RAID
31-08-08, 19:39
Intro
gw2-KMAGCq0

T-Rex
rwNt_9GvpFI

Manta
XEhHjEiwwTE

Can you actually believe that those are PS1 tech demos. If I didn't know it for fact, I wouldn't believe it. Such good memories tied to that console.

PSX forever :tmb:

Lenochka
31-08-08, 19:45
Wow, PSX always gets overshadowed by the success of PS2 which is rather sad. The first playstation was simply amazing at the time. (and still is great to this day :))

Tombcool
31-08-08, 19:47
I still play my Playstation 1, just yesterday I booted up the first Dino Crisis to play through again. :hug:

TombRaiderLover
31-08-08, 19:49
I can still remember those videos (and that T-Rex video is impressive even today.) Great memories on that console. I feel quite sad watching the startup menu, to be honest.

:tmb:

Rivendell
31-08-08, 19:49
That first one gave me chills. I'll always associate that noise with the first time I ever saw a playstation, and the moments before seeing Tomb Raider 1.

But - wow - Demo1! I found my Demo1 disk recently, it's 12 years old and scratched to hell, but it worked on my PS3! With the Rex and the Manta, I was catapulted back a decade to being totally amazed by that T-rex. I love the Manta music.

:D

RAID
31-08-08, 19:57
Out of the 3 Playstations, the PSX Intro is the best for me. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's the powerful sound, dunno why. I just LOVE it.

Sadly, I lost my demo 1 disk. Mine had these on it:

Abe's Oddysee, Hercules, Lifeforce Tenka, Porsche Challenge, Rage Racer, Rapid Racer, Kurushi, Overboard

I loved that demo. I used to have a better time playing it than a full game. Damn, I hate myself for losing it.

Abe's Oddysee and Overboard were my favourite on it :D

*laralover*
31-08-08, 20:04
A those videos bring back memories :D I think the PS1 intro is my favourite when the logo appears and the noise theres somthing about it. I still play my whole pile of PS1 and PS2 games to this day. I hardly touch the PS3 theres somthing about the old games that is so addicting and more fun.

Death Mask
31-08-08, 20:15
The PS1 intro is my favorite one, very nostalgic too, I hope PlayStation continues to dominate the gaming world; it deserves to be at the top.

Voni
31-08-08, 20:24
I still have that disc!

Flame
31-08-08, 21:12
I always play the PS1 :)

Tombreaper
31-08-08, 21:22
Cool videos!

Awesome T-rex! Technically really impressive.
I still have my Demo disc 1, without scratches.

And 3 never used PSone consoles :cln:

PlayStation forever

Megalith
31-08-08, 21:24
Best console ever!:hug:
I still keep my Playstation even if its long dead...But i'm seriously considering buying another one and connect it permanently with my old 19" crt just for old times sake.
And i still have the demo that came with the console (and every other that came with PS magazine).
Good times!:)

Bustus
31-08-08, 21:29
Urge to play around with the t-rex... Rising... :o

The manta too... That music almost puts me in a trance.

Yuna´s Wish
31-08-08, 22:31
It´s unbelievable how some people just keep telling the others to bury such fond memories because the PS3 is out, isn´t it? :)

Anyway, best console ever :D

RockSteady101
31-08-08, 22:42
Oh...my...god!

I could honestly cry right now, I can't believe the memorys that just flooded back to me there. Seriously, my heart has been touched. :(:tmb:

I remember I was always fascinated by my lack of PS1 knowledge, always playing on my both my big cousins' until the arrival of my own in 1999, I was about 5 at the time, and I remember it as clear as day.

Those two orange diamond halfs locking together with the electro/synth metallic jingle...and ofcourse the classic sonic-echo from the PS1 logog of a game starting...I swear to god about 50 memorys of games just flooded back to me in the instant of those locking gems. :(

Shameful maybe, but a tear has just come to my eye, and I couldn't be happier. :):(

I swear, I just got so many flashbacks there. I saw Croc in his original adventure choosing an adventure on the level select screen, where you scrolled from island to island over the sea, I saw Rayman's intro with the magician'esque figure running over the story, and the level made entirely of flutes and the other of pencils...I even saw Croc again in his sexond adventure, rushing through a waterfall filled canyon collecting gems and the like, and rushinf with his lil' brown backpack through the Gobbo village. I saw Crash Bandicoot 2, I could actually see Crash on his Jet Board in Hang Eight, zooming amidst bombs and canibal-plants...OMG! I saw first memory of Tomb Raider I & II, the intro of sliding into Venice at the mesh fence slope and Lara padding along in the snow of The Caves, following the tracks of the wolves. I even saw Spyro, running through the peace-keepers land of his original adventure...and breaking opne the emerald form of the captured dragons.

