Kareem :) I'm not Muslim but I'm going to start seeing the suffering all around in school now, especially in this really hot weather o_o

Alex Fly
01-09-08, 12:58
Happy Ramadan to you guys ! :)

Drone
01-09-08, 13:01
Happy Ramadan :) :wve:

Andariel
01-09-08, 13:04
Even though I'm not Muslim the fasting sounds like a good humbling experience for the soul. Happy Ramadan! :)

Elysia
01-09-08, 13:06
Happy Ramadan! :D

Goose
01-09-08, 13:10
Happy Ramadan.

Dont over do it with the physical stuff, not when its hot.

peffect
01-09-08, 13:23
I'm starving right now and it's hot outside - but it ain't as impossible as it sounded when I thought of it yesterday, especially when I'm staying at home, ass-stuck on the chair next to my PC! :D

raiderfun
01-09-08, 13:27
I was creating my very long thread, but you went first :o:(.

Anyway here are the main clues I wanted to mention :

Ramadan is a period of 30 days in which muslims should not eat or drink from the twilight until the sunset, and should not do several other things as well.

-Ramadan started yesterday in some countries (such as Libya)

-Today in most countries (Europe, USA, Middle East, some countries in North Africa)

-Tomorrow for Morocco

In Ramadan, we have from one to three meals per day. Most of people have all of them, some have have two (like me) and a part settle for one meal only (especially very poor people or very busy people) , however they can get something quickly like dates or drink something.

The three meals are :

-Ftour (means breakfast) : which we have right after the Al-Maghrib Adane (sunset)

-Al-Ichaa (means dinner) : a common meal we have before going to sleep.

-Al Ss-hour : in this one, you have to wake up just before the sunup in order to eat something and get ready for the new day.

Personally, I only have the ftour and Ichaa, because It's too hard to wake up at night and eat :o

How about muslims in here ? Can you tell us about your experience ? How it goes like in your country ? :)

but before anyone starts ....

HAPPY RAMADAN !

Shrantellatessa
01-09-08, 13:59
http://i33.************/70kojb.jpg

:) رمضان مبارك سعيد :)

Ramadan Kareem, Ramadan Mubarak Said and 3washer Mebrouka to all Muslims in TRF and all over the world

Paul H
01-09-08, 14:24
It is not officially confirmed when yet, but it might be either sunday, or monday...

I never knew that. I thought it was at the same time every year. So who decides when it will be?

Tombcool
01-09-08, 15:21
I'm starving right now and it's hot outside - but it ain't as impossible as it sounded when I thought of it yesterday, especially when I'm staying at home, ass-stuck on the chair next to my PC! :D

Me, and you both. :p

I actually really love Ramadan because of how much weight I lose during the month. Last year, I lost 10 pounds just from fasting that month. :jmp:

TombRaiderCool
01-09-08, 15:49
Happy Ramadan everyone! :wve:

Night Crawler
01-09-08, 15:56
Keep up the good work guys. ;)

http://musingsofamuslimah.files.wordpress.com/2006/03/Pepperoni%20Pizza.jpg

http://www.hot-screensaver.com/wp-myimages/klg-fried-chicken.jpg

http://img.timeinc.net/recipes/i/recipes/ck/07/09/cheese-burgers-ck-1654674-x.jpg

http://www.thenibble.com/zine/archives/images/spaghetti-bolognese-280.jpg

http://ar030.k12.sd.us/Chocolate.png

:whi:

peffect
01-09-08, 16:02
^ lmao!
I hate you, man, I HATE YOU! :(

two more hours and a half to stand...

Me, and you both. :p

I actually really love Ramadan because of how much weight I lose during the month. Last year, I lost 10 pounds just from fasting that month. :jmp:

I'm not really that hasty about losing waight (1.85m/70 kg) :p
So, I happen to undergo damages every Ramadan.
I don't gain that much weigh easily but I grow skinny right after a little change in my nutrition regime.

Tombcool
01-09-08, 16:03
Sorry Night Crawler, I only feel weak and hungry if I am surrounded by Indian food - butter chicken, chicken biryani, chicken tikka, oh god, its all chicken and its all amazing!

Damn it. :ton:

lararoxs
01-09-08, 17:48
Happy Ramadan Everyone!:wve: And Good Luck!:tmb:

violentblossom
01-09-08, 18:02
Sorry Night Crawler, I only feel weak and hungry if I am surrounded by Indian food - butter chicken, chicken biryani, chicken tikka, oh god, its all chicken and its all amazing!

