PDA

View Full Version : The most excellent and official Tomb Raider Forums 3,000,000 posts countdown thread

tlr online
02-09-08, 01:07
Just 8,000 posts to go, and Tomb Raider Forums (http://www.tombraiderforums.com) hits the big 3,000,000!! If you have any stories or anecdotes on how you fine folk found us or simply want to make a suggestion on how we can make this place even better, go right ahead. We anticipate hitting the big 3 mil. sometime this week. :yah:

Larson_1988
02-09-08, 01:10
It was Thorir who got me here, :) I sent him so many messages about how to play custom levels on a Norwegian site so he told me i should go here. :) I don't regret a day i did, :)

And new TR related themes would be awesome, :) Along with longer signature text ability + font editing! :tmb:

Little-Lara
02-09-08, 01:11
Quite honestly, it was Tomb Raider Chronicles that brought me here; i used to visit the site often, and slowly started raiding the forums. and soon felt the urge to join in the conversations. :jmp: How exciting. :jmp:

violentblossom
02-09-08, 01:12
i suggest.....

themes!

tomb-y themes!

egypt, paris, india, peru, everywheres! :yah: :yah: :yah:

Camera Obscura
02-09-08, 01:15
Well let me tell you about the time I joined the forums. Ahem:

I was bored as hell. The first thread I walked into was one pertaining to swan-diving off the waterful in Temple of Xian. Not only did I steer off topic but I kept spamming the thread without a single comment from the mods. Oops?:tea:

thecentaur
i stumbled upon here by pure accident :D i was looking for stuff and then it led me to this forum ^_^

*reminisces* i've grown up so much since the past almost year. takes me back

:3 ...

Feather Duster
i suggest.....

themes!

tomb-y themes!

HOPE!

Come on Master P, you know you want to :mis:

Seriously, every member feels like they're sitting in a cubicle doing office work. But, I wouldn't care either way :)

raiderfun
02-09-08, 01:16
Hmmm, don't really remember very well, probably via Google, because I noticed that TR Legend forum was the most popular english/International forum on the net before its release (Beg 2006) , and so, I have automatically decided to join :D

Justin, just make sure you make more ads through sites and everything will be okay, I also predict newcomers right before Underworld's release :D :tmb:

Immortalis08
02-09-08, 01:16
...I seriously cannot remember how i joined... :confused: Probably through Tomb Raider Chronicles.

More themes would be nice and a chance to upload your own avatars. But I am pretty content with the way the forum runs. :)

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 01:27
Just 8,000 posts to go, and Tomb Raider Forums (http://www.tombraiderforums.com) hits the big 3,000,000!! If you have any stories or anecdotes on how you fine folk found us or simply want to make a suggestion on how we can make this place even better, go right ahead. We anticipate hitting the big 3 mil. sometime this week. :yah:

Congratulations :yah: So is this an official permission for spamming? :mis:

Suggestion
PLEASE, Justin, can you introduce a theme to TRF, the one already created by JamieLover (I guess you know it)? TRF is the biggest forum and I think it deserves a nice presentation to sustain its image. In case you're worried about bandwidth, JamieLover said that his theme will not have any impact on bandwidth coz of some coding thing (I can't explain, I'm not that good in coding) :)

Endow
02-09-08, 01:35
Self-uploaded avatar privileges for the masses!!!!

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 01:49
By the way Justin, I found the vBulletin skin/theme I was talking about and the explanation to why it wouldn't affect bandwidth: Clicky (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2843226&postcount=4)!

A poll would also be a great way to collectively decide on this subject :)

Quasimodo
02-09-08, 01:51
i suggest.....

themes!

tomb-y themes!

...I seriously cannot remember how i joined... :confused: Probably through Tomb Raider Chronicles.

More themes would be nice and a chance to upload your own avatars. But I am pretty content with the way the forum runs. :)

Suggestion
PLEASE, Justin, can you introduce a theme to TRF, the one already created by JamieLover (I guess you know it)? TRF is the biggest forum and I think it deserves a nice presentation to sustain its image. In case you're worried about bandwidth, JamieLover said that his theme will not have any impact on bandwidth coz of some coding thing (I can't explain, I'm not that good in coding) :)

Hooray for TR/TR level - inspired forum themes! I bet an India-inspired one would look totally gorgeous.

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 01:58
^ Yup! Or we could have 4 sets: Blue (underwater), green (jungle), brown (desert), and gray (tomb) that Justin would change every 6 months or something (or members can choose from in their CP :p).

coolezpunk
02-09-08, 01:58
I was browsing Tomb Raider Chronicles, and I often found myself eying the "Forums" section. I don't know why exactly, but I was curious what kind of stuff people were talking about there. So, I finally checked it out, and I read a lot of interesting posts. Plus, the members were humorous, friendly, and active. So after a few days spying on TRF, I finally decided to become a member. :) And I'm glad I did. :D

About suggestions... hmmm...
Like others said, more themes perhaps? :wve:

Quasimodo
02-09-08, 02:02
^ Yup! Or we could have 4 sets: Blue (underwater), green (jungle), brown (desert), and gray (tomb) that Justin would change every 6 months or something (or members can choose from in their CP :p).

There could even be a design mock-up competition - the winning designs would be coded into real themes. Each design would include a colour scheme, logo, and possibly fonts, smileys, buttons, and section headers.

violentblossom
02-09-08, 02:03
oh, and i'd like GMC rules to be changed to one month on forums, lol... i've been here 1, and already have well over 500 posts.. and none of them spamming.

puh-puh-puhleeeeeeease?