I JUST REMEMBERED THE HUNDREDS OF DEMO DISKS I HAD!
I could seriously ball my eyes out right now...I am away onto eBay to track some of those demos down. I remember playing Tombi and the like...FROGGER!

OMG, this has to be one of the most scarily sad, happy and mixed emotional cocktails I have ever experienced!

:(

KIKO
31-08-08, 23:25
OMG the first video is truly nostalgic. I still play PSX nowadays, it has great franchises. Can we also share some nostalgic moments on PS1 video games ?

If so, here's one. The fuzzy little orange marsupial :jmp:
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=VgYqmtuIWXQ&feature=related :D
VgYqmtuIWXQ

Jin Uzuki
01-09-08, 05:30
It's always good to scout for anything that can make you feel nostalgic. A favorite pasttime of mine, that. Pity YouTube is blocked where I am, but among the videos I'd post would be Destrega, Einjander, and Legend of Legaia. Good times, good times. Oh, and there's also Parasite Eve. Brings back memories.

Bustus
01-09-08, 06:55
Good, old Crash... My favorite game for a while was the Jungle Rollers demo...

KC Mraz
01-09-08, 09:13
The first Playstation is still such an awesome console! :tmb:

I'd like to buy a new PSOne (you still can find it here in some little stores for less than 100 dollars, my PS is pretty much retired :() with some games like Crash Bandicoot (whoever compose the soundtrack of the first 3 games is my hero :D), PaRappa the Rapper or Gex from eBay for nostalgia's sake :hug:

I remember that colourful blue menu, with the orange arrow and the vanishing effects... awww :o.

Voni
01-09-08, 09:32
I did love my PSX, it was my first 'proper' console, given to me as a 11th birthday present. Aaaaah, memories. In fact, Tomb Raider was the first game I ever bought for the console (I was given Monopoly with the console on the birthday, but c'mon, that doesn't count).

chakotay1
01-09-08, 09:43
The PS was rubbish compared to the SEGA SATURN! The Saturn could do stacks more compared to the PS! I had numerous games for the Saturn that could not be done on the PS! Alright I do feel that they did improve the PS over time. I reckon that the Dual Shock PS I had was better than my brothers because I have never been sure but I reckon the the Dual Shock PS loaded faster and palyed smoother than the origional.

MiCkiZ88
01-09-08, 11:26
Aww man.. I love the PS1 logo and intro. I just love the sound effects! The T-Rex video always makes me think of Dino Crisis and FFVIII, and I feel the incredible urge to play them now. There's just something special about those games. They were artistic and they felt larger that most new games. MGS4's remade Shadow Moses island feels puny compared to the original in MGS1. Weird illusion? I also love mid - late 90's game tracks for some reason. Simple yet very effective and sometimes very emotional pieces.

Dia2blo
01-09-08, 12:04
The PS was rubbish compared to the SEGA SATURN! The Saturn could do stacks more compared to the PS! I had numerous games for the Saturn that could not be done on the PS! Alright I do feel that they did improve the PS over time. I reckon that the Dual Shock PS I had was better than my brothers because I have never been sure but I reckon the the Dual Shock PS loaded faster and palyed smoother than the origional.

As much as i love my saturn... The PS1 was far superior technically, and besides, this is a nostalgia inducing thread- we don't want to remember those console war related feelings too!

Lenochka
01-09-08, 14:31

SS was and always will be rather **** compared to PS1 though...

RAID
02-09-08, 09:26
While I encourage people to express their opinion freely, yours is a bit off topic

Orionvalentine
02-09-08, 09:34
Oh wow! I used to love playing around with that T-rex!

Also, RAID I had the exact same demo :)

maximum_123
02-09-08, 10:45
PaRappa the Rapper.