Damn it. :ton:

chicken vindalooooooooooo!

it's yummy and fun to say. :p

http://i38.************/jru0qe.jpg

amiro1989
01-09-08, 18:21
I'm dying over here... I'm so hungry... :vlol:

takamotosan
01-09-08, 18:23
i think i may convert to islam just to have an excuse to starve myself...

(not meaning to offend anyone)

happy ramadan (sp?) to all yall muslim trf members :wve:

Little-Lara
01-09-08, 18:42
Happy Ramadan to everyone in the fantastic TRF. :wve:

raiderfun
01-09-08, 23:47
Gonna start fasting tomorrow, I hope it was fine for fellow muslims who fasted today :wve: :)

Tombcool
01-09-08, 23:56
chicken vindalooooooooooo!

it's yummy and fun to say. :p

*stomach growls*

I LOVE Chicken Vindaloo...oooooooooooo! :p

Just survived my first day of fasting! It wasn't bad at all.

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 00:05
Gonna start fasting tomorrow, I hope it was fine for fellow muslims who fasted today :wve: :)

Same here fellow Moroccan ;) First S7our tonight :p Don't forget to "Nwi" fasting :D

peffect
02-09-08, 00:30
^lol thanks for the recall. Although I don't belong to those who s7our; too lazy to wake up in the middle of the night. :D

violentblossom
02-09-08, 00:32
*stomach growls*

I LOVE Chicken Vindaloo...oooooooooooo! :p

Just survived my first day of fasting! It wasn't bad at all.

LOL, yes, that many o's is essential.

yay for surviving! whatdja eat??

raiderfun
02-09-08, 00:32
Same here fellow Moroccan ;) First S7our tonight :p Don't forget to "Nwi" fasting :D

Ohhhhh you reminded me ! :eek: Of course, we all intended to fast but not "officially" :D

No S7our for me, it is too difficult to wake up at night :o

Have a nice day and nice fasting :D

Lahouma nawayna siam chahra ramdane :)

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 00:41
^lol thanks for the recall. Although I don't belong to those who fast; too lazy to wake up in the middle of the night. :D

Most welcome :D I sleep late, so no prob here :p

Ohhhhh you reminded me ! :eek: Of course, we all intended to fast but not "officially" :D

No S7our for me, it is too difficult to wake up at night :o

Have a nice day and nice fasting :D

Lahouma nawayna siam chahra ramdane :)

I usually sleep by the S7our time, so I eat something quick then sleep :ton:

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen ya rab al 3aaalameeeen :) Allah ye9bel :)

PS. I'll send you a lil'report about my trip in the next two days inchallah :)

raiderfun
02-09-08, 00:46
Most welcome :D I sleep late, so no prob here :p

I usually sleep by the S7our time, so I eat something quick then sleep :ton:

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen ya rab al 3aaalameeeen :) Allah ye9bel :)

PS. I'll send you a lil'report about my trip in the next two days inchallah :)

What a great thing to stay late awaken at night ! :D

Allah ye9bel indeed :hug:

Okay thanks for the report in advance ;)

I'm going to post my pictures in Marina Smir now :D

peffect
02-09-08, 00:46
Alert Alert!
I meant, those who 'S7or' :o

And Badr, *cough t'es dans la merde mon pote cough*
Ramadan + school = a pretty bad combination.

raiderfun
02-09-08, 00:49
^ Shhhh, it is even worse :pi:

Don't feel ready at all for school, I still need some rest :o

Feather Duster
02-09-08, 01:06
What happens if you eat during the day?

Happy Ramadan!

Weird, I'm muslim, but we have never done ramadan, i would have tried myself, but i already had breakfast :(

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 01:08
Alert Alert!
I meant, those who 'S7or' :o

And Badr, *cough t'es dans la merde mon pote cough*
Ramadan + school = a pretty bad combination.

Does this mean you are Moroccan too? Coz you seem to understand some slang too :p

On topic: I think schol with fasting is better than sitting at home and fasting coz school keeps you occupied till like one hour before Ftour :p

tlr online
02-09-08, 01:09
Happy Ramadan :wve:

raiderfun
02-09-08, 01:09
^ Thanks lord Penguin :D

Happy Ramadan!

Weird, I'm muslim, but we have never done ramadan, i would have tried myself, but i already had breakfast :(

If you break willfully , therefore you'll choose either between giving Sadaka to 60 poor people or fast 3 followed months .

Does this mean you are Moroccan too? Coz you seem to understand some slang too :p

He's Algerian Salwa :)

peffect
02-09-08, 01:10
No, I'm right aside - Algeria! :D

@ Feather Duster:
Ramadan is one of the five pillars that make Islam; It's really surprising you don't know about it. :confused:

Feather Duster
02-09-08, 01:12
Our family of three doesn't really go deep into tradition :o

I was born in Bosnia

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 01:24

Happy Ramadan!

