PDA

View Full Version : Concert Reviews

MadCroy101
01-09-08, 00:24
Post how well your favorite artists played......

I saw Rush 2 times, both times were great, heres my review (both had the same setlist):

Sound: Freakishly loud, you could hear everything that they were playing, it was great. I couldn't beileve how much effort was put into the audio.

Video's/Visuals: The huge movies above Geddy, Neil, and Alex were great. I love how funny these guys are, you would think they are kind of not funny, but their actually hilarious people.

Songs: Great setlist! A true stand out was when they played 2112 and natural science, both are incredible songs.

And I saw Aerosmith a few Times as well:

Sound: Some songs were just great, but sometimes it would just be kind of lacking the energy you would think that these guys would have.

Video's/Visuals: Not a great stand out of the whole concert, but I looked up to see something interesting once in a while.

Songs: The setlist for them was great, I loved all the songs that they played. Love In an Elevator was incredible, I love that song so much. Most of the other songs weren't that memorible.

Lastly, I saw Deep Purple once, a long time ago:

Soung: I was pretty good, untill they all got backstage to get all high, and whatnot. But before that it was great.

Visuals: It was great! The lightings were awesome, so when they didn't play that good at the second half of the concert, you would just be amazed by the light effects, and what not.

Songs: The setlist was good, unfourtantly they didn't play some songs as good as you hoped that they would.

violentblossom
01-09-08, 00:50
TOOL:

i saw Tool 2 years ago on the 14th of this month and they were AMAZING.

Tool has always had a reputation for not only being a tremendously talented group of brainy prefectionists, but for intricate showmanship and mesmerizing lyricism.

I loved Tool from the moment i heard them.. any time you listen, you hear something new. Cryptics whisperings in Portugese in one song, underlying and barely audible shouts in another.. its no wonder that everything this band touches turns to gold.

Seeing Tool in concert wasn't an event.. it was an experience.

This is one of the few bands i've ever seen live that sounded better in concert than on disk.

The setlist was a knockout, and i honestly heard every song i could ever hope or pray for.

Visuals included video snippits, various ambient montages, lasers, smoke, and of course, the band.

Maynard Keenan, elusive vocalist extraordinaire, is quite famous for hiding on stage somewhere and not being visible for the crowd. Not this time! He was in full view the whole time, which allowed for some nice camera phone pics.

During the very last song, singer Maynard made it very clear that he, well, had to pee. He joked about it, and laughed with the crowd, and, like the rest of the band, seemed to be having a good time.

The only issue i had with the concert was the lack of a mosh pit. Everyone was confined to standing in front of their chairs until the last song. I was pretty close any way, though, so i guess at the end of the night, it didn't really matter.

I fully recommend seeing them live. You won't be disappointed. :tmb:

tombraider123
01-09-08, 00:54
Avril Lavigne

Sound: Great sound, her vocals were brilliant and when she played the electric guitar it was very clear.

Video's/Visuals: Huge LED screen behind her, was on for some songs. It was brilliant especially in Girlfriend where "Hey Hey, You You" was coming up on the screen.

Songs: Big setlist, all her hits from previous albums aswell (except Nobody's Home). Some songs were shortened (about 5) since she was performing so many. Did two on electric guitar, one on acoustic guitar, one on piano and one on the drums.

Also - Avril is really an amazing performer, she has so much energy and was talking to the crowd a lot and really got us involved.

Paramore

Sound: Hayley is an amazing singer and I could always hear her singing, everything was very clear.

Video's/Visual: There was none, which is not always a bad thing...it was just the band performing on stage.

Songs: Really good setlist, was only a bit dissapointed one song I loved was left out but otherwise it was brilliant. All the popular songs were played.

Tombcool
01-09-08, 00:56
Lisa Gerrard (from Dead Can Dance): Hands down, the best concert I have been too. What a voice!

The Gathering: The next best concert I went to, Anneke was just amazing live!

Epica (x2): I saw it with Simone the first time and Amanda Somerville the second time cause Simone was sick during that tour. They were both amazing, and the set lists were perfect! Oh and I met the entire band except Simone. *cries*

After Forever:FLOOR, I love FLOOR! She sounds the same live and on CD, which is spectacular. I met the whole band, including Floor, all-around nice people.

UneXpect:Out of all the bands I have met in my life, these guys are the nicest. And they are the craziest band I have ever seen live.

Stolen Babies:These guys are really nice to when I met them, and they're really fun live. Full of so much energy!:jmp:

Lacuna Coil:The band sounded amazing live, but the set list was terrible (most songs were from their latest, Karmacode). I met the band except for Christina. :(

violentblossom
01-09-08, 00:58
Stolen Babies:These guys are really nice to when I met them, and they're really fun live. Full of so much energy!:jmp:

That girl does her makeup really cool!