That game ruled! :D :D

I love the PS1, I've had 4 consoles before and only one still remains to work. Quite sad actually but know I just play all my PS1 games on my PS3 which doesn't have the same feeling =[ =[

Legend of Lara
02-09-08, 10:45
Oh, I remember these tech demos on my Demo1 disc. Ah, the memories. :)

Domino
02-09-08, 11:23
The Opening is still OMG. I remember when I was like four and I heard that every day when my Dad played Tomb Raider or Resident Evil...

tomblover
02-09-08, 11:29
Ah, Demo1 disk. Bad memories associated with it, sadly. T_T (Abe scares me. o_o)

Legend of Lara
02-09-08, 14:43
Ah, Demo1 disk. Bad memories associated with it, sadly. T_T (Abe scares me. o_o)

Quite the opposite here. I was addicted to the Outworld demo! XD

Is it wierd I still remember the Demo1 menu music and sound effects? :p

Assassino
02-09-08, 14:49
Damn mine for blowing up!
I love those vids, such memories and fantastic manta and T.rex graphics too!!!!
Hercules demo FTW!!!:D:D:D

Domino
02-09-08, 15:01
I had the Hercules game! Was the first game I ever owned/completed, although Tarzan wasn't long after! What? I was young!

Assassino
02-09-08, 15:03
Tarzan was ace...but I hated the damn monkey chase bit!

b0bb13
02-09-08, 15:59
I remember those tech demos.:D
They were on a demo disc with Tekken 2,Demolition Derby and another fighting game that had a lady named Sophia with a whip and she liked to laugh after she beat you.:p
The intro is definitely the best!So epic and loud!:jmp:

oocladableeblah
02-09-08, 15:59
PS1 intro is the best. They sort of got worse and worse I don't care that much for the ps3 one. Good ol' ps1 days how I miss them those were good time.

billbo
02-09-08, 16:04
The startup sound of the ps1 make hairs rise on the back of my neck.:)
IMO the PS1 is the best console around and allways will be. I love it :gki:

Naz2000
02-09-08, 16:15
Yeah the intro is quite nostalgic, but I've played my PS1 since I first got it so I kind of got used to it. I had demo disk one which was in a red case and demo disk 2 which was in a purple one (lol I still remember) and also Hercules was the first ever PS1 game I played. Sadly I lost it but I still have one of the demo disks with hercules on and ridge racer:) I did have some really great times with my Playstation when I was younger and also the PS2 which I loved the most. I still haven't fully got used to my PS3 yet because I got it in December whereas I had my PS1 n' 2 for over ten years.

da tomb raider!
02-09-08, 18:54
The PlayStation is the best console ever in my opinion. It had some incredible games available. Tomb Raider, Tekken, Soul Blade, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Driver, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo... ah, the memories...

Orionvalentine
02-09-08, 19:22
I remember those tech demos.:D
They were on a demo disc with Tekken 2,Demolition Derby and another fighting game that had a lady named Sophia with a whip and she liked to laugh after she beat you.:p
The intro is definitely the best!So epic and loud!:jmp:

I do believe that the game with Sophia was Toshinden 2. Those games were awesome, like Street Fighter meets Soul Blade.

b0bb13
02-09-08, 19:31
I do believe that the game with Sophia was Toshinden 2. Those games were awesome, like Street Fighter meets Soul Blade.

Thank you!That was it!That demo was so great!I need to get it someday.Soul Blade too!:D
EDIT:Lmao @ Dreamcast's intro:
KEiWXg_ezJM
The song is so awesome!:D
EDIT2:Awww...it's fanmade.:(

Tombreaper
02-09-08, 20:03
^What's that noise?

b0bb13
02-09-08, 20:10
What noise?I can only hear music.:confused:

Voni
02-09-08, 20:14
Does anyone remember the V-CD function on that demo disc? I've just booted it up and it works on the PS2 as well!

Agent 47
02-09-08, 20:42
PS1 intro is the best. They sort of got worse and worse I don't care that much for the ps3 one. Good ol' ps1 days how I miss them those were good time.

the PS1 boot up jingle is cool :jmp:

billbo
03-09-08, 08:05
Remember the first medal of honour. and colin macrae rally 1.

Kiss-Bite
03-09-08, 08:35
the PS1 boot up jingle is cool :jmp:

Agreed, it always puts a smile on my face!:tmb:

Thanks for the vids, so great to see again!:D I loved the first Playstation.:hug:

RAID
03-09-08, 08:44
^ No prob :tmb:

Even though I have a PS2 and a PS3, I'm this close (_) to ebay for a PSX console. Hopefully the oldest one, the grey big one, not the white small PSOne that followed.