I could never guess you were Muslim! Glad to know it now :) You can still fast for the rest of the month and fast one more day 2 days after the end of Ramadan to compensate for the missed day :hug:

Happy Ramadan :wve:

Thank you, Justin :)

He's Algerian Salwa :)

You knew it before me :p

No, I'm right aside - Algeria! :D

So nice to meet you, dear neighbour :p

Dark Lugia 2
02-09-08, 01:28
woot, happy ramadan everyone! :D 2nd day today, stomach is waiting :p lol!
i only really get hungry about an hour before the fast opens, so its all good :D
i hope i dont lose much weight :p

peffect
02-09-08, 01:29
Yeah, nice to meet you too, Salwa! :D
In case you wondered, my name's Mohamed.
I'd go with 'le monde est trop petit' but it's sort-of, dusty! :p

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 01:34
woot, happy ramadan everyone! :D 2nd day today, stomach is waiting :p lol!
i only really get hungry about an hour before the fast opens, so its all good :D
i hope i dont lose much weight :p

I'll start fasting for the first time this year in 2 hours max and I kinda feel happy about it since it's the first Ramadan since 6 years that I can spend (at least the first week) with my family, coz since I went to University I've living on campus far from my family :)

Yeah, nice to meet you too, Salwa! :D
In case you wondered, my name's Mohamed.
I'd go with 'le monde est trop petit' but it's sort-of, dusty! :p

Enchantée Mohamed :) I've never thought that the Arab and Muslim community in TRF could be this big ;)

Dark Lugia 2
02-09-08, 01:40
I'll start fasting for the first time this year in 2 hours max and I kinda feel happy about it since it's the first Ramadan since 6 years that I can spend (at least the first week) with my family, coz since I went to University I've living on campus far from my family

Thats great! :D enjoy your time with your family ^_^
i'll be doing it in 2 hours too, cant wait to munch :cln: lol! I love the meals, pokoras, smosas and dates *drool*
might throw in some eggs and soldiers too, lol! *goes downstairs for a snack* :8}

peffect
02-09-08, 01:49
Dark Lugia, don't stuff yourself too much - don't you know that glutton lads are the ones that suffer the most in Ramadan? ;)

Well, my pillow's calling, it's time for me to daze off the PC.

Nice was chatting with y'all. 'Nighty 'night, Salwa, DL. :wve:

ivannnnn
02-09-08, 02:42
Happy Ramadan for Muslims all over the world. :)

I'm not hungry. It's good for my body, a detox!! :jmp:

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 02:49
^ People usually lose weight during Ramadan, but I gain weight sometimes, let's home I'll lose some this year :p (BTW, I'm not fat :D).

ivannnnn
02-09-08, 02:50
I'm not fat exactly. But my face people said is a bit chubby. I don't like it! :(

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 03:00
I'm not fat exactly. But my face people said is a bit chubby. I don't like it! :(

Don't care about what people say and don't control your appetite just to please them :hug: Ramadan is a way to worship, not to lose weight (although it can be used it for both actually :p).

PS. A good way to lose weight in the face is to chew gums, coz it makes the facial muscles work and not look chubby anymore, try it.

raiderfun
02-09-08, 12:17
I'll start fasting for the first time this year in 2 hours max and I kinda feel happy about it since it's the first Ramadan since 6 years that I can spend (at least the first week) with my family, coz since I went to University I've living on campus far from my family :)

Ah good thing for you, so, good luck for Ramadan, the first day has just started for us ! :p

Thats great! :D enjoy your time with your family ^_^
i'll be doing it in 2 hours too, cant wait to munch :cln: lol! I love the meals, pokoras, smosas and dates *drool*
might throw in some eggs and soldiers too, lol! *goes downstairs for a snack* :8}

LOL, enjoy because you won't access anything during the day :ton:

Dark Lugia, don't stuff yourself too much - don't you know that glutton lads are the ones that suffer the most in Ramadan? ;)

Happy Ramadan for Muslims all over the world. :)

I'm not hungry. It's good for my body, a detox!! :jmp:

Thanks sweetie, and good luck with Ramdane :hug:

^ People usually lose weight during Ramadan, but I gain weight sometimes, let's home I'll lose some this year :p (BTW, I'm not fat :D).

Right

And I just don't know why people have this idea in their mind, common, people might also gain weight while the month, don't you realise that we eat almost (if it is not more) all what we eat during a normal day ?

Lol, it is fine as long as you're thin :D

Don't care about what people say and don't control your appetite just to please them :hug: Ramadan is a way to worship, not to lose weight (although it can be used it for both actually :p).