Lacuna Coil:The band sounded amazing live, but the set list was terrible (most songs were from their latest, Karmacode). I met the band except for Christina. :(

yeah, it makes sense that the gorgeous singer would be unavailable, sucks, though. :(

Tombcool
01-09-08, 01:02
I know! The singer never comes out, its always the guys of the band. And I agree, Dominique from Stolen Babies has awesome makeup:jmp::

http://a586.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_be78f33ae3e4d7e061e1679184c67399.jpg

And just for the heck of it (so out of place, I love it):
http://a605.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_2b9ca831ae2b8bcf59f0fe2197e7b8ac.jpg

violentblossom
01-09-08, 01:03
I know! The singer never comes out, its always the guys of the band. And I agree, Dominique from Stolen Babies has awesome makeup:jmp::

http://a586.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_be78f33ae3e4d7e061e1679184c67399.jpg

And just for the heck of it:
http://a605.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_2b9ca831ae2b8bcf59f0fe2197e7b8ac.jpg

lmao, why did my comment go in your quote? :vlol:

EDIT: and that looks like Christina Scabbia on the right of her?

Tombcool
01-09-08, 01:05
lol, I dunno, maybe you were too lazy to put it into two quotes? :ton: Don't worry, i'm like that sometimes too.

Yup, that's Christina to the right. :jmp:

ajrich17901
01-09-08, 01:16
EVANESCENCE

Sound: AMAZING! Amy's opera part in Whisper almost killed me lol, the audio was very clear no buzzin or anything not much of an echo it was great!

Video's/Visuals: No video. But the visuals and special effects made up for it, when she sang lithium they used a blue light and snow was coming down the entire place, also was fog everywhere.The lights were amazing.

Songs: It was an ok setlist some songs she shouldnt have done, and there were some songs she should have done, but overall i was happy but left at the last song "Your Star" blehh

violentblossom
01-09-08, 01:21
EVANESCENCE

Sound: AMAZING! Amy's opera part in Whisper almost killed me lol, the audio was very clear no buzzin or anything not much of an echo it was great!

Video's/Visuals: No video. But the visuals and special effects made up for it, when she sang lithium they used a blue light and snow was coming down the entire place, also was fog everywhere.The lights were amazing.

Songs: It was an ok setlist some songs she shouldnt have done, and there were some songs she should have done, but overall i was happy but left at the last song "Your Star" blehh

aww, i love Amy. i doubt i could drag my boyfriend into going, though. :(

i bought Anywhere but Home and was suprised at how tired Amy Sounds after a while.. was that an issue when you saw them?

tombraider123
01-09-08, 01:24
EVANESCENCE

I would love to see Evanescence. Lithium is my favourite song by them.

MadCroy101
01-09-08, 06:09
just tomb raider
thank u

This is a general theard, meaning it can be anything besides Tomb Raider :wve:

Kerrigan
01-09-08, 19:01
Iron Maiden

The atmosphere was fantastic, extremely energetic, I felt like a fireball.

The sound was a bit weak at times, but it didn't ruin it for me.
There were a lot of good songs on the playlist, although I don't like "Clairvoyant" that much and I which they had played some other songs too.

I loved the backgrounds, the pyrotechnic effects and the Eddies , and just being there, watching and hearing them perform live, and shouting "Up the Irons" with the other 20 000 people on the stadium.It was awesome.

oocladableeblah
01-09-08, 19:07
Sonic Youth
I saw this band twice the first time I saw them it was my frist concert ever so I was excited. The second time I saw them it was my 3rd concert I have ever been to. When I saw them for the first time they were really good and made me like them even more the concert was inside and outside it was in a building that had stair leading to the roof so that was awesome. The second time I saw them they were even better and thus I liked them even more, but the concert was one where you had to sit down which makes the concert not as fun since you can't dance to the music and it was outside so that was a good thing.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Tom Petty was my second concert and they were really good. Sure some of the original band members weren't there, but they still sounded awesome.

MadCroy101
02-09-08, 21:07
Iron Maiden

The atmosphere was fantastic, extremely energetic, I felt like a fireball.

The sound was a bit weak at times, but it didn't ruin it for me.
There were a lot of good songs on the playlist, although I don't like "Clairvoyant" that much and I which they had played some other songs too.

I loved the backgrounds, the pyrotechnic effects and the Eddies , and just being there, watching and hearing them perform live, and shouting "Up the Irons" with the other 20 000 people on the stadium.It was awesome.

You are so lucky, I love Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jmp:

Heckler
02-09-08, 22:02
*waits for Amy Winehouse reviews.....:mis: