PDA

View Full Version : Just met my birth mother...

ThatNorskChick
01-09-08, 19:32
Yes, I was adopted and finally after almost 19 years, I was able to meet her. I was pretty nervous about it but everything went fine. It was amazing thing to finally see her and understand why I looked and acted the way I do. Hehe I just feel so happy now! :jmp:

Here we are:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/Maidenofhorror2/Corona%20Borealis/derkermoder-1-1.jpg
:D:D:D

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience...that is, if you'd like to share. I know it's a rather touchy subject. :)

Legend of Lara
01-09-08, 19:35
Congratulations, it must be pretty great to finally meet your mother. :D

Nemo_91
01-09-08, 19:36
Aww that's great! Congrats :)

violentblossom
01-09-08, 19:39
wow!

that made me tear up! that's great! are you going to keep in touch? did she cry? more details, if you don't mind! (you don't have mention anything too touchy.)

well, my mom and dad had a nasty divorce when i was about 3 or 4. some stuff happened, and she had to put a restraining order on him.

the last time i'd seen my dad was when i was about 10. we were in a grocery store, and i don't think he recognized me. he was stealing candy.

so, my father passed away 4 months shy of my 18th birthday 4 years ago. there was a large settlement involved, and my whole family on his side was really nasty about the whole thing, because they were being greedy.

the only person who was kind to me throughout the ordeal was my deceased father's fiancee. she recently sent me alot of his pictures and belongings, so i feel, i'm sure, only about a 10th of how youre feeling.

i'm so happy for you.

:hug::hug::hug:

CroftScionGuard
01-09-08, 19:39
Hehe I just feel so happy now! :jmp:
That's what's important :tmb:

Be happy :)

jamieoliver22
01-09-08, 19:41
You look very similar, almost like sisters. Congratulations and I hope it all goes well for you :tmb::D

CatyCroft
01-09-08, 19:43
Whats important is you're happy :)
:hug:

TombRaiderCool
01-09-08, 19:45
Congrats on seeing each other. :)
I love happy endings like this. :hug:
I hope you will have many great times with each other soon.

toxicraider
01-09-08, 20:06
Well done, this was probably be the hardest part, and i'm glad it all went so well, i hope your relationship with each other grows and develops.
Gosh you look so alike,
i'm very happy for you, and good luck for the future.

lararoxs
01-09-08, 20:13
Congratulations and Well Done!:tmb:

Im pleased that you were able to find her and meet up! Are you going to stay in touch? I wish you both the best! I have heard about many birth parents and children, never finding each other or not wanting to see each other, so I'am really pleased that you are able to get together!

I bet your over the moon!
:hug:

rickybazire
01-09-08, 21:10
Aww that's so sweet!

Glad you met up with her. You look so similar!

Tina Croft
01-09-08, 21:13
Aww that's so sweet!

Glad you met up with her. You look so similar!

lol they look like twins! :D

i'm glad you met your mother and that you get along with her. :)

star-dust
01-09-08, 21:15
You look so much alike!

Congratulations! :D

ThatNorskChick
01-09-08, 21:22
Thank you so much everyone. :hug: :hug:

that made me tear up! that's great! are you going to keep in touch? did she cry? more details, if you don't mind! (you don't have mention anything too touchy.)

Yeah we're going to keep in touch...we'll we've actually been in touch for over a year. I actually found her on (of all places) myspace. :p We didn't cry when we saw each other, we just both freaked out...but then we cried when she had to leave. :o

well, my mom and dad had a nasty divorce when i was about 3 or 4. some stuff happened, and she had to put a restraining order on him.

the last time i'd seen my dad was when i was about 10. we were in a grocery store, and i don't think he recognized me. he was stealing candy.

so, my father passed away 4 months shy of my 18th birthday 4 years ago. there was a large settlement involved, and my whole family on his side was really nasty about the whole thing, because they were being greedy.

the only person who was kind to me throughout the ordeal was my deceased father's fiancee. she recently sent me alot of his pictures and belongings, so i feel, i'm sure, only about a 10th of how youre feeling.

Aw, I'm so sorry! Please, have a hug. :( :hug:

St4r
01-09-08, 21:34
Congrats!

Looking like metal sisters there. :D

violentblossom
01-09-08, 21:41
Yeah we're going to keep in touch...we'll we've actually been in touch for over a year. I actually found her on (of all places) myspace. :p We didn't cry when we saw each other, we just both freaked out...but then we cried when she had to leave. :o

Myspace? Really? Do you live far from each other? Any new siblings?

(i'm sorry i'm so nosy, lol, i'm living vicariously through you, i guess. :p)

you have the same nose and mouth and forehead. that's really neat, to meet someone, and they have your features.

ThatNorskChick
01-09-08, 21:55
Myspace? Really? Do you live far from each other? Any new siblings?