PS. A good way to lose weight in the face is to chew gums, coz it makes the facial muscles work and not look chubby anymore, try it.

:vlol:

Personally, I plan to go out biking everytime before the Ftour, and also do some physical excercices :jmp:

peffect
02-09-08, 12:24
No, you don't plan to, you have to! ;)

Christi
02-09-08, 12:31
OMG I have a bunch of people who celebrate this! :D Happy Ramadan!

raiderfun
02-09-08, 13:04
No, you don't plan to, you have to! ;)

Okay, so prepare to see some stunning abdominos at the end of the month ! :D :cln:

Good thing, happy Ramadan to you too ! :)

xMyrax
02-09-08, 13:48
The only thing I hate about Ramadan would be...The soap operas. I dont know if you guys have that stuff or the MBC channels, but now that the Noor show is over, they stuff it even more with shows like Baab il 7ara xD Torture! Now my mom will be camping at the sofa in front of the television, which means no TV for me for a month!

OH AND I LOVE ATAYEF!! <3

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 14:56

Thank you :hug:

The only thing I hate about Ramadan would be...The soap operas. I dont know if you guys have that stuff or the MBC channels, but now that the Noor show is over, they stuff it even more with shows like Baab il 7ara xD Torture! Now my mom will be camping at the sofa in front of the television, which means no TV for me for a month!

That was a hilarious expression :vlol:

Yes, I completely understand you since our national TV channels suck when it comes to Ramadan soap operas and programs. I think I'll stick to watching my dear Simpsons while having Ftour :p

Oh! And Ramadan Mubarak :)

rowanlim
02-09-08, 15:47
So it had started, classes begin late & ends early :tmb: :D

I'm not Muslim but my friends are coaxing me to join the spirit, I may just ;)

I love the food that comes after the solat (can't recall which one :o), extra delicious :tmb: :p

peffect
02-09-08, 15:49

I never had the courage to watch one of these shows! I just can't stand them. They have as much horror value as the Saw movies, if you ask me. xD
Fortunately, and thank God, mother isn't a fan of 'em - she seldom sit there and take a watch over their acting, which I find fraudulently hoity-toity; the only thing we might yap about is her Chmicha show; Way more info laid out than those pesky shows. :D

My mother's just gready to reap recipes from every gastronomy show she comes accross! :cln:

EDIT:

Almaghrib, Jo! :)
The meals are super succulents! Especially after a whole day of starvation!
I just love dangling between the various plates! :cln:
*strange 'zzz' sounds coming outta stomach* :o

rowanlim
02-09-08, 16:06
Almaghrib, Jo! :)
The meals are super succulents! Especially after a whole day of starvation!
I just love dangling between the various plates! :cln:
*strange 'zzz' sounds coming outta stomach* :o

Oh yeah...the Maghrib... :D

I still ate during the day today...Haven't gotten into the mode yet :o

All the meals are extra delicious. That's the best part for me :mis:

peffect
02-09-08, 16:11
Not too sure about that, since girls are who make the meals and do the dishes! :p

Much challenge, eh? :mis:

rowanlim
02-09-08, 16:22
Not too sure about that, since girls are who make the meals and do the dishes! :p

Much challenge, eh? :mis:

Hahahah well I just drive out to buy the kuih I want :D

peffect
02-09-08, 16:28
lol
I'm one of those who foster home-made food! :D
Especially if there are assertive masterfull cookers in the house! ;)

I'm not talking about myself, BTW. xD

rowanlim
02-09-08, 16:32
Haha I guess Ramadhan is that time where you MAKE time to reflect on your life IMO :tmb: :)

peffect
02-09-08, 16:38
yeah; at least, I love it this way! :)

01:40 hours left! :tea:

rowanlim
02-09-08, 16:42
Hahaha here the Maghrib was about 5 hrs ago :D

Patience, my friend! :tmb: :)

raiderfun
02-09-08, 20:12
My first day was fine, I did some sport, wasn't very hungry nor thirsty, and I slept a little, now I am getting ready for the tarawih salat :)

EmeraldFields
02-09-08, 20:38
Happy Ramadan! :wve:

ivannnnn
02-09-08, 22:12
I drink and eat so much in order to not be hungry . My stomach is fat!! :D

peffect
02-09-08, 22:14
Let some space for the S7our! :)

ivannnnn
02-09-08, 22:19
It's Imsak right now! What are you up to?

peffect
02-09-08, 22:29
Imsak = S7our

But for me, waking up before dawn to take S7our is an unwinnable game. :p
I just settle for eating a little something before crashing out.