PDA

View Full Version : Zonealarm messed up

Lara Coft Baby
01-09-08, 20:20
For some reason this stupid program which is a fire wall program isnt working any more. For some reason when its open/on it gives me a 404 file not found or whatever. It wont let me connect to any websites. And now that i shut it down its working. I have no idea what i did but i dont know how to fix it.

aktrekker
01-09-08, 22:17
Double click on the little icon in the tray. Make sure the big red STOP button isn't pressed.

Lara Coft Baby
01-09-08, 22:26
Ok it isnt, so far it seems to be working BUT whether the program is open or closed there are 2 websites that still give me this 404 error

spikejones
02-09-08, 02:04
hmmm... i know that a while back there was an issue with a Windows security update that caused zone alarm to disable all internet access. users had to either uninstall the windows update to get their internet back, or upgrade to the latest version of zone alarm (which should now be posted at the site). There should still be a sticky thread above this one that talks about this issue. If that is what your issue is, you should simply get the latest version.

I know you said that it does it even when the firewall is off.. sooo, if your firewall really IS off and not just the window being closed (check the system tray and you will see the icon)..... this could simply be the fact that the webserver you are trying to connect to is just DOWN. This is not uncommon. I go to one site a lot which the server has a tendency to crash a LOT. Try to connect to that site again later.

Also, if a website moves servers (or networks really) it takes a while for the new DNS information to propogate across the internet. It may take as long as two days for this to happen.

There also may be an issue with your ISP's DNS server not having proper routing.

EscondeR
02-09-08, 06:10
1. What sites exactly are returning you 404?

2. Make sure you have the latest version of Zone Alarm (http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/trial_zaFamily/trial_zaFamily.jsp).

3. Run Command Prompt and type "ipconfig /all" w/o quotes, press Enter. Make a screenshot of what you get and post here.

Lara Coft Baby
02-09-08, 06:16
Click Orlando and The Disturbed ones, and its not the sites. I checked with both admins and they say that the sites are running fine for htem and others.

I'll do all that tomorrow :)