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 02:07
There could even be a design mock-up competition - the winning designs would be coded into real themes. Each design would include a colour scheme, logo, and possibly fonts, smileys, buttons, and section headers.

I was going to suggest that too :tmb: After all, TRF's current logo was chosen through a competition ;)

Quasimodo
02-09-08, 02:08
I was going to suggest that too :tmb: After all, TRF's current logo was chosen through a competition ;)

Huh. I didn't know that :tmb:

KC Mraz
02-09-08, 02:20
A suggestion/idea: What if we do a "time capsule"? A thread where we say things like how TRF was this days, who the active members were, how the TR franchise status was and shiz like that and gets closed, so it gets re-opened and bumped in IDK, 2012 (or 2010, less ambitious).

It would be a nice project for all us to do :)

iamlaracroft
02-09-08, 02:21
Huh. I didn't know that :tmb:

yeah! and our dear Brett nearly won that competition too :tmb:

competition ftw!

Quasimodo
02-09-08, 02:22
A suggestion/idea: What if we do a "time capsule"? A thread where we say things like how TRF was right now, who the active members were, how the TR franchise status was and shiz like that and gets closed, so it gets re-opened and bumped in IDK, 2012 (or 2010, less ambitious).

Like a TRF Yearbook?

coolezpunk
02-09-08, 02:22
A suggestion/idea: What if we do a "time capsule"? A thread where we say things like how TRF was this days, who the active members were, how the TR franchise status was and shiz like that and gets closed, so it gets re-opened and bumped in IDK, 2012 (or 2010, less ambitious).

What an interesting and creative idea! :tmb: I like it!

Quasimodo
02-09-08, 02:23
yeah! and our dear Brett nearly won that competition too :tmb:

competition ftw!

Does anyone have a link to that competition?

Feather Duster
02-09-08, 02:24

That'd be awesome! :jmp:

KC Mraz
02-09-08, 02:30
Like a TRF Yearbook?

Kinda. Something like the Yahoo Time Capsule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Time_Capsule) but in TRF, withouth the party and charity and with less years

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 02:33
Does anyone have a link to that competition?

Clicky (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=26217&highlight=Logo)! ;)

iamlaracroft
02-09-08, 02:36
Clicky (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=26217&highlight=Logo)! ;)

thank you! :jmp::jmp:

Ward Dragon
02-09-08, 02:37
I think I followed a link here from some other site and decided to join :D

I like the forum layout and color scheme as it is (very clean and easy to read) :D My only suggestion is to have a larger character limit for signatures (maybe double the current limit?). If the forums do get new skins, I hope that the current default remains as an option :)

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 02:38
iamlaracroft, welcome :)

violentblossom
02-09-08, 04:34
MARCO!!!

:whi:

M.A.
02-09-08, 05:00
MARCO!!!

POLO.... :whi: :D

rowanlim
02-09-08, 05:01
Wow...Look how big we've grown! :tmb: :yah:

I guess I joined out of curiosity, I was such a noob (check out my "I'm a Hobbyist!" thread :o), but I guess being here has helped me mature (still a ways to go yet :D), made many great pals, met very special people here too, hope to have a great time with y'all! The big 3 mil, peeps! :yah: :hug: :gki:

Thanks to Justin & everyone that made this a great home for everybody! :D

violentblossom
02-09-08, 05:05
POLO.... :whi: :D

yay!

nice siggy, btw!

*laralover*
02-09-08, 05:13
Wow go TRF :jmp:

Hm well i first found this place when searching google. I thought "i wonder if there are some TR forums" and well yeah :p I have to say this is the best forum iv ever been to everyone is very nice here and we get lots of goodness :D

nickless
02-09-08, 07:41
well when i really like a game i always visit the official.used to brouwse couple of days and then registered in the forum.
first i taught ' all the people round here are mean bla bla bla' what do you expect when ur a newbie?but now i think it's awesome over here,with nice people and it's fun :D and now i write more often.it's good to be a member of such comunity :)

Drone
02-09-08, 07:57
33k users, 3m posts. 3 is a good number

Cochrane
02-09-08, 08:11
For what it's worth, it seems that the internal ID has already exceeded 3,000,000. See the URL to Drone's post, http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=3018715#post3018715

As you can see, it's post 3,018,715 already. In other words, more than 20,000 posts have been deleted in the forum's history so far.

tlr online
02-09-08, 08:18
As you can see, it's post 3,018,715 already. In other words, more than 20,000 posts have been deleted in the forum's history so far.

Nicely spotted.

jaywalker
02-09-08, 08:24
For what it's worth, it seems that the internal ID has already exceeded 3,000,000. See the URL to Drone's post, http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=3018715#post3018715

thats a lot of naughty posts then ;)

Drone
02-09-08, 08:42

rather pointless ones. twaddle rules more today than naughtiness

MiCkiZ88
02-09-08, 08:42
So.. who here actually has a life? :p

I just joined this site out of pure boredom, but soon got addicted to it because of the friendly atmosphere. Has to be the best forum I've been to, and I've even met few very interesting personalities here who now have become either close friends, or a real pain in the arse. But that's what makes this place exciting, eh?