(i'm sorry i'm so nosy, lol, i'm living vicariously through you, i guess. :p)

you have the same nose and mouth and forehead. that's really neat, to meet someone, and they have your features.

Haha it's ok, I understand. Ask away! ;)

Yes, myspace finally came in handy. :D She lives about 3 hours from me right now but she's moving soon so she'll be very far away....that's one of the reasons I finally got to see her.

I have 3 half brothers, I only knew about 2 of them growing up. Then I found out I had another one and freaked out. :p

Survival
01-09-08, 22:08
I am adopted but I donīt really want to see or meet my birth parents. I know why they abandoned me and I know exactly who they are but I just donīt give a damn.

I love my parents and for me they are the true ones. I donīt try to play tough or be ignorant or something but nobody seems to understand that. My mother is worried sick that Iīm gonna see my birth parents but still wants me to meet them and does not understand that I have no desire to even see them. I know their names, where they live etc. and if I really wanted to meet them I wouldīve already. The reason they gave me up was not some melodramatic "I was too young etc." crap and I donīt really care if they have second thoughts now. I wonīt go into detail sorry.

Anyway I am so glad youīre happy and that you met your birth mother and that you get along well. :hug:

ThatNorskChick
01-09-08, 22:24
I am adopted but I donīt really want to see or meet my birth parents. I know why they abandoned me and I know exactly who they are but I just donīt give a damn.

I love my parents and for me they are the true ones. I donīt try to play tough or be ignorant or something but nobody seems to understand that. My mother is worried sick that Iīm gonna see my birth parents but still wants me to meet them and does not understand that I have no desire to even see them. I know their names, where they live etc. and if I really wanted to meet them I wouldīve already. The reason they gave me up was not some melodramatic "I was too young etc." crap and I donīt really care if they have second thoughts now. I wonīt go into detail sorry.

Anyway I am so glad youīre happy and that you met your birth mother and that you get along well. :hug:

I'm really sorry to hear that, that sort of stuff saddens me. :( I guess it was the opposite for me in a way. I really wanted to see my birth parents but it didn't seem like my parents wanted me to. But I'm glad that you love your parents, as long as you have someone, that's all that matters. :)

Shrantellatessa
01-09-08, 23:05
Awww :hug: That's sooo cute, I'm happy for you both :)

Nefertiti_89
02-09-08, 00:11
Omg you are like two peas in a pod!

I'm happy for you that you finally got to see her after all those years! :):):)

I have a friend who is searching for her birth mother at the moment, she found contact details just a few weeks ago but is too scared to write in case she doesn't hear back, is wrong about it, or finds out that her mother wants nothing to do with her (there is special circumstances here that I'm not sure people would want to hear).

But anyway, congrats! I hope everything goes well for you two and you can build a happy relationship for the future :):):)

Dark Lugia 2
02-09-08, 00:26
Thats pretty awesome. :D you mustve felt so chuffed ^_^

rowanlim
02-09-08, 05:06
I'm glad it went well for you, it's amazing that you get to meet your mom :tmb: :) :hug:

PS. You guys look like mirror images of each other :D

*laralover*
02-09-08, 05:16
Its great you got to see your mum :hug::D You guys look like sisters :D

Voni
02-09-08, 06:55
I know it's already been said, but you two really do look like sisters!

I'm glad you got to meet her, that's awesome :hug:

MrBear
02-09-08, 07:18
This is probably the first time you've heard this (:whi:) but you look very much alike :p I must admit I wasn't sure at first who was who.... :o

It was very nice to read and see the picture, family is a funny thing and it's great you found and now finally have met your mother.. Also, I'm glad that myspace finally made a difference for the better for someone :p but it's sad to hear she's moving farther away, how far away exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

Explorer
02-09-08, 07:41
That's really great ThatNorskChick, I'm happy for you both :hug:

EgyptianSoul
02-09-08, 07:48
Fabulous. :D Congrats for meeting your birth mother finally.

Tomb of Legends
02-09-08, 09:13
My god! You look so alike.

Congrats! Must have been amazing!

george_croft
02-09-08, 15:48
I'm very happy for you! :hug:

larasmybish
04-07-09, 08:19
aww, thats great :D

(I know this is old, but its new to me :))

she has nice eyes, and your hair the same, but her is darker :O
you have the same nose though :P

Spong
04-07-09, 08:42
*foresees thread getting locked for bumping*

laracroftswest
04-07-09, 09:07
EDIT: OH wait! This is a bumped thread! DAMN! :mad:

ThatNorskChick
04-07-09, 09:18
Ah yeah lock this. Save me the embarassment of the fact that I actually started a thread about my personal life. :p

Squibbly
04-07-09, 09:47
Before it's locked:

THAT IS AWESOME. And touching. :)

I wasn't here yet when this thread was made.

Okay bye bye thread.