RockSteady101
03-09-08, 19:19
...whats everybody's most nostalgic PS1 games? :D

Here be mah last o' gamez!

-Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
-Croc 2
-Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
-Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins
-The Muppets: Monster Adventure
-Tombi!
-Micro Machines
-Tekken
-Crash Bandicoot
-Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
-Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED!
-CTR (Crash Team Racing)
-Crash Bash
-Spyro The Dragon
-Spyro 2: Gateway To Glimmer
-Spyro: Year Of The Dragon
-Final Fantasy VII
-Harry Potter and the Philosephers Stone
-Gex: Deep Cover Gecko
-OBVIOUSLY TEH TOMB RAIDERZ GAME SERIESZ! =O

And MANY more! :D

Agent 47
03-09-08, 19:28
hmmm

Resident Evil 1
Syphon Filter
Tomb Raider
Silent Hill 1
:D

Assassino
03-09-08, 19:29

Here be mah last o' gamez!

-Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
-Croc 2
-Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
-Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins
-The Muppets: Monster Adventure
-Tombi!
-Micro Machines
-Tekken
-Crash Bandicoot
-Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
-Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED!
-CTR (Crash Team Racing)
-Crash Bash
-Spyro The Dragon
-Spyro 2: Gateway To Glimmer
-Spyro: Year Of The Dragon
-Final Fantasy VII
-Harry Potter and the Philosephers Stone
-Gex: Deep Cover Gecko
-OBVIOUSLY TEH TOMB RAIDERZ GAME SERIESZ! =O

And MANY more! :D

You seriously have great taste!:D
Anyone here remember a birdseye view game called loaded? Or is it just me?

RockSteady101
03-09-08, 20:17
You seriously have great taste!:D
Anyone here remember a birdseye view game called loaded? Or is it just me?

Just you...well, in my case anyway! :p

AND THANK YA DUDE! :D

RAID
05-09-08, 13:30

Demo 1, since it is the very first disk I popped into it. Then, as a full game, that would be Abe's Oddysee. It's also the first game I've played on the demo 1 disk. I still love till this day, and hate the fact that XBox bought the rights for Munch's Oddysee. But anyway...those 2 would be the nostalgic.

Also, as a full game, the first 1 I got was Ridge Racer Revolution. I liked it (not loved), still is kinda fun till this day.

And who can forget the classic Resident Evils! The first 1 I played, was 2, followed by 1, then 3.

And last but not least nostalgic, the very reason why I signed on this forum; Tomb Raider. I still remember the first time I've played TR1. I just fell in love with it. I remember after beating Caves, I got stuck in City of Vilcabamba...what? I was just a kid. While I was stuck, I ran around every single room, and while I searched for the right way, I couldn't help but notice the atmosphere. The hangers of the ancients, the furniture, etc... That's why it's my favourite level from TR1.

I've always been able to appriciate challenge and atmosphere, and the PSX was just the perfect console with the games released on it. :tmb:

KC Mraz
05-09-08, 14:11

The TR series is withouth doubt my favorite series from the PS. I soo remember TRII's Grat Wall and Venice or doing the "skip level" trick with Willard on TRIII :vlol:

Also, I got sexually excited when i remember so many awesome music games like PaRappa the Rapper (".. I forgot to close the door. You forgot to close the door. Hmm."! :D), UmJammer Lammy (Teriyaki Yoko (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cekdBtBPRm0)'s song is still über awesome), the Dance Danve Revolution PS-era games (E-Rotic and Captain Jack FTW!) and Bust a Groove/Bust a Groove 2 (to the date, i still loooove Gas-O's song Chemical Love (http://youtube.com/watch?v=fzVFx8qVBQE)).

The Crash series was really fun in the 90s, now is just some "meh" games with ugly character models :(. The Gex games also were really fun, and it was developed by Crystal! :D

There some really cool fighting games too like Tekken 2 and 3, Mortal Kombat Trilogy or Bloody Roar :). And some lighting gun games like Time Crisis or Point Blank (that game was pretty random XD)

There is some games I remember liking them but not being like "awesome awesome *orgasm*" like WipEout, Akuji the Heartless (it was also developed by Crystal!), MediEvil, Jumping Flash and there was another adventure game, I think it was Pitfall 3D.

oocladableeblah
05-09-08, 14:16

Crash Bandicoot games all of them are probably the most nostalgic of them all.
TR of course
Tekken
RE3 (used to secretly play it since I wasn't allowed to :D)
GTA 2
Croc
Gex demo
Fighting Force
Spyro the dragon
Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Legend of Lara
05-09-08, 14:40

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, Warped, Team Racing, Bash
Spyro the Dragon 1, Gateway to Glimmer, Year of the Dragon
Tekken 2, 3
The Majestic Tomb Raider I!
Resident Evil 2, 3
Soul Blade
Some South Park FPS
Tom & Jerry: House Trap
Poy Poy
Gex: Deep Cover Gecko

Ah, memories! :D

Domino
05-09-08, 15:02

Crash Bandicoot to Crash Bandicoot 3
Spyro the Dragon to Spyro 3
Tekken 2 and Tekken 3
Hercules
Tarzan

Okay, on those last too it's a bit OTT but they were my first ever games. I kinda get nostalgic whenever I play TR and Resident Evil, because I spent so long watching my Dad play them.

Kiss-Bite
05-09-08, 17:00
Hmmm...nostalgic games:D

Tomb Raider
Soul Reaver
Bllod Omen
Final Fantasy VII
Resident Evil 2
Syphon Filter
Vagrant Story
MGS
Wipeout
Lost World: Jurassic Park
Dino Crisis 2
Fear Effect
Parasite Eve 2
G Police
Nightmare Creatures
Music
Silent Hill
Medevil
Spyro
Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Megalith
05-09-08, 19:27
...whats everybody's most nostalgic PS1 games?

Tomb Raider 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tekken 3
Resident Evil 2
Gran Turismo
Spyro the Dragon
Tombi
Silent Hill
Dino Crisis

Tombreaper
05-09-08, 19:56
...whats everybody's most nostalgic PS1 games?

TR
TR II
TR III
Metal Gear Solid
Abe's Oddyssee
Abe's Exxodus
Porsche Challenge
Gran Turismo
Silent Hill
FF VII
Resident Evil 1-3
Tekken 3
Dino Crisis
Syphon Filter
Nightmare Creatures
Soul Reaver

many more

peeves
06-09-08, 02:36
Aye yae yae I love the PS1 intro the best i remember 10 years ago after my 8th birthday i got PS1 and played TR The PS1 intro outbeats PS2 and 3 intros i miss it i don't play PS1 nor PS2 no more they both broke as they're too old. I only play PS3 these days.

Sam The Man
06-09-08, 05:00
yes great memories. I was a Sega Saturn owner and Tomb Raider was my fave game ever and wasn't interested in PS but when i heard that the sequel to my best ever game was gonna be a PS exclusive i nearly broke down in tears (and i was 13 at the time) and then realised i had to persuade my mum to get me 1 for Xmas.

I got my PS1 with RAGE RACER, SOUL BLADE, & DESTRUCTION DERBY 2 but actually loved the demo just as much! I ended up buying Abes, Porche Challenge, Rapid Racer (60Frames Per Second was a phenomenom back then) and nearly bought Kurushi,

A PS1 video that came with CVG MAGAZINE or PSM way back when that will REALLY BRING THE MEMORIES FLOODING BACK!!!

ed7iVu38sIU

nakamura
07-10-08, 21:12
Great to see people still enjoying the past. I love the PS1. Great machine and the birth of some great series of games and some not so good(ironically i class TR in the latter! im not a fan!!)
I still play the games fairly often, and still buying also. This is mainly due to the fact im transferring them onto my PSP and playing them! Great stuff, they look fantastic on the small screen and are just as immersive.

My fav titles are..

Final fantasy VIII
Chrono Cross
MGS
Persona 2
Suikoden 1-2
Grandia
Legend of Dragoon
Wipeout and 2097
Ridge Racer
Castlevania
Tobal No1
Xenogears
Street Figher Zero

To name a few!

erreway
07-10-08, 21:24
Great times!!!

Psx will be in our
hearts forever :)

It's awesome.........

fanoflaracroft
07-10-08, 23:08
Good memories. That t-rex and manta were on a demo disk wich i remember having but i lost it:(