The best thing about this forum? I found my fiance here.

patriots88888
02-09-08, 08:46
So.. who here actually has a life? :p

That is a paradox in itself. You can't be a regular forum member and have an actual life at the same time. :p :)

nickless
02-09-08, 09:18
That is a paradox in itself. You can't be a regular forum member and have an actual life at the same time. :p :)

you could be a part time member :D i mean the few weeks to school are always free (well at least for me)when in school i doubt i'll even have the time to write one post.aaaaand yeah,no life then too.maybe you are right :D i rarely have to opurtunity to write at day time.yeah,part time member-at day have a life-at night browse in the forum :D

tombraiderluka
02-09-08, 09:43
Yaaaay :D
Amazing :D

M.A.
02-09-08, 09:46
yay!

nice siggy, btw!

Thanks! Fortune&Glory (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=32330) came up with it. Of course, I used it with permission.

BTW, is it just me or does Lara pic up there need updating a bit? :D

jackali
02-09-08, 10:11
I joined this forum shortly before my sixteenth birthday, more accurately, it was one week before.

I was looking for information about the demo for Tomb Raider Legend.

The forum seems to be a sort of constant though, a lot of other things in my life have changed, and I'd like to think I've matured significantly, but the forum is here when I want it. :)

Can't really think of any stories though.

Features... well I'd like to see a working calendar which is individual for each user, so we can put our own important events onto the calendar, thus helping us remember them. :p

kryptonite23
02-09-08, 10:15
My cousin (the hooliganz, which not very active right now) invited me to join this forum because he told be that it will be fun. :D

chakotay1
02-09-08, 10:17
I have been a member since 2005. I think I found you via www.tombraiderchronicles.com but as you can see by my number of posts that I either forgot about you or something but it has really been only since about June that I have been involved.

maximum_123
02-09-08, 10:19
I googled for some help on AOD when I came across the forums. I was a guest for ages then finally decided to sign up. And I'm glad I did.

:wve:
Writing on an iPhone really sucks.

TRfan23
02-09-08, 10:26
I found this site on http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/

Originally I wanted another site to find TR Cutscenes, since I already found some for Anniversary on http://www.tombraideranniversary.com/ - I found those ones last August, found them all on http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/ last October\November. Also seeing the button Forums on that site as well. I clicked onto it and boom, some colours and graphics appeared, to form this site :)

I signed up last December, and only posted one or two posts back then I think? Didn't use it properly till May this year ;)

Legend of Lara
02-09-08, 10:48
I was reading the TRL review on OPS2 and the forum was mentioned. I got interested and started browsing. I then joined the forums shortly after completing TRL. Although I was an immature idiot back then I stuck around and still will. :D

tomblover
02-09-08, 10:52
Well... *Gets nostalgic*

I joined this place, I think it was because it seemed so nice. :D And boy was I right. This is my second home. :p

Wait a minute. :yik:

"Official Tomb Raider Forums"?! Does that mean we're official? :p

jaywalker
02-09-08, 10:56
Hmm i think i joined for AOD.. to get abused over that :)

Nefertiti_89
02-09-08, 11:06
Suggestion

OMg yes! PLEASE!!! :) JamieLovers theme is FANTASTIC!

I joined up here because I felt lonely that none of my friends loved TR as much as I did and it made me sad :( so I decided to try and make friends that wouldn't think I'm a tombgeek and so far this place is perfect :)

peffect
02-09-08, 11:07
I was a TombRaiderChronicles.com addict, and came, by extention, to this forum. I wasn't literally an active member at first - not before Legend, that is to say. :)
And today, TRforums is the web page I visit most, whenever the oppotunity shows.

:)

kthnxbai
02-09-08, 11:11
TRF nearly got me fired from my job!

lol....

It was around the time of the teaser trailer when the forums were all fun....

And I wasn't aware there had been a teaser trailer released and then I found it in work

My boss looked at the camera footage and gave out to me for being on the internet all the time lol

patriots88888
02-09-08, 11:15
Hmm i think i joined for AOD.. to get abused over that :)

Now who would do a thing like that (abuse you)? :whi: :p :D

KIKO
02-09-08, 11:16
Well I used to visit tombraiderchronicles.com quite often but I didn't saw the forums until I googled a question about future tomb raider games and that's when I saw it, then I used to browse the forums quite a lot, and in June I registered.

Ok a suggestion, other than themes maybe... write more and more trwiki pages so I can start making my personal tr book with the help of trwiki:D

b0bb13
02-09-08, 11:22
I found out about TRF because of my obsession for Legend.It was before I had the full game.I played the demo and I wanted to see more screenshots from it,so I googled it,and it sent me to TRF a few times....each time there weren't any screens,so when TRF came up in google,I used to shout at the screen 'I don't want forums!!!':vlol:
But then I found a thread by Marco Catena with screens and after that I started to look around,and then I joined in September.:D

jarhead
02-09-08, 11:23
The best thing about this forum? I found my fiance here.

:yik::yah:

Congratz, never heard about that!!!

Domino
02-09-08, 11:25
I got Legend Christmas 2006, and got addicted to the series. I wanted to discuss it somewhere and typed in "Tomb Raider Forums" into Google and this was the first result, and I thought it was the official board for Eidos at the time! xD

Clara [CA]
02-09-08, 11:26
First time I posted here I was sooooooo stressed. I hadn't had a proper conversation in English for at least a year and I thought everyone was going to laugh at my mistakes. But no one did, of course :p

Titanium
02-09-08, 11:46
Woo 3 million. :D

I remember coming here to talk about AOD and the previous Tomb Raider games. Didnt expect to be on here for over five years though. :p

Lemmie
02-09-08, 12:32
I think I found TRF through a walkthrough site. :D

I haven't been a regular member (been here nearly four years and only 800 posts!) but I've always enjoyed it when I have remembered to log on and talk about Lara. And other things.

petujaymz
02-09-08, 12:46
Is there a prize for the member who submits the 3,000,000th post?

There should be...

I dunno, dinner with tlr online or summin. XD

Larapink
02-09-08, 12:48
Yay for 3 million! :jmp:

Assassino
02-09-08, 12:59

There should be...

Now that's not a bad idea...:)

patriots88888
02-09-08, 13:07

There should be...

Hmmm. What do penguins eat I wonder? :whi: :D

Lara Croft!
02-09-08, 13:08
I found this place through TRC site as I was looking for a good TR walk through. I love it here!

Christi
02-09-08, 13:14
5, 4, 3, 2, 1...OMG this is like new years eve! :jmp: AND HEY WE ARE ONE POST CLOSER!!:eek:

KC Mraz
02-09-08, 13:15

There should be...

And $100 000 dolars! Like a reality show! lol :D

tampi
02-09-08, 13:17

There should be...

Now that's not a bad idea...:)

Hmmm. What do penguins eat I wonder? :whi: :D

http://i35.************/o8b5oy.jpg:cln::D

Excellent idea. Maybe we could make a raffle with all members who want to participate and give someone a exclusive t-shirt :)

Drone
02-09-08, 13:18
2,992,800 almost 7.2k to 3m :D

M.A.
02-09-08, 13:18

There should be...

Will he be wearing a Penguin mask and a tux? :D

Or would it be a full Darth Vader suit? :D

Larapink
02-09-08, 13:30
http://i35.************/o8b5oy.jpg:cln::D

Excellent idea. Maybe we could make a raffle with all members who want to participate and give someone a exclusive t-shirt :)
OMG!

You have the same keyboard and monitor as me! :eek:!

Angelx14
02-09-08, 13:31
Quite honestly, it was Tomb Raider Chronicles that brought me here; i used to visit the site often, and slowly started raiding the forums. and soon felt the urge to join in the conversations. :jmp: How exciting. :jmp:

Same here :tmb:

Angelus
02-09-08, 13:31
I reckon you give a Lara themed prize to the person who posts the 3,000,000th post. :)

I sort of stumbled across the forums, but I'd been visiting tombraiderchronicles.com for about a year. I joined the Planet Lara forums on the same day and posted more on there for a while, but then started posting here properly. Definitely the best forum I've ever been a part of. :tmb:

tampi
02-09-08, 14:11
I never thought that I ''ll be here for 2 years now :)

clw
02-09-08, 14:58
i always looked on chronicles for tombraiider news then looked at the forum and signed up because of the beautiful artwork ,i like visuals:cln:.the official tomb raider anniversary site looks great i know we cant have a moving lara like they do but we really need something.

Dia2blo
02-09-08, 15:04
I've used tombraiderchronicles for years, even getting to a point where i checked it every day (still do :p) anyways i joined a couple of years back, but never really posted much as i used to talk on random tr forums such as myspace. anyways a while ago my friends had a go at me again because i wouldn''t shut up about tomb raider, so out of frustration i came here. yay :p

matrix54
02-09-08, 16:02
the day I joined, ah yes...
I remeber it like it was one year, 3 months 6 days and about16 hours ago...

not at all. The level editor scene was on the rise and i said why not join. i had so much to say and i signed up and said it... and bam, a thousnad + pages later, here I am!!

LETS GO THREE MILLION!W00T!!:hug::jmp:

*TOSSES UP CONFETTI*

TRhalloween
02-09-08, 17:23
I joined here not long ago but I have been reading the forums for about two years.

TombRaiderCool
02-09-08, 17:28
Congrats on the upcoming milestone. :tmb:
This has to be one of the most successful forums I have ever been on.
I actually found this forum on a link from wikipedia and thought I might give it a go. :)

matrix54
02-09-08, 17:30
you live in my username:eek:

tranniversary119
02-09-08, 17:45
I was just browsing tomb raider sites and came across the forums It's myspace to me :p Go TRF :tmb:

remote91
02-09-08, 19:19
Ooooo great :D

I challenge someone to read every single post ever made on this forum..

Lavinder
02-09-08, 19:27

Suggestion

I think you'll find I'm Jamie's lover, and Jamie is called Jamieoliver22 ;):p.

jamieoliver22
02-09-08, 19:32
PLEASE, Justin, can you introduce a theme to TRF, the one already created by JamieLover (I guess you know it)?

OMg yes! PLEASE!!! :) JamieLovers theme is FANTASTIC!

My name is actually jamieoliver22, but thanks :p (you even quoted my post and didn't notice my username).

Anyway, I am still working on making that theme suitable for the forums (I have forgot about it actually, I have been busy lately and loosing the original PSD didn't help) and I have already spoken to Justin about it - so just wait and see what (if anything) happens :p

Tombreaper
02-09-08, 20:09
Do we get a present for this huge amount of posts? A nice TR sticker or something.

Marianna12
02-09-08, 20:11
Well, I was using TR Chronicles site for news and stuff and one day I just clicked to the forums, read a thread and decided that I want to join you! (I usually don't go to forums).

TRfan23
02-09-08, 20:14
My name is actually jamieoliver22, but thanks :p (you even quoted my post and didn't notice my username).

Anyway, I am still working on making that theme suitable for the forums (I have forgot about it actually, I have been busy lately and loosing the original PSD didn't help) and I have already spoken to Justin about it - so just wait and see what (if anything) happens :p

What a rather extrodanary name to have.

My names ..., never knew anybody would have a name literally jamieoliver22?

jamieoliver22
02-09-08, 20:16
What a rather extrodanary name to have :yik:

My names Oliver, never knew anybody would have a name literally jamieoliver22?

My name is Jamie Oliver, so go figure :p (and 22 is the date my birthday is on).

(Or were you being sarcastic and I am being thick? :p)

Aurelien52
02-09-08, 20:21
Exclent work every one.
Let's keep being one of the community all over the web ;)

TRfan23
02-09-08, 20:34
My name is Jamie Oliver, so go figure :p (and 22 is the date my birthday is on).

(Or were you being sarcastic and I am being thick? :p)

Hi chef Jamie ...
I was being sarcastic :D

Blimey, your birthday's on the 22nd of every month sheeeesh :yik:

:tmb:

Shrantellatessa
02-09-08, 20:34
I think you'll find I'm Jamie's lover, and Jamie is called Jamieoliver22 ;):p.

I knew his lover was a member in TRF too, I think that's why it stayed in my mind and got mixed with Lover/Oliver :D (Cheese and apple sound a nice mix :p).

Sorry Jamie Oliver :o But I did a good publicity for your work, which compensates for my grammar "mistake."

Great to hear your working again on the theme, although it's sad you lost the originl .psd file, but I'm sure you can overcome this lil' issue, so good luck :tmb:

EmeraldFields
02-09-08, 20:42
I found the forums via TRC.:)

Autolycus
02-09-08, 20:44
I feel so excited i may just wet myself lol. Quite simply i needed an answer to a TRL question typed in TR forums in the search engine and the rest is history lol.

rickybazire
02-09-08, 20:44
...maybe a prize for the person who gives the 3,000,000th post...:tea:

As for suggestions, I've said this many times, a General Discussion thread for Tomb Raider only. So like, 'your favourite FMV', 'your favourite game poll'. All those sorts of things.

tlr online
02-09-08, 21:01
Heckler got the three million (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=3000000). As Cochrane says (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3018720&postcount=38), around 20K posts have been deleted in the history of the forum. Even tho a post is deleted, the post count ID continues to go up. Post count IDs aren't recycled.

domina
02-09-08, 21:04
Like some others mentioned, I came by the forums 'cause of Tomb Raider Chronicles. It still remains my favorite TR site, even above the official one.

I actually joined because I saw a lot of Legend bashing, and being one that loves to express her opinion, I wanted to stand up for one of my favorite games. :D

Benguitar
02-09-08, 21:07
I think you guys should give us Members more features.

Smileys in signatures
Banners in signatures
Gif's in signatures

Tomb Raider and different themes for TRF.

Photo and Video.

If members made any Tomb Raider movies or photo edits instead of making another forum lets just have a "Video & Photo Viewer".

No more having to go to YouTube for videos, instead we can have them on TRF.

As far as photo viewers go I guess you could let members have "Albums".

Let Members Change Their Avatars Whenever They Want

EXCEPT!

The mods have to approve them, so the Member uploads an Avatar and they get a message saying "Your avatar will change when a Moderator approves it"

If the avy is too big they get an "error" message.

If it is against the rules it will not be uploaded and the member will receive a message saying "Your avatar was declined by a Moderator for explicit content."

Draco
02-09-08, 21:21

Half of those are probably mine, apparently it was recently made taboo to debate in my decade long traditional style :(

Cristina
02-09-08, 21:29
By the way Justin, I found the vBulletin skin/theme I was talking about and the explanation to why it wouldn't affect bandwidth: Clicky (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2843226&postcount=4)!

A poll would also be a great way to collectively decide on this subject :)

wow love the skin:eek: its simply perfect:jmp:

Heckler
02-09-08, 21:44
Heckler got the three million (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=3000000). As Cochrane says (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3018720&postcount=38), around 20K posts have been deleted in the history of the forum. Even tho a post is deleted, the post count ID continues to go up. Post count IDs aren't recycled.

YAY!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!:jmp:

]{eith
02-09-08, 21:52
Come on TRF! We can do it! Everyone, stop looking up porn and focus! :D

Christi
02-09-08, 21:54
...*shoots heckler* Im kidding *hugs heckler* So you're going to have dinner with Justin...are you allowed to take one more? :p

takamotosan
03-09-08, 00:37
i joined trf because of the official tomb raider website, actually. it was eager for TRU information, though it was still in its TRA state.

i decided to check out the forums.

the rest is (chronicled in these very forums) history :D

tlr online
03-09-08, 01:30
Half of those are probably mine, apparently it was recently made taboo to debate in my decade long traditional style :(

I haven't found anything wrong with your debating style. :confused:

A good number of those deleted posts are the work of spam bots.

tampi
03-09-08, 14:52
Then, that's all???
No prize, no party night, no games and no discoteque dancing???? :confused::o

Draco
03-09-08, 15:03
I haven't found anything wrong with your debating style. :confused:

A good number of those deleted posts are the work of spam bots.

I've had my posts disappear quite often, no notice from anyone about it. But as you know I'm not used to replying to more than one person in one post, so the new rule or whatever it is takes getting used to, especially since I often go quite awhile before I read a whole thread. TRF isn't the only thing I'm doing.

I just found out the other day that the multiquote thing works on my cell phone. So it shouldn't be an issue, but I've walked away from a few hot debates because my replies were deleted.

tlr online
05-09-08, 15:58
1,000 and counting. :jmp: We should hit the magic 3 mil. sometime tonight.

violentblossom
05-09-08, 15:59
1,000 and counting. :jmp:

Yaaaaay!!

Ninety bottles of beer on the wall, ninety nine bottles of beer.... :whi:

george_croft
05-09-08, 16:00
Woo, go TRF! :tmb:

tlr online
05-09-08, 16:02
yaaaaay!!

Ninety bottles of beer on the wall, ninety nine bottles of beer.... :whi:

lol!

TombRaiderCool
05-09-08, 16:02

Yay.:yah:
Justin did you ever think it would be this successful? :D

Draco
05-09-08, 16:06

Probably not, it took TRF longer to get from 0 to 250,000 posts than it did to go from 250,000 to 3,000,000. Granted I didn't actually check... >.>

Aurelien52
05-09-08, 16:06

:jmp:

So...
You're going to drinkk coffee to see it post? :p

tlr online
05-09-08, 16:08

So...
You're going to drinkk coffee to see it post? :p

I need some serious caffeine injection, but I'm going to try and stay awake.

TombRaiderCool
05-09-08, 16:09
Probably not, it took TRF longer to get from 0 to 250,000 posts than it did to go from 250,000 to 3,000,000. Granted I didn't actually check... >.>

Yes, it is like population of an animal in a new habitat, the numbers of them are few to start with but then ausally there is a big leap(in the right conditions;)).

violentblossom
05-09-08, 16:10

and then you can send us all free puppies and copies of Underworld!

:whi:

Rileigh
05-09-08, 16:11

mmmm, caffine. I'm off to Starbucks. :D

rowanlim
05-09-08, 16:42
852 posts to go! :jmp: :D

Even the anticipation of this overshadows that of coffee :o

violentblossom
05-09-08, 16:50
"peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNVfhQ-ijc&feature=related

Sedge
05-09-08, 16:56
Around 800 to go, eh? :D

Titanium
05-09-08, 16:58
I have a great idea. There's going to be a massive party when we reach 3 mil yeah? So every night, Justin can delete some posts to put it down to 2,999,999 then we have another party when it reaches 3 mil. And we repeat it until we're all on the floor completely unconcious. :jmp:

rowanlim
05-09-08, 17:04
I have a great idea. There's going to be a massive party when we reach 3 mil yeah? So every night, Justin can delete some posts to put it down to 2,999,999 then we have another party when it reaches 3 mil. And we repeat it until we're all on the floor completely unconcious. :jmp:

:vlol: What a crazy idea...That's gonna take a lot of work...:vlol: :D

spikejones
05-09-08, 17:13
i imagine we will surpass the 3 million mark today!! there are less than 800 posts to go. If each member makes just one post today, well you get the idea!!

as for me, I found this forum when I was playing AOD and I ran into some technical issues. I did a search on google for the issue that I was having, found it in the TRF archives. Then I decided to check out the actual forums by shortening the URL down to just www.tombraiderforums.com. And that people is the story of how the great spikejones found TRF!! :D

Titanium
05-09-08, 19:30
Okay guys, time to predict when we will hit the 3 million mark. What time do you think it will happen. And we'll base it on UK time so its 20:32 at the moment. :)

(forums clock is two minutes behind. :p)

Sedge
05-09-08, 19:39
It'll happen.. exactly at 04:38 am the UK time! :p

Edit: .. well maybe a bit earlier, the pace has.. speeded up. XD

pEhouse
05-09-08, 20:11
Naw, it'll happen within the next 30 min.. only around 250 posts to go :D

Nitro Typhoon
05-09-08, 20:25
200 to go!!! :D

badboy70
05-09-08, 20:25
Awesome :D

*another post added* :p

violentblossom
05-09-08, 20:27
"so there are two muffins baking in the oven.

one muffin says, 'man, its hot in here.'

and the other runs off shouting, 'AHH! talking muffin!"

meh, random stupid joke.

badboy70
05-09-08, 20:29

meh, random stupid joke.LMao !

*sleepyness strikes again...*

cristina8992
05-09-08, 20:32

meh, random stupid joke.

It's not stupid, it's cute.:D

So, 3 million, huh? Wow.

I remember my first post here, someone was looking for the first AOD trailer and couldn't find it. I searched, found it, and posted the link. And that was almost 2 years ago. Damn, time flies.:p

scion05
05-09-08, 20:34

Nothing to do with me :whi:

jackles
05-09-08, 20:37
I imagine that there will be a plethora of posts when the 'time' gets close.

Tihocan9
05-09-08, 20:53
Less than 100 now :D

Elmer
05-09-08, 21:14
It was a long looooooooooong time ago, the day that I joined.
Young and na´ve I was then, Wandering across every tiny piece of Tomb Raider Legend Media. (Got totally spoiled, knew everything before I played the game.)
But I've learned from it:)
*Random* I want to have a whole closet full of handwritten books:) *Random*

Edit: W00t!!!!!

badboy70
05-09-08, 21:20
It has been crossed :jmp:

Agent 47
05-09-08, 21:21
mission complete :D

Larapink
I think I made it the 3 millionth post. :D

cristina8992
W00T!:jmp::yah:

Aurelien52
:tmb:

KC Mraz
05-09-08, 21:22
W00tness!

Drone
05-09-08, 21:22
haha so more than 3m now :D

Agent 47
05-09-08, 21:24
I think I made it the 3 millionth post. :D

actually someone on the big brother thread did ;)

Titanium
05-09-08, 21:28
**** I missed it. :p

Congratulations TRF! :jmp:

violentblossom
05-09-08, 21:33
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYzorz!

Titanium
05-09-08, 21:36
After doing some math, I figured out who got the 3 millionth post...

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3026432

Congratulations Drone! :p

spikejones
05-09-08, 21:47
After doing some math, I figured out who got the 3 millionth post...

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3026432

Congratulations Drone! :p

wait.... that is post number 3,026,432 :confused:

somethings not right here..

post number 3,000,000 would be this one (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3000000) would it not?

@titanium, i tried that too, but got a different result since so many people are posting simultaneously. it'd theoretically have to be done at a time when you are the only one logged (hence no possible other activity) and look at the current post count, make a new one - look at its post number, and subtract the excess over 3 Mil from that post count from your posts number. That will extrapolate the "proper" 3 millionth post.

but something must be bugged out with the post counter cause if you look at the current post number at the botttom of the forum index and compare to the number of THIS post, things just don't match up.

Titanium
05-09-08, 21:59
Nope the 25000 odd posts were deleted

I figured out via taking the complete amount of posts on forum, then I took the newest post number, then I had to figure out the deleted posts amount. So I took away the amount of posts over 3 million from the newest post number, resulting in me being given the 3 millionth post that has not been deleted.

And I refreshed both pages at the same time to collect the total posts and newest post, checked they were by the same person in the same thread, so its right. :) (hopefully. :p)

Draco
05-09-08, 22:00
wait.... that is post number 3,026,432 :confused:

somethings not right here..

post number 3,000,000 would be this one (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3000000) would it not?

@titanium, i tried that too, but got a different result since so many people are posting simultaneously. it'd theoretically have to be done at a time when you are the only one logged (hence no possible other activity) and look at the current post count, make a new one - look at its post number, and subtract the excess over 3 Mil from that post count from your posts number. That will extrapolate the "proper" 3 millionth post.

but something must be bugged out with the post counter cause if you look at the current post number at the botttom of the forum index and compare to the number of THIS post, things just don't match up.

Deleted posts.

spikejones
05-09-08, 22:09
oh well, that does not change the fact that the posts were made so in that case, I give the true honor to Heckler. The one Drone made is kinda melodramatic even though it sent the page index counter to the 3 million mark. The true 3 millionth post was made last month on the 25th by Heckler.

and so what happens when some older posts get deleted again? wouldn't that just revoke Drone's accomplishment since the math wont work anymore? Food for thought.

3 million posts HAD been made, whether they were junk or not. And just happens that the 3 millionth one is still around so don't you think we owe it to Heckler to recognize that?

Congrats Drone too for setting the index counter to 3 mil!

Agent 47
05-09-08, 22:37
at the bottom of index page it says 3,000,287 posts

all admin has to do is check the logs in admin panel, countback 287 posts and that will say who posted the 3millionth post TODAY, they should be credited imo

you don't include deleted posts as they nolonger exist, hence the word deleted :D so no i won't give credit to someone who may not deserve the honor :D

Titanium
05-09-08, 22:39
you don't include deleted posts as they nolonger exist, hence the word deleted :D so no i won't give credit to someone who may not deserve the honor :D

And not forgetting Spam bots, should we count theirs as legit posts? :p

Agent 47
05-09-08, 22:41
And not forgetting Spam bots, should we count theirs as legit posts? :p

spambots aren't legit, they serve no purpose and are deleted accordingly :D

Draco
05-09-08, 23:51
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=3000000#post3000000

raiderfun
05-09-08, 23:53
Haha, then congrats Heckler :D

jackali
05-09-08, 23:56
Congratulations Tomb Raider forums! :tmb:

Everyone celebrate. :yah:

tlr online
06-09-08, 00:05
W00t!!!!!!!!! :yah:

tampi
06-09-08, 00:12

I lost it. :(

Congratulations to Heckler, to Drone, tlr and all those who have made this pyramid so great! :tmb:

Larapink
06-09-08, 00:24
@Tampi: Pryramid?:vlol:

Don't you mean Forums. :vlol:

b0bb13
06-09-08, 00:27

Don't you see?We are all slaves and Justin likes to use his all-mighty whip from time to time on us(when he mentions that he knows stuff about TRU,lol):p

W00T for TRF!Officially the best place on Earth!:jmp:
:gki:

tombraiderluka
06-09-08, 00:27
COngratulatulations :jmp: :tmb:

Immortalis08
06-09-08, 00:29
Congrats Heckler and most importantly TRF! :yah:

Onto 4 Million now...;)

tampi
06-09-08, 00:41

Don't you see?We are all slaves and Justin likes to use his all-mighty whip from time to time on us(when he mentions that he knows stuff about TRU,lol):p

W00T for TRF!Officially the best place on Earth!:jmp:
:gki:

Posts pyramid :ton::D

edit:I am meaning that Heckler or Drone, have not attained the post 3,000,000 without all the other members. :)

Btw Who was the FIRST post in the forum??? :) Tlr??

http://i37.************/2pzzp5j.jpg

KC Mraz
06-09-08, 00:46
Btw Who was the FIRST post in the forum??? :) Tlr??

http://i37.************/2pzzp5j.jpg

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=000001 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=000001)

:pi: :confused:

tampi
06-09-08, 00:51
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=000001 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=000001)

:confused: Where is this search function.... Ok nevermind :p

tlr online
06-09-08, 01:11

That's not the first post. Because we imported forum threads from a different software, some of the early sequencing is wrong. First post ever made was 6 June, 2000, here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=30193&postcount=1

Titanium
06-09-08, 01:14
Must bring back memories for you. :)

Larapink
06-09-08, 01:15
That's not the first post. Because we imported forum threads from a different software, some of the early sequencing is wrong. First post ever made was 6 June, 2000, here:

That was the first ever post! :eek:

Wow.:eek:

tlr online
06-09-08, 01:16
SYS has screenshots of our early forum, and the mag.

KC Mraz
06-09-08, 01:19

The very first post is about machine guns... so TRF! :D :vlol:

patriots88888
06-09-08, 02:03
Now for the $1 million dollar prize. Calculate how many text characters have been posted since TRF's inception. Good luck. :p

BTW. Congratulations to TRF. :yah: What an awesome achievement indeed. It speaks Volumes. Sorry for the pun. :p

spikejones
06-09-08, 05:34

note the numbers in the post's date.... (zeros being insignificant)... 666.
its official that TRF is the devil!!!!!!!:mis::mis:

:vlol::vlol:

Alex Fly
06-09-08, 10:42
3,000,000 that's a lot of posts ! Congrats Tomb Raider Forums ! :tmb:

Rivendell
06-09-08, 10:44
:D Great stuff! :tmb:

TombRaiderCool
06-09-08, 11:33
Go TRF. :tmb:

Origonal
06-09-08, 11:43
GOOOOO TRF!!!:jmp:

Seb_01225
06-09-08, 11:53
Wow

tampi
06-09-08, 11:58

Must bring back memories for you. :)

When you started, you thought it would come so far? :)

CroftScionGuard
06-09-08, 12:20
Good question, tampi :tmb:

@tlr: let's say you are (and we too, I mean at least I am) enjoying seeing how TRF came so far :)
But this is not the end, over time TRF will have more than the double of the actual.

Keep them coming, TRF :tmb:

TombRaiderCool
06-09-08, 12:23

You said practically the same thing as me. :D
TRF forever. :cool:

Tthe Spirit
06-09-08, 13:36
I found the forums and trchronicles.com when the first tomb raider movie was being filmed and so i was making researches about it and so found the forum...
so i used to visit it as a guest...
later on, before the release of TRL, i joined this awsome community...

TRfan23
06-09-08, 15:40
I have a nice idea for TRF :)

Since a lot of people make spelin misaks, and for some strange reason that spell program which was and can't seem to find it anymore linked on these posts. Never worked on my laptop. So I have an idea of making words red squiggly underlined for spelling mistakes, and green squiggly underlined for grammer! As you type on here ;)

Like Microsoft Office Word... ;)

I hope this doesn't dramatically raise the costs for TRF!

JACOBryanBURNS
06-09-08, 15:43
I think we need a new logo challenge in light of Underworld coming out. Something more updated with the new model, just to be more accurate. :D

rowanlim
06-09-08, 16:19
I have a nice idea for TRF :)

Since a lot of people make spelin misaks, and for some strange reason that spell program which was and can't seem to find it anymore linked on these posts. Never worked on my laptop. So I have an idea of making words red squiggly underlined for spelling mistakes, and green squiggly underlined for grammer! As you type on here ;)

Like Microsoft Office Word... ;)

I hope this doesn't dramatically raise the costs for TRF!

I use Mozilla (& Chrome :whi:), they have the auto spelling mistake indicators :p

Congratulations TRF! Waiting for the big 5 million! :tmb: :yah: :gki: :D :hug:

TRfan23
07-09-08, 18:05
I use Mozilla (& Chrome :whi:), they have the auto spelling mistake indicators :p

Congratulations TRF! Waiting for the big 5 million! :tmb: :yah: :gki: :D :hug:

Mozilla has a spelling corrector?

Mine doesn't :confused: I suppose it's an add-on?

_Lam
07-09-08, 18:40
GO GO GO GO GO !
I hope this post help you ! BEST FORUM EVER !
You can do it, we can help ! :D

igonge
27-09-08, 11:01
:gki: I'm helping :)

Shark_Blade
27-09-08, 12:20
I'm a huge fan of Aod and even before it was launched I went to TRChronicles so frequently (back then it was all brown-ish and have Lara's face wearing her round orange sunglasses as the site background). I also downloaded TR fmvs and was delighted that the site has loads of media from tr4, tr1, you get the picture. :D

So I happen to saw a link there to trforums. I was skeptical at first to joining internet forum sites as they were U.G.L.Y..(before this I went to Gamespot forums,etc) the people usually converse in language I can't even concieve of.

But then I read on the forums and the people can actually communicate with proper English ("This is a first"..:eek: I thought to myself). And the community have interesting conversation too actually. So I roam about for a couple of days and finally I decided that I want to become a member. :D

sandygrimm
27-09-08, 12:29
GO FOrum GO! Ra ra ra sis bum ba :vlol:
oh..Stella brought me here..
starting from here http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/

Gladous
27-09-08, 12:42
Google brought me here, well that and TombRaiderChronicles.com. :o

Benguitar
27-09-08, 14:21
i suggest.....

themes!

tomb-y themes!

Yep Yep Yep!!!! I like that! :tmb:

TRexbait
27-09-08, 14:57
Whoo, go forums. :D

Google and the love of TR brought me here.

EDIT: just noticed the post cont at the bittom of the index page, we reached it people.

oocladableeblah
27-09-08, 15:39
WOOT go forums :yah:

coolezpunk
27-09-08, 17:03
:yah: YAY TombRaiderForums!! Lara will be so proud. :jmp::hug:

ANoDE
27-09-08, 17:07
Unfortunately, I can't remember anymore, how I got to these forums. All I can say is, that it's been a wild ride now and then, but it's still worth coming here to enjoy a few chats with friends I found here!

So, YAY TRF!